Project PU Creative & Underrated Sets

I expected someone to post this, but since no one did, here I am.

1680874371897.png

Floragato @ Life Orb / Choice Band
Ability: Protean
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Petal Blizzard
- Play Rough / Low Kick
- Sucker Punch

Fast breaker, has access to protean, can break past some leads with Play Rough and Low kick, and has a pretty good speed stat. Its also one point faster than than gabite and lycanroc :bellipog: Sucker punch is a good panic button against some sweepers and scarfers, too.

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Only Perrserker set is Stealth Rock? Gross, let's fix that:

Perrserker @ Choice Band
Ability: Tough Claws
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Seed Bomb

The idea with this set is pretty simple. Come in, click a move, KO something... or U-turn on something. Seed Bomb claps Quaxwell and random Tera Water Pokemon, like Gabite and Tinkatuff. Tera Fighting Tough Claws Close Combat is a nuke and a half if you really hate something and want it gone. Max Speed lets you outspeed most uninvested defensive Pokemon and Adamant cranks up your power more

Perrserker @ Assault Vest / Heavy-Duty Boots
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Close Combat

This uses Perrserker's Steel typing to take multiple resisted hits over a game while still dishing out good damage. Tough Claws Fake Out is surprisingly strong for a free hit and can revenge kill weakened sweepers before they can hit you for damage. Everything else is business as usual from the Choice Band set. Seed Bomb is left off here as it lacks the power to 2HKO physically defensive Quaxwell without a boost and Close Combat is a much more free move to throw out. Assault Vest gives a necessary boost to Perrserker's special bulk, but HDB is a fine alternative due to the ubiquity of entry hazards.

Imma be honest: I really don't like the straightforward Adaptability set for :Basculin:Basculin. Gaining maximum power thanks to adapt+terastallization sounds tantalizing, but the multipliers really don't appeal me: on an Adaptability mon, tera gives a boost which is comparable to a Muscle Band (one of the saddest items ever made) and moreover you're meant to exploit a recoil move (Wave Crash) which for sure helps you to nuke some stuff, but pretty soon it forces you to say goodbye to the mon that you've just tera'd, as you lose a significant amount of HP.
Thus you can never run a Life Orb, but you have to use a Choice Band (being choice-locked is exploitable) or the Mystic Water (the boost is significantly smaller and it doesn't affect coverage moves) and sometimes you have to rely on the old Liquidation if you need more longevity, which is obviously less powerful than Wave Crash.
Reckless sets are interesting, but the recoil problem remains.
The ability that I like the most is Rock Head, with the following set:
:Sv/basculin-blue-striped:
Basculin-Blue-Striped @ Life Orb
Ability: Rock Head
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Wave Crash
- Aqua Jet
- Ice Beam
- Head Smash

Ignoring the removal of Flip Turn and considering that terastallization makes up for the absence of Adaptability, this set is imho an upgrade of the past gens Basculin, which was already problematic in some old metas (it got even banned once): using a no-drawbacks Wave Crash is almost comparable to a Choice Band Liquidation and you can still exploit an item like the Life Orb, increasing your damage output with a fairer price than WC recoil for both water and non-water moves.
In many cases, even if you tera this mon turn 1, you won't get any disadvantage in my opinion.

Wave Crash of course is your main source of damage;
Aqua Jet is useful priority for non-tera'd Dugtrio :dugtrio: or Scarf Pyroar :pyroar: for example;
Ice Beam helps you with some specific stuff like Gabite :gabite: (the offensive set gets OHKOed and you deal lots of damage to the utility one), Dartrix :dartrix:, Leafeon :leafeon:, Flapple :flapple:...
I prefer it over Ice Fang because you avoid Rough Skin and those grass types are generally more physically defensive. 95% accuracy is always sneaky;
Finally Head Smash is a move that you generally never click, usable in some particular situations like needing an extra kick for a ~30% Quaxwell :quaxwell:, killing a Vespiquen :vespiquen:, getting rid of a sp.def Zweilous :zweilous: damaged by a previous Wave Crash or OHKOing (after SR) a Cacturne :cacturne: (especially if it's tera water). I stress again: the only drawback here is the accuracy, not the recoil.

