Project SV OU Teambuilding Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greninja Hazard Stack

:greninja: :gholdengo: :great tusk: :garganacl: :kingambit: :slowking:

https://pokepast.es/c93a396689f23ad3

I wanted to use Choice Specs Greninja, like the good old gen 7 days. Since it uses Spikes, I decided to go all in on hazard stacking, so added Gholdengo to block hazard removal. I decided to go with Scarf so it can clean after Greninja wallbreaks. Trick will also ruin walls like Toxapex, Corviknight, and Ting-Lu, so Greninja will have an even easier time wallbreaking. Great Tusk is the mandatory hazard remover and a great physical wall. Since I had SR on Garganacl I went with Body Press for the second move slot. Tera Fighting allows it to become a way better check against Chien-Pao. It also has Knock Off to remove HDB or other annoying items. Garganacl is my stealth rocker and another member of my defensive core. The IronPress set will work fine, but I just prefer the Protect set. It checks Dragapult, a large menace to this team, and can rack up chip with Salt Cure along with the entry hazards. Kingambit is here to act as a handy check for Meowscarada, Gholdengo, and Dragapult, while still being not passive. The last team member is Slowking. With Future Sight support, Greninja will have an easier time against Toxapex. A slow bulky pivot is also nice to bring Gren into the field. Snow is also quite useful in getting rid of opposing weather, meaning I have an easier time against Rain teams.

Apologies for the delay everyone, voting begins now!

Week 5 Building phase is now over!

:sv/greninja:

Here are the submissions!

Team A
by Tapeworm

Discord server I was in wanted to build a triple-Protean team after Gren dropped and I threw this together, gotta say for some gimmicky mid it's actually quite fun.
Since they're all U-Turners who can abuse each other's checks and force a lot of switches I figured it'd be easy to capitalise off that and make a hazard stack offence team. Chomp was the lead of choice since the team's so loaded with pivots it's be easy to come in and reset hazards on a continuous basis throughout the game as needed and punish opposing removal, momentum, and general physical offence with contact chip. Treads was chosen to support against opposing hazard stack as that can be a real pain for this kind of team. Ghold was the obligatory last thanks to its defensive, offensive, and utility offerings, opted for Scarf Plot after some experimenting as the most consistent option.
Gren is a somewhat weird tack-on set, I didn't run LO since I don't like the idea of reducing it's longevity when spamming U-Turn but E-Belt neutered its general offensive potential when using Pump or Pulse in catch-all situations and Specs made it feel too prediction reliant in situations so Wise Glasses ig. Knot helps catch shared checks with Ace. You can probably experiment with all of these sets tbh.
This squad's ass, don't get it twisted, but it's fun ass.
Team B by lolgod3

https://pokepast.es/30f864d0895fd526
:arboliva: :greninja: :glimmora: :great tusk: :garganacl: :kingambit:
(ignore the name of the team, noticed there's 4 mons with names starting with G so i did that)
I aimed to get a bulky offense team, and Greninja is a great water type option. While Azu and Rotom-Wash might've been better, Greninja can outspeed and deal with Tusk, as well as set up spikes on Pex. It can also beat Dragonite at 1 DD when it hasn't tera'd yet (tera normal can be beaten by Great Tusk)
252 SpA Choice Specs Protean Greninja Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Great Tusk: 618-728 (142.3 - 167.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO (Hydro Pump can miss)
Arboliva is a great special attacker that gets slept on. Its fantastic natural bulk, ability to sit on Ting-Lu as well as its ability to provide passive recovery to Great Tusk and Kingambit, can be valuable. It can also lure Gholdengo and Cinderace and destroy it with Earth Power. Substitute can be replaced with Strength Sap if needed, though it can be unreliable at times. The ground resistance from gterrain is cool though.
Glimmora is another special attacker, and covers Arboliva's weaknesses pretty well. It can set up rocks, but also surprise opposing Tusk with energy ball or opposing glim with earth power
The obligatory Great Tusk requires no explanation, other than that it fits well onto the team
Garganacl is a wall that has some offensive pressure, and can clean up late-game if needed
Kingambit is quite bulky and beats many threats such as Espathra and Dragapult with sucker punch, and is another good late-game mon
Team C by CaptainDaimyo
GRENINJA HAZARDS
:greninja: :garchomp: :gholdengo: :chien-pao: :great-tusk: :volcarona:

