Resource SV PU Bazaar / Team Dump

:Raichu: :Misdreavus: :Glimmet: :Quaxwell: :Tinkatuff: :Falinks:
Spikestack
Nice little spikestack using glimmet, I think mon is really annoying, hard to stop it from getting progress between spiking/toxic debris/rocks/toxic. Makes phys attackers(including skuntank for fear of not being able to clear it) wary of freely clicking attacks, and is a decent doom/pyroar/QD user check. Missy is my spinblocker of choice, set kinda walled by pyroar/doom but its either boots so they aren't as strong, or will die fast bc hazards are up. Tinkatuff rounds out this little core by checking most other special attackers, gets rocks up nicely(mold breaker beats hattrem) and can knock and spread status. Quax is splashable phys wall, cacturne and flapple blanket checked by tinka and you can always tera. Raichu for volt immunity+speed tier, its also a nice cleaner. Tera type TBD, water is more common but ice to pop gabite felt p cool. Falinks can honestly be anything but it has done pretty well in my games.

:Glimmet: :Drakloak: :Quaxwell: :Houndoom: :Tinkatuff: :Dugtrio:
Chants stack

A version good friend love chants (stole it sorry not sorry) made with drakloak over missy. Drakloak is actually p solid with rest talk wisp dtail, cripples and phazes out alot of setup sweepers, backed by a really decent typing in the metagame and a cool ability to go with it. Houndoom makes this team less missy weak, and duggy is pretty fast and hits decently hard, and can find chances to setup itself.

Teams are pretty successful, with chants having two top 10 accounts, and im at ~85 with a 20-4 record with both of us having room tour wins as well. There are probably better pairings for this core, but at a baseline this backbone wins alot of hazard wars bc of ease of setting, and how little it cares about opposing hazards.

Replays
Falinks punched a hole, raichu cleans late
Glimmet gets hazards w ease
falinks>eiscue, doesnt need to sweep

I am sure you have seen a lot more of Glaceon in the last few days, I noticed that it hasn't been posted here, so I thought I would put it up.

:Glaceon: :Haunter: :Hattrem: :Houndoom: :Lycanroc-Midnight: :Perrserker:

:Glaceon:
This set has exposed a weakness in the meta as there only specific pokemon that can beat it. Basically trailblaze on something it threats, calm mind up on the switch things will drop that simple.

:Haunter:
Choice specs gives it the breaking power with the option to trick the specs onto something defensive to nasty plot on.

:Hattrem:
This can spread paralysis around to slowdown strong offensive pokemon that could threat the set up mons on my team.

:Houndoom:
I have noticed the heightened use of trickroom and houndoom threats all its setters except stantler but that's not real. Dark stab is generally very spamable

:Lycanroc-Midnight:
Runs choice scarf for a bit of speed control, runs Rock blast to beat sash leads, while having the combo of CC and stone edge for general breaking.

:Perrserker:
Sets rocks, the teams pivot strong iron heads thanks to tough claws boost it has CC also for other Perrserker.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9pu-1827244067
Glaceon destroys

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9pu-1827439363-dlg80ghemnknjwzmhtuftl2st3lhde5pw
Glaceon breaks defensive wall to let haunter break

Last edited:
never thought i'd make it this far into kickoff but i'm finally out, feeling fatigued and going to take a break until april 1st at the very least. enjoy the kickoff team dump (and keep the nicks or you will lose all your games) :)

:indeedee-f::skuntank::gabite::golduck::magneton::gogoat:(outdated)
a bit of a weird team that in hindsight doesn't make a lot of sense structurally, but somewhat successfully incorporates two sets i wanted to use at the time, cm tera water indeedee (nice in theory as a soft rain check but not amazing in practice) and double dance golduck (can be hard to setup but can destroy pretty much anything not named max spdef av tera fire cacturne), and they can both potentially support each other with leftover psyterrain/rain turns. scarf skunk is nice for setting up tspikes on forced switches early game, revenging mid-game, and memento-ing late game to create an opportunity for one of the wincons to win. the rest of the sets are pretty self-explanatory i believe, tera dragon is an unusual choice for magneton but one that gives it a nice resistance to fire, not a lot of glaring weaknesses and decent neutral coverage which means it can keep pivoting around pretty comfortably.

:haunter::quaxwell::tinkatuff::rabsca::gabite::ampharos:(outdated, rip haunter)
can't take credit for this team (i provided the rabsca set and Musharnanigans did just about everything else), but it is just so good and neither of us are ever going to use it again so it would be a waste to let it rot in my builder. otr rabsca is a truly silly set and an incredible wincon, it is one of the very best cleaners in the tier and can even ko a lot of mons from full with its expansive coverage. i used tera bug due to its ability to ko pau with bug buzz, this is obviously not relevant now but i still think it's pretty good as bug buzz hits a ton of stuff but tera ground can work too. psyshock>psychic bc it hits av crab better and is rarely used for anything else. i believe most other sets should be self-explanatory at this point, except maybe offensive sd gabite which is a pretty adept wallbreaker and av tera dragon ampharos which is absolutely not amazing but works on this team as a phazer/rain check/secondary slow attacker.

:kricketune::indeedee-f::jumpluff::skuntank::misdreavus::gabite:(still legal but don't use this lol)
this is basically as good as webs are ever going to get in the current meta. webs are literally the only way to make sd jumpluff work, otherwise it's just revenged by everything. indeedee is there for speed control as obviously not everything is affected by webs but it sets up terrain for jumpluff which prefers having that spd boost over running no item at all. skunk is bulky-ish to reliably switch into haunter and set tspikes reliably which can help weaken stuff down for jumpluff to clean. gabite runs just enough speed to outspeed dug and wug after a speed drop from webs. (also i'm so sorry in advance if this somehow becomes a ladder staple this is just a fun silly team that people shouldn't be taking seriously!!!)

