Project SV Ubers DLC2 Personal Viability Rankings

OreoSpeedruns

Embrace the wonders within.
is a Tiering Contributor
Indigo Disk Official Artwork.png

(approved by SparksBlade, artwork by The Pokemon Company)

Here you may share your personal viability rankings for the Ubers metagame created by the second DLC added to Pokemon Scarlet and Violet: The Indigo Disk! Note that this is NOT A METAGAME DISCUSSION THREAD, so anything that isn't strictly a viability ranking list or comments on your own list should go in the metagame discussion thread instead.

To streamline the process of creating your personal VR, I've made a template on TierMaker featuring over 80 Ubers-viable Pokemon, including all the Pokemon that are Ubers by tiering! If a Pokemon you believe to be Ubers-viable is not included on the template, you may add them to your VR. Just... be reasonable about your additions.

Last edited:

OreoSpeedruns

Embrace the wonders within.
is a Tiering Contributor
my-image.png

Here's a brief overview of the meta as I've experienced thus far. A- rank and above are sorted based on their overall viability, while all ranks below A- are sorted alphabetically. Of course, since the meta is still super new, it's super favorable to offensive styles, but the meta is definitely starting to shift away from pure hyper offense in favor of more bulky styles.

Here's some comments I have about Pokemon whose placement I find notable, as well as why I put them in the place I did.

:koraidon:: I was debating on whether to put this as the overall best mon or the second best, but given how the meta is just significantly more favorable to Scale Shot Koraidon than ever before, I couldn't put it anywhere lower than the top spot. The reintroduction of both Necrozma-Dusk-Mane and Ho-Oh hurts the viability of Zacian-Crowned, Arceus-Fairy, and Flutter Mane, meaning that you can't really block Scale Shot like you could in DLC1.

:necrozma-dusk-mane:: The most impactful returning Pokemon in DLC2, bar none. It can still do everything a team could want it to and it still does it consistently. Dragon Dance sets are worse off this gen thanks to Scarf Koraidon and Miraidon, but those sets are still very good. Dusk Mane Necrozma also benefits a great deal from Tera and it really cannot be placed below A+.

:ho-oh:: While it definitely is worse off this generation thanks to losing Defog and Thunder Wave, Ho-Oh is still incredible at what it does. Offensive sets are quite decent, with many Pokemon not wanting to take Brave Bird from it, and the few that don't mind Brave BIrd, like Dusk Mane and Miraidon, are obviously very scared of Sacred Fire and Earthquake. This mon is definitely still built different.

:deoxys-attack:: Super ferocious offensive Pokemon, Psycho Boost from this monster drops anything that doesn't resist it. Even defensive Ho-Oh doesn't really wanna take it, and Ho-Oh is of course deathly afraid of getting hit by Knock Off. This thing can mix up its coverage based on its team's needs, and in that sense it's a better Mewtwo. Plus, it gets the jump on Zacian, which means we finally have a reliable, unscarfed revenge killer to a chipped Zacian.

:arceus-ground:: As mentioned, Ho-Oh's mere existence forces Dragon Dance sets to run Stone Edge, (or if you really wanna get extreme, Gravity) gimping its already kinda cramped moveset, and most likely will make special variants, such as Calm Mind, much rarer. Despite that, Groundceus is obviously still a fantastic Pokemon, checking Miraidon, Zacian-Crowned, Eternatus, Kingambit, and the reintroduced Dusk Mane.

:deoxys-speed:: I love Deoxys-Speed so much, y'all have no idea. Having the fastest Stealth Rock and Taunt in the game on its own is enough to make this a fantastic lead, but it also retained Spikes! Plus, any Scale Shot Koraidon hoping to get cheeky with it can easily get Psycho Boosted to death, which also beautifully counter-leads Ribombee no matter the set.

:eternatus:: Eternatus got Meteor Beam back. The Agility set is my new favorite set in the entire tier. It is THE ultimate cleaner in this tier in my opinion; if you haven't tried it out, you're missing out.

:arceus-water:: mitana showed me the light. This thing actually has pretty damn good defensive utility, checking Koraidon, Zacian, Dusk Mane, Ho-Oh, Groundceus, Kyogre, Calyrex-Ice, and Kingambit, thanks to its mono-Water typing, good physical bulk, and Will-O-Wisp. Obviously it gets shit on by Miraidon but being able to check all of these good and/or prominent Pokemon is quite good to have in one slot.

:kyogre:: I'm not sure what it is about Kyogre, but it just feels worse in this meta than it did in DLC1? Which is weird because it theoretically should be better, as it matches up well into Ho-Oh and Dusk Mane. I'm guessing it's the lightning fast pace of the tier that makes Kyogre not as good, so I believe that when the meta settles down a bit, Kyogre will rise again.

:arceus:: This thing can still revenge kill or force a Tera Ghost out of Scale Shot Koraidon and can now do the same with Deoxys-Attack, so it's definitely not bad. Problem is, it doesn't exactly matchup well into Zacian, Dusk Mane, or Ho-Oh, so it's definitely not as good. It's still good, because Extreme Killer will always be good, but I feel like it's B+ at best right now.

:lunala:: I feel like this thing may be able to pull off certain sets decently. Shadow Shield is a pretty neat ability and it even has Moonlight in the Koraidon tier. Could maybe be an interesting scarfer or defensive Pokemon, but only time will tell.

:arceus-ghost:: Could maybe see this thing acting as a rocker that can counter-lead Deoxys-Speed, but that's pretty niche and I see no reason to use this thing defensively when Lunala exists.

:kyurem-black:: Kyurem-Black is good and y'all are haters, it may be a Tera hog but it's a damn good Tera hog. It has BoltBeam coverage which is of course excellent, can Tera Electric out of its Steel and Fairy weakness and get STAB on Fusion Bolt, meaning it's not cockblocked by Dusk Mane anymore and can blow straight through it. Also, it benefits from Miraidon's Electric Terrain which is super neat. I like this mon a lot and I am hoping y'all will see the light one day.

