Resource SV UU Cores

Sulo

pure heroine
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
National Dex Leader
SV UU Cores Banner.png
Hosted by Sulo | OP Stolen from here, made by Sickist | Approved by Forum Mods | Art by royalfluxh

Hello, and welcome to the Scarlet/Violet UnderUsed Cores thread! The purpose of this thread is for the community to post and discuss various cores that work well in the metagame to provide newer players with a place to get started. To recap: a core is a group of 2 or 3 Pokémon in a team that work well together to achieve a specific goal. These goals include breaking through opposing teams (Offensive), checking important threats in the UnderUsed metagame while also exerting offensive pressure upon the opposing team (Balance), and covering each other's weaknesses while providing the team with a solid set of resistances (Defensive).

Cores posted here must follow a few rules:
1) Cores posted here must be tested to ensure that they perform well in the metagame. As such, including replays is recommended to further support the validity of your core.
2) Try to keep slashes to a minimum.
3) Include a short, concise description or explanation of the core, which should contain the following information:
- The type of the core (Offensive, Balance or Defensive)
- How the core functions
- How to use the core itself

Please include the following when submitting a core:
1) Provide the sprites and names of the Pokemon that make up your core.
2) Include the sets for your Pokemon (preferably in a Poképaste or using hide tags).
3) Write up a short description of how the core functions.

That's all from me, and I hope you enjoy submitting and using these cores!

Last edited:

Moutemoute

Error 404
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock / Spikes
- Recover
- Chilling Water
- Earth Power

Scream Tail @ Leftovers
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Water / Fairy / Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Def / 248 Spe
Timid Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Perish Song / Encore / Stealth Rock / Flamethrower
- Dazzling Gleam
Gastrodon and Scream Tail complete each other pretty nicely. Thanks to their typing and bulk they're able to cover a wide variety of threats. Thanks to their movepool, they can be used as either a Entry Hazards core (with Gastrodon being able to set Spikes while Scream Tail sets Stealth Rock) or a pure defensive core. Gastrodon is able to handle most Poison and Steel-types for its mate while Scream Tail can support Gastrodon thanks to Wish or Perish Song / Encore which allows it to be handle to a certain extent some setup sweepers which would like to use Gastrodon as a setup fodder (things like Espathra). This is an already well known defensive core you'll have to prepare if you're playing the tier.

Last edited:
:sv/noivern: :sv/hydreigon:

Noivern @ Life Orb
Ability: Infiltrator
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 252 SpA / 104 SpD / 152 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Boomburst
- Flamethrower
- Roost

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Flash Cannon

The two may seem redundant together but I actually like this core as a kind of "dragon spam" core. The idea is that fairies are typically tasked with switching into both of them and by terralizing, they can lure and beat the fairies so that they can go berserk with dropping draco meteors. It helps that both pokes are amazing post-terralizing even outside of beating fairies, noivern's STAB boomburst is ludicrously difficult to switch into while steel hydreigon + levitate makes it a great offensive check to pokes like dragon dance salamence. It also helps that noivern is a great offense killer with its amazing speed tier (noticably outspeeding the broken gengar) and infiltrator to destroy screens teams, while specs or nasty plot hydreigon is quite difficult for defensive teams to switch into. The two need insurance vs tinkaton and blissey but that's not an unreasonable amount of support since both are exploitable. You can use spikes quagsire and gastrodon to punish tinkaton and blissey and strong physical attackers for blissey specifically.

I think this core really shows how much dragon types have benefited from teralizing.

Slip

dancing to alarm bells
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
:sv/altaria: + :sv/tinkaton:

Altaria and Tinkaton are a wonderful balance or defensive core as you can squeeze in a dragon/fairy/steel core with 2 Pokemon if needed. Both pokemon generally cover eachother's weaknesses outside of a few pokemon with coverage moves (noivern for example with draco and flamethrower), are both extremely bulky which lets them take a lot of hits for one another, and both have good support options in will-o-wisp and encore/thunder wave respectively. Use this core to take defensive or offensive hits in order to cripple the opponents Pokemon.

Altaria @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Natural Cure
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 16 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Roost
- Defog / Haze
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hurricane

Tinkaton @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Atk / 176 SpD
Careful Nature
- Gigaton Hammer
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock / Thunder Wave
- Encore / Thunder Wave

Example game: Link
This game ended in an early forfeit, but shows the power that Altaria and Tinkaton can do to ruin an opponents day.