Musharnanigans my cringerina, none of this would've been possible if you didn't convince me to sign up and fed me with teams, now join my downline hun :heart_eyes:
gum right
tom holland thanks for offering to build together, sorry for not taking up your offer while we were both still in the tour, good for you to dip after being out honestly and gl with your new job!!
TJ If I wanted the opinion of a 1300 ladder player, I’d make a poll in the pu room

Last edited:
Hey yall, I'm back from my couple days break. I had exciting irl changes involving a new job and moving to a new place, so I took a mini-break to focus on sorting my life out in preparation for that. In general, I'll probably be less active the next month or two for this new transition for me.

But anyways, I wanted to share my favorite team I built during kickoff! I had a great time playing and interacting with the pu peeps, and im excited for future tours. This team was my most successful during testing and it is a great team to use if you are unfamiliar with missy spikestack or Pyroar. The team heavily relies on spikes+pyroar and is very consistent with the combination. Without anymore delaying, here is the team/testing record. Peaked 28-1 83.5% gxe until togkey wrecked me on game 30 lol :)

Screenshot_20230323_153451_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230323_153549_Chrome.jpg

:pyroar::cacturne::misdreavus::gabite::crabominable::skuntank:
https://pokepast.es/04fbad322305dc3f
Pyroar Priority Spikestack
Pretty straightforward, you lead gabite often, get rocks up and spikes when opportunities arise, clean or break with pyroar, and double sucker punch can also clean or stop sweeps. The crab set is great at being a special attack tank for majority of the common threats, and the evs on cacturne are optimized for something specific that I forgot (as usual). Tera water from my experience is the most useful on this pyroar, but I could be wrong. Most of the sets are really flexible, but through experience these ev builds/moves have given me this consistency. Anyways, thanks for the read and I hope you enjoy the team.

:bw/Basculin: BASCULIN WEBS :bw/Basculin: *click for team*

I just had a huge write up for this team which took me like an hour and I accidentally deleted it... So here's a shorter version.

:sv/Basculin:
This mon either OHKOs or 2HKOs the entire meta game with Wave Crash excluding Quaxwell and Cacturne. Luckily Tera Rock Head Smash 2HKOs Quaxwell and OHKOs Cacturne. Aqua Jet also OHKOs Houndoom and Dugtrio. Haunter gets OHKOd 50% of the time. This mon is busted.

:sv/Masquerain: :sv/Misdreavus:
These two mons provide hazard control. Masquerain leads and sets up the webs, while Misdreavus keeps them up. Ice Beam on Masquerain OHKOs Gabite and does 81.1 - 96.6% to Dartrix. Misdreavus always comes in vs. Quaxwell to spinblock, and the speed is to always outspeed Quaxwell.

:sv/Perrserker: :sv/Magneton:
These two mons create a Volt-Turn core which is nice for getting other mons in safely. Perrserker is similar to Basculin in the fact that Steely Spirit, Choice Banded boosted Iron Heads OHKOs almost everything. Quaxwell is a common switch in for this, and that's where Seed Bomb comes into play as it's super effective. At full there's' only a 2.3% chance to 2HKO Quaxwell, but that doesn't really matter as you can either stall out the Roosts, or just 2HKO with a lil bit of chip. Magneton is the team's electric resistance, and Tera Water is to OHKO Camerupt and Tera Ground Vivillon.

:sv/Falinks:
Falinks is here as a cleaner/breaker. The speed is to outspeed everything up to Scarfed Lycanroc with webs after using No Retreat. This team is also pretty ghost (Haunter) weak. This mon baits them in as ghosts are immune to Close Combat, just to hit them with a super effective Tera Dark Tera Blast. The same goes for psychic type Pokemon, but obviously it's a resistance instead of an immunity. The HP always lets you live a Specs Shadow Ball from Timid Haunter, and lets you live 50% of the time vs. a Modest one.

This is the game that got me into the top 100, it was against a player who was top 30 at the time:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9pu-1834886524-712uqaxdc4g1hxzy5luj77ihmg0205vpw
Here's a replay vs. a player who was rank 2 at the time:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9pu-1835062661-1op1qblfvdor5sm49igqo1amrjy7pcspw
Screen Shot 2023-04-01 at 7.19.23 PM.png

I'm sure this team could get me even higher if I were to keep playing, but I cannot at the time. Hope y'all enjoy <3

Last edited:
:masquerain::sawsbuck-summer::lumineon::magneton::stonjourner::hattrem:(outdated)

day 1 day 2 qd masquerain team (woo!). masq is the definition of a high-risk high-reward mon, it's harder for it to setup compared to the other qd mons we've had in the tier so far due to not having sleep powder and losing roost, but it's by far the most dangerous after it sets up with an actual offensive moveset and raw power (yes lilli's base spa is higher but its moveset is ass and it can't afford to run modest over timid). modest makes masq extremely dangerous and you're not missing out on much by not going timid (modest electrode and scarf magneton at +1, scarf raichu at +2 and that's p much it). tera water gives a needed boost to hydro pump and also allows masq to setup on the majority of phys attackers after an intimidate atk drop, but it can sometimes set up without it just fine. scarf sawsbuck fits here pretty nicely as a very soft ground resist that can also spread para, take advantage of already para'd mons and rk stuff. lumineon finally gets its time to shine with basculin being everyone's new favorite toy, and it can try to set rain for masq to power up its hydro pumps and make hurricane not miss (although it's a bit of a double-edged sword because it allows opposing basculin to rk you more easily with aqua jet). evio mag is doing the usual evio mag stuff, sr+iron defense ston is stupid good and ppl need to stop sleeping on it, hattrem is a good special wall that bounces hazards and status with magic bounce and spreads para and can revive masq with healing wish for a second chance at sweeping.

