Movesets P1: https://pastebin.com/Cyg8Rp53
Movesets P2: https://pastebin.com/c6EFsD

New Mechanics:
  • Dynamax
-Lasts for 3 Turns
-One use per battle
-Doubles HP stat
-Allows the use of dynamax moves
-Immunity to weight-based attacks (Heavy Slam, Low Kick, etc)
-Immunity to Knock Off if no held item used (need further confirmation)
-Damage taken from LO, Leech Seed, Toxic, etc is calculated from base HP, not Dynamax HP
-Immunity to flinch
-Immunity to phasing
-Can be used on any Pokemon at any time
-Removes restriction on choice items (needs further confirmation)
  • Rapid Spin buffed to 50 BP, increases Speed by one Stage
  • Pinch Berries now only heal 33% (Down from 50%)
  • Multi-Attack buffed to 120 BP
  • Inner Focus - Prevents Intimidate, normal stat changes still apply
  • Own Tempo - Prevents Intimidate, normal stat changes still apply
Below I combed through the information found in the links for more relevant discussion pertaining to NU:
Pursuit
Return
Frustration
Hidden Power
Psywave
Refresh
Punishment
All Z Moves
-Eject Pack An item to be held by a Pokémon. When the holder’s stats are lowered, it will be switched out of battle.
-Heavy-Duty Boots These boots prevent the effects of traps set on the battlefield.
-Blunder Policy Raises Speed sharply when a Pokémon misses with a move because of accuracy.
-Room Service An item to be held by a Pokémon. Lowers Speed when Trick Room takes effect.
-Utility Umbrella An item to be held by a Pokémon. This sturdy umbrella protects the holder from the effects of weather.
TBD
TBD

Stay on topic and avoid discussion on bans; otherwise, feel free to get into it.

Yoshi

IT'S FINK DUMBASS
Okay guys, I know this is a speculation thread but be sure not to go too crazy. I have yet to fill out new moves & new Pokemon for NU as I wanted to get the thread out but throughout today I'll certainly start filling that out (and if you guys have any recommendations that would be cool too).

Have fun with this guys!

Old mons:

I think the most notable things to note are that Incineroar gains access to Parting Shot and Vikavolt becomes another Sticky Web setter.

On another note though I could see certain bulky mons that fill niches that would've already been filled by mons that got Dexit'd leaving the tier. (Seismitoad and Steelix for example) Steelix leaving would be interesting to say the least.

I'd say Hitmonlee got better but Pass is still in the game. At least there's no Medicham.

Kingler's another D-rank mon from last gen that I think got slightly better from competition being removed, in this case Samurott. But unfortunately I think Kingler's speed still hurts its viability by quite a bit.

New mons:

Greedent: 120/95/75 is okay bulk and movepool is surprisingly good (AND has Swords Dance!), but lacks recovery and with Pass likely to still run around an absurdly slow Normal-type just isn't going to cut it most likely.

Thievul: Sucks, don't use it.

Eldegoss: Cruddy offensive movepool but has nice tools like Regenerator, moves like Rapid Spin, Leech Seed, and Sleep Powder, and okay bulk. Could make for a good mon in the tier.

Dubwool: 80 Base Attack might sound shabby but Swords Dance, and good bulk with Fluffy. It gets Body Press to abuse with its good Defense stat and makes it a Normal-type not completely walled by bulky Rock- and Steel-types. I don't think it will cut it in even RU though so that's why I'm bringing it up here.

Boltund: Even Manectric is better. Competitive is good for anti-Defog support but what kind of Defogger wants to stay in on an Electric-type anyway?

Coalossal: Awful defensive typing and lackluster attacking stats, but has some nice utility in Rocks, WoW, Spikes, even Scald if you're daring.

Cramorant: Looks like a worse Swanna and Swanna isn't even any good.

Grapploct: Look they made Crabominable again without the Ice-type. And it's somehow worse. Still strong if it gets a hit off and has Sucker Punch at least but why not use any other Fighting-type instead? At the very least though Octolock shenanigans could be amusing for stallbreaking.

Perrserker: With how short our tier will likely be in terms of Steel-types this guy doesn't seem totally awful. Likely outclassed by even Mawile but slow U-turn and good offensive presence seems neat.

Sirfetch'd: Likely too slow and frail for other tiers but a Fighting-type with Defog and Knock Off has a lot of potential especially one this powerful. I think Gurdurr will have 4MSS which Sirfetch'd doesn't have. Again though it's slow and kinda frail and it has no recovery.

Mr. Rime: Type sucks but hey its movepool is a lot better than I expected. Slack Off, Rapid Spin, Encore, Freeze-Dry, it has at least some things going for it.

Runerigus: Palossand's gone so maybe this will fill the void. Maybe? I don't know exactly how good this will be but at least it won't be BS like Offensive TR Cofagrigus last gen.

Morpeko: How does this not get Sucker Punch? I mean it at least has physical Electric STAB, half of the time, and it has some interesting options like Seed Bomb for bulky Grounds like Piloswine and Rhydon and Stomping Tantrum so Togedemaru doesn't screw you over. Still don't think it'll be any good though.

Falinks: Better than a lot of the new Fighting-types because of an omni-boosting signature move. Good enough movepool as well.

Pinurchin: Kinda defensive Electric-type with access to Recover, Scald, Spikes/T-Spikes, and Electric Surge? Doesn't sound too bad actually. Just watch out for low HP and Speed.

Indeedee: Psychic Surge plus a good enough movepool (Mystical Fire serves the same purpose as Focus Blast) and good speed and good power. I think the female version will be manageable here but the male one probably not. Then again we still have Incineroar and Sneasel.

Arcto-fossils: Arctozolt has a good movepool but sucky typing and garbage speed, in a sense invoking Aurorus or Mega Abomasnow from previous gens a little bit. Artcovish doesn't seem any good though and I'd even use Lapras instead lol. I think Dracovish could be NU for a little while but Sand Rush + Fishous Rend + that one max move that summons Sand will bring to mind the horrors of Gigalith Sand in Gen 7.

So that's most of what I wanted to talk about. Maybe mons like Cursola and Obstagoon with be NU, I don't know. Maybe I underestimated/overestimated some mons. Either way I like to speculate.

Last edited:
For the record, Rapid Spin still removes hazards.
Oh? If that's the case, my opinion on Eldegoss and Mr. Rime goes up. There are few others that I mentioned that get spin like Morpeko and Coalossal but honestly I don't think they'll be good spinners at all.

I feel one mon that could rise in this new meta would be Gallade, for multiple reasons:

1) Medicham being gone means that he has much less competition for a fighting type that deals with the Poison buddies;

2) In the pre-HOME meta, many things either don't exist yet (ex.: Incineroar) or don't have access to Knock Off (Sawk, Scrafty, etc...), which give Gallade an edge over the competition;

3) Even though Slowbro is gone, we still have some bulky Psychics and some other old faces (Upgraded Kanto Weezing, possibly Galar Weezing, Leech Seed Vileplume, Garbodor), all of which really dislike a fighter that can dispose of them with ease (even more so with MAX-Zen Headbutt);

4) Dynamax seems to ignore Choice items and reduces LO recoil to 5%, all of which really benefit Gallade as it often prefers the flexibility of the latter and has SD to boost up without having to use "big Power-Up Punch". Not that he always needs to boost since +0 CC from Jolly LO Gallade leaves a nasty mark on almost anything.

Post-HOME, CC / KO Scrafty and Parting Shot Incineroar will definitely shake up the meta in some way (either because of the new-toy syndrome, or because of legitimate strength), plus all of the Knock Off-ers will be back. Also many mons will regain access to Roost.

Sirfetch'd and Mr Rime will definitely be fun Pokemon to toy around with, especially since they have quite the colorful movepool and a multitude of options (the latter even more so).

Really excited to try out the tier for real this time and make use of stuff like Webs Vikavolt + Eldegoss (spin + Regenerator + bulky grass pivot + speed control in one convenient package? Sign me up!). As much as I want it to be in NU to do some Gallade shenanigans, Psychic Surge is such a powerful ability that I can see Indeedee jump up a tier or two, but who knows?

Charizard has a good chance of leaving the tier imho because Dynamax is broken an extremely powerful offensive mechanic and MAX-Hurricane being a nuke that boosts speed is the icing on a disgusting cake.

Sirfetch'd: Likely too slow and frail for other tiers but a Fighting-type with Defog and Knock Off has a lot of potential especially one this powerful. I think Gurdurr will have 4MSS which Sirfetch'd doesn't have. Again though it's slow and kinda frail and it has no recovery.

It probably won't even make it down to NU. It will probably be RU, since good hazard removal is absolutely abysmal in gen 8 and sirfetch'd has a pretty good matchup against most setters.

Also DEFINITELY no more Gallade in NU. It is the only remaining psychic/fighting type, meaning it's about the only fighting pokemon that can effectively deal with poison types.

Although it's early days, I thought I'd post about potential mons that stand out, given how abstract the gen is thus far.

Cramorant @ leftovers | gulp missile
bold nature | 248 hp / 252 def / 8 spe
scald / roost / defog / hurricane

Cramorant bears noticeably mediocre stats but is saved by being one of the few hazard removers that has a good chance of being nu. Ironically its weakest stat is phys def, since this thing will most likely be used as a check to fighters and grounds like gurdurr and potentially stuff like golurk, mudsdale, and maybe sandaconda or steelix. Lack of distribution in toxic mons is really unfortunate, especially for walls / pivots like this, but hurricane makes up in some mileage by giving it at least one form of outlet vs fat waters and further aiding the ability to check fighters. Air slash is obviously a plausible alternative. Offensive sets aren't out of the equation either, with spa and speed both base 85 and an offensive movepool in pump / hurricane / sub / roost mibi - or choiced as well.