Last edited:

plznostep

Flittle Fanatic
is a Community Contributor
Heya, i wanted to do a post about a nice core that i've been really loving in this tier so far and has been doing really well on balance teams for me.
And that is...

:sv/brambleghast:
Brambleghast @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Wind Rider
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Strength Sap
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes

:sv/quagsire:
Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Haze
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes

:sv/tinkaton:
Tinkaton (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 232 SpD / 24 Spe
Careful Nature
- Gigaton Hammer
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Encore

Tinkaton, Brambleghast and Quagsire. I find this core really nice together, Quagsire + Brambleghast has a really nice MU vs rain teams since Quagsire has a Water Immunity and Brambleghast has a Fighting Immunity. What rain abuser uses these two coverage moves? Barraskewda. Brambleghast also has a positive MU vs Kilowattrel due to being immune to Hurricane. Tinkaton with Rocks and Brambleghast with Spikes also allows Quagsire to run Toxic Spikes, which really helps certain mons such as Hex Gengar and Assurance Weavile who appreciate the opposing team being whittled down by Toxic and Hazards, especially with there no way of getting rid of status this gen except Healing Wish. Brambleghast also acts as your spinblocker for Donphan, Tsareena and Forretress meaning you should be able to keep them up. Tinkaton also has the covetted Knock Off, allowing it to knock HDB off the opposing foes, meaning that they'll now be affected by hazards. Tinkaton also checks special attackers who may threaten this defensive core such as Gengar, Espathra, and Hydreigon and is a great answer to Hatterene who wants to try and bounce back our Hazards, which it cannot do to Hatterene. You'll want to try and keep up the pressure vs Defoggers such as Talonflame so you can stop them from clearing your hazards. Quagsire is a nice defensive wall for mons such as Bisharp and also synergizes well with Brambleghast, as it can answer Tsareena and Wo Chien with a Colbur Berry and abuse them to get more spikes off.

Here is a replay of this core in action

Edit: Forgot to say what type of core it is LMFAO; Yea, this is a balance core :3

Last edited:

Sulo

pure heroine
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
National Dex Leader
Heya, i wanted to do a post about a nice core that i've been really loving in this tier so far and has been doing really well on balance teams for me.
And that is...

:sv/brambleghast:
Brambleghast @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Wind Rider
Bold Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Strength Sap
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes

:sv/quagsire:
Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Haze
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes

:sv/tinkaton:
Tinkaton (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 232 SpD / 24 Spe
Careful Nature
- Gigaton Hammer
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Encore

Tinkaton, Brambleghast and Quagsire. I find this core really nice together, Quagsire + Brambleghast has a really nice MU vs rain teams since Quagsire has a Water Immunity and Brambleghast has a Fighting Immunity. What rain abuser uses these two coverage moves? Barraskewda. Brambleghast also has a positive MU vs Kilowattrel due to being immune to Hurricane. Tinkaton with Rocks and Brambleghast with Spikes also allows Quagsire to run Toxic Spikes, which really helps certain mons such as Hex Gengar and Assurance Weavile who appreciate the opposing team being whittled down by Toxic and Hazards, especially with there no way of getting rid of status this gen except Healing Wish. Brambleghast also acts as your spinblocker for Donphan, Tsareena and Forretress meaning you should be able to keep them up. Tinkaton also has the covetted Knock Off, allowing it to knock HDB off the opposing foes, meaning that they'll now be affected by hazards. Tinkaton also checks special attackers who may threaten this defensive core such as Gengar, Espathra, and Hydreigon. You'll want to try and keep up the pressure vs Defoggers such as Talonflame so you can stop them from clearing your hazards. Quagsire is a nice defensive wall for mons such as Bisharp and also synergizes well with Brambleghast, as it can answer Tsareena and Wo Chien with a Colbur Berry and abuse them to get more spikes off.

Here is a replay of this core in action
Thank you, as always! Reminder that you should explicitly list what type of core you submit; I will be assuming this is a balance core, but feel free to tell me otherwise. :heart:

wanted to try and post a core, UU has been very fun for me!