Last edited:
With vivillon getting banned soon, I thought i'd share my vivillon team.

https://pokepast.es/8df0a3fd6f39b0f3

sets are self explanitory, its psyspam and you try to keep hazards off and overwealm your opponent with sash spam. You probably know this team if you faced it on ladder, or in a room tournament.

Last edited:

Melt Gibson

planting gardens in the potholes
is a Forum Moderator
FISHING MINIGAME (BASCULIN WEBS)
:basculin: :masquerain: :skuntank: :houndoom: :raichu: :gabite:
(sets here!!)

Very fun team that I built for the new meta and decided to share! Capitalizes off of some already fast and powerful threats and keeps scarfers out of the picture with Webs while paving the way for Basculin to just come in and click buttons on stuff.

:basculin:
The star of the show, no real surprises in the set, any Basculin set works here but I prefer Banded just to give that extra physical oomph that this team kind of lacks if you opt for Specs. You click on Wave Crash and whatever is in front of you drops.

:masquerain:
Gives you your Webs as well as Intimidate if it stays alive at all past the first few turns. Tera Ghost as an emergency button to click if they decide to immediately go into a spinner so you can get it to fuck off.

:skuntank:
TSpikes and Taunt support plus Sucker for anything that happens to be a pest or as an insurance policy if you don't have Webs. Rocky Helmet and Aftermath as contact damage can also get you out of a bind, this actually ended up being how I found out that if Rapid Spin connects and the user dies to contact damage, the hazards stay up! If you see a duck that's low do NOT be afraid to hard switch into this.

:houndoom:
Nasty Plot with Boots for longevity and Trailblaze in case of emergency, although you can easily opt for something like Sucker Punch instead. I decided not to go for Tera Blast since there are a lot of other things on this team that would rather be using the Tera slot and Houndoom cleans up just fine without it.

:raichu:
Your other speed control + Electric switchin. Lightning Rod is just generally useful to keep Basculin and Masquerain alive and couples with the threat of getting to throw out +1 Thunderbolts.

:gabite:
Rocks and more contact deterrent! Also gives this team a little bit of fat along with Skuntank, but its main job here is to just make sure that shit isn't healthy enough to deal with Basculin.

1681627698666.png

Also, here's some proof that the team does work and I'm not blowing hot air out my ass

Have fun! :)

Melt Gibson

is a Forum Moderator
Hi! I'd like to submit my Basculin Webs team :)
:basculin: :skuntank: :masquerain: :raichu: :houndoom: :gabite:
https://pokepast.es/4b32f4a157326a65

A webs team built around Basculin that focuses on overwhelming the opponent by using several fast, powerful offensive pieces and capitalizing on the tier's overall poor hazard removal. Basculin acts as a fearsome wallbreaker capable of shredding through many common threats while possessing an excellent speed tier that is further compounded by webs, helping to keep faster special attackers such as Raichu and Pyroar at bay, as well as most relevant scarfers. Gabite and Skuntank form a solid defensive backbone to punish contact and attempts at removal while also setting additional hazards to wear down the opponent. Raichu offers both extra speed control as well as a secondary Electric immunity, threatening tier staples such as Quaxwell with +1 Thunderbolts. Houndoom serves to function as a wincon when Basculin has shattered or significantly weakened defensive pieces that would otherwise stop it with Nasty Plot and Trailblaze. Tera Ghost on Masquerain serves as an emergency spinblocking option, while Raichu can threaten to kill Quaxwell outright with some chip or a boost from Lightning Rod.

Hello! I wanted to submit my most recent PU team I made.
Got up to #16 in the ladder with it, and it's pretty fun to use.
Tera Fairy CM Misdreavus Balance
https://pokepast.es/8bbe51a80c421c3a
1682172619936.png
1682172487766.png
1682172409616.png
1682172456102.png
1682172541745.png
1682172573850.png

This team is built around tera fairy calm mind misdreavus, which, with bold nature + hp/defense investment, can be a very scary bulky setup sweeper. Tera fairy lets it block dragon tail attempts from the likes of Gabite and Drakloak, and also makes opposing gabite setup fodder thanks to levitate. Draining kiss + pain split lets it have a way to heal itself while doing damage.
As my hazard setters, I chose physically defensive gabite, so it can reliably set up stealth rocks (Swords dance allows it to beat quaxwell most of the time) and specially defensive Skuntank, which can setup toxic spikes, crippling the opposing team even further (12 speed invesment allows it to outspeed defensive misdreavus, while 16 defense lets it endure an earthquake from offensive gabite).
As my spinner, I chose Quaxwell, as it's one of the best options for this role in the tier, and it's water type helps the team defensively, by answering many threats that the rest of it can't handle.
As my offensive core, I chose Masquerain + hdb pivot Raichu. Raichu can soften specially defensive walls, so Masquerain can beat them more easily after a quiver dance boost.

