Battle Stadium [SV Series 2] Kinda struggling with this offensive team

I built this team for the current Battle Stadium Single Battles (Series 2), I wanted to use some of my faves and make them be able to counter most of what's currently meta. The team seems fine on paper, but trying it on showdown, I just can't seem to get any higher in the ladder. My win rate with this team is at a solide 1/3 battles and I'm unsure if I'm to blame or if the team has an issue I can't see. If the team is fine, I would also appreciate some strategy pointers (like how would you use your team maybe?).

Sylveon @ Throat Spray
Ability: Pixilate
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Tera Blast
- Protect
- Quick Attack

One of my main leads, I chose this Sylveon's setup because it is quite strong on it's own and Assault Vest helps it live off a hit that it will likely take due to it's slow speed. The threat of Hyper Voice makes most people leading with meta mons switch out and take damage, quick attack has saved me quite a few times and then Tera Blast is pretty much the classic counter to Scizor or Breloom which have been my main issues in the past.

Annihilape @ Leftovers
Ability: Defiant
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Rage Fist
- Bulk Up
- Taunt

This is my lead against teams that seem to like to setup or stall with statuses. Using the combination of Bulk Up and Taunt I hope to make my opponents attack me more to boost up the power of Rage Fist.

Dragonite @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Multiscale
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Ice Spinner

Thanks to Multiscale, my hopes with this Dragonite is to pull off a Dragon Dance and then sweep with Extreme Speed. Chose Dragon Claw over Outrage because I felt it puts my dragonite in a less precarious condition if I need to use it, and fire punch is to deal with threats like Scizor if there's no Sylveon on the team. I haven't tried leading with this as much because I've seen it work well as a revenge killer but I haven't actually gotten decent results with it.

Meowscarada @ Choice Band
Ability: Protean
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flower Trick
- Knock Off
- Play Rough
- U-turn

The rest of the team's members were picked not only because I liked them but because I thought I needed them to deal with some threats. Grass Tera Flower Trick seems really strong on it's own and it's also an excellent switch-in to someone leading with Breloom, since their main counter to Sylveon is usually using spore on it which Meowscarada is immune to, and it can live a Bullet Punch *and* knock out the Breloom with Grass Tera Play Rough. Since it's choice banded it usually outspeeds Flutter Mane which it can OHKO with Knock Off

Iron Hands @ Assault Vest
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Wild Charge
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam

Pretty powerful and bulky switch-in, Drain Punch helps keep it alive and Thunder Punch usually surprises mons like Corviknight. Earthquake is to counter stuff like Clodsire and there's Heavy Slam for Flutter Mane if I'm not picking meowscarada.

Iron Bundle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Ice
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Flip Turn

Also a good switch, it outspeeds Flutter Mane too and it's moveset helps it with stuff the rest of my team can't, like Dondozo, Dragonite and Skeledirge.

All of this seems good on paper, but I really can't seem to make good use of it in practice and I'm stumped. I don't want to replace pokemon, but I have tried to switch out a few moves and none have really helped, so I wish to know if there's a better strategy I can employ with this team and if there are some moveset adjustements I can do to make it less bad?
Thank you!

Protect isn't normally useful in singles. I've seen Outrage DNite, but I think EQ is better than Dragon Claw cause you are totally walled by steels atm. Given that steels can wall Meowscarada too, I wouldn't want no way to hit them w/ DNite.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)