:greninja: - The centerpiece of the team. With Choice Scarf, Greninja outspeeds the entire unboosted tier, as well as some mons at +1 like Iron Valiant and Roaring Moon. Rock Slide hits Chien-Pao for supereffective damage, Ice Beam covers Dragon-types, and U-Turn provides helpful momentum for the team. I used the Scarf Set from Gen 7, but changed Spikes to Toxic Spikes since Garchomp already has Spikes. Toxic Spikes in tandem with Protean grants Greninja helpful resistances against Fighting- and Fairy-type moves.

:garchomp: - This particular Greninja set hates Steel-types so I added Garchomp. Garchomp also completes the hazard stack with Stealth Rock and Spikes, and can use Dragon Tail to both stop sweepers and take advantage of chip damage from hazards.

:gholdengo: - Staple on hazard stack teams due to its ability to keep hazards on the field. Air Balloon is necessary since Tusk is perhaps the best hazards remover rn. Gholdengo is able to check Tusk Sets not running Knock Off. Tera Fighting is a defensive Tera in order to flip its weakness to Dark-types.

:chien-pao: - Chien-Pao is one of the best abusers of hazards rn due to Sword of Ruin dropping Def. Ice Shard for revenge killing, Sacred Sword for coverage. It's also Banded in order to handle Unaware mons.

:great-tusk: - The team doesn't appreciate hazards so far, so Great Tusk was needed. Knock Off allows GT to check Air Balloon Gholdengo that would otherwise easily beat it.

:volcarona: - The main Tera user of the team. The team was struggling against Corviknight, so I added volcarona to check it. With Tera Grass, Volcarona is able to improve its matchups against Water-types such as Rotom-W and Dondozo and keep them in check with Giga Drain.
Team D by TheDoodleStudios
Rain + Greninja Specs

pokepast.es/136fc1aa76bfc296
This team is based around Rain Offense
(sorry if it's bad lol)

-THE RAIN SETTER-
Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Roost

Pelipper is Pelipper. It sets up the rain, then pivots out to Greninja with U-turn, while it casually destroys the opponent's team. Hurricane for the main attack for Pelipper (Hurricane can't miss in rain, and gets STAB), Knock Off for utility and Roost to heal back up to health

-THE FLAGSHIP-
Greninja @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot

The flagship of the team, Greninja. Greninja's role is to normally weaken the opponent's team early game or to finish it off late game. Gave it Choice Specs so it could maximize its damage output as possible, and I chose Battle Bond for that Special Atk and Speed boost when KO'ing a Pokemon.
Ghost Tera to make sure it doesn't get KO'ed by an Extreme Speed or a Mach Punch.

-THE TRICKSTER-
Gholdengo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Trick
- Make It Rain
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

If you played Gen 9 OU for a little while, you know what this Pokemon does.
There are a lot of popular sets for Gholdengo, but the Choice Scarf has to be the most popular set of them all. It's simple. Choice Scarf multiplies the speed of the holder, and Trick lets you switch the opponent's item with yours.
And Tera Fighting to resist most Dark-type moves from most Pokemon.

-THE WALLS-
Garganacl @ Leftovers
Ability: Purifying Salt
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Def / 228 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Salt Cure
- Protect
- Recover
-----------------------------------
Toxapex @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Chilling Water
- Recover
- Toxic
- Haze

These two Pokemon are here to give defensive support to the team. Garganacl sets up Stealth Rock and has been given Protect so it can stall out Pokemon when they're Salt Cured. Toxapex's role is to cripple mons with Toxic and Chilling Water. And after all that hardwork, the opponent is met with Recover.

-THE PHYSICAL ATTACKER-
Dragapult @ Choice Band
Ability: Infiltrator
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Darts
- Phantom Force
- Sucker Punch
- U-turn

I've realized that most of my attackers are Special, which means they will suffer against Special Defensive Pokemon (e.g Clodsire, Chansey, etc).
So Dragapult will be the main attacker for those type of walls. Dragon Darts to attack the enemy twice, just in case the first hit didn't KO or do enough damage. Phantom Force to avoid any super-effective moves (DRagapult is SUPER fast, out speeds every Pokemon in this meta) AND do damage on the second turn. Sucker Punch for priority and U-turn to switch out.