In conclusion, I think that granting more longevity and fewer constraints to your Basculin :basculin-blue-striped: is very viable, even if you don't reach the maximum theoretical damage output.
If you click a banded-tera-adapt Wave Crash and the opponent switches into its utility Gabite :gabite:, you still don't kill it and you have to attack it again so losing 40%+12.5%+12.5%=65% HP (recoil+rough skin).

Conversely, in this short replay you can see that the HP loss was significantly smaller and I had more flexibility regarding my moves choice.
Lost the ground types, I could have exploited my volt-turn core (Raichu+Perrserker) to position my Basculin again and click Wave Crash many other times

Last edited:

asa

is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PU Leader
Not sure how much more PU I'll be playing until the May tier shifts happen, so here are three bad random sets I've had fun using lately.

:perrserker:
Perrserker @ Leftovers
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Trailblaze

I've really been liking bulky setup sweepers that don't insta-lose to hazards lately (BU Gogoat, SubBU Crabominable, CM Rabsca, etc.), but I think my favorite has been Perrserker. Being immune to Toxic Spikes and resistant to Stealth Rock is huge, since it means Perrserker can actually run Leftovers without losing out on much. This set is super good at punishing most physical attackers, since the physical bulk + Steel typing + Tera Flying basically screws all of the commonly used ones over. Trailblaze is a funny option that hits Water-types and makes you faster. The Speed investment lets you outspeed Pyroar after two Trailblazes, which sucks for it if you're behind a Substitute.

I don't save replays that often, but I do have one where the game was over for my opponent once Perrserker got in on a burned Quaxwell (it being burned helped, but it can't really threaten you much anyway unless it Encores you).

:haunter:
Haunter @ Sticky Barb
Ability: Levitate
Tera Type: Fighting / Ghost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Trick
- Toxic Spikes
- Hex
- Focus Blast / Will-O-Wisp / Nasty Plot

Will-O-Wisp is annoying for Skuntank to switch in on, but it's not the worst if it's running Nasty Plot. However, getting Tricked a Sticky Barb is bad for Skuntank regardless of its set and can help Haunter keep Toxic Spikes up against it. If the opponent doesn't have Skuntank, you'll still probably end up gaining something useful like Eviolite or Leftovers, and Haunter forces enough switches to where it's really hard not getting a chance to use Trick. The last moveslot is up to you, but I like having one of the options I listed so that Haunter can more easily threaten Steel-types.

:ampharos:
Ampharos @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Dragon Tail
- Volt Switch

I used to be a huge Ampharos hater, and I'm still not too big on it even now, but I like the role compression it offers. Static + Tera Water means Basculin has to be careful around you, and Dragon Tail is nice for punishing both Ground-types looking to switch in and setup attempts by the opponent. Other Electric-types definitely offer more offensively than Ampharos, but none really offer as much as it does defensively, and I think it's an okay addition on bulkier Spikes stacking teams for its decent longevity + all the utility it can provide.

Last edited:
Here comes GFs favorite mon:
1682973096162.png

Charizard @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Blaze
Tera Type: Electric
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Thunder Punch

Tera Electric is used in order to not get easily revenge killed by Aqua Jet from Basculin, and give you some extra dmg against Quaxwell(+1 adamant tera boosted thunder punch is a 2hko lol). EQ hits Camel, Skuntank, and Carkol. The combination of Flare Blitz, EQ and TPunch gives you perfect coverage to take on the entire tier, as a early game breaker or a late game sweeper.

With the new PU drops I thought I’d make some sets for the new Pokémon!

