Project SV OU Teambuilding Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.
double fire double dark BO - https://pokepast.es/0983270b03a50610
:skeledirge: :kingambit: :corviknight: :hydreigon: :toedscruel: :volcarona:
-----------------------------------------

TLDR: this is a bulky offense team focused on wearing down shared checks and opening the door for others to sweep/clean. kingambit's bread and butter set is strong on its own, but the other three bulky sweepers - skeledirge, hydreigon, and volcarona - help push through shared checks.

:toedscruel: is my lead more often than not, especially if they don't have a grass type. mycelium might guarantees that something is going to bed, including hatterene, gholdengo, and garganacl. the -1 priority bracket is weird, but it's more of a sidegrade in my eyes rather than a hindrance - because a slept mon is guaranteed to sleep for at least one turn, going last in the turn you click spore ensures you get a safe switch into one of your four offensive mons below. max hp/spdef and aguav berry give you decent longevity without needing to lead to use a focus sash. knock off and rapid spin are great utility moves, and EP is your strongest stab. I almost never tera toed.

:kingambit: we all know how strong this dude is at this point. it's really just bisharp on steroids. kowtow and iron head are a great offensive stab combo, sucker is excellent priority, and SD boosts your atk to disgusting levels, even before supreme overlord gets activated. with chien-pao gone, there's fewer dark resists running around, especially the physical ones, opening gambit up even more. I generally prefer lum over lefties, since getting burnt is more of a hindrance than having to eat a strong hit. you can definitely run lefties/blackglasses/etc. if you go tera fire.

:skeledirge: is definitely my favorite new mon this gen. sub dirge is such a middle finger to offensive and defensive mons alike, forcing something to eat a hit to break the sub or taking advantage of a passive mon to start snowballing with torch song. it's an offensive spread, so prioritize clicking torch song > shadow ball > sub > slack off. even if you get low from subbing or taking a hit, you can come in on something you outspeed, heal up, and start the cycle again. the tera is pretty customizable depending on what you want to surprise.

:hydreigon: just like the above two, hydreigon got better once pao got banned. one less faster threat makes your 324 speed tier better, and fewer dark resists means dark pulse is very spammable. draco is a strong stab, and your third attack is fairly open depending on your needs. flamethrower and flash cannon are good coverage moves, especially after you tera to their respective type, and tera blast is an option if you opt for poison or another type. nasty plot boosts you obscenely and helps you break through checks like opposing kingambit or hatterene.

:volcarona: is the center of a lot of debate right now, so I won't belabor how strong it is. on this team, I'm running bulky QD with wisp. this helps you 1v1 mons like great tusk and roaring moon while neutralizing lefties on clodsire, pex, and rotom, and lets dirge run sub easier by taking off the pressure of having to run wisp itself.

:corviknight: finally, the least sexy member of the team. corv's defogging capabilities are much worse with gholdengo in the tier, but it helps out toedscruel from being the sole hazard remover on the team. corv is still a great pivot, getting one of the aforementioned sweepers in while dissuading physical attackers with rocky helmet. it's not fully passive, either - brave bird is strong enough to 1v1 baxcalibur or tusk if necessary.

it's a fairly simple game flow - put something to bed with :toedscruel: before going into one of your sweepers :kingambit: :skeledirge: :hydreigon: :volcarona: until you either die or get forced out. even though you're doubled up on fire and dark types, their secondary types, tera, and :corviknight: mean you can double around against most threats until you're in a better spot. definitely play proactively/aggro against defensive mons - something like unaware clodsire or toxic + haze toxapex might cripple or wall one of your guys, but keeping it low can be the difference maker for one of the other three.

I PR'd with this team in the 1830s/107ish on the ladder so I know it's got legs, but I wanna improve, so all feedback is welcome. I might make a more detailed breakdown with replays for a RMT, and I'll link to that here if I do.

Exotic64

MDRRRRRRRR
is a Tiering Contributor
Lum Berry Kingambit - https://pokepast.es/7c0829f8469fea30
:kingambit: :hatterene: :garchomp: :dragonite: :cinderace: :scizor:

Recently, I have had a lot of success on the ladder with this team, peaking 1850. The surprise factor of Banded Dragonite, coupled with AV Scizor tanking and pivoting from many checks to this team, Tera Fairy Kingambit and more - is what makes this team so great.

:Garchomp: Garchomp is my preferred lead and a great mixed attacker. Primarily against Rotom-Wash leads and Glimmoras, starting Garchomp is a good idea. It can do 60-70% to a defensive Rotom-Wash with Draco Meteor and can OHKO a physical Great Tusk. It's Earthquake is a devastating threat for opponents who are baited by the -2 SpA drop from Draco, and if they swap in Toxapex/Clodsire/Garg they will take immense damage due to the Life Orb boost. Garchomp also runs Fire Blast, which is great into someone who swaps in Corviknight thinking it is a threat, however on the contrary Corviknight will be 2HKOd by Fire Blast. Garchomp is also running Stealth Rocks, applying pressure on the rest of the enemy team if neglected. In conclusion, Garchomp is a great lead and wall breaker that can set up the rest of the team with success.