Last edited:
howdy! Managed to get to #88 on ladder with this (before a rather unfortunate case of Tilt Syndrome) and it's been pretty consistent overall

Screenshot (320).jpg

Toxic Spikes Offense
:skuntank: :gabite: :misdreavus: :pyroar: :sawsbuck: :basculin:
https://pokepast.es/3eb838d4d73157fb

As the name implies, this team is built around toxic spikes :skuntank:. While boots spam is something of a necessity to compensate for a lack of good removal, teams still often run choice scarfers and defensive pieces that are highly vulnerable to the residual damage, something an offensive team greatly appreciates. :skuntank: itself fills a few important roles, notably granting the team another source of strong priority and a Cacturne check. :misdreavus: and :gabite: work in tandem to round out the hazard core, blocking spin attempts and checking a myriad of threats like Perrserker, Lycanroc-M, and Dugtrio. :pyroar: serves as a great source of secondary speed, threatening revenge kills on opposing offensive pokemon and blowing open things that :skuntank: usually forces in, such as the steels. :sawsbuck: highly benefits from speed control being out of the equation, as serene grace headbutt can simply win games on its own against slower targets; stomping tantrum dents steels to make life easier for Skuntank. It also provides a secondary check to Raichu. Lastly, :basculin: is the team's primary speed control, notably threatening typical offense killers like opposing Pyroar and Houndoom, even outrunning the latter after a trailblaze.

been saving up teams until now here we go; have consistently been like top ~15 on ladder on 2 different alts and sat at #1 for a week or two.

:grumpig: :gabite: :flareon: :skuntank: :lycanroc-midnight: :misdreavus:
Had seen discussion of Grumpig on the VR thread so I wanted to try it out myself. It's not that good of a Pokemon admittedly but its coverage and speed can catch people off-guard, and can lure Skuntank pretty well for Misdreavus to sit on teams. Flareon is another pick I've been trying out courtesy of Eve to wall Houndoom, Pyroar, and Lilligant, and it's been surprisingly decent.

:raboot: :pyroar: :vespiquen: :misdreavus: :gabite: :basculin:
Despite what Gum says I think Raboot is really strong. I wanted to use it with another Fire-type (Pyroar in this case) to overwhelm checks like Gabite and Quaxwell, and Spikes from Vespiquen help a lot with Basculin to help clean up. I have Sleep Talk from when Vivillon was around, you can still use it as a Sleep Absorber for Lilligant but could probably just replace it with Liquidation or something.

:houndoom: :hattrem: :perrserker: :raichu: :squawkabilly: :lycanroc-midnight:
Specs Houndoom + Hattrem. Specs Houndoom feels borderline broken, especially with Tera for Dark Pulse there's honestly nothing that comes in on this STAB combination. Just loaded the team with pivots and decided idgaf about Boots bc I have a Hattrem. Raichu could probably have a set change but it's been working great for me anyway.

right so absolutely no one asked for another team dump but here is one anyway

:basculin-blue-striped::gogoat::raichu::misdreavus::skuntank::gabite:
like and subscribe in all seriousness though, this team is really really solid for laddering even in post-shifts meta, it consistently puts in work and has very favorable matchups against a lot of big threats. there's a more detailed description within the paste if anyone is interested in reading it.

:honchkrow::dugtrio::perrserker::dachsbun::raichu::indeedee-f:
a nice bulky offense moment featuring two of the new pu mons, specs honchkrow and wishtect dachsbun. everything here should be fairly self-explanatory as this is really a pretty standard team with no crazy tech, the various tera types give you several outs against some threats, most notably fire-types that this team can slightly struggle with. dachsbun has enough defense to ko hasty houndoom with body press and enough speed for adamant/modest honch (ty UberSkitty for the spread!).

:honchkrow::spidops::tinkatuff::banette::skuntank::basculin-blue-striped:
FUN team, the idea is to spread as much para+knock off as possible to facilitate a late-game sweep for power herb tera ground honchkrow, which is stupidly good once you set everything up for it. physdef resttalk banette is a very underrated spinblocker on webs teams, spidops isn't nearly as good as masquerain as a webs setter in general but the role compression with spikes comes in very handily here and stakeout first impression is very fun. np skunk is super good and also criminally underused, it's super easy to set up with it (esp with so many ppl automatically assuming it to be physical and wasting a turn on wisping it) and it consistently breaks one or two mons in every game.

Last edited:
Here is my snow team, it has done well on both the ladder as well as room tourney games.

:Beartic::snover::glaceon::rotom-fan::indeedee-f::gabite:
Snow is a completely viable strategy here in early gen 9 pu and the two mons I think that are best at using snow currently are beartic and glaceon. :Beartic: takes advantage of its slush rush ability and massive attack to outspeed a majority of the meta and to cleave through your opponents teams. While it has a nice base 130 attack stat it doesnt always OHKO every mon such as missy which is why it is both tera first to avoid willo and sd to set up when your opponent is using willo or on the switch. Crash + eq + cc also hits a vast majority of the tier though it would be better if crash had better acc. :glaceon: At first it would appear that this glaceon set just stalls out your own snow turns, the real reason it works is that you can take advantage of both ice body and the def boost in snow to help faciliate glaceons set up. I prefer to use wish+tect+calm mind+freeze dry because that recovery is pivotal for glaceon and so are boots. Tera poison because its immune to toxic while also leaving yourself open zard with tera steel.:snover: its job is to set up snow obviously (I 100 percent stole this snover set from the team building comp, thx codex). :indeedee-f: best scarfer in the tier, its job is to both prevent priority moves from hitting beartic as well as do normal indeede things like revenge kill mons and fire off strong psy stabs in terrain(also tricking scarfs onto setup mons is one of my favorite things to do).:gabite: This is my personal fav gabite set as its 289 speed outspeeds a decent amount of the tier and a +2 gabite is something that most teams dont want to deal with. I like iron head over stone edge because I enjoy hitting my attacks as well as beating mons like bread dog and random tera fairy mons. Optionally you could switch iron head for stealth rocks for the hazard fans out there. :rotom-fan: This is my glue mon for most of my teams but also really helps this team with its ability to easily beat perrserker/ set up as they switch out perrserker. I opted for spdef rotom-fan over def because of its ability to handle zard better.

sugar ovens

blood inside
is a Top Tiering Contributor
I know - and hope - changes to the tier might be coming soon, but still.. since there are no "current meta" teams, why not post one. Got suspect reqs with it, seems okay overall.