:bw/charizard:
Belly Drum (Charizard) @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Earthquake
- Acrobatics
- Flame Charge

Dragon Dance (Charizard) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Flare Blitz
- Thunder Punch

Sun (Charizard) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Solar Power
Tera Type: Fire
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Air Slash
- Focus Blast
- Solar Beam

:sv/crocalor:
Unaware Wall (Crocalor) @ Eviolite
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Slack Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roar
- Flamethrower

:sv/dachsbun:
Phys. Def. (Dachsbun) @ Leftovers
Ability: Well-Baked Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- Play Rough
- Wish
- Protect

Sp. Def. (Dachsbun) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Body Press
- Play Rough
- Wish
- Protect

:bw/honchkrow:
Moxie Scarf (Honchkrow) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
Tera Type: Dark
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Night Slash
- Facade
- U-turn

Tailwind Pivot (Honchkrow) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Super Luck
Jolly Nature
- Night Slash
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Tailwind

Special (Honchkrow) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Super Luck
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Hurricane
- Dark Pulse
- Heat Wave

:sv/spidops:
Web Suicide Lead (Spidops) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Insomnia
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Sticky Web
- Spikes
- Circle Throw
- Memento

Offensive (Spidops) @ Choice Band
Ability: Stakeout
Tera Type: Bug
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- First Impression
- Sucker Punch
- Leech Life
- U-turn

:sv/Zorua-Hisui:
Scarf (Zorua-Hisui) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Illusion
Tera Type: Normal
Timid Nature
- Tera Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Trick
- U-turn

Defensive (Zorua-Hisui) @ Eviolite
Ability: Illusion
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Gentle Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Taunt
- U-turn

alr i heard this is the place for goofy ahh sets so i'm going to drop a few that i actually ran

:sv/dachsbun:
Dachsbun @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Play Rough
- Stomping Tantrum
- Body Press
- Crunch

it ain't gonna nuke opponent off the planet by any means, but having free chip opportunities with fire types is pretty neat. stomping tantrum means you can clap most fires back. Sadly gf didn't bless the doughe with something like rock slide or stone edge, so your best bet against Charizard is a neutral Crunch

:sv/raichu:
Bestie!! <3 (Raichu) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Lightning Rod
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Wish
- Volt Switch
- Nuzzle/Protect
- Encore/Protect

if it isn't shiny it doesn't work
i thought about running pachirisu, who has marginally better special bulk, Super Fang and U-Turn (over slightly less reliable volt switch), or pawmo who with eviolite has better bulk and heals with volt absorb, but this still isn't that terrible. Most ladder expects to see specs raichu or np raichu, so this lets you wishpass to at least one mon. HDB means you don't really give yourself away instantly as well. Technically wishpass kinda lets you safely switch into something that threatens the opponent but has a hard time getting in and doing stuff unscathed. idk what kinda situations make this set ok, but i'm sure there's some.

And also, here's a set that I wish i knew where to put

:sv/girafarig:
Girafarig @ Eviolite
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Thunder Wave
- Psychic
- Tera Blast/Foul Play

haha, get it? Wish? Right after a wish user? and also actually another wish user?
Realistically speaking, mr giraffe is probably better as a bulky cm with eviolite, but i wanted to see what could i concoct defensively. With its decent speed tier girafarig can kinda function as speed control with twave and wish out damage or pass the heal to someone else. 90 special attack means both stabs are pretty functional and tera water with sap sipper is just an icing on the cake

:sv/lumineon:
Lumineon @ Damp Rock
Ability: Storm Drain
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Rain Dance
- Ice Beam
- Encore/Hydro Pump
- U-turn

Lumineon has picked up in usage big time, and I firmly believe it to be the best rain setter(along with raichu) in the tier. Rain teams have picked up in popularity a bit and I still think mine is the best, but I digress. Lumi doesn't really need an item, boots are always nice, but I consistently get 2-3 rain dances off per game. When paired with Raichu it causes enemy electric threats to second guess themselves and i'm often able to set rain in their face because they're afraid of boosting my raichu. Ice Beam threatens gabite and encore lets Golduck get in for free on in many situations.