252+ SpA Life Orb Garchomp Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Great Tusk: 364-429 (98.1 - 115.6%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Garchomp Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Rotom-Wash: 207-243 (68 - 79.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
12 Atk Life Orb Garchomp Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 192+ Def Toxapex: 198-234 (65.1 - 76.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
12 Atk Life Orb Garchomp Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Clodsire: 530-624 (114.4 - 134.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

:Hatterene: Hatterene is a great switch in to hazard setters such as Ting-Lu, and can single handedly shut down the annoying Garganacl Iron Defense Body Press set thanks to its healing capabilities with Calm Mind and Draining Kiss. Covert Cloak is not necessary if played correctly as you should always beat Garg in a 1v1, and if they let you set up Hatterene can become a very scary win condition. Against a hard Gholdengo / Kingambit switch, it is advised to swap into Scizor respectively since it is Assault Vest and can tank Gholdengo's Make it Rain and Shadow Ball very comfortably, whereas Kingambit will be threatened with a Close Combat. Alternatively, if Hatterene is expendable depending on the situation, a +1 Mystical Fire can do good damage to checks, allowing Kingambit to come in later and kill with ease.

0 SpA Hatterene Mystical Fire vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Gholdengo: 152-180 (48.2 - 57.1%) -- 91% chance to 2HKO
+1 0 SpA Hatterene Mystical Fire vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Gholdengo: 226-268 (71.7 - 85%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 0 SpA Hatterene Mystical Fire vs. 112 HP / 0 SpD Kingambit: 242-286 (65.5 - 77.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Hatterene Mystical Fire vs. 112 HP / 0 SpD Kingambit: 162-192 (43.9 - 52%) -- 14.1% chance to 2HKO

:Cinderace: Cinderace is a good pivot and checks common steel types such as Kingambit and Gholdengo with a powerful Pyro Ball or HJK. Cinderace's access to Court Change makes it very good against Hazard Spam teams, and its fast speed allows it to pivot with ease. Into Meowscarada leads I like starting off with Cinderace as it can live a Banded Meowscarada Knock Off and kill it back whilst getting a lot of momentum. However be cautious about hazards and play accordingly if you are going this approach.

188 Atk Libero Cinderace U-turn vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Meowscarada: 540-640 (184.3 - 218.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Meowscarada Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 64 HP / 0 Def Cinderace: 268-316 (84.5 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

:Dragonite: Banded Dragonite is not what many people expect, as the most common moveset of Dragonite is its Dragon Dance variation. However because of this Banded Dragonite can become a secondary win condition with its extremely powerful Outrages and a late game Tera-Normal Extreme Speed sweep. It's superb ability of Multiscale allows it to switch in to threats and revenge kill them, most notably being able to tank a +2 Opposing Dragonite's E speed with ease while revenge killing it.

252 Atk Choice Band Tera Normal Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Iron Valiant: 219-258 (75.7 - 89.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Tera Normal Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Iron Moth: 303-357 (100.6 - 118.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Tera Normal Dragonite Outrage vs. 252 HP / 172+ Def Amoonguss: 297-349 (68.7 - 80.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Tera Normal Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Roaring Moon: 265-313 (75.4 - 89.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

:scizor: Scizor naturally counters Iron Valiant and many fairy types, which is this team's main weakness. Thanks to its excellent typing and moveset, Scizor can beat many Special Attackers, including Gholdengo and Iron Valiant, this team's biggest threats, as well as Hatterene. Unlike banded Scizor, it is not locked into any moves, and can naturally pivot very well thanks to U-turn, whilst still being a threat to Pokemon such as Gholdengo and Kingambit with Technician boosted Thief and Close Combat.

252 SpA Choice Specs Iron Valiant Moonblast vs. 248 HP / 144 SpD Assault Vest Scizor: 75-88 (21.8 - 25.6%) -- 1.3% chance to 4HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Tera Fairy Iron Valiant Aura Sphere vs. 248 HP / 144 SpD Assault Vest Scizor: 127-150 (37 - 43.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
116+ Atk Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Tera Fairy Iron Valiant: 212-252 (73.3 - 87.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Gholdengo Shadow Ball vs. 248 HP / 144 SpD Assault Vest Scizor: 91-108 (26.5 - 31.4%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Dragapult Shadow Ball vs. 248 HP / 144 SpD Assault Vest Scizor: 111-132 (32.3 - 38.4%) -- 97.7% chance to 3HKO
0 SpA Hatterene Mystical Fire vs. 248 HP / 144 SpD Assault Vest Scizor: 192-228 (55.9 - 66.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

:kingambit: Kingambit is the bread and butter of this team. It is one of the primary win conditions late game and can sweep teams despite large number disadvantages. Lum Berry on Kingambit allows it to freely stay in when threatened by any status such as Wisp - and revenge kill accordingly. Kingambit's Tera Fairy allows it to stay in on the common Great Tusk Switch-in and kill it back after 1 SD. One shots are rare unless the opposing mon is squishy, which is why it is advised to use Kingambit as a late game sweeper when it is maxed out as much as possible on Supreme Overlord stacks. Kingambit at 5 stacks can basically kill anything with a Kowtow Cleave, and its Tera Fairy will allow it to kill its normal checks, such as Great Tusk, Breloom and Dragonite. Kingambit will also always beat Skeledirge in a 1v1 due to its Lum Berry canceling out the Will-O-Wisp.

