move 3: Swords Dance
move 4: Shadow Sneak
item: Life Orb / Heavy-Duty Boots
ability: Flash Fire
nature: Adamant
evs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
tera type: Ghost / Fairy

[SET COMMENTS]
  • Ceruledge is a self-sufficient wallbreaker, which functions thanks to its good offensive and defensive type combination, Swords Dance, Flash Fire, healing from Bitter Blade, and Shadow Sneak. Ceruledge is provided switch-in opportunities thanks to its great matchup against Koraidon, which it can heavily punish if it goes for Fighting- or Fire-type attacks.
  • This is all the more useful when trying to dance around Choice-locked variants. It also threatens out one of the most common defensive staples in Corviknight. This allows it to rack up damage on its checks throughout the game and then set up with Swords Dance to sweep late-game with Shadow Sneak.
  • Shadow Claw is mandatory to be able to break through physical walls like Skeledirge, Toxapex, and Alomomola, which is only made easier with Terastallization and the power boost from Life Orb. These easily allow it to 2HKO Toxapex and Alomomola after a boost. Tera Ghost also greatly helps against Dondozo and Great Tusk, which can often be overwhelmed with good play.
  • Shadow Sneak greatly appreciates the power boost from Tera Ghost, which is newly capable of OHKOing foes like Iron Valiant after a single Swords Dance boost and Miraidon after two rounds of Stealth Rock damage.
  • Adamant is the preferred nature as the power boost it provides is very significant. A specific example is Miraidon needing two rounds of Stealth Rock damage for a +2 Tera Ghost Adamant Shadow Sneak to OHKO it, while Jolly would need three rounds of Stealth Rock damage. Jolly's power drop is too significant and the extra Speed it gives doesn't make a worthwhile difference.
  • Tera Fairy improves Ceruledge's defensive profile even more, as it is now immune to Koraidon's Dragon-type STAB moves. This allows it to get many effortless switches or at least heavily dissuade Koraidon from using anything else other than U-turn.
  • Heavy-Duty Boots is a solid option to ignore entry hazards, making it harder to wear Ceruledge down passively, especially in conjunction with Bitter Blade healing further improving longevity. However, the power drop is very noticeable, as it can often come up short in the scenarios you would rely on it to score a KO, for example it now can't OHKO Flutter Mane with Shadow Sneak.
  • Koraidon is an amazing partner, as they can double up on shared checks and wallbreak for the other one to clean late-game. Most importantly, it hugely powers up Ceruledge's Bitter Blade. Koraidon can also help to dance around Chi-Yu, as it can take Dark Pulse aimed at Ceruledge.
  • Great Tusk can also fit alongside the two, as it can clear entry hazards for Ceruledge and help break Dondozo thanks to its immense power. It can also act as a backup Koraidon check.
  • Flutter Mane can often threaten out the Pokemon used for countering Ceruledge, while Ceruledge can threaten out Flutter Mane's checks. They can synergistically break through teams together.
  • Chien-Pao and Ceruledge often act similarly, as they are both tough wallbreakers with good priority that often share checks. This and their mutually complementing offensive and defensive typings allow them to fit very well together.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[ox04, 507268]]
- Quality checked by: [[Lasen, 273339], [Takatk, 595062]]
- Grammar checked by: [[Tea Guzzler, 577920], [autumn, 384270]]

Last edited:

Lasen

smiling through it all
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
[SET]
name: Swords Dance
move 1: Bitter Blade
move 2: Shadow Claw