And that's my team for Greninja.
See-yall later! :D
Team E by Lacks
:greninja: :magnezone: :Dragonite: :Ting-Lu: :Great Tusk: :Dragapult:
(Click Team for the pokepaste)

:Greninja:
I wanted to try out scarf Gren, as I thought it would be pretty good due to its ability to outspeed and KO threats like Chien Pao, Dragapult, +1 Iron Valiant, and +1 Roaring Moon. Low kick is there since it cleanly OHKOes Chien and does more damage to non Tera Roaring Moon than Ice beam (Low kick is a 75% roll to KO from full).

:Magnezone:
I paired it with Magnezone, since it can deal with the water types that wall Greninja, such as Dondozo and Toxapex. I think Mag is pretty underrated right now, since the top ground type, Great Tusk, does not want to switch into specs flash cannon. Mag also threatens Garg nicely, as it can cover both its common Tera options in Water and Fairy with its stabs. Trapping Corviknight is still also a nice quality.

:Dragonite:
Since Mag traps Corv, I put in a bulky Ekiller Dragonite to act as both a win con and a switch in to mons like Iron Moth, Cinderace, and Meowscarada.

:Ting-Lu: :Great Tusk:
Ting-Lu provides Spikes and a Gholdengo answer (most special attackers in general), while Tusk is the physical switch in and hazard removal. Bulk Up is there to more consistently answer opposing Dragonite.

:Dragapult:
Lastly, I wanted a fast threat that could take advantage of the holes Magnezone could create, so I went with specs Pult. I chose modest since timid only really outruns Chien Pao, but Pult can't stay in most of the time due to Sucker/shard anyways. Modest Pult with Tera Ghost can be a strong breaker or cleaner.

Team does have quite a few weaknesses, such as against opposing Greninja. There's no safe switchin to Valiant or Pao, so I usually have to play aggressively to limit their opportunities. I managed to get reqs just using this team, so it is successful to some degree. I've had a lot of fun using it. Thanks for reading!

(Also if anyone has any ideas to optimize the Gren spread, would be appreciated. Unfortunately, max spatk is needed to KO Pult from full with beam)
Team F by Rasar
Greninja Hazard Stack

:greninja: :gholdengo: :great tusk: :garganacl: :kingambit: :slowking:

https://pokepast.es/c93a396689f23ad3

I wanted to use Choice Specs Greninja, like the good old gen 7 days. Since it uses Spikes, I decided to go all in on hazard stacking, so added Gholdengo to block hazard removal. I decided to go with Scarf so it can clean after Greninja wallbreaks. Trick will also ruin walls like Toxapex, Corviknight, and Ting-Lu, so Greninja will have an even easier time wallbreaking. Great Tusk is the mandatory hazard remover and a great physical wall. Since I had SR on Garganacl I went with Body Press for the second move slot. Tera Fighting allows it to become a way better check against Chien-Pao. It also has Knock Off to remove HDB or other annoying items. Garganacl is my stealth rocker and another member of my defensive core. The IronPress set will work fine, but I just prefer the Protect set. It checks Dragapult, a large menace to this team, and can rack up chip with Salt Cure along with the entry hazards. Kingambit is here to act as a handy check for Meowscarada, Gholdengo, and Dragapult, while still being not passive. The last team member is Slowking. With Future Sight support, Greninja will have an easier time against Toxapex. A slow bulky pivot is also nice to bring Gren into the field. Snow is also quite useful in getting rid of opposing weather, meaning I have an easier time against Rain teams.
The voting system used is the Ranked Pairs format. To vote you have to order your options like this: C>B>A>D, like this A>B=C>D, or like this D>C, assuming there are 4 team options (A, B, C, and D). If you choose not to vote for all teams, the last team(s) will be assumed to be last and valued equally if more than one got left out. Please send any questions you might have to my DMs!