(For Calcs I will be using 3 allies fainted Kingambit as it is the most common occurrence from personal experience, lol.)
+2 252+ Atk Supreme Overlord 3 allies fainted Tera Fairy Kingambit Tera Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Great Tusk: 458-540 (105.5 - 124.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Supreme Overlord 3 allies fainted Tera Fairy Kingambit Tera Blast vs. 144 HP / 0 Def Multiscale Dragonite: 400-472 (111.4 - 131.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Supreme Overlord 3 allies fainted Tera Fairy Kingambit Kowtow Cleave vs. 252 HP / 192+ Def Toxapex: 228-268 (75 - 88.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Supreme Overlord 3 allies fainted Tera Fairy Kingambit Tera Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Ting-Lu: 630-744 (122.5 - 144.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Supreme Overlord 3 allies fainted Tera Fairy Kingambit Kowtow Cleave vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Unaware Skeledirge: 410-486 (99.7 - 118.2%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

----------------------

If you have any questions about the team feel free to PM me or message me through Discord. It is a very fun team and I guarantee you will enjoy playing with it!

Some replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1804421237 (Using Hydreigon Vairation instead of Scizor, more aggressive but requires more careful play due to insane fairy weakness)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1809040011 (Against trick room)
I should have more but I'll update the list accordingly

Last edited:

Red Raven

I COULD BE BANNED!
:amoonguss::gholdengo::great tusk::kingambit::iron valiant::garchomp:

This team was made with the idea of a Kingambit + Garchomp core. Kingambit hates the likes of Great Tusk and Corviknight and Mixed Garchomp is a powerful choice to get rid of both. Galladevoir gives speed control and a way to cripple enemy walls should its speed prove to be unnecessary. Donphan is the rocker of the team to mainly check opposing Kingambits and other physically based threats. Among Us is because I hate Garganacl and also removes toxic spikes as well as being a good scout against opposing Galladevoirs. Gholdengo is more or less the same and I needed something to protect my hazards so, why not this one. I also made a mistake in the paste. Among Us' spread is supposed to be 168 Def / 88 SpD with bold nature. I copied the wrong one

CB Great Tusk + Kingambit Semi-Sun Bulky Offense
:great tusk: :torkoal: :kingambit: :sandy shocks: :iron moth: :slowking:

A fun team that uses Torkoal to force switches with Yawn and bring Protosynthesis breakers in on Sun. It also has Kingambit, who is great at providing speed control with Sucker Punch.

:great tusk: Great Tusk holding Choice Band under Sun has something like 703 Atk. This is high. I try to use its great bulk to bring it into battle frequently, preferably while Sun is up, to blow enourmous holes in the opposing team.

:torkoal: Torkoal makes the team go round. He has full hazard control between Stealth Rock and Rapid Spin, a field-setting ability in Drought, and Yawn to let him force switches and bring my teammates (especially Great Tusk) into battle safely.

:kingambit: Kingambit beats Dragapult, Skeledirge, Gholdengo, and so on and so forth, things that no team can survive without a check to. He is my go-to if my original strategy fails, as he thrives off of the situation. When I lose my sun-setter and/or sun breakers, Kingambit gets stronger with Supreme Overlord and can sweep fast with Sucker Punch, provided my Protomons have cleared the field for him.

:sandy shocks: My special breaker. He can pivot around with Volt Switch, stack hazards on forced switches with Spikes ( usually doesn’t, most of the time he’s spamming STABs. Spiked is just nice to have as I have found he doesn’t really need coverage), and do very large damage under sun (252 SpA Protosynthesis Sandy Shocks Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 28 SpD Garganacl: 386-456 (95.5 - 112.8%) -- 75% chance to OHKO).

:Iron moth: Iron Moth is my main special sweeper. Even without a boosting ability, it gets a lot of power from sun to back up its Fiery Dance. Booster Energy + Quark Drive SpA boost + Fiery Dance SpA boost + Sun = ded. Also a good switch into Iron Valiant.

:slowking: The last slot needed to be filled by a bulky Water-type to beat opposing Waters, which my team loses to up until this point. I experimented with Curse Dondozo and Bulk Up Quaquaval, but I decided I needed a wall rather than a sweeper, so I went with Slowking. He provides necessary pivoting and wallbreaking support, but sadly removes Sun when he pivots. This can, however, be used to reset sun as I switch to Torkoal.

Week 7 Building phase is now over!

:sv/Kingambit:

Here are the submissions!

Team A
by lolgod3
https://pokepast.es/8fcd9513969ab3e3
Gambit Webs (or rather, Masquerain Gambit)
:Masquerain: :Meowscarada: :Gholdengo: :Kingambit: :Volcarona: :Great Tusk:
Masquerain is the best webs setter in the meta, which isn't saying a lot when your competition is freakin' kricketune and spidops. It's fast and has Intimidate, meaning it isn't a dead weight after turn 1, and it can deny setup with Stun Spore or Whirlwind.
Meowscarada is an alternate lead when the opponent can lead with something that checks Masquerain, such as Garganacl or Glimmora. Standard moveset not much to say tbh
Gholdengo has a specs set for more power, also spinblocker for Masquerain
Kingambit has a bit more speed investment than usual, to outspeed certain opposing mons who EV to beat standard Gambit. Other than that, its set is pretty standard
Volcarona is another setup user, who is quite excellent at its job. It can be used lategame to destroy opposing fire-weak mons or used early to deny Gholdengo / Orthworm entry
Great Tusk is a spinner who also sets up rocks, because it's better than no hazards. Forgoing Knock Off in exchange for rocks has proven useful in many games already. It's the most used mon in the meta for a reason