:sv/indeedee:
Indeedee (M) @ Terrain Extender
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Healing Wish
- Dazzling Gleam

:sv/armarouge:
Armarouge @ Twisted Spoon/Focus Sash
Ability: Flash Fire
Tera Type: Psychic
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Expanding Force
- Armor Cannon
- Trick Room
- Aura Sphere

This offensive core enables Armarouge's access to Expanding Force and lets it become a very strong special attacker. Indeedee sets in terrain and does as much damage as possible until it goes down, or uses Healing Wish if there's an injured ally. Armarouge has good bulk to withstand hits, so you're guaranteed to set Trick Room most of the time. Aura Sphere is to nail Dark types mainly, but Armor Cannon already does a ton against them and Steel types so it's pretty much flexible. Priority attacks and Prankster are also nulled by Psychic Terrain, so there's no worry for Armarouge to get killed by priority.

Twisted Spoon is to enhance Expanding Force's power, while Focus Sash is to ensure that it would live from a supereffective hit that might OHKO it (ex: barraskewda under rain). You could use Life Orb, but it already hits hard and doesn't want to have its HP cut off during it.

Note of replay: I used Indeedee-F here, but the function remains the same anyway. Indeedee-M would just deal more damage. I tried getting a similar replay with Indeedee-M but it was a little difficult pulling it off.

^Which brings me to the fact that just like other terrain teams, this requires some support for a perfect scenario where Armarouge can act. Rapid spinners are appreciated to keep Armarouge healthy and Pokémon that can act as either early breakers or late-game sweepers can synergize well with Psychic Terrain.

i hope this wasn't too long or bad because this is my first time posting something like this www

Queen of Bean

UUPL Champion
:sv/rotom-mow: :sv/bisharp: :sv/gastrodon:
(click the pokes for their sets)

this is a 3 pokemon balance core of bisharp gastrodon and rotom mow!

i like how this core works together defensively with rotom being a ground immune for bisharp and a grass resist for gastrodon aswell as being a form of speed control and just a good pivot in general, gastrodon is good at taking fire attacks for rotom and bisharp can cover its ice weakness aswell. bisharp provides some offense for the core with swords dance aswell as deterring defog. rotom can willo wisp things that could threaten bisharp so it could set up more easily aswell as threatening pokemon like quagsire and rotom wash which bisharp isnt a fan of. bisharp sets up on alot of grass types like wo chien that wall mowtom and gastro to an extent (if you dont tera)

:gengar: + :hydreigon:

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower/Flash Cannon
- U-turn
Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Cursed Body
Timid Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Trick

An offensive core that I feel puts immediate pressure on a lot of builds as the two cover each others weaknesses quite well naturally and able to smoke opposing pokemon for the other. The two provide instant pressure on the special side that forces immediate switches to deal with and can allow other abusers on a team to come in and take advantage. While it is not perfect (Scream Tail, Tinkaton to a degree, Wo Chien) it is a core that puts immediate pressure on most teams.

Queen of Bean

UUPL Champion
:gengar: + :hydreigon:

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower/Flash Cannon
- U-turn
Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Cursed Body
Timid Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Trick

An offensive core that I feel puts immediate pressure on a lot of builds as the two cover each others weaknesses quite well naturally and able to smoke opposing pokemon for the other. The two provide instant pressure on the special side that forces immediate switches to deal with and can allow other abusers on a team to come in and take advantage. While it is not perfect (Scream Tail, Tinkaton to a degree, Wo Chien) it is a core that puts immediate pressure on most teams.
i think this might be better with nasty plot sub hydreigon? no sure though i would have to try it out

Snow core
:SV/Cetitan:
Cetitan (F) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Slush Rush
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Ice Shard
- Belly Drum
- Earthquake
:SV/cloyster:
Cloyster (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
Tera Type: Rock
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Ice Shard
:SV/Slowking:
Slowking (F) @ Icy Rock
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 180 SpA / 76 SpD
Calm Nature
- Flamethrower
- Future Sight
- Surf
- Chilly Reception
I absolutely love this core, it can be nice to slap on to non rain teams in case you don’t want to commit fully to hail. It’s super easy to use, too. It’s only real counter is ice resists with priority, but that’s very few Pokémon and other teammates can help to deal with those. Notably slowking being able to cripple steal types like Eviolite Bisharp.
The idea is chilly reception, slowking signiture move, giving incredibly safe switches to both cloyster and cetitan, which need safe switches to set up, while also giving snow, which helps them be a bit more defensive, or in the case of cetitan, faster.

