Sword & Shield OU Analysis Discussion

For Toxtricity, I think Snarl should get a mention in Other Options. It hits Dragapult hard, and since Dragapult resists Toxtricity's STAB and is immune to Boomburst, having a way to stop it from coming in pretty freely is pretty valuable. The guaranteed SpA drop is also quite good against other potential switch ins like Hydreigon and funnily enough other Toxtricity.

I have seen that Rotom-H learns Deffog in smogon, but in Showdown can't learn deffog. Too bad for monotype fire without a deffoger...

For Toxtricity, I think Snarl should get a mention in Other Options. It hits Dragapult hard, and since Dragapult resists Toxtricity's STAB and is immune to Boomburst, having a way to stop it from coming in pretty freely is pretty valuable. The guaranteed SpA drop is also quite good against other potential switch ins like Hydreigon and funnily enough other Toxtricity.
There is no other options in this format. But I'll bring it up in the QC channel (eventually).

I have seen that Rotom-H learns Deffog in smogon, but in Showdown can't learn deffog. Too bad for monotype fire without a deffoger...
I think the new movepool changes haven't been implemented in the Smogon Dex yet. Conkeldurr still has Knock Off, for example. Not sure when that will change :/ but I'll bring it up. Thanks!

Regarding the Dragapult preview, why wasn't a Hex set included? It would look like the set below. It has enough speed for Jolly Baraskewda and lives its banded Ice Fang after rocks. The HP is enough to live 4 Night Shades with Leftovers. However, there might be a better spread to showcase it.
Dragapult @ Leftovers
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 84 HP / 32 Def / 184 SpA / 208 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- U-turn
Credit to AM for the concept, Chazm for the benchmarks, and myself for the optimization

Last edited:
Regarding the Dragapult preview, why wasn't a Hex set included? It would look like the set below. It has enough speed for Jolly Baraskewda and lives its banded Ice Fang. The HP is enough to live 4 Night Shades with Leftovers. However, there might be a better spread to showcase it.
Dragapult @ Leftovers
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 84 HP / 32 Def / 184 SpA / 208 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- U-turn
Credit to AM for the concept, Chazm for the benchmarks, and myself for the optimization
We didn't want to include it just yet because the set isn't quite as common as the Choice Specs set and these analyses are just meant as previews; they're not meant to be very inclusive.

I think a good set for frosmoth would be a heavey hitting set with something like blizzard/ice beam
bug buzz hurricane and quiver dance and than maybe leftovers or life orb as an item

Been having some good times with a bulky corviknight. Bulk Up and Roost to wall up, Body Press and Brave Bird to KO.

Initially ran it with Leftovers, but I've been a lot happier since switching to Rocky Helmet. I can bulk up and roost while the opponent bashes themselves to death on my helmet while tickling me at most.

+Def -Spatk (mine is running +SpDef, which I'm not mad about. His defense is already high, SpDef could use the lil boost)

252 Hp
252 Def
4 SpDef

fanyfan

i once put 42 mcdonalds chicken nuggets in my anus
For the Alcreamie preview, would it be better to invest in some SpDef so that you don’t lose to np hydreigon? With no SpDef, +2 flash cannon has a chance to ohko (calcs mentioned st bottom). There’s two spreads you could potentially use to mitigate the problem. If you just put 28 evs in SpDef it guaranteed lives +2 flash cannon from full. If you want to go further and live +2 flash cannon after rocks, you can have a calm nature and put 68 evs in SpDef. This spread comes with other benefits like taking on specs Indeedee better. Idk how specialized you want the ev spreads of the previews but I feel like one of these two spreads is better then max def.

+2 252 SpA Hydreigon Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Alcremie: 288-340 (86.2 - 101.7%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 252 SpA Hydreigon Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 28 SpD Alcremie: 282-332 (84.4 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 252 SpA Hydreigon Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 68+ SpD Alcremie: 248-292 (74.2 - 87.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
Is it possible for me to submit a full analysis for a Pokemon already previewed at this stage, or is it too early for this? I've been doing some for personal write-up practice for some time now and was thinking of sharing them.

Should you be interested, here's an Arctozolt analysis I did.

Attachments

Is it possible for me to submit a full analysis for a Pokemon already previewed at this stage, or is it too early for this? I've been doing some for personal write-up practice for some time now and was thinking of sharing them.

Should you be interested, here's an Arctozolt analysis I did.
Cool! But right now, they ain't doing full analysis until everything gets settled up in the new OU tier...
One more thing, Excadrill takes neutral damage from Icicle Crash, it doesn't resist it :]

Is this a thread that i can discuss some ideas about a Pokémon that I am interested in. If not could someone reply with a link with it. I’m kind of new if you couldn’t tell and I’m very excited but dumb haha. Thank you for the help in advance.

Is this a thread that i can discuss some ideas about a Pokémon that I am interested in. If not could someone reply with a link with it. I’m kind of new if you couldn’t tell and I’m very excited but dumb haha. Thank you for the help in advance.
This is probably the thread you're looking for

I'm wondering the same as Crabbu But I'm gonna post it here, this is absolutely insane (doubs)

Drifblim @ weakness Policy
252 hp 252 spe 4 SPD
Timid nature
strength sap
Ally switch
Shadow ball
Thunderbolt/defog

Last edited:

Zneon

uh oh
is a Community Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Alright to start 2020 off, I think Specs & Band Aegislash should be added to the analysis, since at this point of the meta is its best sets so far.

Aegislash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Steel Beam
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Close Combat

Aegislash @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Shadow Claw
- Close Combat
- Shadow Sneak

Looking forward to contributing this year!

Last edited:
Alright to start 2020 off, I think Specs & Band Aegislash should be added to the Analysis, since at this point of the meta is its best sets so far.

Aegislash @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Steel Beam
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Close Combat

Aegislash @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Shadow Claw
- Close Combat
- Shadow Sneak

Looking forward to contributing this year!
We aren't adding anything to the existing analyses because we're going to start doing full analyses soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)