Project SV Ubers - Secret Santa

Taka

coastin' like crazy
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
approved by Lasen

Secret Santa
Ho-Ohchristmas.png

Secret Santa is an event in which a group exchanges Christmas presents anonymously with each member of the group being assigned someone to provide a gift. This project will work similarly to that, where each person who signs up will send me a DM (either through Smogon or Discord [@taka.tk] ) with a Pokemon or a core that they'd like someone to build for them. After this process, everyone will be assigned one of these Pokemon / cores and will have to build a team and share it in this thread by the building deadline.
rules adapted from this post
General Rules:
  • DLC WILL BE ALLOWED AND PREFERRED!
  • Post "in" or whatever else you want to (as long as the intent is clear) to join.
  • Don't sign up if you can't guarantee that you'll be able to finish building a team in time. I'll try to keep tabs on everyone and help if needed, but depending on the amount of sign ups we get, it could be hard to do this.
  • Avoid telling people what request you sent/got, as it could ruin the surprise!
Submission Rules:

• You can request whatever Pokemon you want for the core, but the builder has to return a team that is relatively viable (usable / covers general meta threats).
  • After sign-ups close, I'll use the same DM each user sent with their request in order to let them know the Pokemon or core that was assigned to them.
  • Once you're done building, post the team you made on the thread and share the gift!

Building Deadline: December 31st

Taka

coastin' like crazy
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Pairings have been dmed and cores have been sent over (outside of a few people, send your core to me asap if you can. Deadline will be pushed to January 3rd as to not interfere with New Year's plans. Have fun!

Deadline: January 3rd, 11:59pm -5

Zest of Life

Banned deucer.
:choice scarf: :deoxys-attack: + :choice band: / :loaded dice: :koraidon:

https://pokepast.es/acf7cd869f9fa700 / https://pokepast.es/5f9a71330e43cce0

Here are two Bulky Offense teams built around Scarf Deo-A + Band / Loaded Dice Koraidon, which have a surprising amount of offensive synergy. They each work to wear down the other's checks so one of them can sweep or clean up. These teams are relatively intuitive to pilot and can catch many players by surprise, since no one really preps for Tera Psychic Scarf Deo-A or Band Koraidon, the latter of which can 2HKO Defensive Ho-Oh too. I had fun building & testing these teams, and hope to see some equally fire teams on here. Happy Holidays!

Last edited:

OreoSpeedruns

Embrace the wonders within.
is a Tiering Contributor
:mental herb::deoxys-speed: + :flutter mane:
https://pokepast.es/da31ac5f80cfcfcb

It's LUIGI TIME- uh I mean byulharang happy holidays, I was your Secret Santa!
As I was told by my bro Zest of Life about HO, you just pick Deo-S + 5 breakers / sweepers and call it a day. Since you wanted a Flutter on here, I went with a Calm Mind set that can kill Ho-Oh since that felt like the most natural option. Obviously, Scale Korai is a busted ass mf and helps out Flutter Mane, and not using NDM on HO is a waste. I'm not the biggest fan of Dragon Dance NDM nowadays, and I like SD Trick Room more. The last two mons can really be anything you want; I love Agility Eternatus and Extreme Killer so that's what I went with.

Merry Christmas and I hope you have a great 2024! (but also 2024 will be MY year)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)