Bad Matchups:
:Skeledirge: This stupid fire croc beats 4/6 of my mons with its fire STAB, and cripples Great Tusk with burn. It also beats Volc 1v1, but it can be used to pivot in Tusk to inflict a devastating HLR
:Dondozo: Only Meowscarada and Gholdengo can beat this beeg catfish reliably, Volcarona can't due to lack of damage output when unboosted, and the others are physical attackers, while Masquerain doesnt do much damage
:Clodsire: ok I have bad matchups against the unaware trio but this one is less harsh, I can pivot into steel types to avoid toxic and GT can OHKO
Team B by fly casanova
double fire double dark BO - https://pokepast.es/0983270b03a50610
:skeledirge: :kingambit: :corviknight: :hydreigon: :toedscruel: :volcarona:

TLDR: this is a bulky offense team focused on wearing down shared checks and opening the door for others to sweep/clean. kingambit's bread and butter set is strong on its own, but the other three bulky sweepers - skeledirge, hydreigon, and volcarona - help push through shared checks.

:toedscruel: is my lead more often than not, especially if they don't have a grass type. mycelium might guarantees that something is going to bed, including hatterene, gholdengo, and garganacl. the -1 priority bracket is weird, but it's more of a sidegrade in my eyes rather than a hindrance - because a slept mon is guaranteed to sleep for at least one turn, going last in the turn you click spore ensures you get a safe switch into one of your four offensive mons below. max hp/spdef and aguav berry give you decent longevity without needing to lead to use a focus sash. knock off and rapid spin are great utility moves, and EP is your strongest stab. I almost never tera toed.

:kingambit: we all know how strong this dude is at this point. it's really just bisharp on steroids. kowtow and iron head are a great offensive stab combo, sucker is excellent priority, and SD boosts your atk to disgusting levels, even before supreme overlord gets activated. with chien-pao gone, there's fewer dark resists running around, especially the physical ones, opening gambit up even more. I generally prefer lum over lefties, since getting burnt is more of a hindrance than having to eat a strong hit. you can definitely run lefties/blackglasses/etc. if you go tera fire.

:skeledirge: is definitely my favorite new mon this gen. sub dirge is such a middle finger to offensive and defensive mons alike, forcing something to eat a hit to break the sub or taking advantage of a passive mon to start snowballing with torch song. it's an offensive spread, so prioritize clicking torch song > shadow ball > sub > slack off. even if you get low from subbing or taking a hit, you can come in on something you outspeed, heal up, and start the cycle again. the tera is pretty customizable depending on what you want to surprise.

:hydreigon: just like the above two, hydreigon got better once pao got banned. one less faster threat makes your 324 speed tier better, and fewer dark resists means dark pulse is very spammable. draco is a strong stab, and your third attack is fairly open depending on your needs. flamethrower and flash cannon are good coverage moves, especially after you tera to their respective type, and tera blast is an option if you opt for poison or another type. nasty plot boosts you obscenely and helps you break through checks like opposing kingambit or hatterene.

:volcarona: is the center of a lot of debate right now, so I won't belabor how strong it is. on this team, I'm running bulky QD with wisp. this helps you 1v1 mons like great tusk and roaring moon while neutralizing lefties on clodsire, pex, and rotom, and lets dirge run sub easier by taking off the pressure of having to run wisp itself.

:corviknight: finally, the least sexy member of the team. corv's defogging capabilities are much worse with gholdengo in the tier, but it helps out toedscruel from being the sole hazard remover on the team. corv is still a great pivot, getting one of the aforementioned sweepers in while dissuading physical attackers with rocky helmet. it's not fully passive, either - brave bird is strong enough to 1v1 baxcalibur or tusk if necessary.

it's a fairly simple game flow - put something to bed with :toedscruel: before going into one of your sweepers :kingambit: :skeledirge: :hydreigon: :volcarona: until you either die or get forced out. even though you're doubled up on fire and dark types, their secondary types, tera, and :corviknight: mean you can double around against most threats until you're in a better spot. definitely play proactively/aggro against defensive mons - something like unaware clodsire or toxic + haze toxapex might cripple or wall one of your guys, but keeping it low can be the difference maker for one of the other three.

I PR'd with this team in the 1830s/107ish on the ladder so I know it's got legs, but I wanna improve, so all feedback is welcome. I might make a more detailed breakdown with replays for a RMT, and I'll link to that here if I do.
Team C by Exotic64
Lum Berry Kingambit - https://pokepast.es/7c0829f8469fea30
:kingambit: :hatterene: :garchomp: :dragonite: :cinderace: :scizor:

Recently, I have had a lot of success on the ladder with this team, peaking 1850. The surprise factor of Banded Dragonite, coupled with AV Scizor tanking and pivoting from many checks to this team, Tera Fairy Kingambit and more - is what makes this team so great.

:Garchomp: Garchomp is my preferred lead and a great mixed attacker. Primarily against Rotom-Wash leads and Glimmoras, starting Garchomp is a good idea. It can do 60-70% to a defensive Rotom-Wash with Draco Meteor and can OHKO a physical Great Tusk. It's Earthquake is a devastating threat for opponents who are baited by the -2 SpA drop from Draco, and if they swap in Toxapex/Clodsire/Garg they will take immense damage due to the Life Orb boost. Garchomp also runs Fire Blast, which is great into someone who swaps in Corviknight thinking it is a threat, however on the contrary Corviknight will be 2HKOd by Fire Blast. Garchomp is also running Stealth Rocks, applying pressure on the rest of the enemy team if neglected. In conclusion, Garchomp is a great lead and wall breaker that can set up the rest of the team with success.