:sv/carkol:
Carkol @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rapid Spin

I realized carkol doesn't need eviolite to be bulky, and suddenly he feels like a serviceable spinner. Still a bit scary navigating around random ground coverage but he matches well into a lot of the physical attackers in the tier and can live a hit and cripple them with a will-o-wisp in return. Nothing too exciting but boots opens carkol up to being able to run some cool sets.

:sv/Ampharos:
Ampharos @ Wide Lens
Ability: Plus
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Magnetic Flux
- Dragon Tail
- Charge Beam
- Rest

So this is a set that's been floating around, I first ran it before I ever saw anybody use it on ladder so I feel comfortable enough to be the one to post it here. Most people I see running this set run lefties but I think missing a dragon tail or charge beam actually has more downside than the upside you get from leftovers recovery which is why I run wide lens(90% accurate moves become 99% accurate). My reasoning is after getting 1 or 2 magnetic flux boosts you're pretty much tanking 3+ hits from anything so you can rest for recovery.

The goal of this set is to heavily damage the other teams structure forcing switches(preferably with some hazards up) and eating pp from enemy recovery moves. You can cleanse toxic with rest, you can avoid dragon tail by tera'ing and you can face leech seed/infestation damage head on pretty easily. Charge Beam is a must, thunderbolt lacks damage and with charge beam you can actually threaten the enemy team and put them on a timer instead of just losing slower. Essentially the only thing you have to worry about is roar/whirlwind and things that can punch through your defenses either by critting or safely boosting up to +4 themselves (for example ive beaten an ampharos running this set with encore + np golduck.) The other mons i've seen consistently threaten me while running this set are perrserker(post tera) and dugtrio (pre tera). Oh also you have to run shiny ampharos when you use this set.

:sv/Lilligant:
Lilligant @ Choice Specs
Ability: Own Tempo
Tera Type: Rock
Timid Nature
- Petal Dance
- Leaf Storm
- Tera Blast
- Healing Wish

While I think the QD sets are probably better, specs leaf storm can tear holes in teams and more often than not the enemy wont expect it. Even common switches will take 40-50% from a specs leaf storm which is enough to sometimes ruin the enemies rotations. Petal Dance is good for picking up 2-3 kills when you comfortably outspeed their remaining pokemon and dont want to switch after clicking 1 attack. Tera Blast is for coverage and Healing Wish can come in handy in a pinch. You could probably run giga drain over petal dance or pollen puff over healing wish for more coverage also, but I find that usually leaf storm is just better than pollen puff even into resistance. If your team really struggles with gogoat though maybe pollen puff could be considered.

:sv/Oranguru:
Oranguru @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Focus Blast/Thunderbolt/Nasty Plot
- Dream Eater
- Future Sight
- Yawn

As we all know Missy is the king of pu at the moment. With haunter getting a promotion she simultaneously lost her only competition for "best ghost pokemon" and one of the few pokemon in the tier that could consistently threaten her if positioned correctly. There are obviously other missy checks like Houndoom, Pyroar, and most notably Skuntank, but let me introduce you to the 1 true check. Not only can it not be touched by hex/shadow ball, but +2 136 SpA Misdreavus Draining Kiss vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Oranguru: 50-59 (13 - 15.4%) -- possible 7HKO. You may be thinking "what can oranguru do except die slowly. Well Oranguru gets access to a few decent options for forcing missy out, most notably Yawn and when paired with dream eater(a 4hko that also heals guru for 10% each time it hits) and future sight(a 3hko) you easily outlast missy. You can also replace focus blast with nasty plot/calm mind to force mons to take supercharged future sights. I've opted to run focus blast/thunderbolt to hit dark and steel types that might try to switch in. I'm going to do some more testing to see if maybe Dream Eater is too inconsistent and should be swapped. HDB is also optional, but in this tier it feels more worth it than leftovers. There are obviously matchups where you don't want to keep oranguru in so you need to pair it with the right pokemon for it to be effective, stuff that can handle tinkatuff/skuntank/physical attackers in general.