[SET COMMENTS]
  • Ceruledge is a solid wallbreaker thanks to its good offensive and defensive type combination, Swords Dance, Flash Fire, healing of Bitter Blade, and Shadow Sneak. (I'd rather see you be honest about how good this mon is; it's an OK self-sufficient wallbreaker with its niche coming from being an offensive check to most Koraidon. Merge with first sentence from next bullet point)
  • Ceruledge is provided many switch in opportunities thanks to its amazing match up against Koraidon, which can't hit it with Fighting- and Fire-type attacks. This is all the more useful when trying to dance around Choice-locked variants. It also threatens out one of the most common defensive staples in Corviknight. This allows it to wrack up damage on its checks throughout the game, and then set up with Swords Dance to sweep late game with Shadow Sneak.
  • Shadow Claw is mandatory to be able to break trough consistent physical walls like Skeledirge, Toxapex and Alomomola, which is only made easier with Terastallization and the power boost from Life Orb. This easily allows it to 2HKO Toxapex and Alomomola after a boost. Tera Ghost also greatly helps with Dondozo and Great Tusk, which can often be overwhelmed with good play.
  • Shadow Sneak most greatly appreciates the power boost from Tera Ghost, which is newly capable of OHKOing foes like Iron Valiant after a single Swords Dance boost, and Miraidon after two rounds of Stealth Rock.
  • Life Orb provides an enormous and crucial power boost, which allows it to claim the aforementioned feats.
  • Bitter Blade is crucial for Ceruledge's functioning as the healing it provides allows it to overcome Stealth Rock chip damage and Life Orb recoil which would otherwise quickly wear it down. (dex info)
  • Adamant is the preferred nature as the power boost it provides is very significant, while Jolly severely digs into its damage output and doesn't help enough with speed creep, max Speed investment is enough to get the job done. (provide some examples of kills it gets it'd miss out on or what Jolly lets you outspeed)
  • Tera Fairy is similarly amazing, because even though it does not boost its Ghost STAB, it improves its defensive profile even more as it is now immune to Koraidon's Dragon STAB. This allows it to get many effortless switches, or at least heavily dissuade Koraidon from going for anything else other than U-Turn (if it even has it).
  • Heavy-Duty Boots are a solid option to ignore Stealth Rock and other hazards, making it infinitely harder to wear down especially in conjunction with Bitter Blade healing. However the power drop is almost always too much to sacrifice, as while the survivability is improved, it can't break trough nearly as efficiently, and as such often comes up short in the scenarios you would rely on it to score a KO (most evident with the already weak Shadow Sneak). (remove the parenthesis and make it either two short sentences or add a semi-colon somewhere this got really long)
  • Koraidon is an amazing partner, as they can double up on their checks, and break for the other one to clean late-game. Most importantly, it hugely powers up Ceruledge's Bitter Blade. Great Tusk can also fit alongside the two as it can Rapid Spin for Ceruledge and help with the Dondozo breaking effort thanks to its immense power. It can also act as a backup Koraidon check. Flutter Mane can often threaten out the Pokemon used for countering Ceruledge, while Ceruledge can threaten out Flutter's checks. They can synergistically break trough teams together. Chien-Pao and Ceruledge often act similarly, as they are both tough wallbreakers with good priority often sharing checks. This, and their mutually complementing offensive and defensive Typings allow them to fit very well together.

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[Lasen, 273339], [username2, userid2]]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1]]

this got long; QC 1/2

Taka

coastin' like crazy
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
PUPL Champion
I might cut out the Gholdengo mention entirely or even rework to not include this sentence, as it seems like Adamant is just far better:
Jolly would only help with a non-Choice Scarfed Adamant Great Tusk and non-Choice Scarfed Gholdengo.
Gholdengo has a 50% chance to be OHKOed by Adamant +2 Shadow Sneak either way and non-Choice Scarfed Adamant Great Tusk is a specific enough scenario that it probably isn't worth mentioning in a sentence of its own.

I would also mention that Ceruledge being immune to Chi-Yu's fire-type attacks makes it valuable and that its another reason why Koraidon is a great partner, since it can help take on those Dark-type moves for it.

QC 2/2

I might cut out the Gholdengo mention entirely or even rework to not include this sentence, as it seems like Adamant is just far better
I just wanted to give a reasoning as to why Jolly isn't worth it at all, these are the only examples where it might be better than Adamant (removed the sentence in its entirety).

Everything implemented.