Eldegoss @ leftovers | regenerator
bold nature | 252 hp / 252 def / 4 spe
giga drain / rapid spin / synthesis / sleep powder

Ok, regen spin mon being nu sounds like another unrealistic hope, but this mon has exclusively grass type attacks, alongside pollen puff and hyper voice. As well as being cucked hard by the toxic renovation. Overall, leaving eldegoss basically helpless vs a lot of pokemon. Despite these negatives, regenator mon with spin cannot be easily dismissed, especially with good spd (120) and respectable bulk (60 hp 90 def) and spa (90). In a sense, eldegoss and cramorant are somewhat similar - both acting as pivots into grounds and different types respectively. I imagine any water type that has a chance of being nu would struggle to break through this even with proper coverage, so that's a plus, but toxic spam is obviously a pain. Other cool moves this mon gets: leech seed, stun spore, aromatherapy, leaf storm, energy drain, and cotton guard if you're feeling extra deviant.

Pincurchin @ leftovers / terrain extender | electric surge
bold nature | 252 hp / 252 def / 4 spe
spikes / discharge / scald / recover

Pincurchin @ leftovers | electric surge
adamant nature | 252 hp / 252 atk / 4 spe
zing zap / liquidation / poison jab / sucker punch or recover

This mon is insanely fiya. This mon is very unorthodox in the best way, very slow mon with good offensive and defensive stats (bar hp) and insane coverage for its typing. This 1st set acts as a nuisance spike stacker with a way to bypass ground-types, whereas the 2nd set is a more offensive take on the mon. Electric surge is a ridiculous ability as we all know, but coupled with spikes, recover, coverage for waters and grasses just makes this mon look so appealing. Also some food for thought:

Swoobat @ electric seed | simple
timid nature | 252 spa / 4 spd / 252 spe
calm mind or nasty plot / stored power / air slash or heat wave / roost

lol

Dubwool @ choice band / choice scarf | fluffy
jolly nature | 252 atk / 4 def / 252 spe
double-edge / body press / facade / zen headbutt

Dubwool @ leftovers | fluffy
adamant nature | 252 hp / 252 atk / 4 spd
substitute / swords dance / body slam / body press or payback

Solid normal bouffalant-esque mon. Respectable speed and attack (88 and 80) is perfect opportunity to run either band or scarf. This thing is also thick as fuck (72 hp, 100 def, 90 spd) so sub sd also seems like a viable choice. The only downside is no eq, so ghosts can wall you with subsd, unless you opt for stuff like payback so you're not actually walled by anything immune wise.

Morpeko @ life orb | hunger switch
jolly nature | 252 atk / 4 spd / 252 spe
aura wheel / wild charge / crunch / seed bomb or parting shot

Interesting pikachu clone despite the design. Aura wheel is a 110 base power move which gives you +1 speed every time you use it, and changes between being electric and dark mode dependant on its form; electric if regular morpeko, dark if hangry mode. So that's pretty damn busted! Could definitely envision this being nu or even ru, but ignoring its busted signature move, its stats are painfully bad apart from attack and speed, sitting at 95 and 97, which is good but nothing to necessarily write home about. Overall one of the most unique mons currently, and would be very enjoyable to play around with this in nu.

Grapploct @ assault vest | technician
adamant nature | 252 hp / 252 atk / 4 spe
close combat / brutal swing / drain punch / sucker punch

Grapploct @ leftovers | technician
careful nature | 252 hp / 252 spd / 4 spe
bulk up / circle throw / rest / brutal swing or sleep talk

Cool throh / crabominable esque mon here. Slow fighter with good stats elsewhere and decent enough coverage. Brutal swing technician is a nice boon to grapploct and rest set could be really annoying under correct circumstances. You can also change up the fighting moves in the av set, as technician pup could really aid it with sucker and just hitting harder generally.

Sandaconda @ leftovers | shed skin
careful nature | 252 hp / 248 spd / 8 spe
coil / earthquake / stone edge / rest

Sandaconda @ leftovers or sitrus berry | shed skin
jolly nature | 252 atk / 4 spd / 252 spe
coil / earthquake / stone edge / fire fang or belch or poison tail

Somewhat comparable to scrafty with the setup + rest shed skin combo. 1st set is probably the most reliable of the two, being able to setup on a lot, but at the same time being pure ground leaves it susceptible to the plentiful grass and waters that can exploit it's "ok" special defence even with investment. Latter set is a more offensive take but similar set in essence - belch + sitrus is kind of a gimmick to exploit pesky grass-types but moves like fire fang and poison tail that don't require a berry popping are probably safer. +1 Attack edge is still denting grass and waters with full investment plus fully accurate thanks to coil.

There's more mons you can make cases for potentially being nu or mons that are probably not good enough to shine in nu, but overall this gen looks very refreshing and interesting competitively, and it would be a delight to see more people pick up the tier in the forthcoming months.

Last edited:
do y'all think we're getting orbeetle
People are talking up its usability as a Fighting check in UU and RU but honestly though I think its typing has more drawbacks than advantages and nice bulk and speed aside its stats aren't looking too too impressive.

Orbeetle @ Leftovers
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Body Press
- U-turn
- Psyshock

I came up with this set as a tank of sorts. Notably good against Fighting- and Grass-types. Body Press combos well with its high defense stat and makes it so it isn't dead weight against Steels and Rocks.

What's also of note is that this thing gets Sticky Web as well, but aside from normal Rotom we didn't have many good spinblockers. (You could try to make Haunter and Silvally-Ghost work but I doubt they'll be too too effective) We still have Braviary to fend off Defoggers though.

Where Orbeetle ends up is up in the air for me, as it does have a lot of unique niches thanks to its typing and movepool, but whether UU or RU will appreciate them remains to be seen.

Fragmented

procrastinating...
is a Pokemon Researcher
I'll talk about existing pokemons that might get into NU since I have no idea what's been going on.

Everyone is looking at the Multi Attack BP boost, and yeah that's fine and all. SD sweeper sets are alot more threatening, although it loses Flame Charge the boost speed. However, while it also lost Defog and Toxic, this thing now gets Poison Fang, which is definitely worth mentioning since they cut the distribution for Toxic.

These guys get NP now. Noctowl is worth mentioning since it does have Tinted Lens Hurricanes and has decent bulk for set-up. You could run Double Dance with Agility as well to make up for it's middling speed or CM to bolster its already decent SpDef. Swoobat is there because dang if I don't mention NP + Stored Power now.

Losing Foresight sucks, but with the Rapid Spin buff and access to Technician Brutal Swing, Hitmontop no longer autoloses to Ghosts and can finally get out of the D ranks (in NU at least).

Rapid Spin buff. Also, if we do decide not to ban dynamax, Lee can trigger its own Unburden now.

Rapid Spin buff, and Nasty Plot. Special Attack is still weak and you're hard pressed for moveslots. Still bad imo but interesting to consider.

We may or may not get Steelix this gen, so as far as Ground types are concerned, it's Rhydon or this. It gets both Body Press and Stamina though, which sounds cool on paper.

Yeah this thing might be too good now and get swept up by the higher tiers. Leaf Storm + Earth Power really gives it alot of good selling points.

I'm being optimistic here, but I doubt we get the first two. Weather Ball is niche coverage, but you can get stuff like BoltBeam Jolteon or Rain Jolteon, Espeon with Fire coverage and Glaceon with both Fire and Water coverage; although it does require weather set up. On an additional note, Glaceon does get Freeze Dry now so it can literally hit everything for neutral in Sunny Day, which is cool I guess.

That's all the things I think is worth mentioning for now. Acrobatics Ninjask and Darkest Lariat + CC Panda is cool as well though.

Last edited:

Yeah this thing might be too good now and get swept up by the higher tiers. Leaf Storm + Earth Power really gives it alot of good selling points.
Something to also note regarding Abomasnow is its access to Snow Warning + Aurora Veil, previously exclusive to Alolan Ninetales. If Alolan Ninetales gets sent to UUBL again this gen I could see this thing or Vanilluxe taking its spot as an offensive supporter, though it might be too slow for that. Either way, probably not gonna be PU again at least.

Abomasnow. Snow Warning. Leftovers.
Aurora Veil. 1/2 damage.
Ingrain. Recovery.
Giga Drain. Recovery Paintroll.
Protect. Two turn recovery waltz.

Conservative. Naptime Set. Aurora Veil used first. Ingrain. Oh, damage? Heal. Protect. Heal. Protect. Heal... Zzzzzzzzzzz... AH. OH. Giga Drain. Protect.

It's the kind of set you need an artificial intelligence to run.

Threats? Taunts kill. Toxic kills. Fire kills. Poison kills. Bug Kills... HALF WAY.

That's who you did that to. I'm undercover and you're caught.

Fragmented

procrastinating...
is a Pokemon Researcher
Since I can't drop verses, I'll just drop some speculative thoughts (refer to second list for actual speculation). Basing this of the one done in the PU thread, so there might be some congruent points here and there.