:kingambit:: To be honest, I actually think this thing got better with the onset of DLC2. As mentioned, the three good Fairy-types got worse because of Dusk Mane and Ho-Oh, so there's less splashable Dark resists. Plus, it of course shits on Dusk Mane, which is good. It's mainly that it doesn't exactly have the easiest time setting up that hinders it.

:terapagos-terastal:: I have no idea how to rank this, it's completely unviable without Tera and decent with it. For the time being I'm plopping it in C+.

:zamazenta-crowned:: I could MAYBE see use as a counter to Dragon Dance Dusk Mane, Zacian, Kingambit, and Extreme Killer, but it seems inconsistent at best and hates Eternatus and Waterceus.

Last edited:
View attachment 580743

Here's a brief overview of the meta as I've experienced thus far. A- rank and above are sorted based on their overall viability, while all ranks below A- are sorted alphabetically. The Typeless Arceus in D rank is a placeholder for all the various Shitceus forms because Arceus knows I ain't gonna put all of them here lmao. Of course, since the meta is still super new, it's super favorable to hyper offense and every other style is pretty bad, but I feel this tier is quite unique in how that's accomplished.

Here's some comments I have about Pokemon whose placement I find notable, as well as why I put them in the place I did.

:koraidon:: I was debating on whether to put this as the overall best mon or the second best, but given how the meta is just significantly more favorable to Scale Shot Koraidon than ever before, I couldn't put it anywhere lower than the top spot. The reintroduction of both Necrozma-Dusk-Mane and Ho-Oh hurts the viability of Zacian-Crowned, Arceus-Fairy, and Flutter Mane, meaning that you can't really block Scale Shot like you could in DLC1.

:necrozma-dusk-mane:: The most impactful returning Pokemon in DLC2, bar none. It can still do everything a team could want it to and it still does it consistently. Dragon Dance sets are worse off this gen thanks to Scarf Koraidon and Miraidon, but those sets are still very good. Dusk Mane Necrozma also benefits a great deal from Tera and it really cannot be placed below A+.

:deoxys-speed:: I love Deoxys-Speed so much, y'all have no idea. Having the fastest Stealth Rock and Taunt in the game on its own is enough to make this a fantastic lead, but it also retained Spikes! Plus, any Scale Shot Koraidon hoping to get cheeky with it can easily get Psycho Boosted to death, which also beautifully counter-leads Ribombee no matter the set.

:eternatus:: Eternatus got Meteor Beam back. The Agility set is my new favorite set in the entire tier. It is THE ultimate cleaner in this tier in my opinion; if you haven't tried it out, you're missing out.

:deoxys-attack:: I haven't gotten around to testing Deoxys-Attack yet, but it's definitely a ferocious offensive Pokemon. Psycho Boost from this monster drops anything that doesn't resist it. Even defensive Ho-Oh doesn't really wanna take it, and Ho-Oh is of course deathly afraid of getting hit by Knock Off. This thing can mix up its coverage based on its team's needs, and in that sense it's a better Mewtwo. Plus, it gets the jump on Zacian, which means we finally have a reliable, unscarfed revenge killer to a chipped Zacian.

:kyogre:: I'm not sure what it is about Kyogre, but it just feels worse in this meta than it did in DLC1? Which is weird because it theoretically should be better, as it matches up well into Ho-Oh and Dusk Mane. I'm guessing it's the lightning fast pace of the tier that makes Kyogre not as good, so I believe that when the meta settles down a bit, Kyogre will rise again.

:ho-oh:: As sad as I am to say it, Ho-Oh was very much overhyped going into DLC2. As we all know (or if you didn't before, then now you do) Ho-Oh lost Defog, Toxic, and Thunder Wave, depriving it of a lot of utility that this tier would very much appreciate, especially Defog. Don't get me wrong, Ho-Oh is still great, as checking Koraidon, Zacian, and Dusk Mane are all great qualities, and forcing Stone Edge on Dragon Dance Groundceus and Power Gem on Flutter Mane to actually kill Ho-Oh is valuable. However, without Defog, it's nowhere near as good as we all hoped.

:arceus-ground:: As mentioned, Ho-Oh's mere existence forces Dragon Dance sets to run Stone Edge, (or if you really wanna get extreme, Gravity) gimping its already kinda cramped moveset, and most likely will make special variants, such as Calm Mind, much rarer. Despite that, Groundceus is obviously still a fantastic Pokemon, checking Miraidon, Zacian-Crowned, Eternatus, Kingambit, and the reintroduced Dusk Mane.

:arceus:: This thing can still revenge kill Scale Shot Koraidon and can now do the same with Deoxys-Attack, so it's definitely not bad. Problem is, it doesn't exactly matchup well into Zacian, Dusk Mane, or Ho-Oh, so it's definitely not as good. It's still good, because Extreme Killer will always be good, but I feel like it's A- at best right now.

:kingambit:: To be honest, I actually think this thing got better with the onset of DLC2. As mentioned, the three good Fairy-types got worse because of Dusk Mane and Ho-Oh, so there's less splashable Dark resists. Plus, it of course shits on Dusk Mane, which is good.

:arceus-water:: mitana showed me the light. This thing actually has pretty damn good defensive utility, checking Koraidon, Zacian, Dusk Mane, Ho-Oh, Groundceus, Kyogre, Calyrex-Ice, and Kingambit, thanks to its mono-Water typing, good physical bulk, and Will-O-Wisp. Obviously it gets shit on by Miraidon but being able to check all of these good and/or prominent Pokemon is quite good to have in one slot.