I've seen this core work with multiple teams now, so I feel it's worth posting (click for sets):
:slowking: + :gastrodon-east: + :slither wing: + :hydreigon:

This core fits on Bulky Offense styles, and uses Slowking and Gastrodon to cover defensive gaps and enable offensive threats, while Slither Wing and Hydreigon provide a combination of physical and special offense while offering some defensive utility of their own. Together, this core of four covers most threats in current SV UU. I'll go into each of the roles briefly below:

:sv/slowking:
  • Regenerator defensive pivot
  • Resist to many relevant attacking types: Fighting, Fire, Water, Psychic, Steel, and Ice
  • Carries a status and/or speed control move in the last slot to cripple opposing offensive Pokemon and set up your own offensive Pokemon (I've found both Yawn and Trick Room to be useful)
:sv/gastrodon-east:
  • Electric and Water immunity
  • Kilowattrel check (special bulk survives 2 Hurricanes)
  • Hazard laying with Spikes
  • Speed control with Icy Wind (useful for Pokemon like Dragon Dance Salamence)
:sv/slither wing:
  • Blissey + Tinkaton killer
  • Offensive pivot with U-turn
  • Dual Wingbeat to KO other Slither Wing
  • Priority in First Impression to keep offensive threats like Gallade and Hydreigon in check
:sv/hydreigon:
  • Comes in on passive walls like Gastrodon and weak special attackers like Rotom to boost with Nasty Plot and threaten wallbreaking / sweeps
  • Ghost resist
  • Can check many types of attackers in a pinch due to Dragon's resistances and Tera Steel
Some replays of the core in action, on 2 different teams:

Last edited:

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
:grafaiai::slowking:

wo grafaiai ni (Grafaiai) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Prankster
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Parting Shot
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot
- Encore

king of things (Slowking) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Surf
- Future Sight
- Chilly Reception
- Slack Off

This is a balance/defensive core.

It uses Grafaiai's Encore to stop threats like Salamence and Espathra from setting up on Slowking. Grafaiai likes the free entry from Slowking's slow pivot and can help chip Pokemon with Knock Off and Gunk Shot poisons. Its offensive potential is enhanced by Future Sight, as most of Grafaiai's checks cannot deal with Future Sight well, especially if Knocked Off. Slowking is a fantastic wall when it doesn't have to worry about set up sweepers. The biggest threat to this core are Dark type Pokemon as they are immune to Prankster shenaningans and can hit Slowking for high damage, Bisharp and Hydreigon for example need to be accounted for.

Balance core: :Hatterene: :Revavroom: :Salamence:

Hatterene @ Assault Vest
Ability: Magic Bounce
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 132 SpA / 120 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Nuzzle
- Psyshock
- Dazzling Gleam
- Mystical Fire

Revavroom @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Filter
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Parting Shot
- Toxic
- Haze

Salamence @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Intimidate
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Roost

A classic Fairy/steel/dragon combo. AV Hatterene eats special hits all day long, Salamence is a great physical tank, and Revavroom is a great pivot with underrated utility.
The core is very weak to Bisharp. While Hatt can destroy it with Mystical Fire, it hates Iron Head, and while Salamence can take unboosted hits with ease, it doesn't want to trigger defiant, so ensure you have a solid answer.
Otherwise this is a versatile core that fits most team structures. Revavroom is particularly useful for role compression, between Toxic and Haze it can shut down most set up sweepers in the tier.

I've seen this core work with multiple teams now, so I feel it's worth posting (click for sets):
:slowking: + :gastrodon-east: + :slither wing: + :hydreigon:

This core fits on Bulky Offense styles, and uses Slowking and Gastrodon to cover defensive gaps and enable offensive threats, while Slither Wing and Hydreigon provide a combination of physical and special offense while offering some defensive utility of their own. Together, this core of four covers most threats in current SV UU. I'll go into each of the roles briefly below:

:sv/slowking:
  • Regenerator defensive pivot
  • Resist to many relevant attacking types: Fighting, Fire, Water, Psychic, Steel, and Ice
  • Carries a status and/or speed control move in the last slot to cripple opposing offensive Pokemon and set up your own offensive Pokemon (I've found both Yawn and Trick Room to be useful)
:sv/gastrodon-east:
  • Electric and Water immunity
  • Kilowattrel check (special bulk survives 2 Hurricanes)
  • Hazard laying with Spikes
  • Speed control with Icy Wind (useful for Pokemon like Dragon Dance Salamence)
:sv/slither wing:
  • Blissey + Tinkaton killer
  • Offensive pivot with U-turn
  • Dual Wingbeat to KO other Slither Wing
  • Priority in First Impression to keep offensive threats like Gallade and Hydreigon in check
:sv/hydreigon:
  • Comes in on passive walls like Gastrodon and weak special attackers like Rotom to boost with Nasty Plot and threaten wallbreaking / sweeps
  • Ghost resist
  • Can check many types of attackers in a pinch due to Dragon's resistances and Tera Steel
Some replays of the core in action, on 2 different teams:
you mind sharing the tsareena set in the 2nd team?

hi i have no replays to show but trust me this offensive core 6-0s everything also azu is getting nuked so idt it matters too too too too much

:sv/azumarill: + :sv/cloyster:

k so tldr opponents often have 1 water resist. these water resists are one of the following

1: a grass (tsareena, mowtom, chien) - often can't handle cloy

2: a slower water (bro, king, gastro) - can't handle +6 azu

3: washtom - overwhelmed easily by +6 azu + shell smash cloys

4: mence - loses the 1v1 against both of these and can't even intim azu

5: anything else - smogon haha reaction

azu and cloy fuck up common resists on their own so bad it might not even matter if the opp has multiple, and if they stack them too much (smth silly like washtom + bro lol) you can pair them up w/ other breakers (most likely those who are difficult for teams to check in the first place meaning you'll only ever have trouble against the most awkward of teamstyles) who abuse the fact that "haha that's so funny but weren't you supposed to check me with those slots"

https://pokepast.es/85610e7eaf90d9a4

this is the team i used and while it's no doubt flawed it does a good enough job enabling these brokens to wreck havoc. gengar and drei can both make defensive cores do the funny squidward shriveling up his face meme, and froslass + esp keeping rocks off is really nice to maintain cloys ability to stave off rain behind screens.

happy new years to you all :3

-
Looks like everyone already mentioned a lot of the cores that I have been using! I want to introduce this offensive core that I built (alongside a friend's help from my server haha)

I have found a lot of success using Specs Salazzle + Agility Gallade. It is pretty unreal how many things get 2HKO'd by Specs Salazzle atm, and I have lured in so many Quagsire/Gastrodon with Grass Tera Blast LOL

Objective of core: Salazzle kills threats such as Tinkaton, Bronzong, Donphan, Florges, Forretress, Hatterene, Sableye (i.e. common threats to Gallade) and Gallade can click Agility on a passive mon and clean the opponent. Very clean, very effective - it is a little prediction reliant, so this is recommended on more BO builds in case momentum is lost. Talonflame is a little annoying to this core, but yeah as long as you have something for that, you should be fine :)

:sv/slowking: :sv/baxcalibur: :sv/slither wing:
click on them

This is a really dangerous core that fits well on Bulky Offense, and Balance teams. Slowking has great synergy with both Baxcalibur, and Slither Wing, thanks to Future Sight and Chilly Reception. Chilly Reception gives Baxcalibur a Defense boost, making it easier to set up, as well as making it more difficult for the opponent to revengekill it. CB Slither Wing is quite literally impossible to switch in on, after a Future Sight from, as every offensive check dies from CC + Future Sight, and everything slower gets 2HKOd by the same combination. Additionally these 3 also have great type synergy. Slowking is resistant to a lot of their weaknesses (Fighting and Steel from Bax, Ice and Water from post-tera Bax, Psychic and Fire from Slither Wing). Slither Wing is also a great breaker that is able to wear down a lot of physically defensive Pokemon, which are then too weakened to check Baxcalibur. Try this one out, it's fun.

TyCarter

Tough Scene
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
:xy/Baxcalibur: :xy/Magnezone:

This is a great pairing where Baxcalibur can really pop off in the tier, especially when paired with Magnezone. Currently, people have been running Tera Fairy on Quagsire or the slowtwins alongside Steel types like Orthworm and Zong as a means of handling Bax but Magnezone with Specs can remove or heavily cripple these steel types and put pressure on fairies to enable a DD Baxcalibur sweep. This core is particularly great at bullying fatter teams. DD Bax can threaten a lot of the ground types in the tier that would ideally beat Magnezone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)