:sv/Jumpluff:
Jumpluff @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Encore

I don't know that this is really your best option for screens, but Pluff can get in 3-4 times in a match which I feel is very valuable. Encore provides a lot of utility on a pokemon as fast as pluff, and its typing is quite good for finding windows to set screens against things like Perrserker, Raichu, and Gabite. I will say it feels like you really want Leech Seed, I've tried running it over u-turn opting to just hard switch. It feels a little clunky but because Pluff is almost always fast u-turning it's essentially the same thing even if it feels awkward to hard switch out. I don't think the damage from u-turn is better than being able to actually do something in a 1v1 situation but maybe if Pluff is all you've got left you did something wrong. Pairing this with standard HO as you would screens in higher tiers seems like the way to go, especially not having light clay be available. I've chosen to pair it with things than can set themselves up and kill 2-3 pokemon(Sub Crab/OTR Rabsca/Moxie Honchkrow.)
Jumpluff @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Encore
- Strength Sap
- Sleep Powder
- U-turn

This is the actually good Pluff set, it actually feels quite decent, you beat a lot of physical attackers resisting fighting and water types and blanking ground types. Obviously you take stone edge damage but you can often take one hit and get a strength sap off essentially forcing them out. You can also come in on an eq/stomping tantrum and click encore to force them out, I am trying to decide if Sleep Powder is worth it here. It seems like leech seed might be a better way to force progress, but sleep powder and u-turning into something that can finish the job is often effective as well.
I think Pluff much like Lumineon actually fills an important niche in the tier being a good answer to a lot of the physical attackers.

:sv/Crabominable:
Crabominable @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Ice Hammer
- Substitute

I think this Crab is decent, i've tried to drop sub/bulk up for a 3rd coverage move(thunder punch) but I really don't think it's worth it. Maybe outside of my screen team it would be more worth it to drop sub for thunder punch, but getting a sub off while tera'ing often leads to me winning the game. You don't need much Atk investment with this thing because it's an absolute monster, and Hyper Cutter comes in clutch quite often. I would say Hyper Cutter is actually essential on this set as the intimidate users that do exist in the tier can easily switch in on you if you don't predict them and it's nice to not automatically lose momentum.

asa

is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PU Leader
Three sets for the price of one! /o/

:golduck:
Golduck @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Cloud Nine
Tera Type: Ground / Water
Timid Nature
- Encore
- Nasty Plot
- Surf
- Ice Beam

I don't think I invented this type of set or anything, but I think it's fun. I've used Choice Scarf Golduck with Encore to semi-check rain some, but I think I like this set more for that purpose, since you don't have to make the commitment that is locking into Encore. Non-Choice Encore is also cool against teams in general, and you get to double as a good offensive threat when you also run Nasty Plot. Tera Ground is nice against Electric- and Rock-types, but Tera Water can be used to power up Surf to make up for not running Mystic Water or Hydro Pump.

:misdreavus:
Misdreavus @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
Tera Type: Rock
EVs: 120 HP / 136 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball
- Power Gem
- Pain Split

Not gonna take 100% credit for this either, but I think Pain Split is sometimes better than Draining Kiss on offensive Missy, since it lets you tank hits, spinblock, be a nuisance with Calm Mind, etc. for the entire game as opposed to the middle or end. Calm Mind feels nicer than Nasty Plot here because of the SpDef boosts you get to accrue making you harder to take down in general.

:sneasel-hisui:
Sneasel-Hisui @ Choice Band
Ability: Inner Focus
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Gunk Shot
- Shadow Claw
- Switcheroo

There's a good chance this will end up banned really soon, though I think this set is worth sharing as an alternative to Swords Dance. The Toxicroak STAB combo backed by Choice Band makes this set incredibly annoying to switch into, especially with how good Hisuian Sneasel is at forcing switches. Switcheroo is a funny move you sometimes click, though Tera Blast might be cool for sniping more specific responses to Hisuian Sneasel like Swalot.