252+ SpA Life Orb Garchomp Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Great Tusk: 364-429 (98.1 - 115.6%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Garchomp Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Rotom-Wash: 207-243 (68 - 79.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
12 Atk Life Orb Garchomp Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 192+ Def Toxapex: 198-234 (65.1 - 76.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
12 Atk Life Orb Garchomp Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Clodsire: 530-624 (114.4 - 134.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

:Hatterene: Hatterene is a great switch in to hazard setters such as Ting-Lu, and can single handedly shut down the annoying Garganacl Iron Defense Body Press set thanks to its healing capabilities with Calm Mind and Draining Kiss. Covert Cloak is not necessary if played correctly as you should always beat Garg in a 1v1, and if they let you set up Hatterene can become a very scary win condition. Against a hard Gholdengo / Kingambit switch, it is advised to swap into Scizor respectively since it is Assault Vest and can tank Gholdengo's Make it Rain and Shadow Ball very comfortably, whereas Kingambit will be threatened with a Close Combat. Alternatively, if Hatterene is expendable depending on the situation, a +1 Mystical Fire can do good damage to checks, allowing Kingambit to come in later and kill with ease.

0 SpA Hatterene Mystical Fire vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Gholdengo: 152-180 (48.2 - 57.1%) -- 91% chance to 2HKO
+1 0 SpA Hatterene Mystical Fire vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Gholdengo: 226-268 (71.7 - 85%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 0 SpA Hatterene Mystical Fire vs. 112 HP / 0 SpD Kingambit: 242-286 (65.5 - 77.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Hatterene Mystical Fire vs. 112 HP / 0 SpD Kingambit: 162-192 (43.9 - 52%) -- 14.1% chance to 2HKO

:Cinderace: Cinderace is a good pivot and checks common steel types such as Kingambit and Gholdengo with a powerful Pyro Ball or HJK. Cinderace's access to Court Change makes it very good against Hazard Spam teams, and its fast speed allows it to pivot with ease. Into Meowscarada leads I like starting off with Cinderace as it can live a Banded Meowscarada Knock Off and kill it back whilst getting a lot of momentum. However be cautious about hazards and play accordingly if you are going this approach.

188 Atk Libero Cinderace U-turn vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Meowscarada: 540-640 (184.3 - 218.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Meowscarada Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 64 HP / 0 Def Cinderace: 268-316 (84.5 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

:Dragonite: Banded Dragonite is not what many people expect, as the most common moveset of Dragonite is its Dragon Dance variation. However because of this Banded Dragonite can become a secondary win condition with its extremely powerful Outrages and a late game Tera-Normal Extreme Speed sweep. It's superb ability of Multiscale allows it to switch in to threats and revenge kill them, most notably being able to tank a +2 Opposing Dragonite's E speed with ease while revenge killing it.

252 Atk Choice Band Tera Normal Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Iron Valiant: 219-258 (75.7 - 89.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Tera Normal Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Iron Moth: 303-357 (100.6 - 118.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Tera Normal Dragonite Outrage vs. 252 HP / 172+ Def Amoonguss: 297-349 (68.7 - 80.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Tera Normal Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Roaring Moon: 265-313 (75.4 - 89.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

:scizor: Scizor naturally counters Iron Valiant and many fairy types, which is this team's main weakness. Thanks to its excellent typing and moveset, Scizor can beat many Special Attackers, including Gholdengo and Iron Valiant, this team's biggest threats, as well as Hatterene. Unlike banded Scizor, it is not locked into any moves, and can naturally pivot very well thanks to U-turn, whilst still being a threat to Pokemon such as Gholdengo and Kingambit with Technician boosted Thief and Close Combat.

252 SpA Choice Specs Iron Valiant Moonblast vs. 248 HP / 144 SpD Assault Vest Scizor: 75-88 (21.8 - 25.6%) -- 1.3% chance to 4HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Tera Fairy Iron Valiant Aura Sphere vs. 248 HP / 144 SpD Assault Vest Scizor: 127-150 (37 - 43.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
116+ Atk Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Tera Fairy Iron Valiant: 212-252 (73.3 - 87.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Gholdengo Shadow Ball vs. 248 HP / 144 SpD Assault Vest Scizor: 91-108 (26.5 - 31.4%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Dragapult Shadow Ball vs. 248 HP / 144 SpD Assault Vest Scizor: 111-132 (32.3 - 38.4%) -- 97.7% chance to 3HKO
0 SpA Hatterene Mystical Fire vs. 248 HP / 144 SpD Assault Vest Scizor: 192-228 (55.9 - 66.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

:kingambit: Kingambit is the bread and butter of this team. It is one of the primary win conditions late game and can sweep teams despite large number disadvantages. Lum Berry on Kingambit allows it to freely stay in when threatened by any status such as Wisp - and revenge kill accordingly. Kingambit's Tera Fairy allows it to stay in on the common Great Tusk Switch-in and kill it back after 1 SD. One shots are rare unless the opposing mon is squishy, which is why it is advised to use Kingambit as a late game sweeper when it is maxed out as much as possible on Supreme Overlord stacks. Kingambit at 5 stacks can basically kill anything with a Kowtow Cleave, and its Tera Fairy will allow it to kill its normal checks, such as Great Tusk, Breloom and Dragonite. Kingambit will also always beat Skeledirge in a 1v1 due to its Lum Berry canceling out the Will-O-Wisp.

