SV UU Kickoff Tour - Round 7 & Finals [won by pokemonisfun]

Lily

wouldn't that be fine, dear
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
UU Leader
:espathra: :tinkaton: :pawmot: rip these guys
SV UU Kickoff Tournament!​

Welcome to the SV UU Kickoff Tournament! A new generation is here and this will be the first (unofficial!) UU tournament to encourage meta development. Get your Gigaton Hammers and Lumina Crash into that teambuilder!

Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • Best-of-three, single elimination.
  • Replays are required for this tournament! No replays = no win.
  • This is a no johns tournament! Please complete your games within the 4 day deadline period or you will be coinflipped. No extensions, period.
Battle Clauses:
  • Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing Pokémon.
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same Pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on their team.
  • Evasion Clause: A player cannot use the moves Double Team or Minimize in their Pokémon's movesets.
  • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
  • Timer Clause: If a player exhausts the timer, they lose.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Any moveset on any pokemon that is capable of intentionally causing an endless battle is banned from competitive play.
General recommendations:
  • Contact your opponent as soon as possible upon the round going up. Activity cases are going to be handled in a very strict manner.
  • When scheduling, offer the widest range of time possible to play. 1 hour of activity on one or two weeknights is unlikely to be considered acceptable.
  • Schedule specifically - do not schedule for "Friday afternoon" or "Sunday morning", pick a date, a time and note the timezone.

Matchups:

pokemonisfun  vs  Danny
Parpar  vs  KSt3ve

Deadline is January 9th!! Good luck all!!!

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
Hi hosts - Lily Jade

Thanks for hosting. Parpar and I have scheduled the finals for 8:00 PM (or slightly later) Thursday, January 12th (GMT-5).

I assume this is fine despite not posting the finals round yet but please let us both know if that is not the case.

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
Won!

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen9uu-668240
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen9uu-668244-csjtrjdk6x8e00xu1oesuqayijahuj1pw

Thanks to the following players who helped me test (and Ramolost who insists on this but didn't help):

Celebiii
TSR
tomatosoup110
ramolost
Sulo

My thoughts live if anyone is interested

Great start to gen9uu! Hope to enjoy it more. A big general thank you to my friends in pia, PS, UU disc, and twitch who watched and chat with me in UU.

And shoutouts to Danny who I haxed out of this and could have easily won this whole thing. Stay with us this gen :)

Adaam

إسمي جف
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Grand Slam Winner
Won!

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen9uu-668240
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen9uu-668244-csjtrjdk6x8e00xu1oesuqayijahuj1pw

Thanks to the following players who helped me test (and Ramolost who insists on this but didn't help):

Celebiii
TSR
tomatosoup110
ramolost
Sulo

My thoughts live if anyone is interested

Great start to gen9uu! Hope to enjoy it more. A big general thank you to my friends in pia, PS, UU disc, and twitch who watched and chat with me in UU.

And shoutouts to Danny who I haxed out of this and could have easily won this whole thing. Stay with us this gen :)
seeing your win posts is the apple of my eye, and I don’t mean red delicious.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)