:lunala:: I feel like this thing may be able to pull off certain sets decently. Shadow Shield is a pretty neat ability and it even has Moonlight in the Koraidon tier. Could maybe be an interesting scarfer or defensive Pokemon, but only time will tell.

:clodsire:: I was totally smoking some crack when I made this tier list a couple hours ago, why the fuck did I put Clodsire in B-? This thing isn't as good as before, sure, but it's definitely still a good Pokemon and absolutely not B- caliber. Should be higher, somewhere around B.

:kyurem-black:: Kyurem-Black is good and y'all are haters, it may be a Tera hog but it's a damn good Tera hog. It has BoltBeam coverage which is of course excellent, can Tera Electric out of its Steel and Fairy weakness and get STAB on Fusion Bolt, meaning it's not cockblocked by Dusk Mane anymore and can blow straight through it. Also, it benefits from Miraidon's Electric Terrain which is super neat. I like this mon a lot and I am hoping y'all will see the light one day.

:tirtouga: (placeholder sprite for Terapagos): I have no idea how to rank this, it's completely unviable without Tera and decent with it. For the time being I'm plopping it in C+.

:arceus-ghost:: Could maybe see this thing acting as a rocker that can counter-lead Deoxys-Speed, but that's pretty niche and I see no reason to use this thing defensively when Lunala exists.

:zamazenta-crowned:: I could MAYBE see use as a counter to Dragon Dance Dusk Mane, Zacian, Kingambit, and Extreme Killer, but it seems inconsistent at best and hates Eternatus and Ho-Oh.
My trick room duskmane on the back aint letting kyurem live with earthquake...

Red Raven

I COULD BE BANNED!
my-image.png

One thing about this personal vr of mine is it's more of, if you want a certain role for a team, what are the first mons you'd consider, rather then simply what are the most easy to slap on a team mon

:Koraidon: the undisputed king of the tier. Really only runs two sets, scarf or scale shot, and it very strong with just these two sets. The fall of the fairies has only benefited it and it’s showing. Every time this clicks sd, you almost immediately have to give a response, namely tera fairy. Speaking of the fall of fairies, it even got temper flare so recklessly switching in your fairy type to block scale shot just might burn it alive. Assuming I understood how temper flare works because it says it doubles damage the last move failed to affect each target. It can even go double speed gear with both scale shot and flame charge. Either way, this is the best mon in the tier and in my experience, the only thing that stop it from just sweeping entire teams is a timely tera fairy. In short, this pokemon is so influential it’s almost like the Yamaha YZR500

:miraidon: is almost as good as Koraidon. If only it got nasty plot. In fact, it should have nasty plot. Why tf does Koraidon get both bulk up and swords dance while Miraidon only gets calm mind. Hello? Gamefreak? Favoritism much? Anyway, agility calm mind is still a terrifying sweeper especially since it’s better to use electric seed now over lefties. Scarf sets can be really good if you really need speed control and you wanna use something other than scarf Koraidon. Although, I really don’t know how specs fares these days with Ho oh’s return

:necrozma-dusk-mane: is undoutably the single most influential of all the returning mons. It’s still as obnoxious defensively especially since it’s best check is literally itself and it still has knock off for god knows why. Offensively, it can be terrifying. Sd trick room is really nasty and it has the bulk to take a super effective hit especially with its ability. Bulky dd also appears every now and then and it’s also strong. All of these and it’s still able to check threats like extreme killer, Calyrex, and above all, Zacian. Although, it does lose to Koraidon but really, what pokemon doesn’t lose to Koraidon

:ho-oh: is this good in my opinion. People think it has lost some value with it losing defog, toxic, and thunder wave, but really, it doesn’t matter. The most important part is that it still checks fairies and is a powerful somewhat mixed wall. Now Fucker Mane has to use power gem and Zacian has to run wild charge or neither are ever breaking past Ho oh. I also haven’t seen much of calm mind Arceus ground nor of Arceus fairy, which in part is thanks to Ho oh. It still dies to edgequake Arceus ground though and it’s a fragile check to both bikes but at the very least, the bikes cannot mindlessly spam one of their stabs

:arceus::calyrex-ice: are what I consider as safety nets in the tier right now. Calyrex is often such a scary pokemon to face. One trick room and if you’re not prepared, you will lose half your team. Even the obvious tera fire doesn’t make it that less scarier to deal with. Fortunately, you can taunt but it doesn’t matter. It still has a 120 base damage ice stab coming off from its 160 something attack stat. Arceus is a similar deal. I thought it might fall off with Necrozma’s return but it doesn’t matter. It just earthquakes anyway. Perhaps what is most interesting about both is how they are both such massive threats to web teams

:deoxys-speed: one of the best leads in the tier imo. Taunt, psycho boost, spikes, and it does its job especially with how hazard removal is very rare. I would have ranked it S- because it would be a near automatic addition to any hyper offense but the fact that it has to burn tera to use tera dark against Grimmsnarl is what really stops me. You have other ways to deal with it of course like just using fucking Zacian but as a standalone pokemon in its role, it has such a massive flaw

:eternatus: is often a mandatory poison type so you don’t autolose to toxic spikes. With its regained access to meteor beam and how Zacian has been knocked down several pegs, agility Eternatus can really be one of the most annoying things you can face. Like with Koraidon, a timely tera is often your only recourse especially since it prefers fire blast to roast Necrozma. However, relying on meteor beam can be risky due to the charge turn. Defensively, it still does the same shit it always does. Deal with Kyogre, absorb tspikes, spam dragon tail, etc

:arceus-ground: between it and extreme killer, I’m not really sure which one is the better Arceus foright now. Extreme killer is a strong safety net but Arceus ground is so damn deadly with dragon dance. That ground type is also key in preventing Miraidon from mindlessly spamming electric moves. Aside from that, there’s really not that many flaws about this pokemon