:abomasnow: Abomasnow
:accelgor: Accelgor
:aromatisse: Aromatisse
:arctovish: Arctovish (until HA comes out)
:arctozolt: Arctozolt (until HA comes out)
:avalugg: Avalugg (BIG If)
:basculin: Basculin
:beartic: Beartic
:beheeyem: Beheeyem
:bellossom: Bellossom
:butterfree: Butterfree
:cherrim: Cherrim
:cinccino: Cinccino
:claydol: Claydol
:cofagrigus: Cofagrigus (runegrigus is better imo)
:cramorant: Cramorant
:crustle: Crustle
:cursola: Cursola (highly doubt it drops/stays)
:delibird: Delibird
:dhelmise: Dhelmise
:drampa: Drampa
:drapion: Drapion (no Pursuit)
:drednaw: Drednaw
:drifblim: Drifblim (unsure about this as well)
:dubwool: Dubwool
:dusknoir: Dusknoir
:eiscue: Eiscue (here me out, its gimmick is stupid hard to pull of if your opponent knows about it and uses special moves)
:eldegoss: Eldegoss (unlikely to stay, might get snagged by RU for being a Regen Spinner, however mono grass coverage makes it suck)
:falinks: Falinks (decent stats and usable gimmick, might not drop/stay)
:flareon: Flareon
:froslass: Froslass (might get snagged since Spikers are limited)
:gallade: Gallade (no Medicham to compete with)
:garbodor: Garbodor (might get snagged since T Spikers/Spikers are limited)
:gastrodon: Gastrodon
:gigalith: Gigalith (viva la scientist, probs not dropping)
:glaceon: Glaceon
:glalie: Glalie (moody banned)
:gothitelle: Gothitelle
:gourgeist: Gourgeist
:grapploct: Grapploct
:greedent: Greedent
:heatmor: Heatmor
:heliolisk: Heliolisk (weather ball makes it useful on Sun teams)
:hitmonchan: Hitmonchan
:hitmonlee: Hitmonlee
:hitmontop: Hitmontop
:jolteon: Jolteon (please)
:kingler: Kingler
:lanturn: Lanturn
:lapras: Lapras
:leafeon: Leafeon
:liepard: Liepard
:ludicolo: Ludicolo
:lunatone: Lunatone
:malamar: Malamar
:manectric: Manectric
:mantine: Mantine
:maractus: Maractus
:mawile: Mawile
:meowstic-m: Meowstic/Meowstic-F
:morpeko: Morpeko
:mr-mime: Mr. Mime (kanto)
:mr-rime: Mr. Rime
:mudsdale: Mudsdale
:musharna: Musharna
:ninetales: Ninetales (no drought)
:ninjask: Ninjask
:noctowl: Noctowl
:octillery: Octillery
:oranguru: Oranguru
:orbeetle: Orbeetle
:pangoro: Pangoro (might not stay, it got CC)
:passimian: Passimian (might not stay, still has Knock Off, and RU is still spamming it in gen 7)
:perrserker: Perserker
:persian: Persian
:pincurchin: Pincurchin
:pyukumuku: Pyukumuku (worse Quag)
:quagsire: Quagsire (stolen by UU stall teams)
:qwilfish: Qwilfish
:raichu: Raichu (waiting for the arrival of pancake)
:rapidash-galar: Galarian Rapidash (surprisingly not that great)
:rotom: Rotom
:rotom-frost: Rotom-Frost
:rotom-fan: Rotom-Fan
:sableye: Sableye
:sandaconda: Sandaconda
:sawk: Sawk
:scrafty: Scrafty (might rise since it doesn't have to rely on HJK hitting)
:seaking: Seaking
:shedinja: Shedinja
:shiftry: Shiftry
:shiinotic: Shiinotic
:shuckle: Shuckle
:silvally: Silvally-whatever
:skuntank: Skuntank
:slurpuff: Slurpuff (most likely quickbanned)
:solrock: Solrock
:steelix: Steelix (Body Press might send it up a tier, but doubt it)
:stonjourner: Stonjourner
:stunfisk-galar: Galarian Stunfisk (they took a bad mon and made it worse smh)
:sudowoodo: Sudowoodo
:swoobat: Swoobat (busted bat)
:thievul: Thievul (send this thing to LC where it can actually be used)
:throh: Throh
:togedemaru: Togedemaru
:torkoal: Torkoal (without Drought)
:tsareena: Tsareena
:toxicroak: Toxicroak
:trevenant: Trevenant
:turtonator: Turtonator
:unfezant: Unfezant
:vanilluxe: Vanilluxe (BIG IF for Ice Cream)
:vaporeon: Vaporeon
:vespiquen: Vespiquen
:vikavolt: Vikavolt (this thing got webs right)
:vileplume: Vileplume (still does Plume stuff, but more stupider)
:wailord: Wailord
:whimsicott: Whimsicott
:whiscash: Whiscash
:wishiwashi: Wishiwashi
:wobbuffet: Wobbuffet
:xatu: Xatu?

Usable NFEs
:haunter: Haunter (better ghost sweeper than Rotom)
:duosion: Duosion
:dusclops: Dusclops (< galar coral)
:gurdurr: Gurdurr (defog baby)
:linoone-galar: Galar Linoone
:type-null: Type:Null
:clefairy: Clefairy
:drizzile: Drizzile
:mr-mime-galar: Galar Abomination
:rhydon: Rhydon (joke here)
:piloswine: Piloswine
:roselia: Roselia
:palpitoad: Palpitoad?
:farfetchd-galar: Galar Farfetch'd (scrappy CCs of base 90 attack)
:pawniard: Pawniard
:bronzor: Bronzor
:ferroseed: Ferroseed

:accelgor: Accelgor
:aromatisse: Aromatisse
:arctovish: Arctovish (until HA comes out)
:arctozolt: Arctozolt (until HA comes out)
:butterfree: Butterfree
:cinccino: Cinccino
:claydol: Claydol
:cofagrigus: Cofagrigus
:cramorant: Cramorant
:cursola: Cursola
:dhelmise: Dhelmise
:drampa: Drampa
:drapion: Drapion
:drednaw: Drednaw
:drifblim: Drifblim
:eldegoss: Eldegoss
:froslass: Froslass
:gallade: Gallade
:garbodor: Garbodor
:gastrodon: Gastrodon
:gigalith: Gigalith (VIVA LA SCIENTIST)
:grapploct: Grapploct
:hitmonchan: Hitmonchan
:hitmonlee: Hitmonlee
:hitmontop: Hitmontop
:jolteon: Jolteon
:kingler: Kingler
:ludicolo: Ludicolo
:malamar: Malamar
:mantine: Mantine
:morpeko: Morpeko
:mr-rime: Mr. Rime
:mudsdale: Mudsdale
:musharna: Musharna
:orbeetle: Orbeetle
:pangoro: Pangoro
:perrserker: Perserker
:qwilfish: Qwilfish
:rapidash-galar: Galarian Rapidash
:rotom: Rotom
:rotom-frost: Rotom-Frost
:rotom-fan: Rotom-Fan
:sandaconda: Sandaconda
:sawk: Sawk
:scrafty: Scrafty
:silvally: Silvally
:skuntank: Skuntank
:steelix: Steelix
:stonjourner: Stonjourner
:swoobat: Swoobat (busted bat)
:togedemaru: Togedemaru
:tsareena: Tsareena
:toxicroak: Toxicroak
:turtonator: Turtonator
:unfezant: Unfezant
:vanilluxe: Vanilluxe
:vaporeon: Vaporeon
:vikavolt: Vikavolt
:vileplume: Vileplume
:whimsicott: Whimsicott
:xatu: Xatu
:haunter: Haunter
:gurdurr: Gurdurr
:linoone-galar: Galar Linoone
:type-null: Type:Null
:clefairy: Clefairy
:mr-mime-galar: Galar Mr Mime
:rhydon: Rhydon
:piloswine: Piloswine
:ferroseed: Ferroseed

This list is entirely speculative, feel free to agree/disagree or use it if you really think it's that good.

edit: changed dracovish to arctozolt. like i said, entirely speculative

Last edited:
Any ideas on how Raboot will fare once Libero is released? It doesn’t have the Court Change or Pyro Ball that’ll make Cinderace ridiculous but what it would have is Protean 2, Sucker Punch, and ever so slightly less speed than Frogadier in exchange for a little more bulk and a more powerful U-Turn.

Could be a while before that hidden ability comes out so who knows what kind of meta it’d be trying to fit into but what are the thoughts?

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Any ideas on how Raboot will fare once Libero is released? It doesn’t have the Court Change or Pyro Ball that’ll make Cinderace ridiculous but what it would have is Protean 2, Sucker Punch, and ever so slightly less speed than Frogadier in exchange for a little more bulk and a more powerful U-Turn.
I think it may be very similar to Frogadier last generation. While it has a little more bulk, it will be forced to run Heavy Duty Boots instead of an actual item. It is true that having 86 base attack suits its movepool pretty well, especially when compared to its pitiful base 55 special attack, but this is still not going to make it overwhelmingly strong enough to really make it a powerhouse in the metagame when it is so frail and it only has above average speed. Frogadier last generation was in a similar situation, boasting some utility and 83 base special attack to abuse its movepool and Protean, but ultimately having just above average speed and very poor bulk caused it to never really amount to much in the context of the metagame.

Unfortunately, it could be a couple of years before we even can see this in action, so we will have to just wait and see, but I cannot imagine it being too great.