:leafeon: :articuno: :lilligant: :raichu: :persian-alola: :mareanie: (click for pokepaste)

Fairly common bulky offense - or semistall - leafeon/cuno wall a large portion of the tier - try to whittle down opponents team with toxic / raichu and win with lilli. Dragon tera lilli optional, electric or anything else really will likely work. Leafeon can use leech seed or SD on last slot if you feel like there is enough anti-setup emergency brakes on the team already.

Last edited:

UberSkitty

Assist Skitty was too broken for NDUbers
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
its 4 am and i threw this team together an hour ago and havent tested it at all hf
:misdreavus::skuntank::charizard::basculin::flapple::dugtrio-alola:
CM Missy+Memento Skunk Offense (pokepast.es)
Most of this team is just common mons that weren't yet on any samples, but that does not stop them from working well together. Misdreavus and Skuntank make for a great core, being able to cover many of each other's weaknesses. Between both of their various sets, I opted for a more offensive approach in which Choice Scarf Skuntank can support setup Misdreavus with Memento and Toxic. Dragon Dance Charizard offers another and more offensive wincon that also benefits from Skuntank's Memento. Misdreavus and Charizard can even swap between wallbreaking and sweeping roles depending on a game's matchup. Basculin is a great wallbreaker and an extra form of speed control, Aqua Jet, that helps against threats Skuntank can't handle such as opposing Dragon Dance Charizards. With Basculin's last moveslot being very flexible, I decided to go with Taunt simply because it's great to have on any team for its virtually endless uses. With opposing Water-types starting to appear problematic and a lack of special wallbreakers, Flapple also offers a pivot while Tera Steel allows it to take Ice attacks from foes like Golduck and Articuno and Basculin's Head Smash. Finally, my team lacked two largely important roles in a team: Stealth Rock setter and Volt Switch immunity. While bulkier options like Whiscash and Gabite exist, Alolan Dugtrio can tank a couple attacks with it's great typing that overall synergizes better with the team while still being a potent offensive threat.

ShuckleDeath

They call me the kign of typos
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Squirrel Status Spam
:Pachirisu::basculin::fletchinder::gogoat:/:perrserker::misdreavus::sawsbuck:

Click Indivual Pokemon for an in-depth set explanation and reasoning!!!
This team idea came from the idea of me liking to use slow pivots I noticed Pachirishu has access to U-turn and Volt Absorb and that was really the only reason I wanted to try it. I wasn't expecting Pachirishu to be great when I built around it, and it isn't very good, but the team is fun and has some cool synergy and set ideas which is why I wanted to share it. First off I will put down the team so you can see the sets all together.

A Champion (Pachirisu) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Volt Absorb
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpD
Impish Nature
- Nuzzle
- U-turn
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

A Fish (Basculin) @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Wave Crash
- Liquidation
- Ice Fang
- Aqua Jet

A Bird (Fletchinder) @ Eviolite
Ability: Flame Body
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Def / 64 Spe
Bold Nature
- Flamethrower
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

A Cat (Perrserker) @ Leftovers
Ability: Tough Claws
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 248 HP / 144 SpD / 116 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

A Ghost (Misdreavus) @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Hex
- Draining Kiss
- Will-O-Wisp

A Deer (Sawsbuck-Winter) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Headbutt
- Horn Leech
- Double-Edge
- Stomping Tantrum

(in case you want Gogoat over Perrserker)

A Goat (Gogoat) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Horn Leech
- Rock Slide
- Milk Drink

The basic gameplan of this team is obvious, spread para and burn and win with Misdreavus or Sawsbuck. Pachirishu is decent at spreading para so a lot of the time it will be clicking Nuzzle, you just want it hitting whatever it can because outside of paralyzing stuff it does nothing but rest a few times. It is pretty good at checking both Rotom variants and Raichu with Volt Absorb + Tera water what you want to do is U-Turn out against Rotom going Basculin is normally good as even if it is Choice scarf they want to click Blizzard because of Pachirisu and if they are not Scarf they get knocked out by Wave Crash. You can always switch back to Pachirishu to scout Choice Scarf as well. Against Raichu, you go Sawbuck and click Double Edge. Do not tera Pachirishu unless you are in range of Blizzard or Surf. Basculin is the muscle of the squad, A lot of the team has U-turn so getting it in is easy for the team and any checks that switch into Basculin are easily switched in on. Basculin is the teams biggest tera user outside of Fletchinder, the main reason for that is that it is your best way of handling Charizard, with Tera water Aqua Jet. This is my Fletchinder spread, I actually think Fletchinder is a decent pick on teams as it can switch into Steel-type rock setters and deny Rocks that way. Tera Ghost is so it can try and handle Rock-type setters much the same way, by switching in on them. Flame Body is amazing for Misdreavus late game as well, I have saved Fletchinder at 1% just to try and sack for a burn chance. The only reason Perrserker is here over Gogoat is for Stealth Rock. Tera ghost Perrserker is the only reason the team doesn't auto lose to Calm Mind Moonblast variants of Carbink. Gogoat adds a better check to Basculin as this team struggles with it otherwise. How I beat opposing Basculin without Gogoat is keeping the pressure up with Sawsbuck that being said a Choice Scarf Basculin can easily beat this team. Misdreavus is a late game wincon, after spreading your burns and paras you set up a Calm Mind and go from there. It also acts as the Double Dance Carbink and Bulk Up Gogoat check. Sawsbuck is the Revenge Killer for the squad, but is also a pretty good wincon late game especially if you spread a bunch of paralyses.