:deoxys-attack: with its crazy high offenses, really only held back by such a pitiful fighting and the fact that it’s so polarizing. It can either be the scariest pokemon on the field or dead weight and no in between. As much as I love this, its frailty and heavy prediction reliant nature prevents me from ranking it higher but facing this thing, it can really be nasty if they get predictions right

:zacian-crowned: oh how the mighty have fallen and good. This stupid rabid dog pisses me off. Finally, we have a leash to tie it down. With Ho oh and Necrozma, it can really struggle a lot. Outspeeding the bikes and being such a massive headache for hyper offense is nice but its weaknesses is now far more pronounced

:kyogre: just the old whale doing whale stuff. It’s still annoying because Koraidon can’t mindlessly remove the rain but with Ho oh back in conjunction with King Koraidon, Kyogre has one more thing it has to deal with. Although, bulky tera fairy Kyogre is one of the best checks to Koraidon, assuming you don’t lose the weather wars and Kyogre has a pretty positive matchup against Ho oh and Necrozma

:flutter mane: how I hoped this would fall but why the fuck does this thing get power gem? I don’t get it and I never will. At least it’s not significantly easier to deal with and can struggle more against Eternatus and Clodsire if it doesn’t run psyshock. It’s still really strong but often times, knowing three of the four moves it would run makes it easier to deal with

:grimmsnarl: for just one reason, screens. I feel it would be unfair to rank it lower with how reliable it sets up screens then its weakness policy spamming teammates go to town. Unbeatable? Nah but it doesn’t change the fact it’s still good at its job

:skeledirge: got its ass slapped hard with Necrozma’s return but aside from that scary photon geyser, it’s still genuinely a good pokemon. Anything that doesn’t instantly lose to Koraidon will always be a good pokemon in this tier. That’s how influental that damn bike is. Kyurem Black and Zekrom does shit it on every day of the week but those aren’t that common

:zekrom: probably an odd one to put here but for me, anything that shits on stall will always be good. Stop wasting our time on the ladder god fucking damn it. Also, dragon dance + scale shot + loaded dice is based. Guaranteed nothing will revenge kill aside from extreme killer

:giratina-origin: and this is only this high because it’s literally the only hazard removal that doesn’t suck balls and its poltergeists can really be annoying not to mention tera steel sets is the one thing that can counter that damn horserider. It doesn’t get more useful than that but it has a decent place

:groudon: has fallen off imo. I think it would be more decent once the tier settles down from the slugfest but until then, I’ll put it here. It’s a somewhat decent answer to physical threats because it can wisp and if they tera fire, they die. Although, with the sheer number of physical threats especially that Yamaha YZR500, this thing can struggle

:arceus-fairy: oh how this has fallen and I love it. This was the one pokemon I hated the most in the tier and I have seen it only once or twice since the DLC dropped. Good. Fuck this thing. May all fairies fall and dragons reign supreme

:zamazenta-crowned: as odd as this may be, I have found a rather decent place for it on certain hyper offense teams, namely on Deoxys teams. These teams can often struggle with Zacian, Necrozma, Calyrex, and extreme killer, and what pokemon can delay all of them? That’s right, this dog. This one is a good boi and should be given belly rubs. It does compete with Necrozma for the role of checking those things but often times, Necrozma won’t be enough especially if you’re using an offensive one. Just don’t rely on this boi too much because it still loses to Koraidon, just like every physical wall that isn’t named Skeledirge, and can realistically beat only one of these threats

:ting-lu: is still the best check to Miraidon when all is said and done and it can even check offensive Necrozma. However, it can be a bit passive and of course, it instantly loses to Koraidon, a big downside. On the other hand, it’s lack of reliance on a stab move means it can somewhat deal with Ho oh, as long as not in a prolonged battle, and spamming ruination is always helpful

:lunala: while I hate to say it, can be highly inconsistent. Agility meteor beam with moonblast and moongeist beam for the bikes is strong but it can really be fucked over easily. I have to test further but from all the results I’ve had thus far, it can struggle a bit as a sweeper over more reliable ones like, I dunno, Koraidon

:kyurem-black: is just budget Zekrom to me imo. I just don’t see any good reason to use it over Zekrom. Although, I haven’t seen Necrozma run its steel stab so this may be decent and it has bolt beam with scale shot. I’ll have to test this more but thus far, Zekrom has been doing the near exact same job just fine

:ribombee: this is probably a bit harsh to put it here but with Deoxys and Grimmsnarl or hyper offense teams, it can struggle to get webs up while bulky offense and balance teams will have ways not to autolose to webs, most likely trick room or extreme killer

:arceus-water: probably the only Arceus form that doesn’t suck that much. The biggest advantage is that it can completely smash Ho oh while dealing with Necrozma fairly well. Tera fire is also risky because judgment is water type. It would also be a good Zacian check but with how it now runs wild charge, yeah, not anymore. That’s why it’s this low. If Zacian wasn’t running wild charge like 80% of the time, this would be higher because this is the best defensive Arceus by far. I mean, you lose to Miraidon but the only ones that don’t lose to Miraidon are ground, grass, and electric. It’s kinda a tall order

:arceus-ghost: is a rather peculiar mon right now. Ghost resists isn’t that common which means it can really go to town and it reliably spread burns. I don’t think its anything special which is why it’s this low. If you’re using this, you’re not using one of the better Arceus forms

:clodsire::gliscor: I think both are not really that good right now. In a tier dominated by Koraidon, these mons just fail to do anything. Gliscor is still as obnoxious as ever but that’s just it, obnoxious. Aside from being a hazard machine, it’s simply too weak offensively and can get taken advantage of by weakness policy Necrozma. Clodsire is even worse and the best use I found is to deliberately weaken Miraidon from draco meteor to take advantage of it. It also loses to calm mind Kyogre if not running toxic so, there’s that

:rayquaza::mewtwo:

I just put them here because I haven’t seen them at all since the DLC dropped but I feel they can still be decent, mainly on webs. Just haven’t experienced enough to make a definitive opinion

:terapagos: long story short, too much of a tera hog and its ability works literally only on the turn it teras and not after, according to bulbapedia. This thing is ass

:toxapex::landorus-therian: were some mons you used to see in the previous meta but I haven’t seem them since, makes sense since they’re both ass right now

Last edited:
Wanted to share the viability rankings I put together with my friends, DonBoneJones and Zest of Life (sorry I am dumb I don't know how to tag users in a Smogon post), but I've been laddering for the past 2-3 weeks, and am sitting about 14th on the ladder (as ghetto fab) if that means my opinion has anything more, Don's been laddering with me and Zest has been building all the fire ass teams.