Hello NU

I've compiled usage stats for all the public ru replays I could collect since its release this month (around 2000) to compute a first prediction of the NU banlist, there it is:

Banlist: Salazzle, Goodra, Sigilyph, Passimian, Gigalith, Steelix, Vaporeon, Torkoal, Galvantula, Roserade, Jellicent, Xatu, Boltund, Drifblim, Runerigus, Dhelmise, Pangoro, Vileplume, Ninetales, Mr. Mime-Galar, Eldegoss, Mr. Rime, Arctozolt, Barbaracle, Shiftry, Indeedee-F, Alcremie, Rillaboom, Snorlax, Mantine, Hitmontop, Cinccino, Whimsicott, Vanilluxe, Flapple, Mudsdale, Gastrodon, Accelgor, Rapidash-Galar, Gallade, Jolteon, Escavalier, Appletun, Rotom, Falinks, Rhydon

Code:
-------------------------------------
| Rank | Pokemon           | %Used  |
| ---- | ----------------- | ------ |
| 1    | Salazzle          | 17,93% |     
| 2    | Goodra            | 17,40% |     
| 3    | Sigilyph          | 16,21% |     
| 4    | Passimian         | 15,44% |     
| 5    | Gigalith          | 14,50% |     
| 6    | Steelix           | 13,30% |     
| 7    | Vaporeon          | 12,78% |     
| 8    | Torkoal           | 11,81% |     
| 9    | Galvantula        | 11,78% |     
| 10   | Roserade          | 11,54% |     
| 11   | Jellicent         | 10,95% |     
| 12   | Xatu              | 10,75% |     
| 13   | Boltund           | 10,34% |     
| 14   | Drifblim          | 10,31% |     
| 15   | Runerigus         | 10,26% |     
| 16   | Dhelmise          | 10,24% |     
| 17   | Pangoro           | 9,85%  |     
| 18   | Vileplume         | 9,83%  |     
| 19   | Ninetales         | 8,53%  |     
| 20   | Mr. Mime-Galar    | 8,51%  |
| 21   | Eldegoss          | 8,26%  |     
| 22   | Mr. Rime          | 7,71%  |
| 23   | Arctozolt         | 7,49%  |     
| 24   | Barbaracle        | 7,28%  |     
| 25   | Shiftry           | 7,20%  |     
| 26   | Indeedee-F        | 6,99%  |     
| 27   | Alcremie          | 6,51%  |     
| 28   | Rillaboom         | 6,49%  |     
| 29   | Snorlax           | 6,48%  |     
| 30   | Mantine           | 6,23%  |     
| 31   | Hitmontop         | 6,09%  |     
| 32   | Cinccino          | 5,95%  |     
| 33   | Whimsicott        | 5,83%  |     
| 34   | Vanilluxe         | 5,80%  |     
| 35   | Flapple           | 5,73%  |     
| 36   | Mudsdale          | 5,71%  |     
| 37   | Gastrodon         | 5,54%  |     
| 38   | Accelgor          | 5,43%  |     
| 39   | Rapidash-Galar    | 5,43%  |     
| 40   | Gallade           | 5,16%  |     
| 41   | Jolteon           | 5,16%  |     
| 42   | Escavalier        | 5,15%  |     
| 43   | Appletun          | 4,98%  |     
| 44   | Rotom             | 4,95%  |     
| 45   | Falinks           | 4,70%  |     
| 46   | Rhydon            | 4,68%  |     
 ----- above in RU, below is NU ----
| 47   | Perrserker        | 4,51%  |     
| 48   | Hitmonlee         | 4,31%  |     
| 49   | Aromatisse        | 4,26%  |     
| 50   | Shuckle           | 4,25%  |     
| 51   | Togedemaru        | 4,16%  |     
| 52   | Orbeetle          | 4,13%  |     
| 53   | Quagsire          | 4,11%  |     
| 54   | Drednaw           | 4,00%  |     
| 55   | Cursola           | 3,96%  |     
| 56   | Turtonator        | 3,95%  |     
| 57   | Bewear            | 3,93%  |     
| 58   | Slurpuff          | 3,88%  |     
| 59   | Gurdurr           | 3,79%  |     
| 60   | Sandaconda        | 3,45%  |     
| 61   | Flareon           | 3,44%  |     
| 62   | Crustle           | 3,44%  |     
| 63   | Piloswine         | 3,38%  |     
| 64   | Hitmonchan        | 3,33%  |     
| 65   | Silvally-Ghost    | 3,31%  |     
| 66   | Eiscue            | 3,25%  |     
| 67   | Arctovish         | 3,24%  |     
| 68   | Vikavolt          | 3,20%  |     
| 69   | Machamp           | 3,15%  |     
| 70   | Sableye           | 3,11%  |     
| 71   | Garbodor          | 3,04%  |     
| 72   | Leafeon           | 2,93%  |     
| 73   | Dubwool           | 2,90%  |     
| 74   | Silvally-*        | 2,84%  |     
| 75   | Butterfree        | 2,73%  |     
| 76   | Gourgeist         | 2,73%  |     
| 77   | Silvally-Steel    | 2,73%  |     
| 78   | Scrafty           | 2,61%  |     
| 79   | Qwilfish          | 2,58%  |     
| 80   | Froslass          | 2,49%  |     
| 81   | Ninjask           | 2,46%  |     
| 82   | Silvally-Fairy    | 2,36%  |     
| 83   | Malamar           | 2,35%  |     
| 84   | Stunfisk-Galar    | 2,30%  |     
| 85   | Unfezant          | 2,26%  |     
| 86   | Drampa            | 2,25%  |     
| 87   | Pincurchin        | 2,13%  |     
| 88   | Thievul           | 2,11%  |     
| 89   | Trapinch          | 2,11%  |     
| 90   | Rotom-Fan         | 2,08%  |     
| 91   | Skuntank          | 2,03%  |     
| 92   | Kingler           | 1,99%  |     
| 93   | Carkol            | 1,85%  |     
| 94   | Cofagrigus        | 1,78%  |     
| 95   | Stonjourner       | 1,70%  |     
| 96   | Klinklang         | 1,60%  |     
| 97   | Ludicolo          | 1,56%  |     
| 98   | Palpitoad         | 1,45%  |     
| 99   | Maractus          | 1,43%  |     
| 100  | Abomasnow         | 1,43%  |     
| 101  | Golurk            | 1,35%  |     
| 102  | Dusclops          | 1,33%  |     
| 103  | Grapploct         | 1,29%  |     
| 104  | Vullaby           | 1,15%  |     
| 105  | Cherrim           | 1,15%  |     
| 106  | Basculin          | 1,14%  |     
| 107  | Beartic           | 1,13%  |     
| 108  | Rotom-Frost       | 1,11%  |     
| 109  | Duosion           | 1,11%  |     
| 110  | Octillery         | 1,04%  |     
| 111  | Pyukumuku         | 0,99%  |     
| 112  | Toxicroak         | 0,96%  |     
| 113  | Glaceon           | 0,90%  |     
| 114  | Raichu            | 0,88%  |     
| 115  | Lunatone          | 0,79%  |     
| 116  | Lanturn           | 0,78%  |     
| 117  | Manectric         | 0,76%  |     
| 118  | Bellossom         | 0,75%  |     
| 119  | Noctowl           | 0,73%  |     
| 120  | Dusknoir          | 0,70%  |     
| 121  | Mawile            | 0,68%  |     
| 122  | Shiinotic         | 0,68%  |     
| 123  | Beheeyem          | 0,65%  |     
| 124  | Trevenant         | 0,63%  |     
| 125  | Greedent          | 0,63%  |     
| 126  | Haunter           | 0,61%  |     
| 127  | Clefairy          | 0,60%  |     
| 128  | Drakloak          | 0,59%  |     
| 129  | Silvally-Water    | 0,55%  |     
| 130  | Gothitelle        | 0,55%  |     
| 131  | Ferroseed         | 0,54%  |     
| 132  | Throh             | 0,51%  |     
| 133  | Lapras            | 0,51%  |     
| 134  | Charmeleon        | 0,51%  |     
| 135  | Silvally-Dark     | 0,50%  |     
| 136  | Musharna          | 0,49%  |     
| 137  | Solrock           | 0,46%  |     
| 138  | Sneasel           | 0,46%  |     
| 139  | Wishiwashi        | 0,43%  |     
| 140  | Heatmor           | 0,43%  |     
| 141  | Hakamo-o          | 0,41%  |     
| 142  | Silvally-Electric | 0,41%  |     
| 143  | Sawk              | 0,40%  |     
| 144  | Liepard           | 0,38%  |     
| 145  | Silvally-Ground   | 0,36%  |     
| 146  | Whiscash          | 0,34%  |     
| 147  | Silvally-Flying   | 0,34%  |     
| 148  | Silvally-Rock     | 0,34%  |     
--------------------------------------

Things should change a bit by the end of the month and when applying weighting for high ladder stats but that's still something to start speculation with.

Pokemon I think will be interesting based on those usage stats above:
| 55 | Cursola | 3,96% |:
I've been using a set consisting of Calm Mind, Strength Sap, Shadow Ball, and Scald as a filler move and additional buffer against physical attackers in RU and it's been working out quite well. It's pretty bulky on the special side and hits like a truck even uninvested. It kind of reminds me of Vikavolt from last gen in a sense.

| 94 | Cofagrigus | 1,78% |
The loss of Hidden Power makes the Trick Room set it was infamous for last gen much more bearable, but it can still be a pain in the neck to teams that lack Normal-types or Dark-types.

No joke I could see one of the Silvallys becoming NUBL because the Multi-Attack buff is just that good for it. SD sets for certain forms like Ghost and Fairy have little switch-ins and are decently bulky to boot. Of course I could see forms like Bug staying here and doing just fine though. Not that Bugvally will be any good but still.

I sure fucking hope Bewear doesn't stay here during Alpha because that's gonna be one of the broken things NU has ever seen I swear to god.

Vulpix Sun will be annoying to deal with while it's still around with Leafeon.

Fragmented

procrastinating...
is a Pokemon Researcher
Thanks for the stats Nailec
Also,
| 31 | Hitmontop | 6,09% |
| 41 | Jolteon | 5,16% |
Never change RU, you keep doing you.

| 94 | Cofagrigus | 1,78% |
The loss of Hidden Power makes the Trick Room set it was infamous for last gen much more bearable, but it can still be a pain in the neck to teams that lack Normal-types or Dark-types.
It does get Body Press and Iron Defense instead however, which makes it infinitely more annoying to take down. Double Dance with Shadow Ball and Body Press, or just mono attacking sets are definitely scary when the best thing we have to take it is, uh, Dubwool?