You have ~4 days to vote!
:greninja: Deadline is Monday, February 6th! :greninja:
Reminder: you can't include your own team in the string of votes.

Baloor

Tigers Management
is a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a defending SPL Champion
PUPL Champion
reminder: please use the current voting format this week, it saves everybody a ton of time. thanks!

Baloor

Tigers Management
is a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a defending SPL Champion
PUPL Champion
Week 5 is over! Congratulations to Lacks for winning this round. Your team will be added to the archive shortly.
there is no point in running it through the calculator as it was unanimously team E

WEEK 6: Iron Valiant
:sv/iron-valiant:
with us entering week 4 of spl, its become clear that at this time iron valiant is the #2 offensive mon behind chien-pao. valiant is able to act as a breaker or a sweeper depending on the team comp. iron valiant has a crazy variance in sets; specs, scarf, band, cm booster, taunt booster, sd booster, mixed booster, and wise glasses to just name a few. To top that off there is no one good tera on valiant, every set has the potential to run something different and with its crazy move pool you can get really creative with it. Let's put your creativity to the test and see what you can come up with using OUs jack of all trades.

:iron-valiant: You have until Saturday, the 11th of February to post your teams :iron-valiant:
this may be extended depending on the number of submissions​

https://pokepast.es/f8a4787b9f7a1a70
:iron valiant::hydreigon::toxapex::hatterene::great tusk::corviknight:

:iron valiant:
I wanted to play scarf valiant, my favourite valiant set. The set is just a specs set with scarf and Trick because psyshock isn't enough vs poison types. I dont play Close combat because imo, u don't need it, and tbolt and sball are just better.

:hydreigon:
My favourite mon, and he is insane with valiant ; he can pressure gholdengo, poison types, break, and his checks are destroyed by valiant. I play np sub for toxic and spore from pex and guus and imo u dont really need epower. Tera poison can allow you to stay in vs great tusk and valiant.

:toxapex::corviknight::great tusk:
Insane defensive core, tusk can set and remove sr, pex is just pex. Insane bulk, regenerator, tspikes, haze....
And corvi, i just love the mon in this meta with its ability to uturn vs 2/3mons.

:hatterene:
For finish, an other of my favourite mon, he can break, weak steel especially gholdengo, win vs garga, mbounce is insane with anticipation.

That's all.

Was making 2 diff teams at once and testing both and realised I literally created a variation of my AGGGGK team with iron valiant over kingambit, and diff movesets on everything other than arbo, so that was awkward
:arboliva: :great tusk: :glimmora: :iron valiant: :espathra: :clodsire:
https://pokepast.es/c79cd14e434a4f33
Arboliva is extremely potent as a partner to Glimmora, checking many threats such as Scarf Gholdengo, Rotom-Wash, Dondozo, Garganacl, and even Ting-Lu (to an extent). It can use its tera when it baits in Amoongus or Corviknight, and is overall a surprisingly viable mon.
:great tusk: is :great tusk:, bulky spinner for support what more do you want
Glimmora normally would run a hazards set, but this time I chose a scarf set. Originally I ran modest, which outspeeds Chien-Pao by 1 point (its banned now so it doesnt matter), but it kept dying to scarf rotom-wash and gholdengo when testing, so I ran +speed instead to ensure that I can hit them. I often use it as a lead to surprise KO opposing Glimmora, Great Tusk, or Gholdengo.
Valiant runs a specs set for overall power, and I use it as a wall breaker. Psyshock is good against Clodsire, Shadow Ball to KO weakened Gholdengo, Moonblast is STAB, and TBolt is good coverage.
Espathra is :espathra:, theres a reason why it's the only mon on the radar as of right now, even though IMO it's fairly balanced. It was extremely difficult to get into a good position, and weakness policy can surprise an opponent. It can survive a chien-pao Crunch while roosting, then tera fighting to KO. (No longer applies because haha ban hammer go brrrr)
Clodsire is my sixth member. This actually changed a lot while testing, from Rotom-Wash to Scizor to Quaquaval, and finally onto Clod. I had lost to Volcarona twice in a row, so I wanted something to semi-reliably deal with it (Volc is why I use power gem on Glim). It is also my rocks setter, because Glimmora doesn't actually use rocks here. Toxic is also fun, and I hadnt used this funny mon in a while, so I used it.