UbersVR.png

For the explanations, we recorded the whole thing and posted it to YouTube, check it out! (Yes, my mic cut out halfway through because my dumbass forgot to unmute on OBS, and yes I shamelessly clickbaited the video with the thumbnail)

Here's the video:

Wanted to share the viability rankings I put together with my friends, DonBoneJones and Zest of Life (sorry I am dumb I don't know how to tag users in a Smogon post), but I've been laddering for the past 2-3 weeks, and am sitting about 14th on the ladder (as ghetto fab) if that means my opinion has anything more, Don's been laddering with me and Zest has been building all the fire ass teams.

View attachment 608274

For the explanations, we recorded the whole thing and posted it to YouTube, check it out! (Yes, my mic cut out halfway through because my dumbass forgot to unmute on OBS, and yes I shamelessly clickbaited the video with the thumbnail)

Here's the video:
I wouldn't say that :kingambit: is completely unviable here when you are putting things like :clodsire: on B tier.
:kingambit: can still be very threatening in this tier due to the lower number of dark resists, and with prior damage, tera dark 5 fainted sucker punch can blast through the few resists too. plus it walls many variants of :arceus: and thats a bonus.
:clodsire: does not belong in B, it is just setup fodder for so many of the tiers premier threats like offensive :necrozma-dusk mane: :calyrex-ice: and threatened offensively by pokemon such as the ones i have mentioned above, :Ho-Oh: :gliscor: (it lets it freely set spikes.) gets its ass destroyed by :deoxys-attack: and more. it does counter :kyogre: variants and somewhat checks miraidon so c- would be better for it.
:Arceus-Dark: is literally my beloved, it does have a bad matchup against the tiers most used physical attackers like :koraidon: and :Zacian-crowned: so thats a downside, but stab plate boosted foul play is really neat and it can also wall most :Necrozma-dusk mane:
And no, :blissey: is not even close to b tier, cant even beat :miraidon: without tera smh
:Kyurem-black: is still really good on screens Hyper offense teams with the loaded dice tera electric sets as 170 attack is really high and pairs nicely with dragon dance, and fusion bolt makes it able to hit :Necrozma-dusk mane: would put it in B-
Btw i would put :skarmory: above :corviknight: as skarm walls gliscor and can set spikes, can wall or counter more physical threats with its higher bulk and stuff.
thats all i have to say for now.
I can say this as zest was also the one that cooked my teams, including a anti webs team with NDM and Caly-ice.

S Rank
S

:koraidon: :necrozma-dusk-mane: :miraidon:

A Rank

A+
:arceus-fairy: :arceus-ground: :ho-oh: :zacian-crowned: :arceus:

A

:arceus-water: :gliscor: :kyogre:

A-
:eternatus: :ting-lu: :calyrex-ice:

B Rank

B+
:chien-pao::deoxys-attack::flutter-mane::glimmora: :ribombee:

B

:giratina-origin::deoxys-speed::iron-bundle::kyurem-black::landorus-therian::rayquaza::lunala:

B-

:arceus-ghost::blissey::grimmsnarl: :groudon::skeledirge: :arceus-dark::orthworm: :ditto::dondozo:

C Rank
C+
:zekrom: :clodsire: :mewtwo::toxapex: :corviknight::kingambit::arceus-poison::iron-treads:

C
:alomomola::walking-wake: :giratina::gothitelle::skarmory::sneasler:

C-

:great-tusk::ursaluna-bloodmoon::cresselia::hatterene::arceus-grass::chi-yu::ursaluna:

D (I'm putting a more personal one compared to the official threads "D by Ubers default" because I do think some have niches but very hyper specific/gimmicky or not downright awful)

:necrozma-dawn-wings: :urshifu: :zacian: :dialga::dialga-origin: :palkia-origin::tyranitar::excadrill::samurott-hisui::arceus-fighting:
I can understand for most the members, but Zacian hero and origin dialga? an item slot is usually better than the origin forme on dialga in my opinion. Zacian hero has I choice scarf set I guess?
I think giratina-o can be ranked higher, since it can provide priority with shadow sneak, kill gliscor with hex, be literally the only real defogger in the tier that can not be passive as hell, and deal damage with high BP moves. sure it does have bad bikes matchup but tera steel also counters trick room NDM so thats a plus, I believe it should be B+.
I don't see how orthworm is at the same rank as my boi Groudon...
Zacian-crowned should be in A tier, it is very strained on moves after the nerf (come on ya cowards unerf it dammit) and Ho-oh can easily threaten it (assuming its not at +3 with wild charge) and force it out, phaze it out or just burn it too, the dominance of miraidon increasing groundceus usage does not make it better. scarf korai is everywhere so that's another thing...
waterceus has bad miraidon matchup, and the fact that sun is up so often does not help it, a free switch to an S tier mon does not deserve a, A- is better.
just my opinion but I still hope you can see this.