(For Calcs I will be using 3 allies fainted Kingambit as it is the most common occurrence from personal experience, lol.)
+2 252+ Atk Supreme Overlord 3 allies fainted Tera Fairy Kingambit Tera Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Great Tusk: 458-540 (105.5 - 124.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Supreme Overlord 3 allies fainted Tera Fairy Kingambit Tera Blast vs. 144 HP / 0 Def Multiscale Dragonite: 400-472 (111.4 - 131.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Supreme Overlord 3 allies fainted Tera Fairy Kingambit Kowtow Cleave vs. 252 HP / 192+ Def Toxapex: 228-268 (75 - 88.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Supreme Overlord 3 allies fainted Tera Fairy Kingambit Tera Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Ting-Lu: 630-744 (122.5 - 144.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Supreme Overlord 3 allies fainted Tera Fairy Kingambit Kowtow Cleave vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Unaware Skeledirge: 410-486 (99.7 - 118.2%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

----------------------

If you have any questions about the team feel free to PM me or message me through Discord. It is a very fun team and I guarantee you will enjoy playing with it!

Some replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1804421237 (Using Hydreigon Vairation instead of Scizor, more aggressive but requires more careful play due to insane fairy weakness)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1809040011 (Against trick room)
I should have more but I'll update the list accordingly
Team D by Red Raven
:amoonguss::gholdengo::great tusk::kingambit::iron valiant::garchomp:

This team was made with the idea of a Kingambit + Garchomp core. Kingambit hates the likes of Great Tusk and Corviknight and Mixed Garchomp is a powerful choice to get rid of both. Galladevoir gives speed control and a way to cripple enemy walls should its speed prove to be unnecessary. Donphan is the rocker of the team to mainly check opposing Kingambits and other physically based threats. Among Us is because I hate Garganacl and also removes toxic spikes as well as being a good scout against opposing Galladevoirs. Gholdengo is more or less the same and I needed something to protect my hazards so, why not this one. I also made a mistake in the paste. Among Us' spread is supposed to be 168 Def / 88 SpD with bold nature. I copied the wrong one
Team E by The Exiled
CB Great Tusk + Kingambit Semi-Sun Bulky Offense
:great tusk: :torkoal: :kingambit: :sandy shocks: :iron moth: :slowking:

A fun team that uses Torkoal to force switches with Yawn and bring Protosynthesis breakers in on Sun. It also has Kingambit, who is great at providing speed control with Sucker Punch.

:great tusk: Great Tusk holding Choice Band under Sun has something like 703 Atk. This is high. I try to use its great bulk to bring it into battle frequently, preferably while Sun is up, to blow enourmous holes in the opposing team.

:torkoal: Torkoal makes the team go round. He has full hazard control between Stealth Rock and Rapid Spin, a field-setting ability in Drought, and Yawn to let him force switches and bring my teammates (especially Great Tusk) into battle safely.

:kingambit: Kingambit beats Dragapult, Skeledirge, Gholdengo, and so on and so forth, things that no team can survive without a check to. He is my go-to if my original strategy fails, as he thrives off of the situation. When I lose my sun-setter and/or sun breakers, Kingambit gets stronger with Supreme Overlord and can sweep fast with Sucker Punch, provided my Protomons have cleared the field for him.

:sandy shocks: My special breaker. He can pivot around with Volt Switch, stack hazards on forced switches with Spikes ( usually doesn’t, most of the time he’s spamming STABs. Spiked is just nice to have as I have found he doesn’t really need coverage), and do very large damage under sun (252 SpA Protosynthesis Sandy Shocks Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 28 SpD Garganacl: 386-456 (95.5 - 112.8%) -- 75% chance to OHKO).

:Iron moth: Iron Moth is my main special sweeper. Even without a boosting ability, it gets a lot of power from sun to back up its Fiery Dance. Booster Energy + Quark Drive SpA boost + Fiery Dance SpA boost + Sun = ded. Also a good switch into Iron Valiant.

:slowking: The last slot needed to be filled by a bulky Water-type to beat opposing Waters, which my team loses to up until this point. I experimented with Curse Dondozo and Bulk Up Quaquaval, but I decided I needed a wall rather than a sweeper, so I went with Slowking. He provides necessary pivoting and wallbreaking support, but sadly removes Sun when he pivots. This can, however, be used to reset sun as I switch to Torkoal.
The voting system used is the Ranked Pairs format. To vote you have to order your options like this: C>B>A>D, like this A>B=C>D, or like this D>C, assuming there are 4 team options (A, B, C, and D). If you choose not to vote for all teams, the last team(s) will be assumed to be last and valued equally if more than one got left out. Please send any questions you might have to my DMs!

You have ~4 days to vote!
:kingambit: Deadline is Saturday, March 4th! :kingambit:
Reminder: you can't include your own team in the string of votes.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
C > All others equal.

Going to ignore matchups against the new released mons because these teams were built for last meta.

Baloor

Tigers Management
is a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
PUPL Champion
Week 7 is over, congratulations to Exotic64 for winning the round!
team c won the vote pretty convincingly without the need for a calculator

WEEK 8
:sv/walking-wake:
OU's newest menace just dropped and is being suspected within a few days of its release. With a high spa stat, decent speed, good typing and a movepool that hits everything it needs to, its not a surprise that Wake has become quickly controversial There's a variety of ways to use Walking Wake such as agility, aoa, sub and scarf, however, the most popular set by far is specs due to its consistency on many playstyles. Wake has been a popular pick on weather teams due to its signature move hydro steam being both sun and rain boosted. If the mon being so new theres plenty of avenues you can explore with it! good luck!