UPDATE: just realised Espa is banned, but quite a lot of this team was designed to account for Chien-Pao as well (AHEM scarf Glim), so the team should be considered around pre-pao and espathra bans-meta, not the post meta

:iron-valiant: :dragapult: :great-tusk: :dragonite: :amoonguss: :corviknight: (click on the mons for the pokepaste )
This team is built around Specs Valiant , a really strong wallbreaker in the metagame . I was actually surprised by the raw power which this mon puts on the table , so here we are (built around post pao-espathra ban ) :

:ss/iron-valiant:

The protagonist of the team . Specs Moonblast is a really strong move , dealing massive chunk of damage even to resisted mons with Tera Fairy . Focus Blast as secondary STAB and Shadow Ball and Psyshock for coverage . Tera Fairy powers up Moonblast , and makes it a strong 90 BAP , adaptability + choice specs boosted spammable move . Even offensive Ghol gets 2HKOed , and Kingambit has a chance to be OHKOed . I believe nothing more is needed to show how powerful this mon is .

:ss/Dragapult:

The 2nd wallbreaker of the team . Banded Pult , is stronger than before with Pao gone and no more Dazzling Gleam Espathra to worry about . Dragapult fills the role for Physical Wall breaker , and creates a strong offensive core with Valiant . Valiant checks the defensive mons like Dondozo and Tusk while Dragapult can check the Sp def walls like Sp def Garganacl ( non tera fairy ofc ) , Skeledirge , etc .

:ss/great-tusk:

A s+ tier mon in my opinion . Provides for hazard setter and as solid defensive pick . Earthquake and Close combat for STAB . Knock off is always great and provides a lot of value .

:ss/dragonite:

At this point , I needed something to check Gholdengo , so I went with a defensive Dragonite . Yes , a trapping set to catch any passive defensive mon off guard , Yea - Ik its not the most "meta pick" , but hey - as long as it does the job , I aint complaining . Max Sp def investments to get not screwed by make it rain crits from here and there . This set can trap common defensive mons like Skeledirge , Dondozo and Corviknight making the cleaning job easier for the rest of the team . Tera Fire lets lets it take those Make it rain and even few Moonblasts from Valiants if need .

:ss/amoonguss:

A decent enough Valiant check . Sludge Bomb is a 25% chance to OHKO and 62% after rocks . Spore helps to stop a potential sweep . Leftovers over Black sludge , so that you can tera without fearing to take black sludge damage . Tera water improves your matchup against fire types , but makes you weak against Garg so thats a thing to keep in mind . Tera fairy can be used for as a mid ground option .

At this point , I realised I needed something to help me safely get in my wallbreakers . The Slow brothers no longer have the negative prioirty Teleport and with no Chien-Pao or snow abuser in the team , Chilly Reception seemed not too useful ( basically useless but in mild language xD )
So....

:ss/corviknight:

Yea , I slapped in the birb . The team does have 2 fliers now but we also have 1 one ground type and one grass type , so Tbolt valiant or Sandy shocks wont be much of a problem . Corvi provides for hazard removal and a pivot . You need to be bold enough to call those Ghol switches and press U-Turn sometimes , but that is better than running Talonflame or worse , Hawlucha imo . Tera Dragon to remove its Electric and Fire weaknesses .

Last edited:
oops late
:iron_valiant: :hydreigon: :slowking: :amoonguss::great tusk: :corviknight:
https://pokepast.es/18f17c1f6d173bdb