Do you Hate Webs With A Burning Passion Like Mii?! (interrobang) Well i've decided to throw down these sets which counter it without being complete deadweight against other teams.

.Anti Webs (Gothitelle) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Psychic
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast/ Terra blast
- Trick Room

With this set you switch in against a mon which doesn't threated an OHKO and click trick room then the most effective move button for 5 turns with your +2 Spa from competitive

.Sanic @ Choice Specs
Ability: Aftermath
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Tera Blast
- Thunder Wave

What if there was a mon fast enough to outspeed half of a web team at -1 speed? well electrode exists to do that with the ability to speed creep floragato (83 base speed) or anything slower that it and you just click thunderbolt/ terra blast as normal against the half of their team which is slower. (i use terra water to bait houndoom which is a common revenge killer to -1 speed electrode)

.web savoir (Drakloak) @ Choice Band
Ability: Clear Body
Tera Type: Dragon
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Double-Edge
- Sucker Punch
- U-turn

This drakoalk set just lets you play normally because clear body ignores webs

and that is it.

(unless you just use the duck st spin away the webs)

Subs offensive Cuno.

Freeze Dry hits pretty hard, being effective against Gabite, Gogoat, Basculin, etc. Subs lets you check some mons on switches, and avoid status effects. You can run hurricane for double stab, or tera blast fighting for Perrserker, Houndoom, Rotom-F and Pyroar. Hf :)
imagem_2023-07-01_113200485.png
Articuno @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Pressure
Tera Type: Flying / Fighting
Timid Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Hurricane / Tera Blast
- Roost
- Substitute

GRAAAAAAH! TRAPPING CARKOL (i've lost my mind, the tauros have taken over)

Carkol @ Eviolite
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Spin
- Overheat/Rock slide if you're evil

UberSkitty

Assist Skitty was banned from NatDex Ubers
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
I've been posting my amazing sets on PS and Discord, but it's about time I stick some of the best of them here! Do note that a lotta the sets/replays are from before the recent shifts so they might be outdated. And that idr a lotta the reasons for their spreads.

:calyrex:
Calyrex @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 248 HP / 108 Def / 152 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Agility
- Stored Power
- Giga Drain

2xTheTap showed me a replay from SWSH with a similar set, and while I originally used it as a meme, it has gotten a surprising amount of sweeps. While not as great as Lilligant obviously, the secondary typing makes it much less reliant on tera to just break through teams. Calyrex's atrocious defensive typing actually works in its favor, since paired with the solid bulk it has a lotta opportunities to trigger WP. Tera Grass strengthens Giga Drain while making it take less from Bug moves (but keeping the WP activation) and lessens the fear of Sucker Punch. 152 Spe lets Calyrex outspeed Scarf Pyroar after an Agility. For reference, after WP+Agility+CM, Stored Power is 180bp.
Replays - Pokémon Showdown (pokemonshowdown.com)

:perrserker:
Perrserker @ Leftovers
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 56 Def / 180 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Rest
- Iron Head
- Curse
- Amnesia

Been using this set on and off, what I like to call "Devil Perrserker". The idea is that you set up with both defensive stats and don't have to worry about crits thanks to Battle Armor. Kinda similar to Sliggoo-H except you have a SpDef boost too. And thanks to Perrserker's natural bulk, it's pretty easy to force a switch and start setting up. The Atk EVs had something to do with Masq while the Spd was simply speed tie stuff pre-Curse. Could use a few different Tera types, I've used Water and Dragon too, but I chose Fairy so Gabite couldn't Dragon Tail it out.

:electrode:
Electrode @ Red Card
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 148 Def / 112 SpD
Bold Nature
- Recycle
- Foul Play
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Berries ain't the only items that can be recycled! With this set, Electrode can repetitively force out foes with Red Card, stopping potential sweepers or gaining some momentum. But the real gem is when you pair this set with Spikes+HDB removal (like Knock Off Banette), this just stacks up the hazard damage. Even without any Spd investment, since Electrode needs as much bulk as it can get, it still outspeeds stuff like Charizard. And speaking of Charizard, the EVs let Electrode live 2 Flamethrowers from it with the rest of the EVs in Def. Went with Foul Play+Tera Dark so you don't have to worry about Electric immunities.