1713007274769.png

Only S, A+ and A rank is ordered. C rank mons are things I think have a small niche in the tier, but are so small/mostly covered by other mons. D rank is unviable shit (in my opinion)

Also, since I cannot tell some of the different images of the arcues forms apart, heres the rankings for those.
A+: Normal, Ground
A: Water, Fairy
B-: Dark, Ghost, Electric
C: Fire, Fighting, Grass, Steel, Poison
D: Every other form

View attachment 624138

Only S, A+ and A rank is ordered. C rank mons are things I think have a small niche in the tier, but are so small/mostly covered by other mons. D rank is unviable shit (in my opinion)

Also, since I cannot tell some of the different images of the arcues forms apart, heres the rankings for those.
A+: Normal, Ground
A: Water, Fairy
B-: Dark, Ghost, Electric
C: Fire, Fighting, Grass, Steel, Poison
D: Every other form
There is no way that kyurem white is anywhere near b rank, me personally thinks this deserves the be in c or d rank.
Ting-Lu should be at A-, if you are not using ting lu you are probably playing hyper offense, or you are using a team that will just die to miraidon.
Rayquaza is frail by ubers standards, is stopped by many tier staples in the tier and cannot find many opportunities to set up, I'd say this thing is B tier. also it is mostly a hyper offense mon. Arceus water is not great, it provides a super free switch into miraidon a lot and ice beam will limit its versatility, it has its merits but its ultimately not a tier but a-.
Kyogre provides a really safe switch into many of the tier staples right now, and its massive special attack means its not a very free switch for koraidon either, and by using it, it can deactivate sun and spread status, and you don't even have to use an arceus forme for it too, so I'd say its A+.
Zacian is not really as good as it has been before due to the influx of Ho-Oh usage and groundceus usage and scarf koraidon running around, moving it down a tier would be more fitting.
that's all my opinion, except for kyurem white that thing is ass.
EDIT: iron bundle should be B tier, or B-, that thing has the power to out speed almost everything under electric terrain and OHKO the bikes, ice master made it to number 1 with it.

There is no way that kyurem white is anywhere near b rank, me personally thinks this deserves the be in c or d rank.
Ting-Lu should be at A-, if you are not using ting lu you are probably playing hyper offense, or you are using a team that will just die to miraidon.
Rayquaza is frail by ubers standards, is stopped by many tier staples in the tier and cannot find many opportunities to set up, I'd say this thing is B tier. also it is mostly a hyper offense mon. Arceus water is not great, it provides a super free switch into miraidon a lot and ice beam will limit its versatility, it has its merits but its ultimately not a tier but a-.
Kyogre provides a really safe switch into many of the tier staples right now, and its massive special attack means its not a very free switch for koraidon either, and by using it, it can deactivate sun and spread status, and you don't even have to use an arceus forme for it too, so I'd say its A+.
Zacian is not really as good as it has been before due to the influx of Ho-Oh usage and groundceus usage and scarf koraidon running around, moving it down a tier would be more fitting.
that's all my opinion, except for kyurem white that thing is ass.
EDIT: iron bundle should be B tier, or B-, that thing has the power to out speed almost everything under electric terrain and OHKO the bikes, ice master made it to number 1 with it.
I ranked kyurem white in B- rank because when I used it with a choice scarf set, it was suprisingly good. C rank is things that have small niches and I think that kyurem white is barely above that. If I made a C+ rank, that's where it would go.
Ting lu I meant to put in A- rank, I guess the tier maker decided otherwise (it was finnicky to use, idk why).
Rayquazza is frail by ubers standards, yes, but it does have e-speed, which makes it a mini arceus. In fact, it could be paired with it. I think B+ rank is fair for it, its above kyurem black or giratina-o for me.
Arceus water, apart from the bad miraidon matchup, is a pretty good mon. Everything else in the tier it can take on, including koraidon, necrozma dusk mane, zacian and ho-oh. Thus, it lands itself in A rank.
I was considering rising kyogre up higher, but its true scariness is with scarf or specs, which are not the best in the hazard filled meta. Otherwise, its just a really good mon. I compare it to calyrex ice rider, really great, but has limiting factors that means it can't do all it seems to be able to do.
Besides Arceus Ground and Ho-oh, zacian is busted. It outspeeds the bikes and can hit most things super hard. Ho-oh can't take a +3 wild charge from it, so its not a true check. Arcues ground is potentially ohko'd by +3 behemoth blade. The only limiting factor of it is that it needs a turn to setup (which it can usually get due to its amazing typing) and inability to hold boots. That's a definite A+ rank for me.
I did consider Iron bundle being further up, but I didn't know somebody got to top one with it. I'd say B- rank for it.

I ranked kyurem white in B- rank because when I used it with a choice scarf set, it was suprisingly good. C rank is things that have small niches and I think that kyurem white is barely above that. If I made a C+ rank, that's where it would go.
Ting lu I meant to put in A- rank, I guess the tier maker decided otherwise (it was finnicky to use, idk why).
Rayquazza is frail by ubers standards, yes, but it does have e-speed, which makes it a mini arceus. In fact, it could be paired with it. I think B+ rank is fair for it, its above kyurem black or giratina-o for me.
Arceus water, apart from the bad miraidon matchup, is a pretty good mon. Everything else in the tier it can take on, including koraidon, necrozma dusk mane, zacian and ho-oh. Thus, it lands itself in A rank.
I was considering rising kyogre up higher, but its true scariness is with scarf or specs, which are not the best in the hazard filled meta. Otherwise, its just a really good mon. I compare it to calyrex ice rider, really great, but has limiting factors that means it can't do all it seems to be able to do.
Besides Arceus Ground and Ho-oh, zacian is busted. It outspeeds the bikes and can hit most things super hard. Ho-oh can't take a +3 wild charge from it, so its not a true check. Arcues ground is potentially ohko'd by +3 behemoth blade. The only limiting factor of it is that it needs a turn to setup (which it can usually get due to its amazing typing) and inability to hold boots. That's a definite A+ rank for me.
I did consider Iron bundle being further up, but I didn't know somebody got to top one with it. I'd say B- rank for it.
Choice scarf I'd definitely better on a mon like koraidon for your teams, as kyurem white is weak to rocks, a pretty free switch for Ho-Oh, dies to attacks thrown at it by tier staples like koraidon, miraidon and Necrozma dusk mane.
If you need a scarfer, koraidon is better as it has a pivoting move, and if you need a special scarfer for some reason, miraidon is just better.
Trick room NDM just clicks trick room on it for easy sweeps tbh.
there is a good reason its D tier on the VR rankings, I love the design of kyurem but still it sucks.
EDIT: Kyurem black should at least be the same rank as rayquaza, teravot allows it to break through stall easily and its significantly higher bulk is nice too. icicle spear is multihit, bypassing sash is great.