:sv/iron valiant:
i opted for a lo physical set,not only coz i was bored,but also to realllyyy see how good cc is.its really good. i figured it didnt actually need spirit break,coz things like tusk would never wanna stay in unless ive revealed everything+i have fs king and psychic. psychic is also better for pex and amogus since they run phys def. tbolt for corv/dozo,clod doesnt even like cc much + fs king is still there.tera type is flexible, fighting for really murdering,i like elec for scarf ghold rain + corv/dozo. unusual set but it workssss
:sv/hydreigon:
simple scarf. surprise potential is there altho not much, but still amazing for cleanup. fb over flash cannon for hitting ghold+valiant. u turns on like clod etc for tusk to eat,great valiant partner in general. tbh havent really thought of what tera type lol,you'll proly not tera it much,i didnt even once. just dark for easier cleanup.
:sv/slowking:
oooooh man its backkkk. fs is amazing with cc iv + tusk. just does general regen port fs shit and still excels like it was introduced yesterday lol
:sv/amoonguss: :sv/corviknight:
general defensive core,nothing special
:sv/great tusk:
i'll be honest i do not like tusks who dont run fighting coverage. you're literally a combat elephant dude:tymp: anyway so i used to run covet cloak bulk up but due to aforementioned reasons + dnite carnage, i shifted to this. item is kinda flexible,if you really hate garg you can cloak it again,i like hdb for not dying to kingambit late game. + garg doesnt like cc valiant coz idk why but it reallyyyy thinks it can check a valiant and always stays in. dumb piece of rocks. again tera type is kinda upto liking, fighting to really punch a bird or steel to kill a warrior. since this isnt my primary breaker i like steel more.

some general tips with the team -
lead hydra for glim,click dark pulse like its an untouchable who doesnt even deserve to move. you have switch ins for most things in the meta, but ace is a threat. can make tusk a bit more defensive for that/i generally deal it with tera corv. also no rocks,again,can tweak tusk but then dirge+tusk become soooo annoying and hatt unkillable, so weary vs those. gren has to really predict but late game just once,so avoid that. your sb counterplay is regen+hydra. i think i covered everything.

PLS STOP RUNNING TINGLU+WASH+GHOLD+VALIANT+GLIMMORA ON EVERY SINGLE FUCKING TEAM ITS BORING AND YOU CAN STILL LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSEEEEEEEEEE.thx.(you dominate this archetype with this team btw)

:iron-valiant: :kingambit: :garchomp: :great-tusk: :Corviknight: :slowking:
:iron-valiant:
Starting with this, I used the specs 4a set as I thought it was the most dangerous and best to build around. It is checked by a lot of the Regen mons as well as ting-Lu and clodsire.

:garchomp:
I seeing the checks to IV I also saw Corviknight as a problem being the main steel type in the tier, so I used chain chomp, which is great at setting hazards and removing Corviknight and great tusk trying to remove hazards.

:great-tusk:
This mom completes the hazards core and provides an electric immunity and rapid spin. It also checks Garganacl, kingambit and opposing great tusk.

:kingambit:
These first three mons are very spdef weak, and lacking proper endgame sweeping capability, so kingambit helps both of these, being able to clean up once IV has broken through the opposing team. Dragapult is also one of the only mons along with meow that is faster than IV, and kingambit can take advantage of both.

:slowking:
The team is still needing a true spdef pivot, and specs IV can still struggle against some stall cores, but when it has future sight coverage it can break through these checks. It also provides slow pivoting to get IV in easier, and with Tera water can check the ghosts and dark type special attackers.

:Corviknight:
This team is weak to Dragonite and roaring moon, so bu Corvi was a good solution, also providing a ground immunity, steel type and secondary win-con.

Baloor

Tigers Management
PUPL Champion
cant format this post nicely since im low on time but week 6 building phase is now over

Team A

https://pokepast.es/f8a4787b9f7a1a70
:iron valiant::hydreigon::toxapex::hatterene::great tusk::corviknight:

:iron valiant:
I wanted to play scarf valiant, my favourite valiant set. The set is just a specs set with scarf and Trick because psyshock isn't enough vs poison types. I dont play Close combat because imo, u don't need it, and tbolt and sball are just better.

:hydreigon:
My favourite mon, and he is insane with valiant ; he can pressure gholdengo, poison types, break, and his checks are destroyed by valiant. I play np sub for toxic and spore from pex and guus and imo u dont really need epower. Tera poison can allow you to stay in vs great tusk and valiant.

:toxapex::corviknight::great tusk:
Insane defensive core, tusk can set and remove sr, pex is just pex. Insane bulk, regenerator, tspikes, haze....
And corvi, i just love the mon in this meta with its ability to uturn vs 2/3mons.