Last edited:

UberSkitty

Assist Skitty was too broken for NDUbers
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Haven't done a Team Dump in a while, so here are a bunch I've made post-shift. In order of oldest to newest, click on the team pic for its PokePaste.

Actual Teams:
Wow, I don't build very many serious teams.
1691950661772.png
1691950689862.png
1691950785316.png
1691950851816.png

Weather/Terrain/Trick Room:
Title. Just wanna say that Trick Room is very unexplored with Fling+Iron Ball and the new item Room Service.
1691950883359.png
1691950934590.png
1691950955943.png
1691950978808.png

Testing:
Just teams built around specific mons/sets that I think could work. Or that I know won't work but still seem fun.
1691951439634.png
1691951022080.png
1691951085150.png
1691951577748.png
1691950817972.png
1691951204839.png

Meme/Theme Teams:
There are more teams here than in Actual Teams. Huh.
1691950735642.png
1691951050206.png
1691951150107.png
1691951282925.png
1691951300502.png

Melt Gibson

is a Forum Moderator
Hi! Submitting my Double Dance Wyrdeer team :) [importable here]
:wyrdeer: :haunter: :whiscash: :charizard: :leafeon: :tinkatuff:
:wyrdeer: The star of the show. 60 Speed EVs with a neutral nature allows you to outspeed Alolan Persian after an Agility, with the rest invested in physical bulk. This, in combination with Intimidate, helps Wyrdeer find many more opportunities to set up and start running away with the game. Tera Blast in combination with Tera Fairy allows you to hit Dark-types and Stored Power nukes everything else once you've got some boosts.

:haunter: Functions as a cleaner in case Wyrdeer can't finish the job, as well as creating setup opportunities by using Trick to choice lock passive opposing Pokemon. Also adds some speed control and has the added bonus of not caring about Spikes or Sticky Webs like Lycanroc would.

:whiscash: This was originally Rocks, but then changed to Spikes later when adding Tinkatuff. Having a fat, obnoxious hazard setter that also worked to stop momentum from fast Electrics is something that I think benefits this team a lot. Also, being able to stop non-Trailblaze variants of Klawf from accomplishing much is a great tool in the current meta. ALSO functions as the team's primary answer to Charizard and other offensive Fires.

:charizard: Here to kill Steels that give Wyrdeer a hard time, as well as function as the team's primary breaker. Not much to explain on the thought process here, it just does what Charizard tends to do.

:leafeon: Wish passing, as well as an answer to Whiscash and offensive Grounds like Dugtrio. X-Scissor to help with the Flapple matchup, but you could also replace it with Leech Seed or something else if you want to. Very nice fat team support here that just does its job consistently.

:tinkatuff: Rocks, Knock, TWave for annoying fast shit, and Encore to generate free turns for the deer. Seemed like a no-brainer for the last slot, really, since it provides backup speed control and helps to accomplish this team's ideal endgame of bringing in Wyrdeer and boosting up to absurd levels before cleaning out with Stored Power. Good general utility stick that also takes some of the pressure off of Whiscash as the primary hazard setter.

justdrew

is an official Team Rateris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
PUPL Champion
Here are some teams I used while qualifying for PULT and in other games. Enjoy!

:persian-alola::crabominable::whiscash::misdreavus::flapple::rabsca: - This is a partial TR team I built that I think is really awesome. You have A-Persian and Flapple which provide pivots, speed, and offensive pressure. Then there's Whiscash which remains the best hazard setter by being immune to Taunt and also switching in to literally everything that doesn't have a grass move. Missy, Rabsca, and Crab provide great TR setters/sweepers while also having the bulk to exist outside of trick room.

:pyroar::perrserker::whiscash::haunter::gogoat::dachsbun: - Pyrorar is awesome in this metagame with it's speed tier, decent bulk, and ability to hit hard before and after Tera with its stab blast. This team utilizes a Perrs that doesn't allow Whiscash to set rocks, and Dachsbun which is nice vs Stored Power Wyrdeer sets. Scarf Haunter is great speed control. And Gogoat is just the goat; Ground-resist and phenomenal late game sweeper.

:electrode::persian-alola::whiscash::haunter::gogoat::chansey:- Here's a team I wanted to utilize Chansey's great special bulk with a set that 1v1s sub Haunters and set up Missy sets. I once again utilize Gogoat on a team that Duggys are very good against. My Haunter set I really enjoy because you can initially bluff scarf with rocks damage and then terrorize Pokemon with only one way to hit Haunter, like some Gogoat sets. It is a phenomenal late game tool, get behind a Sub, and spread burns. Whiscash is the defensive glue while Persian provides an additional sweeper and speed coupled with Electrode for more speed and Foul Play for Duggy and other physical Pokemon that are low enough.

:gogoat::skuntank::dugtrio-alola::rotom-frost::electrode::dachsbun:- Another Gogoat! But it's just that good so don't mind it. Skuntank provides decent counterplay to Haunter as well as Toxic Spikes which performs well against hyper offense which uses less Heavy Duty Boots. Tspikes + Roar is a really nice combination and Dachsbun is also just a great way to make Frostom, Charizard, Pyroar, and Wyrdeer less problematic. Will-O-Wisp Frostom I think is just slightly better than Nasty Plot right now because there is a whole lot you can status and chip to make progress. Dugtrio provides a good hazard setter and Sucker Punch comes in handy especially against ladder cheese. And Electrode is super slept on right now. Speed tier, a variety of Tera's and Foul Play/Taunt offers so much utility.