:charizard:
Charizard @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 16 HP / 240 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Flamethrower
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Not too original overall, and def the most boring of the bunch. But with the lack of Roost, Restalk gives Charizard at least some longevity. Made this set before Carbink drops, who does make it harder to only run two attacks. 16 HP lets Charizard survive 3 Seismic Tosses/Night Shades. This is also kinda a callout to how Restalk, or at least Rest, is more usable this gen with how many mons lost their recovery moves.

:basculin-white-striped:
Basculin-White-Striped @ Eviolite
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 248 HP / 20 Atk / 240 SpD
Careful Nature
- Liquidation
- Crunch
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Really hyped this mon up a while back, even made a VR nom (link to post), and I stand by that it's viable mon. It trades Lumineon's utility and HDB for more bulk and power. The Atk investment had something to do with Misdreavus iirc.

:masquerain:
Masquerain @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Intimidate
Tera Type: Ice
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Blizzard
- Hurricane
- Air Slash

Used this set in a teambuilding competition (link to post), and is specifically meant to be used in Snow teams aka with Snover. Since Snow gives Ice mons +1 Def, it pairs well with the +1 SpDef from QD. Got this idea originally from the fact that Masq gets Blizzard for reasons.

:zangoose:
Zangoose @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Immunity
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Power Trip
- Quick Attack
- Body Slam

For those who never heard of the move, Power Trip is a Physical Dark-type Stored Power. But before Zangoose dropped, Power Trip's best user was Krokorok. I tried, but it didn't end well. But then Zangoose dropped. It even has Belly Drum, boosting Power Trip's bp and maxing Zangoose's Atk at the same time! Quick Attack is also great to have, so you're less easy to rk. Tho it sadly keeps the slight 4mss of Toxic Orb Zangoose, since running a setup move forces it to lose a coverage move (in this case Close Combat).

Last edited:

UberSkitty

Assist Skitty was banned from NatDex Ubers
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Part 2 since I forgot some stuff! A lotta this is even older than above tho, so even more outdated and questionable spreads! Also too lazy to go all the way back to find replays.

:skuntank:
Skuntank @ Life Orb
EVs: 172 Atk / 152 SpA / 184 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Sucker Punch
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast

I tried out mixed Skuntank, so here are a couple of sets. It is specifically for a better matchup against WoW Misdreavus. Was originally even more special-based, with Sludge Bomb over Gunk Shot, but the dip in power was pretty notable. Life Orb is the natural option on a mixed attacker, and I think was relevent in the EV calcs, although Heavy-Duty Boots is always great too The speed investment lets Skuntank reach 250, just a generally decent Speed tier to reach. An earlier rendition of the set had 172 Atk / 84 SpA / 252 Spe. IDR what the EVs were for, but I'm sure they had some purpose!

:skuntank:
Skuntank @ Leftovers
EVs: 212 HP / 232 Def / 64 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Toxic
- Fire Spin
- Dark Pulse
- Protect / Substitute

And a second Skuntank set! This one is pretty simple; lure, trap, and stall out mons with Fire Spin+Toxic while wasting turns with Protect/Sub and fishing for Dark Pulse flinches. The HP is for max Lefties recovery while the speed allows it to reach the 242 Speed that creeps Adamant/Modest Honchkrow.

:pyroar:
Pyroar (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Rivalry
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hyper Voice
- Tera Blast
- Overheat
:fraxure:
Fraxure (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Rivalry
Tera Type: Bug
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Stomping Tantrum
- Iron Head
- First Impression

Moreso a core than a set, but based around the fun and unreliable af ability: Rivalry! Since the mechanic is a real dice-roll on whether you'll get the right gender matchups, I figured I'd just stick a Rivalry mon for each gender. The only relevant mons with guaranteed genders are females like Lilligant and Tinkatuff, which is why I decided Fraxure would benefit more. Specifically for that boosted Tera Bug First Impression to rk those Lilligant. The sets above are not final, aka I just stuck choice items on them for maximum damage output.