:hatterene:
For finish, an other of my favourite mon, he can break, weak steel especially gholdengo, win vs garga, mbounce is insane with anticipation.

That's all.
Team B
Was making 2 diff teams at once and testing both and realised I literally created a variation of my AGGGGK team with iron valiant over kingambit, and diff movesets on everything other than arbo, so that was awkward
:arboliva: :great tusk: :glimmora: :iron valiant: :espathra: :clodsire:
https://pokepast.es/c79cd14e434a4f33
Arboliva is extremely potent as a partner to Glimmora, checking many threats such as Scarf Gholdengo, Rotom-Wash, Dondozo, Garganacl, and even Ting-Lu (to an extent). It can use its tera when it baits in Amoongus or Corviknight, and is overall a surprisingly viable mon.
:great tusk: is :great tusk:, bulky spinner for support what more do you want
Glimmora normally would run a hazards set, but this time I chose a scarf set. Originally I ran modest, which outspeeds Chien-Pao by 1 point (its banned now so it doesnt matter), but it kept dying to scarf rotom-wash and gholdengo when testing, so I ran +speed instead to ensure that I can hit them. I often use it as a lead to surprise KO opposing Glimmora, Great Tusk, or Gholdengo.
Valiant runs a specs set for overall power, and I use it as a wall breaker. Psyshock is good against Clodsire, Shadow Ball to KO weakened Gholdengo, Moonblast is STAB, and TBolt is good coverage.
Espathra is :espathra:, theres a reason why it's the only mon on the radar as of right now, even though IMO it's fairly balanced. It was extremely difficult to get into a good position, and weakness policy can surprise an opponent. It can survive a chien-pao Crunch while roosting, then tera fighting to KO. (No longer applies because haha ban hammer go brrrr)
Clodsire is my sixth member. This actually changed a lot while testing, from Rotom-Wash to Scizor to Quaquaval, and finally onto Clod. I had lost to Volcarona twice in a row, so I wanted something to semi-reliably deal with it (Volc is why I use power gem on Glim). It is also my rocks setter, because Glimmora doesn't actually use rocks here. Toxic is also fun, and I hadnt used this funny mon in a while, so I used it.

UPDATE: just realised Espa is banned, but quite a lot of this team was designed to account for Chien-Pao as well (AHEM scarf Glim), so the team should be considered around pre-pao and espathra bans-meta, not the post meta
Team C
:iron-valiant: :dragapult: :great-tusk: :dragonite: :amoonguss: :corviknight: (click on the mons for the pokepaste )
This team is built around Specs Valiant , a really strong wallbreaker in the metagame . I was actually surprised by the raw power which this mon puts on the table , so here we are (built around post pao-espathra ban ) :

:ss/iron-valiant:

The protagonist of the team . Specs Moonblast is a really strong move , dealing massive chunk of damage even to resisted mons with Tera Fairy . Focus Blast as secondary STAB and Shadow Ball and Psyshock for coverage . Tera Fairy powers up Moonblast , and makes it a strong 90 BAP , adaptability + choice specs boosted spammable move . Even offensive Ghol gets 2HKOed , and Kingambit has a chance to be OHKOed . I believe nothing more is needed to show how powerful this mon is .

:ss/Dragapult:

The 2nd wallbreaker of the team . Banded Pult , is stronger than before with Pao gone and no more Dazzling Gleam Espathra to worry about . Dragapult fills the role for Physical Wall breaker , and creates a strong offensive core with Valiant . Valiant checks the defensive mons like Dondozo and Tusk while Dragapult can check the Sp def walls like Sp def Garganacl ( non tera fairy ofc ) , Skeledirge , etc .

:ss/great-tusk:

A s+ tier mon in my opinion . Provides for hazard setter and as solid defensive pick . Earthquake and Close combat for STAB . Knock off is always great and provides a lot of value .

:ss/dragonite:

At this point , I needed something to check Gholdengo , so I went with a defensive Dragonite . Yes , a trapping set to catch any passive defensive mon off guard , Yea - Ik its not the most "meta pick" , but hey - as long as it does the job , I aint complaining . Max Sp def investments to get not screwed by make it rain crits from here and there . This set can trap common defensive mons like Skeledirge , Dondozo and Corviknight making the cleaning job easier for the rest of the team . Tera Fire lets lets it take those Make it rain and even few Moonblasts from Valiants if need .