Tea Guzzler

forever searching for a 10p freddo
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
AMGP, implement as desired but needs official verification
add remove comment (ac) = add comma (rc) = remove comma
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS] removed gap
  • Ceruledge is a self-sufficient wallbreaker, (ac) which functions thanks to its good offensive and defensive type combination, Swords Dance, Flash Fire, healing of from Bitter Blade, and Shadow Sneak. Ceruledge is provided many switch-in (add hyphen) opportunities thanks to its amazing matchup (remove space) against Koraidon, which can't hit it with Fighting- and Fire-type attacks.
  • This is all the more useful when trying to dance around Choice-locked variants. It also threatens out one of the most common defensive staples in Corviknight. This allows it to wrack up damage on its checks throughout the game, (rc) and then set up with Swords Dance to sweep late-game (add hyphen) with Shadow Sneak.
  • Shadow Claw is mandatory to be able to break through consistent physical walls like Skeledirge, Toxapex, (ac) and Alomomola, which is only made easier with Terastallization and the power boost from Life Orb. This These easily allows it to 2HKO Toxapex and Alomomola after a boost. Tera Ghost also greatly helps with against Dondozo and Great Tusk, which can often be overwhelmed with good play.
  • Shadow Sneak most greatly appreciates the power boost from Tera Ghost, which is newly capable of OHKOing foes like Iron Valiant after a single Swords Dance boost, (rc) and Miraidon after two rounds of Stealth Rock damage.
  • Adamant is the preferred nature as the power boost it provides is very significant, because without it a lot more prior damage would be needed before foes drop into Shadow Sneak range. A specific example is Miraidon needing two rounds of Stealth Rock damage for a +2 Attack Tera Ghost Adamant Shadow Sneak to OHKO, while Jolly would need 3 rounds of Stealth Rock damage. Jolly's power drop is too significant and the extra Speed it gives doesn't make a worthwhile difference.
  • Tera Fairy improves its defensive profile even more as it is now immune to Koraidon's Dragon STAB. This allows it to get many effortless switches, (rc) or at least heavily dissuade Koraidon from going for using anything else other than U-Turn U-turn.
  • Heavy-Duty Boots are is a solid option to ignore Stealth Rock and other entry hazards, making it harder to wear Ceruledge down passively, especially in conjunction with Bitter Blade healing further improving longevity. However the power drop is almost always too much to sacrifice as the improved longevity generally isn't as useful. However, Tthe power drop is very noticeable as it can often come up short in the scenarios you would rely on it to score a KO, for example it now can't knockout OHKO Flutter Mane with Shadow Sneak.
  • Koraidon is an amazing partner, as they can double up on their shared checks, (rc) and wallbreak for the other one to clean late-game. Most importantly, it hugely powers up Ceruledge's Bitter Blade. Koraidon can also help to dance around Chi-Yu as it can take Dark Pulse aimed at Ceruledge.
  • Great Tusk can also fit alongside the two as it can Rapid Spin clear entry hazards for Ceruledge and help with the Dondozo breaking effort thanks to its immense power. It can also act as a backup Koraidon check.
  • Flutter Mane can often threaten out the Pokemon used for countering Ceruledge, while Ceruledge can threaten out Flutter Mane's checks. They can synergistically break through teams together.
  • Chien-Pao and Ceruledge often act similarly, as they are both tough wallbreakers with good priority often sharing that often share checks. This, (rc) and their mutually complementing offensive and defensive Typings typings allow them to fit very well together.

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[Lasen, 273339], [Takatk., 595062]]

autumn

only i will remain
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
C&C Leader
1/1 GP Team done credit both of us
[SET]
move 3: Swords Dance (this should really be move 1 because the set is called swords dance)