:walking-wake: Deadline for the bulding phase is Saturday, March 11th :walking-wake:

:walking wake::torkoal::hatterene::roaring moon::great tusk::ceruledge:
RMT

Well I've done an RMT last week on a walking wake sun team so it literally takes no effort to share it here.
very standard stuff apart from roaring moon's set and ceruledge.

wake breaks, torkoal sets up sun and rocks, hat generates momentum and helps with hazards as both torkoal and sash ceruledge are better without hazards up, tusk does tusk things with tera fire + bu to help against volcarona and be a potential cleaner.
now, roaring moon is scarf proto attack instead of band proto speed because I like having scarf outside of sun to surprise dragapults and co who think they can lead against sun and expect the usual band set. power drop ain't that bad because you have another physical breaker, sash sd ceruledge, who's pretty good at getting rid of tusk for moon but also bulky water types for walking wake. i'm aware that ceruledge has solar blade, but i've found terablast to be a lot more useful against rain or when you can't have sun up in general. 90% of the time i use my tera on ceruledge but if i don't have to i will use tera water to power up that hydro steam.

what you want to do is preserve torkoal as much as possible and squeeze as much utility from hat and ledge as possible early game. very few people account for an early tera, especially not a teragrass ceruledge, and that allows you to take that initial advantage to allow you to be more aggressive with your offense as soon as possible. then you dance around with torkoal and tusk in order to position wake with a double or a sack and click buttons. you'll either clean up with wake or moon, who's able to clean even when sun runs out because you're fast. make sure to idenfify early if you need tera grass ceruledge and, if you don't, you have 2 ways. opp has volc, be careful with tusk. opp doesn't have volc, you can go to town with either tera dark moon or tera water wake.

interesting change to make, possibly, is eject pack tusk with both cc and h-rush for more immediate offense and momentum. i do like rocky helmet defensive a bit more though.

:Skeledirge: :Cacturne: :Glimmora: :Clodsire::Garganacl: :Walking Wake:
Cacturne and Walking Wake balance

I'll write up more when I'm not falling asleep but this team is very fun to use!

Edit: also nearly falling asleep but I'll do my best lol

This is a balance team based around the unorthodox use of Corrosion Glimmora and Eject Pack Cacturne.
Glimmora tends to draw in Mon like Clodsire who think they can avoid getting a Toxic. This helps wear down Walking Wake's checks ready to clean up late game. Cacturne is a soft check for opposing Walking Wake's, thanks to its immunity to Water. It can retaliate and preserve momentum with Leaf Storm, and fish for toxic damage with Spiky Shield. Sucker Punch is the lone priority move on the team, but it's a handy one.

Otherwise, most of the sets are pretty standard. The game plan is to get hazards up with Glimmora and Clod early game, wear opponents down with Toxic damage and spiky shield, before cleaning up late game with either Specs Wake or Skeledirge.

Here's a replay of it outlasting a stall team, in no small part thanks to Corrosion Toxic and Cacturne: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1818592922

Skeledirge @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Slack Off
- Substitute
- Torch Song
- Shadow Ball

Cacturne (M) @ Eject Pack
Ability: Water Absorb
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Spiky Shield
- Taunt
- Leaf Storm

Glimmora @ Air Balloon
Ability: Corrosion
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 224 HP / 32 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Toxic
- Mortal Spin
- Spiky Shield
- Power Gem

Clodsire @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Recover
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

Garganacl @ Covert Cloak
Ability: Purifying Salt
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Recover
- Salt Cure
- Curse
- Earthquake

Walking Wake @ Choice Specs
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Hydro Steam
- Flamethrower
- Draco Meteor

Last edited:
https://pokepast.es/3cf00e61c40a6579

with walking wake and dragapult willing to overload a lot of pokemon, and they have different counters they can very easily spam 130BP hex and hydro pump to clean through teams, and they launch their powerful dragon stab to cripple teams. Great tusk is pretty much a great mon to fit on such teams, its defensive as it allows the team to better deal with kingambit late game and relieves some pressure from amoonguss. Kingambit is my ghost switch in, tera fire allows it to avoid burns and low kick is a great move for opposing kingambit and ting lui. Skeledirge is the standard sp. def wall, it spreads burns to hex spam alongside dragapult to weaken the opponents for a classic late game sweep. Amoonguss helps spore to get entry points for walking wake, as who doesnt like sleeping opponents who dont see it coming

https://pokepast.es/73d841e60becdf4f

A hybrid weather team that was built to support Wake and beat opposing weather. I used both Torkoal and Pelipper as a spinner / rocks setter and a decent attacker, while both disrupting opposing weather. Walking Wake is obviously there to deal lots of damage, and Zoroark-Hisui is a great mon in itself, but can also support the team by breaking holes in the opposing team. Scarf Valiant is physical to break special walls like Unaware Clodsire and also a bit of a surprise factor since most people expect special valiant, and Hatterene is a hazard blocker that can be used to pivot in Walking Wake

EDIT: Hatterene is meant to have Psyshock instead of Psychic to also deal with clodsire

I built this team a while ago on day 1 I think so it's not very good, but it still works