Last edited:
Hello! I have decided to share my attempt at a stall build using Klawf after it dropped in the last shift. Let's go with the team:

:klawf: :whiscash: :swalot: :chansey: :dachsbun: :persian-alola:

klawf.jpg

Klawf @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock
As you will see, most of these sets are fairly standard. I started building around Klawf to take advantage of Knock Off, removing opposing HDB/Lefties/Eviolite, etc. to start pressuring with chip damage from hazards (namely SR) and status. Rock Slide is its main STAB and SD allows it not to be as passive. HDB + Regen give it great longevity throughout the game, enabling it to take considerable dmg so as to make progress either by setting stones or k-offing. Tera Water is a need against the Basculin MU since this team does not have a physical Water resist; it is also fantastic to deal with offensive Perrserker (a must for CB), Crabominable, Duggy bros, and Beartic on rain teams.

whiscash.jpg

Whiscash @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Oblivious
Tera Type: Ghost / Poison
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Earth Power
- Surf
- Rest
I decided to follow up with Klawf's usual partner in crime, Whiscash. Its nice typing gives the team an electric immunity, mostly to prevent annoying Volt Switches and tank other special hits. It also provides Spikes to continue the heavy load of hazards; Earth Power and Surf are nice additions as STAB while Rest allows it to recover HP immediately as it runs HDB and does not get much HP from Dach. Tera Ghost is mainly to stop Spin from the rare Quax as well as it is nice to stop IronPress sets and Chansey; you could also run Poison to fare better against certain MUs. However, I have rarely Tera'd it.

swalot.jpg

Swalot @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Sticky Hold
Tera Type: Fighting
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Body Press
- Rest
- Acid Armor / Shadow Ball
Not only it's a great Knock-Off absorber (needed not to lose the entire team's HDBs lol), but it also makes a lot of progress by badly poisoning the opposing mons with Toxic. Do you want to switch to a Steel type? No worries, you will be dealt with AcidPress. Rest is also great for sitting in front of mons for days and forcing switches. If it is at full/high HP, it can sit in front of the common Scarf Haunter set to see which move it goes for. Trick will fail and you will always live one move, therefore you can go into Chansey or make double switches so as not to lose momentum. It has a poor MU against the Sub NP set, for which you could run Shadow Ball although it is way worse overall, in my opinion. Tera Fighting sheds its Ground weakness and provides a useful STAB on BPress.

chansey.jpg

Chansey @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Natural Cure
Calm Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave
- Heal Bell
I quickly realised that HDB > Eviolite on this team as Chansey gets quickly whittled down by hazards. Therefore, I had to fully go SpDef as it is naturally built for; this means that it really fears all physical moves as well as Psyshocks. Nonetheless, this is compensated by walling almost all special attackers in the tier. Usual Chansey stuff, T-Wave is great for slowing down mons and gaining the chance to make them not move for a turn while Heal Bell is a must to remove all status from the team, especially after running Rest on two mons. Tera Water is helpful against Golduck, especially if it's under rain and using LO/Mystic Water + Tera of its own.

dachsbun.jpg

Dachsbun @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Aroma Veil / Well-Baked Body
Tera Type: Steel
Careful Nature
- Play Rough
- Roar
- Protect
- Wish
This is the typical WishPasser set Dachsbun runs to support its teammates and itself, using Roar over BPress as it is great for phazing and negating set up in front of it. Its Tera Steel typing makes it immune against its previous Poison weakness and grants it a stronger typing if the game demands it. Now, the controversial pick for this mon (and arguably the whole team) is the use of Aroma Veil over WBB. Although the latter is absolutely great as a Fire immunity is great (even more if Tera'd), the access of negating the increasingly common Taunt and Encore so as to be able to Wish freely is a greater asset for this team in my opinion. You may use WBB if you prefer though, it is still great on this build.

persian alola.jpg

Persian-Alola @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Fur Coat
Tera Type: Steel / Ghost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Foul Play
- Taunt
- Snarl
- Parting Shot
I finally chose Alolan Persian as I needed more Speed in the team, while also being able to take some hits reasonably well. This set is the standard pivoting set, but it foregoes Thunder Wave over Snarl as an answer to those Sub (Tera-)Ghost set-up sets like Missy/Haunter but also Tera-Ghost Houndoom/Rotom-Frost. It does not do, enough damage to kill them, but it should be enough to slow them down and stop them from sweeping. On a final note, I will say that this is most times my lead as it can usually PShot to soften moves for Klawf/Whiscash to come in and (Knock Off and) set hazards.
I have had a fair amount of success with this team, so I hope you can give it a try before the tier transforms when the dlc drops. This is also my first time posting anything; I'm not an expert by any means thus sorry if I used terms incorrectly.

Askov

Explode
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Champion
UUPL Champion
Hello! I have decided to share my attempt at a stall build using Klawf after it dropped in the last shift. Let's go with the team:

:klawf: :whiscash: :swalot: :chansey: :dachsbun: :persian-alola:

View attachment 545400
Klawf @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock
As you will see, most of these sets are fairly standard. I started building around Klawf to take advantage of Knock Off, removing opposing HDB/Lefties/Eviolite, etc. to start pressuring with chip damage from hazards (namely SR) and status. Rock Slide is its main STAB and SD allows it not to be as passive. HDB + Regen give it great longevity throughout the game, enabling it to take considerable dmg so as to make progress either by setting stones or k-offing. Tera Water is a need against the Basculin MU since this team does not have a physical Water resist; it is also fantastic to deal with offensive Perrserker (a must for CB), Crabominable, Duggy bros, and Beartic on rain teams.