Other points of interest,
| 68 | Vikavolt | 3,20% |
NU finally gets a viable Sticky Web user, although there is some 4MSS trying to fit it in there.

| 54 | Drednaw | 4,00% |
Criminally underused, this thing is a nuisance to switch into. It's no Tyrantrum or Aggron, but try switching into a Head Smash from this monster. Also, under rain this thing is almost impossible to switch into, bar like Quagsire or Palpitoad (why is Gastro at 5.24% usage).

| 100 | Abomasnow | 1,43% |
Excited for this. It gets the broken move Aurora Veil, as well as a harder hitting Grass STAB in Leaf Storm and nice coverage in Earth Power.

| 112 | Toxicroak | 0,96% |
Not sure why this has such low usage, I guess is mainly new toy syndrome of CC Pangoro and Bewear. This thing still needs to get an SD up, but its speed tier is so much better now with Dexit taking away stuff like Comfey and Delphox, while Xatu and Sigilyph get whisked away by RU.

| 59 | Gurdurr | 3,79% |
Defogger lol.

A new gen is always exciting and I'm looking forward to what NU Alpha might bring.

etern

is a Community Leaderis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a defending SCL Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
NU Leader
Hi everyone! We're only 2 weeks away from NU Alpha now, so to get things started we've been given the usage stats from the RU ladder for the first 16 days of the month. Hopefully you'll all have fun speculating and building teams with this snapshot of what our tier will potentially look like in February, enjoy!

+ ---- + ------------------ + --------- + ------ + ------- + ------ + ------- +
| Rank | Pokemon | Usage % | Raw | % | Real | % |
| 1 | Sigilyph | 23.77597% | 26462 | 13.565% | 20929 | 13.421% |
| 2 | Gigalith | 23.02834% | 23460 | 12.026% | 20922 | 13.417% |
| 3 | Salazzle | 18.51077% | 33462 | 17.153% | 26394 | 16.926% |
| 4 | Goodra | 18.27041% | 34457 | 17.663% | 27527 | 17.653% |
| 5 | Passimian | 17.93931% | 24980 | 12.805% | 19887 | 12.753% |
| 6 | Roserade | 14.16931% | 21712 | 11.130% | 17516 | 11.233% |
| 7 | Vaporeon | 13.88316% | 19990 | 10.247% | 15804 | 10.135% |
| 8 | Steelix | 13.52973% | 22260 | 11.411% | 19023 | 12.199% |
| 9 | Pangoro | 12.77737% | 15658 | 8.027% | 12526 | 8.033% |
| 10 | Dhelmise | 12.60239% | 21768 | 11.159% | 18020 | 11.556% |
| 11 | Galvantula | 12.33578% | 26241 | 13.452% | 23209 | 14.884% |
| 12 | Vileplume | 12.19567% | 15184 | 7.784% | 12551 | 8.049% |
| 13 | Xatu | 10.89484% | 20871 | 10.699% | 16810 | 10.780% |
| 14 | Torkoal | 10.13934% | 19943 | 10.223% | 18346 | 11.765% |
| 15 | Rillaboom | 9.58465% | 14642 | 7.506% | 11733 | 7.524% |
| 16 | Barbaracle | 9.15102% | 15934 | 8.168% | 11063 | 7.095% |
| 17 | Mr. Rime | 9.11411% | 18060 | 9.258% | 13609 | 8.727% |
| 18 | Boltund | 8.48489% | 23139 | 11.861% | 17392 | 11.153% |
| 19 | Jellicent | 8.16386% | 19917 | 10.210% | 15903 | 10.198% |
| 20 | Runerigus | 7.91213% | 18909 | 9.693% | 16813 | 10.782% |
| 21 | Silvally-Ghost | 7.57438% | 8384 | 4.298% | 6617 | 4.243% |
| 22 | Shiftry | 7.54715% | 13450 | 6.895% | 10075 | 6.461% |
| 23 | Ninetales | 7.46434% | 14004 | 7.179% | 11593 | 7.434% |
| 24 | Mudsdale | 7.35337% | 12472 | 6.393% | 10658 | 6.835% |
| 25 | Drifblim | 7.23127% | 10237 | 5.248% | 8300 | 5.323% |
| 26 | Snorlax | 7.17423% | 10239 | 5.249% | 8301 | 5.323% |
| 27 | Rotom | 7.02281% | 8187 | 4.197% | 6758 | 4.334% |
| 28 | Indeedee-F | 6.46438% | 12269 | 6.289% | 9567 | 6.135% |
| 29 | Escavalier | 6.42799% | 13060 | 6.695% | 10634 | 6.819% |
| 30 | Machamp | 6.30182% | 10258 | 5.258% | 8404 | 5.389% |
| 31 | Alcremie | 5.96564% | 12831 | 6.577% | 9665 | 6.198% |
| 32 | Gallade | 5.75731% | 11718 | 6.007% | 8869 | 5.688% |
| 33 | Turtonator | 5.65106% | 9760 | 5.003% | 7953 | 5.100% |
| 34 | Bewear | 5.62049% | 9170 | 4.701% | 7072 | 4.535% |
| 35 | Whimsicott | 5.57852% | 9646 | 4.945% | 7862 | 5.042% |
| 36 | Gastrodon | 5.46711% | 10880 | 5.577% | 8734 | 5.601% |
| 37 | Silvally-Steel | 5.42686% | 6222 | 3.189% | 5156 | 3.306% |
| 38 | Eldegoss | 5.38637% | 13468 | 6.904% | 10673 | 6.844% |
| 39 | Flapple | 5.35135% | 13549 | 6.945% | 9734 | 6.242% |
| 40 | Quagsire | 5.28534% | 10752 | 5.512% | 8579 | 5.502% |
| 41 | Vanilluxe | 5.18099% | 10184 | 5.220% | 8729 | 5.598% |
| 42 | Hitmonlee | 4.97984% | 12604 | 6.461% | 9286 | 5.955% |
| 43 | Aromatisse | 4.90336% | 9075 | 4.652% | 7148 | 4.584% |
| 44 | Froslass | 4.82637% | 8168 | 4.187% | 7272 | 4.663% |
| 45 | Cursola | 4.74544% | 11567 | 5.929% | 9380 | 6.015% |
| 46 | Mr. Mime-Galar | 4.58559% | 10374 | 5.318% | 7617 | 4.885% |
(Everything below Mr. Mime-Galar would be NU)