Baloor

Tigers Management
is a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
PUPL Champion
WEEK 8 BUILDING PHASE IS NOW OVER
:sv/walking-wake:

Here are the submissions

Team A by SLDR
:walking wake::torkoal::hatterene::roaring moon::great tusk::ceruledge:
RMT

Well I've done an RMT last week on a walking wake sun team so it literally takes no effort to share it here.
very standard stuff apart from roaring moon's set and ceruledge.

wake breaks, torkoal sets up sun and rocks, hat generates momentum and helps with hazards as both torkoal and sash ceruledge are better without hazards up, tusk does tusk things with tera fire + bu to help against volcarona and be a potential cleaner.
now, roaring moon is scarf proto attack instead of band proto speed because I like having scarf outside of sun to surprise dragapults and co who think they can lead against sun and expect the usual band set. power drop ain't that bad because you have another physical breaker, sash sd ceruledge, who's pretty good at getting rid of tusk for moon but also bulky water types for walking wake. i'm aware that ceruledge has solar blade, but i've found terablast to be a lot more useful against rain or when you can't have sun up in general. 90% of the time i use my tera on ceruledge but if i don't have to i will use tera water to power up that hydro steam.

what you want to do is preserve torkoal as much as possible and squeeze as much utility from hat and ledge as possible early game. very few people account for an early tera, especially not a teragrass ceruledge, and that allows you to take that initial advantage to allow you to be more aggressive with your offense as soon as possible. then you dance around with torkoal and tusk in order to position wake with a double or a sack and click buttons. you'll either clean up with wake or moon, who's able to clean even when sun runs out because you're fast. make sure to idenfify early if you need tera grass ceruledge and, if you don't, you have 2 ways. opp has volc, be careful with tusk. opp doesn't have volc, you can go to town with either tera dark moon or tera water wake.

interesting change to make, possibly, is eject pack tusk with both cc and h-rush for more immediate offense and momentum. i do like rocky helmet defensive a bit more though.

Team B by incorolla
:Skeledirge: :Cacturne: :Glimmora: :Clodsire::Garganacl: :Walking Wake:
Cacturne and Walking Wake balance

I'll write up more when I'm not falling asleep but this team is very fun to use!

Edit: also nearly falling asleep but I'll do my best lol

This is a balance team based around the unorthodox use of Corrosion Glimmora and Eject Pack Cacturne.
Glimmora tends to draw in Mon like Clodsire who think they can avoid getting a Toxic. This helps wear down Walking Wake's checks ready to clean up late game. Cacturne is a soft check for opposing Walking Wake's, thanks to its immunity to Water. It can retaliate and preserve momentum with Leaf Storm, and fish for toxic damage with Spiky Shield. Sucker Punch is the lone priority move on the team, but it's a handy one.

Otherwise, most of the sets are pretty standard. The game plan is to get hazards up with Glimmora and Clod early game, wear opponents down with Toxic damage and spiky shield, before cleaning up late game with either Specs Wake or Skeledirge.

Here's a replay of it outlasting a stall team, in no small part thanks to Corrosion Toxic and Cacturne: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1818592922

Skeledirge @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Slack Off
- Substitute
- Torch Song
- Shadow Ball

Cacturne (M) @ Eject Pack
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Spiky Shield
- Taunt
- Leaf Storm

Glimmora @ Air Balloon
Ability: Corrosion
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 224 HP / 32 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Toxic
- Mortal Spin
- Spiky Shield
- Power Gem

Clodsire @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Recover
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

Garganacl @ Covert Cloak
Ability: Purifying Salt
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Recover
- Salt Cure
- Curse
- Earthquake

Walking Wake @ Choice Specs
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Hydro Steam
- Flamethrower
- Draco Meteor
Team C by HydreigonTheChild
https://pokepast.es/3cf00e61c40a6579

with walking wake and dragapult willing to overload a lot of pokemon, and they have different counters they can very easily spam 130BP hex and hydro pump to clean through teams, and they launch their powerful dragon stab to cripple teams. Great tusk is pretty much a great mon to fit on such teams, its defensive as it allows the team to better deal with kingambit late game and relieves some pressure from amoonguss. Kingambit is my ghost switch in, tera fire allows it to avoid burns and low kick is a great move for opposing kingambit and ting lui. Skeledirge is the standard sp. def wall, it spreads burns to hex spam alongside dragapult to weaken the opponents for a classic late game sweep. Amoonguss helps spore to get entry points for walking wake, as who doesnt like sleeping opponents who dont see it coming

Team D by lolgod3
https://pokepast.es/73d841e60becdf4f

A hybrid weather team that was built to support Wake and beat opposing weather. I used both Torkoal and Pelipper as a spinner / rocks setter and a decent attacker, while both disrupting opposing weather. Walking Wake is obviously there to deal lots of damage, and Zoroark-Hisui is a great mon in itself, but can also support the team by breaking holes in the opposing team. Scarf Valiant is physical to break special walls like Unaware Clodsire and also a bit of a surprise factor since most people expect special valiant, and Hatterene is a hazard blocker that can be used to pivot in Walking Wake

EDIT: Hatterene is meant to have Psyshock instead of Psychic to also deal with clodsire

I built this team a while ago on day 1 I think so it's not very good, but it still works

You have ~4 days to vote!
:walking-wake: Deadline is Friday, March 17th! :walking-wake:
Reminder: you can't include your own team in the string of votes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)