:scovillain:
Scovillain @ Mirror Herb
Ability: Insomnia
Tera Type: Ice
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spicy Extract
- Trailblaze
- Stomping Tantrum
- Tera Blast

Kinda a completely memey set, but the closest we're gonna get to utilizing Scovillain's signature move, Spicy Extract. The move raises the foes Atk by 2 but lowers their Def by 2. With Mirror Herb, Scovillain is able to copy that Atk boost while also lowering the foe's defenses (which is not copied). Then there's Trailblaze to make up for the relatively low Speed and Ice+Ground neutral coverage (it doesn't get any good physical Fire moves). This may or may not be a theorymon, IDR if I ever got it to work. Prob not.

I made This team after losing 30 games in a row on ladder

I was flatt 1000 21%gxe And On the end of my road

I was told by others it was my teams holding me back
Sunflora being bad...... drowzee being Fat, People found ways to Make me Feel better But at last made my Pokémon feel worst

Trial and eror, Loss after losss w/l reset after w/l reset

I came from Ou i was The Stall chad 1600s complained about,
coming to Pu i was not ready

Day 1 Of Pu i copped a sample team and quickly rised in the ranks
Day 2 Of Pu I Raged quit
Day 3 Of Pu I joined tourney and loss 1st round

That's sequence repeated
I felt i was missing something But What........

(Tora Flora ) i TLK SHIT TO THEM EVERY TOURNEY

The light to my rainy day The ruby to my eyes
Tora flora was an established member in the community
A Competitive sprit In Tourneys And Yet We Belonged In different worlds I was some 1 win and 30 losses guy at the end of his ropes Losing Over and Over

Now I was down But not out The count A bird yet to fly

A week of losing and 100s of games Taught me one thing

I Hate being mocked and ashamed

So I made This Team https://pokepast.es/6859c6d600a83378 The names are a Must U change the Name Its changing The heart

I made This team after losing 30 games in a row on ladder

I was flatt 1000 21%gxe And On the end of my road

I was told by others it was my teams holding me back
Sunflora being bad...... drowzee being Fat, People found ways to Make me Feel better But at last made my Pokémon feel worst

Trial and eror, Loss after losss w/l reset after w/l reset

I came from Ou i was The Stall chad 1600s complained about,
coming to Pu i was not ready

Day 1 Of Pu i copped a sample team and quickly rised in the ranks
Day 2 Of Pu I Raged quit
Day 3 Of Pu I joined tourney and loss 1st round

That's sequence repeated
I felt i was missing something But What........

(Tora Flora ) i TLK SHIT TO THEM EVERY TOURNEY

The light to my rainy day The ruby to my eyes
Tora flora was an established member in the community
A Competitive sprit In Tourneys And Yet We Belonged In different worlds I was some 1 win and 30 losses guy at the end of his ropes Losing Over and Over

Now I was down But not out The count A bird yet to fly

A week of losing and 100s of games Taught me one thing

I Hate being mocked and ashamed

So I made This Team https://pokepast.es/6859c6d600a83378 The names are a Must U change the Name Its changing The heart
Play This Team Like u Play Life One step AT A TIMEEE

so you know how there's a set for golduck where it's the ducky that provides rain for itself? well...

:scovillain:
Scovillain @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Chlorophyll
Timid Nature
- Solar Beam
- Fire Blast/Flamethrower
- Tera Blast
- Sunny Day

i'm honestly at awe with this thing. yes, most of its set up windows and kills come from the element of surprise, but i feel like it's just good enough to where you just kinda steamroll everything with it? It does require a team that can take care of things that stop it or prevent it from doing its thing (Articuno, Charizard, even Dachsbun doesn't get OHKO'd by solar beam) but it's just so much fun to get it off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)