| 47 | Cinccino | 4.50703% | 15607 | 8.000% | 12365 | 7.929% |
| 48 | Mantine | 4.45736% | 8968 | 4.597% | 7333 | 4.703% |
| 49 | Rapidash-Galar | 4.40070% | 9935 | 5.093% | 6960 | 4.463% |
| 50 | Accelgor | 4.31199% | 11594 | 5.943% | 9357 | 6.000% |
| 51 | Gurdurr | 4.22762% | 5262 | 2.697% | 4204 | 2.696% |
| 52 | Garbodor | 4.21302% | 5756 | 2.951% | 5011 | 3.213% |
| 53 | Sableye | 4.20204% | 7379 | 3.783% | 6279 | 4.027% |
| 54 | Unfezant | 4.14029% | 6537 | 3.351% | 5296 | 3.396% |
| 55 | Sandaconda | 4.11154% | 9169 | 4.700% | 7737 | 4.962% |
| 56 | Vikavolt | 3.96379% | 7762 | 3.979% | 6479 | 4.155% |
| 57 | Falinks | 3.88546% | 12089 | 6.197% | 8310 | 5.329% |
| 58 | Hitmontop | 3.82225% | 11982 | 6.142% | 9662 | 6.196% |
| 59 | Piloswine | 3.81246% | 4338 | 2.224% | 3816 | 2.447% |
| 60 | Jolteon | 3.72047% | 9861 | 5.055% | 7655 | 4.909% |
| 61 | Silvally-Fairy | 3.70491% | 5693 | 2.918% | 4442 | 2.849% |
| 62 | Rhydon | 3.68944% | 5626 | 2.884% | 4721 | 3.027% |
| 63 | Perrserker | 3.67802% | 10382 | 5.322% | 8474 | 5.434% |
| 64 | Togedemaru | 3.46915% | 5322 | 2.728% | 4481 | 2.874% |
| 65 | Rotom-Fan | 3.35612% | 5901 | 3.025% | 4947 | 3.172% |
| 66 | Vullaby | 3.13998% | 3262 | 1.672% | 2744 | 1.760% |
| 67 | Shuckle | 3.07417% | 8939 | 4.582% | 8277 | 5.308% |
| 68 | Orbeetle | 3.03300% | 10561 | 5.414% | 8574 | 5.498% |
| 69 | Toxicroak | 2.98141% | 4999 | 2.563% | 3766 | 2.415% |
| 70 | Appletun | 2.82423% | 12427 | 6.370% | 9357 | 6.000% |
| 71 | Arctozolt | 2.79907% | 9716 | 4.981% | 7224 | 4.633% |
| 72 | Slurpuff | 2.61379% | 5855 | 3.001% | 4597 | 2.948% |
| 73 | Butterfree | 2.57034% | 6276 | 3.217% | 4716 | 3.024% |
| 74 | Leafeon | 2.54222% | 5558 | 2.849% | 4140 | 2.655% |
| 75 | Crustle | 2.45954% | 4753 | 2.436% | 4009 | 2.571% |
| 76 | Cofagrigus | 2.37168% | 6252 | 3.205% | 5174 | 3.318% |
| 77 | Scrafty | 2.36700% | 5729 | 2.937% | 4398 | 2.820% |
| 78 | Trapinch | 2.36137% | 4394 | 2.252% | 3331 | 2.136% |
| 79 | Drednaw | 2.30869% | 7657 | 3.925% | 5827 | 3.737% |
| 80 | Arctovish | 2.22311% | 8555 | 4.385% | 6529 | 4.187% |
| 81 | Kingler | 2.21315% | 6172 | 3.164% | 4547 | 2.916% |
| 82 | Hitmonchan | 2.15571% | 5640 | 2.891% | 4413 | 2.830% |
| 83 | Golurk | 2.13027% | 3236 | 1.659% | 2726 | 1.748% |
| 84 | Qwilfish | 2.02763% | 4636 | 2.376% | 3995 | 2.562% |
| 85 | Eiscue | 1.86158% | 7771 | 3.984% | 5620 | 3.604% |
| 86 | Drampa | 1.85129% | 6440 | 3.301% | 4916 | 3.153% |
| 87 | Flareon | 1.82149% | 4745 | 2.432% | 3688 | 2.365% |
| 88 | Carkol | 1.66660% | 4144 | 2.124% | 3715 | 2.382% |
| 89 | Thievul | 1.61233% | 4023 | 2.062% | 3003 | 1.926% |
| 90 | Malamar | 1.51167% | 5518 | 2.829% | 4325 | 2.774% |
| 91 | Pincurchin | 1.50211% | 4615 | 2.366% | 4008 | 2.570% |
| 92 | Silvally-Dark | 1.45636% | 2100 | 1.076% | 1624 | 1.041% |
| 93 | Dubwool | 1.45433% | 6235 | 3.196% | 4567 | 2.929% |
| 94 | Ferroseed | 1.39831% | 2174 | 1.114% | 1885 | 1.209% |
| 95 | Gourgeist-Small | 1.39525% | 1632 | 0.837% | 1315 | 0.843% |
| 96 | Klinklang | 1.37867% | 4406 | 2.259% | 3349 | 2.148% |
| 97 | Stonjourner | 1.36586% | 2964 | 1.519% | 2345 | 1.504% |
| 98 | Rotom-Frost | 1.34563% | 3671 | 1.882% | 2966 | 1.902% |
| 99 | Haunter | 1.32250% | 2730 | 1.399% | 2171 | 1.392% |
| 100 | Ninjask | 1.16844% | 3228 | 1.655% | 2520 | 1.616% |
| 101 | Manectric | 1.13105% | 2684 | 1.376% | 2137 | 1.370% |
| 102 | Abomasnow | 1.08955% | 4044 | 2.073% | 3425 | 2.196% |
| 103 | Pyukumuku | 1.06847% | 2880 | 1.476% | 2192 | 1.406% |
| 104 | Basculin | 1.02460% | 3428 | 1.757% | 2520 | 1.616% |
| 105 | Stunfisk-Galar | 1.02275% | 2412 | 1.236% | 2058 | 1.320% |
| 106 | Grapploct | 0.98794% | 3853 | 1.975% | 2977 | 1.909% |
| 107 | Lanturn | 0.95277% | 2349 | 1.204% | 1958 | 1.256% |
| 108 | Ludicolo | 0.84523% | 2367 | 1.213% | 1767 | 1.133% |
| 109 | Dusclops | 0.78628% | 2791 | 1.431% | 2353 | 1.509% |
| 110 | Gourgeist-Super | 0.75495% | 1740 | 0.892% | 1407 | 0.902% |
| 111 | Skuntank | 0.75173% | 2010 | 1.030% | 1624 | 1.041% |
| 112 | Musharna | 0.75097% | 1678 | 0.860% | 1317 | 0.845% |
| 113 | Silvally-Ground | 0.74949% | 1032 | 0.529% | 825 | 0.529% |
| 114 | Noctowl | 0.69676% | 1749 | 0.897% | 1438 | 0.922% |
| 115 | Mawile | 0.65132% | 2317 | 1.188% | 1929 | 1.237% |
| 116 | Sawk | 0.63176% | 1631 | 0.836% | 1206 | 0.773% |
| 117 | Type: Null | 0.60482% | 995 | 0.510% | 815 | 0.523% |
| 118 | Bellossom | 0.58140% | 2173 | 1.114% | 1569 | 1.006% |
| 119 | Sneasel | 0.56636% | 865 | 0.443% | 650 | 0.417% |
| 120 | Shedinja | 0.55622% | 1411 | 0.723% | 1018 | 0.653% |
| 121 | Beartic | 0.54149% | 2846 | 1.459% | 2067 | 1.326% |
| 122 | Maractus | 0.52185% | 1382 | 0.708% | 1027 | 0.659% |
| 123 | Glaceon | 0.51868% | 1911 | 0.980% | 1468 | 0.941% |
| 124 | Silvally-Dragon | 0.51712% | 732 | 0.375% | 557 | 0.357% |
| 125 | Greedent | 0.50426% | 2412 | 1.236% | 1782 | 1.143% |
| 126 | Duosion | 0.49904% | 721 | 0.370% | 553 | 0.355% |
| 127 | Lapras | 0.43277% | 2176 | 1.115% | 1664 | 1.067% |
| 128 | Trevenant | 0.42484% | 1749 | 0.897% | 1357 | 0.870% |
| 129 | Drilbur | 0.40897% | 564 | 0.289% | 470 | 0.301% |
| 130 | Palpitoad | 0.39492% | 457 | 0.234% | 410 | 0.263% |
| 131 | Lunatone | 0.37260% | 1284 | 0.658% | 1013 | 0.650% |
| 132 | Clefairy | 0.36848% | 701 | 0.359% | 592 | 0.380% |
| 133 | Shiinotic | 0.35774% | 1456 | 0.746% | 1119 | 0.718% |
| 134 | Dusknoir | 0.35083% | 2795 | 1.433% | 2305 | 1.478% |
| 135 | Wishiwashi | 0.34975% | 945 | 0.484% | 749 | 0.480% |
| 136 | Silvally-Fire | 0.33861% | 1350 | 0.692% | 1103 | 0.707% |
| 137 | Drakloak | 0.33114% | 921 | 0.472% | 710 | 0.455% |
| 138 | Silvally-Water | 0.32302% | 868 | 0.445% | 687 | 0.441% |
| 139 | Raichu | 0.32033% | 1413 | 0.724% | 1027 | 0.659% |
| 140 | Silvally | 0.30564% | 859 | 0.440% | 653 | 0.419% |
| 141 | Diglett | 0.28097% | 547 | 0.280% | 430 | 0.276% |
| 142 | Liepard | 0.27478% | 1331 | 0.682% | 1015 | 0.651% |
| 143 | Solrock | 0.27206% | 890 | 0.456% | 749 | 0.480% |
| 144 | Swirlix | 0.22824% | 139 | 0.071% | 129 | 0.083% |
| 145 | Mareanie | 0.22287% | 307 | 0.157% | 269 | 0.173% |
| 146 | Silvally-Electric | 0.21929% | 294 | 0.151% | 223 | 0.143% |
| 147 | Vespiquen | 0.21860% | 621 | 0.318% | 511 | 0.328% |
| 148 | Mr. Mime | 0.20599% | 921 | 0.472% | 687 | 0.441% |
| 149 | Togetic | 0.20321% | 625 | 0.320% | 489 | 0.314% |
| 150 | Silvally-Fighting | 0.19559% | 323 | 0.166% | 241 | 0.155% |
| 151 | Beheeyem | 0.19280% | 1167 | 0.598% | 879 | 0.564% |
| 152 | Gothitelle | 0.17292% | 1115 | 0.572% | 848 | 0.544% |
| 153 | Silvally-Flying | 0.16909% | 660 | 0.338% | 510 | 0.327% |
| 154 | Sudowoodo | 0.15980% | 565 | 0.290% | 474 | 0.304% |
| 155 | Linoone-Galar | 0.15980% | 637 | 0.327% | 544 | 0.349% |
| 156 | Gourgeist | 0.14350% | 234 | 0.120% | 186 | 0.119% |
| 157 | Morgrem | 0.13667% | 612 | 0.314% | 528 | 0.339% |
| 158 | Fraxure | 0.13300% | 359 | 0.184% | 253 | 0.162% |
| 159 | Heatmor | 0.12960% | 1230 | 0.631% | 980 | 0.628% |
| 160 | Whiscash | 0.12825% | 805 | 0.413% | 610 | 0.391% |
| 161 | Zweilous | 0.12639% | 144 | 0.074% | 111 | 0.071% |
| 162 | Cherrim | 0.11016% | 878 | 0.450% | 620 | 0.398% |
| 163 | Meowstic | 0.10850% | 586 | 0.300% | 433 | 0.278% |
| 164 | Pikachu | 0.10331% | 586 | 0.300% | 432 | 0.277% |
| 165 | Silvally-Poison | 0.10008% | 436 | 0.224% | 346 | 0.222% |
| 166 | Silvally-Rock | 0.09917% | 176 | 0.090% | 137 | 0.088% |
| 167 | Hakamo-o | 0.09871% | 233 | 0.119% | 177 | 0.114% |
| 168 | Persian | 0.08400% | 758 | 0.389% | 616 | 0.395% |
| 169 | Wailord | 0.07964% | 591 | 0.303% | 421 | 0.270% |
| 170 | Oranguru | 0.07652% | 318 | 0.163% | 269 | 0.173% |
| 171 | Roselia | 0.07367% | 198 | 0.101% | 169 | 0.108% |
| 172 | Swoobat | 0.06790% | 485 | 0.249% | 388 | 0.249% |
| 173 | Octillery | 0.05828% | 526 | 0.270% | 404 | 0.259% |
| 174 | Hattrem | 0.05728% | 423 | 0.217% | 335 | 0.215% |
| 175 | Silvally-Grass | 0.05160% | 176 | 0.090% | 136 | 0.087% |