Last edited:
Choice scarf I'd definitely better on a mon like koraidon for your teams, as kyurem white is weak to rocks, a pretty free switch for Ho-Oh, dies to attacks thrown at it by tier staples like koraidon, miraidon and Necrozma dusk mane.
If you need a scarfer, koraidon is better as it has a pivoting move, and if you need a special scarfer for some reason, miraidon is just better.
Trick room NDM just clicks trick room on it for easy sweeps tbh.
there is a good reason its D tier on the VR rankings, I love the design of kyurem but still it sucks.
EDIT: Kyurem black should at least be the same rank as rayquaza, teravot allows it to break through stall easily and its significantly higher bulk is nice too. icicle spear is multihit, bypassing sash is great.
I do concede that kyurem white isn't the best, but it can be used alongside miraidon to form an especially powerful special offense core. Freeze dry in particular is amazing and the combo of fusion flare and earth power annihilates steel types such as zacian, which is two hit ko'd.
I've found kyurem black to be kinda underwhelming. It just isn't fast enough for the tier and being forced to use icicle spear and loaded dice isn't great. Again, considered it for the higher ranks, but it just doesn't offer enough. Rayquazza at least has e-speed on it to bypass its speed issue.

My maybe controversial tier list. All mons are ranked in order within tiers.

S Rank
S

:miraidon: Miraidon
:necrozma-dusk-mane: Necrozma Dusk Mane
:koraidon: Koraidon
A Rank
A+

:arceus-ground: Arceus-Ground
:arceus: Arceus
:zacian-crowned: Zacian-Crowned
:ho-oh: Ho-Oh

A

:kyogre: Kyogre
:arceus-fairy: Arceus-Fairy
:gliscor: Gliscor
:eternatus: Eternatus

A-

:arceus-water: Arceus-Water
:calyrex-ice: Calyrex-I
:ting-lu: Ting-Lu
:glimmora: Glimmora
B Rank
B+

:ribombee: Ribombee
:grimmsnarl: Grimmsnarl
:deoxys-speed: Deoxys-S
:clodsire: Clodsire
:iron-bundle: Iron Bundle
:giratina-origin: Giratina-O

B

:deoxys-attack: Deoxys-A
:kyurem-black: Kyurem-B
:flutter-mane: Flutter Mane
:rayquaza: Rayquaza
:chien-pao: Chien-Pao
:kingambit: Kingambit

B-

:corviknight: Corviknight
:landorus-therian: Landorus-T
:lunala: Lunala
:arceus-dark: Arceus-Dark
:skeledirge: Skeledirge
:zekrom: Zekrom
C Rank
C+

:iron-treads: Iron Treads
:hatterene: Hatterene
:orthworm: Orthworm
:toxapex: Toxapex
:smeargle: Smeargle
:ditto: Ditto
:chi-yu: Chi-Yu
:groudon: Groudon

C

:terapagos: Terapagos
:ursaluna-bloodmoon: Ursaluna-Blood-Moon
:sneasler: Sneasler
:giratina: Giratina-A
:alomomola: Alomomola
:blissey: Blissey
:arceus-ghost: Arceus-Ghost
:arceus-poison: Arceus-Poison

C-

:pecharunt: Pecharunt
:espathra: Espathra
:regieleki: Regieleki
:dialga-origin: Dialga-Origin
:great-tusk: Great Tusk
:arceus-fire: Arceus-Fire
:mewtwo: Mewtwo
:archaludon: Archaludon
D Rank
D

:annihilape: Annihilape
:arceus-bug: Arceus-Bug
:arceus-dragon: Arceus-Dragon
:arceus-electric: Arceus-Electric
:arceus-fighting: Arceus-Fighting
:arceus-flying: Arceus-Flying
:arceus-grass: Arceus-Grass
:arceus-ice: Arceus-Ice
:arceus-psychic: Arceus-Psychic
:arceus-rock: Arceus-Rock
:arceus-steel: Arceus-Steel
:baxcalibur: Baxcalibur
:deoxys: Deoxys-N
:dialga: Dialga
:gothitelle: Gothitelle
:kyurem-white: Kyurem-W
:landorus: Landorus
:lugia: Lugia
:magearna: Magearna
:necrozma-dawn-wings: Necrozma-DW
:ogerpon-hearthflame: Ogerpon-H
:palafin-hero: Palafin
:palkia: Palkia
:palkia-origin: Palkia-O
:reshiram: Reshiram
:shaymin-sky: Shaymin-S
:skarmory: Skarmory
:solgaleo: Solgaleo
:spectrier: Spectrier
:urshifu: Urshifu
:urshifu-rapid-strike: Urshifu-Rapid-Strike
:walking-wake: Walking Wake
:zacian: Zacian
:zamazenta-crowned: Zamazenta-Crowned

Last edited:

Nyx

Anyways - so then I cursed her.
is a Site Content Manageris a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Been playing a decent chunk again post-LR ban and wanted to write down some thoughts.
S Rank
:koraidon: Koraidon - Scarf Koraidon is the best mon in this tier. End sentence.
:necrozma-dusk-mane: Necrozma-Dusk-Mane
:miraidon: Miraidon - Incredibly stupid broken but not AS splashable as the first two. Please ban.