[SET COMMENTS] removed gap
  • Ceruledge is a self-sufficient wallbreaker, (ac) which functions thanks to its good offensive and defensive type combination, Swords Dance, Flash Fire, healing of from Bitter Blade, and Shadow Sneak. Ceruledge is provided many switch-in (add hyphen) opportunities thanks to its amazing matchup (remove space) against Koraidon, which can't hit it with Fighting- and Fire-type attacks. (do you need the last sentence? it feels kinda type charty)
  • This is all the more useful when trying to dance around Choice-locked variants. It also threatens out one of the most common defensive staples in Corviknight. This allows it to wrack up damage on its checks throughout the game, (rc) and then set up with Swords Dance to sweep late-game (add hyphen) with Shadow Sneak.
  • Shadow Claw is mandatory to be able to break through consistent physical walls like Skeledirge, Toxapex, (ac) and Alomomola, which is only made easier with Terastallization and the power boost from Life Orb. This These easily allows it to 2HKO Toxapex and Alomomola after a boost. Tera Ghost also greatly helps with against Dondozo and Great Tusk, which can often be overwhelmed with good play.
  • Shadow Sneak most greatly appreciates the power boost from Tera Ghost, which is newly capable of OHKOing foes like Iron Valiant after a single Swords Dance boost, (rc) and Miraidon after two rounds of Stealth Rock damage.
  • Adamant is the preferred nature, (AC) as the power boost it provides is very significant, because without it a lot more prior damage would be needed before foes drop into Shadow Sneak range. A specific example is Miraidon needing two rounds of Stealth Rock damage for a +2 Attack Tera Ghost Adamant Shadow Sneak to OHKO it, while Jolly would need 3 three rounds of Stealth Rock damage. Jolly's power drop is too significant and the extra Speed it gives doesn't make a worthwhile difference.
  • Tera Fairy improves its Ceruledge's defensive profile even more, (AC) as it is now immune to Koraidon's Dragon-type STAB moves. This allows it to get many effortless switches, (rc) or at least heavily dissuade Koraidon from going for using anything else other than U-Turn U-turn.
  • Heavy-Duty Boots are is a solid option to ignore Stealth Rock and other entry hazards, making it harder to wear Ceruledge down passively, especially in conjunction with Bitter Blade healing further improving longevity. However the power drop is almost always too much to sacrifice as the improved longevity generally isn't as useful. However, Tthe power drop is very noticeable, (AC) as it can often come up short in the scenarios you would rely on it to score a KO, for example it now can't knockout OHKO Flutter Mane with Shadow Sneak.
  • Koraidon is an amazing partner, as they can double up on their shared checks, (rc) and wallbreak for the other one to clean late-game. Most importantly, it hugely powers up Ceruledge's Bitter Blade. Koraidon can also help to dance around Chi-Yu, (AC) as it can take Dark Pulse aimed at Ceruledge.
  • Great Tusk can also fit alongside the two, (AC) as it can Rapid Spin clear entry hazards for Ceruledge and help with the break Dondozo breaking effort thanks to its immense power. It can also act as a backup Koraidon check.
  • Chien-Pao and Ceruledge often act similarly, as they are both tough wallbreakers with good priority often sharing that often share checks. This, (rc) and their mutually complementing offensive and defensive Typings typings allow them to fit very well together.

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[Lasen, 273339], [Takatk., 595062]]

(this should really be move 1 because the set is called swords dance)
I have a very specific taste when it comes to move order, I absolutely can't stand MY set's moves being ordered in any other way. Not sure how much it means to you, but I am always extremely annoyed when I try to import a set and then have to reorder all of the moves each time I'm building a new team (which I am just about every day). It really has an enormous mental effect on me when playing and it actually does make a difference. I seriously lost some matches because I am so used to the way I order moves, and then I click the wrong button when I forget to change the move order. Even if I click the right move when I have the wrong order, I am losing my temper and concentration because I am putting way too much effort into the simple action that is clicking a button instead of thinking about the game.

Of course I am up for a compromise if you really insist that I change the move order, but this hasn't been a problem on any other sets I have been writing so I don't see a reason why it should be changed here (I wrote SD Chien Pao, which is a much more relevant Pokemon and set, and I also didn't put SD in the 1st moveslot for which I got no complaints).

(do you need the last sentence? it feels kinda type charty)
Rephrased it. Hope it illustrates the picture better now.

That's all, it's done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)