| 176 | Throh | 0.05135% | 673 | 0.345% | 489 | 0.314% |
| 177 | Corvisquire | 0.04831% | 215 | 0.110% | 168 | 0.108% |
| 178 | Pawniard | 0.04537% | 154 | 0.079% | 119 | 0.076% |
| 179 | Onix | 0.04209% | 240 | 0.123% | 204 | 0.131% |
| 180 | Delibird | 0.04185% | 596 | 0.306% | 453 | 0.291% |
| 181 | Raboot | 0.04053% | 198 | 0.101% | 155 | 0.099% |
| 182 | Gourgeist-Large | 0.03968% | 185 | 0.095% | 165 | 0.106% |
| 183 | Sinistea | 0.03783% | 95 | 0.049% | 69 | 0.044% |
| 184 | Glalie | 0.02710% | 291 | 0.149% | 244 | 0.156% |
| 185 | Wobbuffet | 0.02405% | 163 | 0.084% | 132 | 0.085% |
| 186 | Seaking | 0.02378% | 211 | 0.108% | 167 | 0.107% |
| 187 | Silvally-Ice | 0.02062% | 137 | 0.070% | 85 | 0.055% |
| 188 | Charmeleon | 0.01896% | 240 | 0.123% | 182 | 0.117% |
| 189 | Dottler | 0.01859% | 317 | 0.162% | 236 | 0.151% |
| 190 | Bronzor | 0.01642% | 110 | 0.056% | 95 | 0.061% |
| 191 | Farfetch'd-Galar | 0.01506% | 157 | 0.080% | 110 | 0.071% |
| 192 | Silvally-Psychic | 0.01497% | 104 | 0.053% | 91 | 0.058% |
| 193 | Riolu | 0.01260% | 91 | 0.047% | 48 | 0.031% |
| 194 | Shelmet | 0.01195% | 40 | 0.021% | 37 | 0.024% |
| 195 | Machoke | 0.01089% | 98 | 0.050% | 73 | 0.047% |
| 196 | Bergmite | 0.01057% | 16 | 0.008% | 15 | 0.010% |
| 197 | Gloom | 0.01006% | 114 | 0.058% | 97 | 0.062% |
| 198 | Cutiefly | 0.00900% | 28 | 0.014% | 26 | 0.017% |
| 199 | Klang | 0.00830% | 100 | 0.051% | 83 | 0.053% |
| 200 | Hippopotas | 0.00770% | 30 | 0.015% | 25 | 0.016% |
| 201 | Thwackey | 0.00655% | 63 | 0.032% | 54 | 0.035% |
| 202 | Boldore | 0.00620% | 52 | 0.027% | 36 | 0.023% |
| 203 | Silvally-Bug | 0.00538% | 92 | 0.047% | 70 | 0.045% |
| 204 | Pupitar | 0.00527% | 44 | 0.023% | 34 | 0.022% |
| 205 | Charjabug | 0.00476% | 81 | 0.042% | 76 | 0.049% |
| 206 | Darumaka-Galar | 0.00461% | 36 | 0.018% | 20 | 0.013% |
| 207 | Honedge | 0.00335% | 39 | 0.020% | 31 | 0.020% |
| 208 | Koffing | 0.00333% | 148 | 0.076% | 110 | 0.071% |
| 209 | Yamask-Galar | 0.00319% | 28 | 0.014% | 21 | 0.013% |
| 210 | Munchlax | 0.00278% | 42 | 0.022% | 36 | 0.023% |
| 211 | Lampent | 0.00228% | 112 | 0.057% | 88 | 0.056% |
| 212 | Vibrava | 0.00221% | 50 | 0.026% | 38 | 0.024% |
| 213 | Baltoy | 0.00198% | 71 | 0.036% | 61 | 0.039% |
| 214 | Spritzee | 0.00167% | 18 | 0.009% | 14 | 0.009% |
| 215 | Bunnelby | 0.00164% | 17 | 0.009% | 15 | 0.010% |
| 216 | Snom | 0.00158% | 50 | 0.026% | 39 | 0.025% |
| 217 | Gossifleur | 0.00155% | 11 | 0.006% | 10 | 0.006% |
| 218 | Eevee | 0.00146% | 41 | 0.021% | 36 | 0.023% |
| 219 | Natu | 0.00142% | 6 | 0.003% | 6 | 0.004% |
| 220 | Gothorita | 0.00124% | 16 | 0.008% | 14 | 0.009% |
| 221 | Rufflet | 0.00117% | 22 | 0.011% | 18 | 0.012% |
| 222 | Tranquill | 0.00110% | 6 | 0.003% | 6 | 0.004% |
| 223 | Cufant | 0.00097% | 39 | 0.020% | 19 | 0.012% |
| 224 | Dwebble | 0.00097% | 15 | 0.008% | 15 | 0.010% |
| 225 | Dewpider | 0.00094% | 26 | 0.013% | 22 | 0.014% |
| 226 | Ponyta-Galar | 0.00086% | 30 | 0.015% | 18 | 0.012% |
| 227 | Solosis | 0.00070% | 13 | 0.007% | 11 | 0.007% |
| 228 | Gastly | 0.00059% | 8 | 0.004% | 7 | 0.004% |
| 229 | Growlithe | 0.00058% | 15 | 0.008% | 14 | 0.009% |
| 230 | Duskull | 0.00058% | 3 | 0.002% | 3 | 0.002% |
| 231 | Cottonee | 0.00043% | 62 | 0.032% | 41 | 0.026% |
| 232 | Corphish | 0.00042% | 17 | 0.009% | 14 | 0.009% |
| 233 | Salandit | 0.00038% | 13 | 0.007% | 10 | 0.006% |
| 234 | Krabby | 0.00033% | 28 | 0.014% | 22 | 0.014% |
| 235 | Sliggoo | 0.00032% | 33 | 0.017% | 24 | 0.015% |
| 236 | Applin | 0.00023% | 4 | 0.002% | 4 | 0.003% |
| 237 | Meowth | 0.00023% | 8 | 0.004% | 8 | 0.005% |
| 238 | Espurr | 0.00023% | 4 | 0.002% | 4 | 0.003% |
| 239 | Impidimp | 0.00022% | 33 | 0.017% | 23 | 0.015% |
| 240 | Mudbray | 0.00020% | 18 | 0.009% | 15 | 0.010% |
| 241 | Drapion | 0.00016% | 3 | 0.002% | 3 | 0.002% |
| 242 | Lombre | 0.00015% | 6 | 0.003% | 6 | 0.004% |
| 243 | Shellder | 0.00011% | 18 | 0.009% | 14 | 0.009% |
| 244 | Drizzile | 0.00010% | 69 | 0.035% | 45 | 0.029% |
| 245 | Arrokuda | 0.00009% | 10 | 0.005% | 9 | 0.006% |
| 246 | Scraggy | 0.00008% | 7 | 0.004% | 6 | 0.004% |
| 247 | Skorupi | 0.00006% | 15 | 0.008% | 12 | 0.008% |
| 248 | Litwick | 0.00005% | 18 | 0.009% | 17 | 0.011% |
| 249 | Chewtle | 0.00005% | 18 | 0.009% | 12 | 0.008% |
| 250 | Pumpkaboo-Super | 0.00004% | 10 | 0.005% | 9 | 0.006% |
| 251 | Rolycoly | 0.00003% | 6 | 0.003% | 3 | 0.002% |
| 252 | Minccino | 0.00003% | 12 | 0.006% | 8 | 0.005% |
| 253 | Inkay | 0.00002% | 1 | 0.001% | 1 | 0.001% |
| 254 | Noibat | 0.00002% | 1 | 0.001% | 1 | 0.001% |
| 255 | Bonsly | 0.00002% | 15 | 0.008% | 14 | 0.009% |
| 256 | Remoraid | 0.00002% | 10 | 0.005% | 9 | 0.006% |
| 257 | Metapod | 0.00002% | 11 | 0.006% | 11 | 0.007% |
| 258 | Toxel | 0.00001% | 11 | 0.006% | 6 | 0.004% |
| 259 | Tyrogue | 0.00001% | 15 | 0.008% | 12 | 0.008% |
| 260 | Scorbunny | 0.00001% | 18 | 0.009% | 17 | 0.011% |
| 261 | Snover | 0.00001% | 16 | 0.008% | 13 | 0.008% |
| 262 | Sobble | 0.00001% | 5 | 0.003% | 4 | 0.003% |
| 263 | Sizzlipede | 0.00001% | 6 | 0.003% | 6 | 0.004% |
| 264 | Meowth-Galar | 0.00001% | 3 | 0.002% | 2 | 0.001% |
| 265 | Mantyke | 0.00000% | 10 | 0.005% | 8 | 0.005% |
| 266 | Elgyem | 0.00000% | 10 | 0.005% | 6 | 0.004% |
| 267 | Vanillish | 0.00000% | 5 | 0.003% | 4 | 0.003% |
| 268 | Frillish | 0.00000% | 6 | 0.003% | 5 | 0.003% |
| 269 | Magikarp | 0.00000% | 5 | 0.003% | 4 | 0.003% |
| 270 | Trubbish | 0.00000% | 5 | 0.003% | 5 | 0.003% |
| 271 | Helioptile | 0.00000% | 9 | 0.005% | 9 | 0.006% |
| 272 | Drifloon | 0.00000% | 10 | 0.005% | 7 | 0.004% |
| 273 | Wooloo | 0.00000% | 16 | 0.008% | 15 | 0.010% |
| 274 | Grubbin | 0.00000% | 4 | 0.002% | 4 | 0.003% |
| 275 | Munna | 0.00000% | 1 | 0.001% | 1 | 0.001% |
| 276 | Purrloin | 0.00000% | 2 | 0.001% | 1 | 0.001% |
| 277 | Tympole | 0.00000% | 4 | 0.002% | 3 | 0.002% |
| 278 | Feebas | 0.00000% | 1 | 0.001% | 1 | 0.001% |
| 279 | Shellos | 0.00000% | 2 | 0.001% | 2 | 0.001% |
| 280 | Cherubi | 0.00000% | 3 | 0.002% | 3 | 0.002% |
| 281 | Kirlia | 0.00000% | 3 | 0.002% | 2 | 0.001% |
| 282 | Bounsweet | 0.00000% | 1 | 0.001% | 1 | 0.001% |
| 283 | Ralts | 0.00000% | 1 | 0.001% | 1 | 0.001% |
| 284 | Yamask | 0.00000% | 6 | 0.003% | 5 | 0.003% |
| 285 | Wynaut | 0.00000% | 3 | 0.002% | 3 | 0.002% |
| 286 | Machop | 0.00000% | 1 | 0.001% | 1 | 0.001% |
| 287 | Croagunk | 0.00000% | 1 | 0.001% | 1 | 0.001% |
| 288 | Hoothoot | 0.00000% | 1 | 0.001% | 1 | 0.001% |
| 289 | Vulpix | 0.00000% | 6 | 0.003% | 5 | 0.003% |
| 290 | Wimpod | 0.00000% | 2 | 0.001% | 1 | 0.001% |
| 291 | Deino | 0.00000% | 1 | 0.001% | 1 | 0.001% |
| 292 | Stufful | 0.00000% | 1 | 0.001% | 1 | 0.001% |
| 293 | Swinub | 0.00000% | 3 | 0.002% | 3 | 0.002% |
| 294 | Wooper | 0.00000% | 8 | 0.004% | 7 | 0.004% |
| 295 | Dreepy | 0.00000% | 1 | 0.001% | 1 | 0.001% |
| 296 | Joltik | 0.00000% | 1 | 0.001% | 1 | 0.001% |
| 297 | Axew | 0.00000% | 1 | 0.001% | 1 | 0.001% |
| 298 | Steenee | 0.00000% | 2 | 0.001% | 2 | 0.001% |
| 299 | Larvitar | 0.00000% | 3 | 0.002% | 3 | 0.002% |
| 300 | Zigzagoon-Galar | 0.00000% | 6 | 0.003% | 6 | 0.004% |
| 301 | Milcery | 0.00000% | 2 | 0.001% | 2 | 0.001% |
| 302 | Charmander | 0.00000% | 1 | 0.001% | 1 | 0.001% |
| 303 | Vanillite | 0.00000% | 5 | 0.003% | 5 | 0.003% |
| 304 | Pichu | 0.00000% | 2 | 0.001% | 2 | 0.001% |
| 305 | Hatenna | 0.00000% | 1 | 0.001% | 1 | 0.001% |
| 306 | Grookey | 0.00000% | 5 | 0.003% | 5 | 0.003% |
| 307 | Karrablast | 0.00000% | 2 | 0.001% | 2 | 0.001% |
| 308 | Gothita | 0.00000% | 1 | 0.001% | 1 | 0.001% |
| 309 | Nuzleaf | 0.00000% | 1 | 0.001% | 1 | 0.001% |
| 310 | Nickit | 0.00000% | 1 | 0.001% | 1 | 0.001% |
| 311 | Goomy | 0.00000% | 1 | 0.001% | 1 | 0.001% |
| 312 | Pidove | 0.00000% | 4 | 0.002% | 4 | 0.003% |
| 313 | Rhyhorn | 0.00000% | 3 | 0.002% | 3 | 0.002% |
| 314 | Yamper | 0.00000% | 3 | 0.002% | 3 | 0.002% |
| 315 | Wailmer | 0.00000% | 3 | 0.002% | 3 | 0.002% |