View attachment 545401
Whiscash @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Oblivious
Tera Type: Ghost / Poison
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Earth Power
- Surf
- Rest
I decided to follow up with Klawf's usual partner in crime, Whiscash. Its nice typing gives the team an electric immunity, mostly to prevent annoying Volt Switches and tank other special hits. It also provides Spikes to continue the heavy load of hazards; Earth Power and Surf are nice additions as STAB while Rest allows it to recover HP immediately as it runs HDB and does not get much HP from Dach. Tera Ghost is mainly to stop Spin from the rare Quax as well as it is nice to stop IronPress sets and Chansey; you could also run Poison to fare better against certain MUs. However, I have rarely Tera'd it.

View attachment 545402
Swalot @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Sticky Hold
Tera Type: Fighting
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Body Press
- Rest
- Acid Armor / Shadow Ball
Not only it's a great Knock-Off absorber (needed not to lose the entire team's HDBs lol), but it also makes a lot of progress by badly poisoning the opposing mons with Toxic. Do you want to switch to a Steel type? No worries, you will be dealt with AcidPress. Rest is also great for sitting in front of mons for days and forcing switches. If it is at full/high HP, it can sit in front of the common Scarf Haunter set to see which move it goes for. Trick will fail and you will always live one move, therefore you can go into Chansey or make double switches so as not to lose momentum. It has a poor MU against the Sub NP set, for which you could run Shadow Ball although it is way worse overall, in my opinion. Tera Fighting sheds its Ground weakness and provides a useful STAB on BPress.

View attachment 545403
Chansey @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Natural Cure
Calm Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave
- Heal Bell
I quickly realised that HDB > Eviolite on this team as Chansey gets quickly whittled down by hazards. Therefore, I had to fully go SpDef as it is naturally built for; this means that it really fears all physical moves as well as Psyshocks. Nonetheless, this is compensated by walling almost all special attackers in the tier. Usual Chansey stuff, T-Wave is great for slowing down mons and gaining the chance to make them not move for a turn while Heal Bell is a must to remove all status from the team, especially after running Rest on two mons. Tera Water is helpful against Golduck, especially if it's under rain and using LO/Mystic Water + Tera of its own.

View attachment 545404
Dachsbun @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Aroma Veil / Well-Baked Body
Tera Type: Steel
Careful Nature
- Play Rough
- Roar
- Protect
- Wish
This is the typical WishPasser set Dachsbun runs to support its teammates and itself, using Roar over BPress as it is great for phazing and negating set up in front of it. Its Tera Steel typing makes it immune against its previous Poison weakness and grants it a stronger typing if the game demands it. Now, the controversial pick for this mon (and arguably the whole team) is the use of Aroma Veil over WBB. Although the latter is absolutely great as a Fire immunity is great (even more if Tera'd), the access of negating the increasingly common Taunt and Encore so as to be able to Wish freely is a greater asset for this team in my opinion. You may use WBB if you prefer though, it is still great on this build.

View attachment 545405
Persian-Alola @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Fur Coat
Tera Type: Steel / Ghost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Foul Play
- Taunt
- Snarl
- Parting Shot
I finally chose Alolan Persian as I needed more Speed in the team, while also being able to take some hits reasonably well. This set is the standard pivoting set, but it foregoes Thunder Wave over Snarl as an answer to those Sub (Tera-)Ghost set-up sets like Missy/Haunter but also Tera-Ghost Houndoom/Rotom-Frost. It does not do, enough damage to kill them, but it should be enough to slow them down and stop them from sweeping. On a final note, I will say that this is most times my lead as it can usually PShot to soften moves for Klawf/Whiscash to come in and (Knock Off and) set hazards.
I have had a fair amount of success with this team, so I hope you can give it a try before the tier transforms when the dlc drops. This is also my first time posting anything; I'm not an expert by any means thus sorry if I used terms incorrectly.

since cycle 2 of pult seems to be locked i'll reinforce that this is a pretty good team for ladder as a whole, i didn't see this post until now but i shamelessly stole the team on ladder (and using a different version since i didn't know the original teras and stuff) after getting owned by it and it carried me through my pult run

:Chansey: :Whiscash: :Thwackey: :Crocalor: :Haunter: :Misdreavus: I qualified for PULT stall with this stall team. I don't actually have that much PU experience, but the team did very well in the short time that I played on the ladder. Whiscash is the weird set that it is to deal with Taunt NP Misdreavus. If they Tera, you kinda need Liquidation drops to beat them if they tera Fairy and Draining Kiss. Amnesia + Tera Normal help it not break you. Whiscash is probably better with Heavy-Duty Boots, but when I didn't have Shadow Ball on Chansey, the Leftovers healing was important to deal with NP Haunter. I'm not sure how important Leftovers healing is for Misdreavus, so I haven't changed it for posting it here. Tera Steel on Chansey is to resist Stored Power and to deal with Masqurein's Giga Drain. Crocalor can handle stuff like Gogoat and Falinks. Thwackey gives a Knock Off user + a sorta Klawf check. Misdreavus can check Crabominable and spinblock, although it can also lose to Crambominable. Klawf is kinda impossible to wall, so you do have to accept that you will likely have to get Thwackey and/or Misdreavus Knocked off, and that you may need to Tera Crocalor to handle it. Haunter has speed with Choice Scarf and is immune to most entry hazards.

I will also say that I did play the team posted above during PULT, and it does seem like a rather good team. It's difficult for my own team to beat it

First team of the latest meta: Samurott Offense

This team has taken me to high ladder with minimal effort. It is, of course, carried by several broken mons.

:Farigiraf: :Dugtrio-Alola: :Samurott: :Poliwrath: :Sandslash: :Abomasnow: (LINK)

General goal is to set up spikes with sandslash and pivot into Obamna to set up Veil. Pivot out with eject pack and go to your sweeper of choice (they all win numerous 1v1s).

Farigiraf is nasty and almost always cleans late game. Personally I think it should be banned, but enjoy it while it lasts.

- Bob :Mesprit:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)