A+ Rank
:arceus-ground: Arceus-Ground - SpD Groundceus is the worst Pokémon we've ever had to use. Despite this it's still great
:arceus-fairy: Arceus-Fairy
:kyogre: Kyogre - It's prolly the 4th best mon in the tier but one of the Arcs feels more mandatory is all
:ho-oh: Ho-Oh - I didn't realise how broken this mon was till Legion got banned
:zacian-crowned: Zacian-Crowned

A Rank
:ting-lu: Ting-Lu - This thing being half as good as it is says enough about Miraidon
:arceus-water: Arceus-Water

A- Rank
:gliscor: Gliscor - Was always overrated, prolly will drop this further within 3 months
:arceus: Arceus - Blud fell off.
:calyrex-ice: Calyrex-Ice

B+ Rank
:arceus-dark: Arceus-Dark - Terra was right about this one, fuck Foul Play
:glimmora: Glimmora
:chien-pao: Chien-Pao
:eternatus: Eternatus - This mon is so mid. Why are we resorting to defensive Eternatus sets that do nothing. Agil sets are cool on paper but then you load into Fairyceus and piss your pants that your Poison type fails to 1v1 a Fairy type.

ALPHABETICAL AFTER HERE

B Rank

:arceus-ghost: Arceus-Ghost
:clodsire: Clodsire - CLODDERS
:corviknight: Corviknight - By far the best removal option in the tier rn, can also be a solid slow pivot which we also lack. Freeing up item slots on Kyogre and NDM is liberating
:deoxys-attack: Deoxys-Attack
:grimmsnarl: Grimmsnarl
:groudon: Groudon - I think he's cool, SD Spikes sets seem under explored
:flutter-mane: Flutter Mane - Yeah, she fell off. Still funny but less funny.
:kingambit: Kingambit - Swap any Legion on an old team for him, it works.
:kyurem-black: Kyurem-Black - God I hate Icicle Spear
:ribombee: Ribombee

B- Rank
:alomomola: Alomomola - Corviknight sans Defog but now with Regenerator
:arceus-grass: Arceus-Grass - CM GKnot sets are surprisingly annoying to deal with
:giratina-origin: Giratina-Origin - This mon stopped being good a long time ago. Defog on it is such a net negative, the phys Polter sets are deffo hard to deal with though
:iron-bundle: Iron Bundle
:landorus-therian: Landorus-Therian
:rayquaza: Rayquaza

C+ Rank
:deoxys-speed: Deoxys-Speed
:hatterene: Hatterene
:iron-treads: Iron Treads - Second best remover in the tier
:orthworm: Orthworm
:skeledirge: Skeledirge - If you've the balls to say they won't load SS Koraidon, load it.

C Rank
:chi-yu: Chi-Yu - fibh.
:dondozo: Dondozo
:great-tusk: Great Tusk
:hippowdon: Hippowdon - Possible copium Koraidon check?
:mewtwo: Mewtwo
:scream-tail: Scream Tail
:toxapex: Toxapex

C- Rank
:blissey: Blissey
:ditto: Ditto
:enamorus: Enamorus
:lunala: Lunala
:necrozma-dawn-wings: Necrozma-Dawn-Wings - Possible C rank, it's better than Lunala that's for sure, just dunno if Lunala is UR worthy
:skarmory: Skarmory
:sneasler: Sneasler
:ursaluna: Ursaluna

D Rank
:annihilape: Annihilape
:arceus-bug: Arceus-Bug
:arceus-dragon: Arceus-Dragon
:arceus-electric: Arceus-Electric
:arceus-fighting: Arceus-Fighting
:arceus-fire: Arceus-Fire
:arceus-flying: Arceus-Flying
:arceus-ice: Arceus-Ice
:arceus-poison: Arceus-Poison
:arceus-psychic: Arceus-Psychic
:arceus-rock: Arceus-Rock
:arceus-steel: Arceus-Steel
:archaludon: Archaludon
:baxcalibur: Baxcalibur
:deoxys: Deoxys-Normal
:dialga: Dialga
:dialga-origin: Dialga-Origin
:espathra: Espathra
:giratina: Giratina-Altered
:kyurem-white: Kyurem-White
:landorus: Landorus
:lugia: Lugia
:magearna: Magearna
:ogerpon-hearthflame: Ogerpon-Hearthflame
:palafin-hero: Palafin
:palkia: Palkia
:palkia-origin: Palkia-Origin
:regieleki: Regieleki
:reshiram: Reshiram
:shaymin-sky: Shaymin-Sky
:solgaleo: Solgaleo
:spectrier: Spectrier
:terapagos: Terapagos
:ursaluna-bloodmoon: Ursaluna-Bloodmoon
:urshifu: Urshifu
:urshifu-rapid-strike: Urshifu-Rapid-Strike
:zacian: Zacian
:zamazenta-crowned: Zamazenta-Crowned
:zekrom: Zekrom

Red Raven

I COULD BE BANNED!
the difference between the opinions of players are insane... some say gliscor is B+ or A-, while others say C tier.
one says zekrom is B, while another says its unviable trash.
I wonder why tbh.
Because it's personal VR. It all comes down to preferred playstyle and experience with certain pokemon and of course, biases. For your Zekrom example, some players may have experimented or encountered it and found a specific yet strong niche for it and can perform consistently in that niche while others may not have even tried or done as much. The same goes for Gliscor. The only real Smogon wide consensus is that Koraidon's the best mon period and second place's up for grabs between Necrozma or Miraidon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)