Some new faces in these usage stats:
:Falinks: Could see use as a set-up sweeper and as a Fighting-type Toxicroak is its only main competition. Problem is that it's quite predictable.

:Rhydon: Probably gonna be one of the best mons in the tier in my opinion. Rocker with great offensive presence and bulk. We have quite a few Water- and Grass-types floating around but that hasn't stopped Rhydon before.

:Mantine: Theoretically this gets Defog back in February but if it doesn't this could still be a solid tank with reliable recovery. Rain sets could be a good meme too I guess.

:Appletun: This thing is fat and has reliable recovery but has a lot of weaknesses and is kinda passive, but could take on quite a few mons here, mainly a lot of the bulky Grounds like Sandaconda and Rhydon without Megahorn.

:Jolteon: This thing will likely suck and is walled by way too much. Use the Rotoms instead.

:Hitmontop: This could actually work a bulky spinner but the problem is that it again has no recovery and without Technician you can't hit Ghosts at all. But if you don't run Intimidate your bulk drops by a good amount. Noob trap but unlike Jolteon I doubt it will be completely terrible.

Mavis

Banned deucer.
so help me if gurdurr and croak slip

all in all, RU main as I am, I'm definitely gonna go ahead and give NU prealpha a shot. Croak looks like an absolute beast and a total top tier right now, and I've been itching to try various silvallies that just don't work up in RU.

on other thoughts- the Glare and Stealh Rock combination on Sandaconda sounds awesome without Xatu getting in it's way. I could definitely see that thing being a premier rocker and crucial paralysis support on offense.

I'll elaborate and edit this with more thoughts tomorrow as I'm quite sleepy, but those are the big things I see from this list. a lot of excitement!

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi! I've been playing RU Alpha a lot, but honestly don't love the meta rn so I'm hyped for NU. Here's a few mons I think will do well in the new tier:

Rapidash icon
-Galar:
100 Attack, 105 Speed. Ability gives it a handy immunity to Poison, whether it's TSpikes or to ensure that sweeps are not stopped by Toxic. Imo, the best set is easily LO SD / Zen Headbutt / Play Rough / [High Horsepower or Low Kick].
You can also run Megahorn to hit bulky psychics hard, I suppose, but +2 Play Rough should be fine. Scarf Healing Wish and Calm Mind sets can exist but I'm skeptical about their effectiveness.
Psychic / Fairy is a good STAB Combo, especially since it just nukes the NU Steels with its coverage. Only Max PDef Stunfisk-Galar can attempt to wall it.

252 Atk Life Orb Rapidash-Galar High Horsepower vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Klinklang: 200-237 (76.3 - 90.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Rapidash-Galar High Horsepower vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Perrserker: 226-268 (80.4 - 95.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Rapidash-Galar High Horsepower vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mawile: 179-213 (58.8 - 70%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Rapidash-Galar High Horsepower vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Stunfisk-Galar: 164-195 (38.8 - 46.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Silvally icon
(Fairy, Ghost, Dark)
Silvally will be a metagame staple, imo. Swords Dance, Multi Attack (120 BP STAB!), and U-Turn are staples, forcing switches and building momentum to clear the way to sweep or punch a major hole. It can run so, so many coverage moves (Rock Slide, Crunch, Shadow Claw, Iron Head, Psychic/Fire/Thunder/Ice Fang, Explosion), and it also gets TWave to unexpectedly cripple a mon.

The 3 I listed were particularly effective in RU, and I predict that they will be the most effective in NU as well. However, plenty of other forms could be useful -- I've seen Ground, Flying, and Dragon used.

Unfezant icon
:
I have very much enjoyed using Choice Scarf Unfezant in RU Alpha, due to the lack of flying resists - the two prominent ones, Gigalith and Silv-Steel, could be easily worn down by the multitude of other things they need to check, letting Unfezant come in for a late-game clear. 115 Attack STAB Brave Bird is incredibly spammable, and it's rounded out by U-turn (super valuable for a Choice user), Facade (weak Normal STAB -- it lost Return, but this can suffice, and helps a lot if you get statused), and Super Luck-boosted Night Slash (25% Crit chance I believe...?).

I used it to clean in this RU alpha tour match: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ru-1040009102

HOWEVER ..... it gains additional viability as one of three Defog users in NU!
80/80/55 Bulk is not that impressive, but it's much faster than Noctowl and Gurdurr, and could be worth consideration with Boots, Defog, Roost, and Phys Def investment.

While on the subject of hazard removal, NU's Rapid Spinners are Delibird, Hitmonchan, Hitmontop, and Carkol.

With Hazard Control looking weak, hazard stack could be really good (Spikes Garbodor/Crustle/Qwilfish + a strong Spinblocker like Haunter, Sableye, Golurk + offensive mons).

I don't feel like writing individual analyses anymore, but Rhydon, Qwilfish, Mantine, Garbodor, Sableye, and Sandaconda all seem like really good defensive mons.

Last edited:
stuff that stands out to me:
  • :qwilfish: this thing looks insane. as a hazard setter, it does good defensively vs stuff like croak, fairyvally, and beats gurdurr/hitmons, which will probably be the most common hazard control. offensively, it can now run sd+aqua jet+stabs+intim, which essentially makes it sd samurott last gen but with intim and a secondary stab, and also faster.
  • :rhydon: :sandaconda: :piloswine: :ferroseed: ||||| :clefairy: :drednaw: :golurk: :stunfisk-galar: :ferroseed: these feel like the best rockers we have, esp rhydon, sandaconda pilo and ferro. not too bad tbf, am v suprised we got rhydon.
  • :vikavolt: :shuckle: :abomasnow: cheese feels good af. theres a pretty insane amount of mons to abuse webs/veil like croak, the silvallys, haunter, butterfree, agility vikavolt.
  • :silvally: yeah all the silvallys are gonna be really good. fairy, dark and water seem like they might be the best, but tbh besides like maybe bug they all probably have some sorta decent niche.
  • :gurdurr: :hitmontop: :hitmonchan: :vullaby: yeah hazard removal doesnt feel great. gurdurr feels really good and hitmons seem ok, albeit outclassed by gurdurr, but then vullaby feels like the next best option. feels especially bad considering spikers and webbers are looking really good.
  • :toxicroak: :haunter: :malamar: :scrafty: :rapidash-galar: :falinks: :appletun: :arctozolt: :sawk: some other misc threats that seem really good. way too early to say, but i definitely see a few of these like croak and malamar being broken/really close to broken.
yeah overall this meta definitely looks like its gonna be unbalanced af, definitely moreso than ru in alpha, but it also looks fun. looking forard to playing this.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)