:ss/amoonguss:

A decent enough Valiant check . Sludge Bomb is a 25% chance to OHKO and 62% after rocks . Spore helps to stop a potential sweep . Leftovers over Black sludge , so that you can tera without fearing to take black sludge damage . Tera water improves your matchup against fire types , but makes you weak against Garg so thats a thing to keep in mind . Tera fairy can be used for as a mid ground option .

At this point , I realised I needed something to help me safely get in my wallbreakers . The Slow brothers no longer have the negative prioirty Teleport and with no Chien-Pao or snow abuser in the team , Chilly Reception seemed not too useful ( basically useless but in mild language xD )
So....

:ss/corviknight:

Yea , I slapped in the birb . The team does have 2 fliers now but we also have 1 one ground type and one grass type , so Tbolt valiant or Sandy shocks wont be much of a problem . Corvi provides for hazard removal and a pivot . You need to be bold enough to call those Ghol switches and press U-Turn sometimes , but that is better than running Talonflame or worse , Hawlucha imo . Tera Dragon to remove its Electric and Fire weaknesses .
Team D
oops late
:iron_valiant: :hydreigon: :slowking: :amoonguss::great tusk: :corviknight:
https://pokepast.es/18f17c1f6d173bdb

:sv/iron valiant:
i opted for a lo physical set,not only coz i was bored,but also to realllyyy see how good cc is.its really good. i figured it didnt actually need spirit break,coz things like tusk would never wanna stay in unless ive revealed everything+i have fs king and psychic. psychic is also better for pex and amogus since they run phys def. tbolt for corv/dozo,clod doesnt even like cc much + fs king is still there.tera type is flexible, fighting for really murdering,i like elec for scarf ghold rain + corv/dozo. unusual set but it workssss
:sv/hydreigon:
simple scarf. surprise potential is there altho not much, but still amazing for cleanup. fb over flash cannon for hitting ghold+valiant. u turns on like clod etc for tusk to eat,great valiant partner in general. tbh havent really thought of what tera type lol,you'll proly not tera it much,i didnt even once. just dark for easier cleanup.
:sv/slowking:
oooooh man its backkkk. fs is amazing with cc iv + tusk. just does general regen port fs shit and still excels like it was introduced yesterday lol
:sv/amoonguss: :sv/corviknight:
general defensive core,nothing special
:sv/great tusk:
i'll be honest i do not like tusks who dont run fighting coverage. you're literally a combat elephant dude:tymp: anyway so i used to run covet cloak bulk up but due to aforementioned reasons + dnite carnage, i shifted to this. item is kinda flexible,if you really hate garg you can cloak it again,i like hdb for not dying to kingambit late game. + garg doesnt like cc valiant coz idk why but it reallyyyy thinks it can check a valiant and always stays in. dumb piece of rocks. again tera type is kinda upto liking, fighting to really punch a bird or steel to kill a warrior. since this isnt my primary breaker i like steel more.

some general tips with the team -
lead hydra for glim,click dark pulse like its an untouchable who doesnt even deserve to move. you have switch ins for most things in the meta, but ace is a threat. can make tusk a bit more defensive for that/i generally deal it with tera corv. also no rocks,again,can tweak tusk but then dirge+tusk become soooo annoying and hatt unkillable, so weary vs those. gren has to really predict but late game just once,so avoid that. your sb counterplay is regen+hydra. i think i covered everything.

PLS STOP RUNNING TINGLU+WASH+GHOLD+VALIANT+GLIMMORA ON EVERY SINGLE FUCKING TEAM ITS BORING AND YOU CAN STILL LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSEEEEEEEEEE.thx.(you dominate this archetype with this team btw)
Team E
:iron-valiant: :kingambit: :garchomp: :great-tusk: :Corviknight: :slowking:
:iron-valiant:
Starting with this, I used the specs 4a set as I thought it was the most dangerous and best to build around. It is checked by a lot of the Regen mons as well as ting-Lu and clodsire.

:garchomp:
I seeing the checks to IV I also saw Corviknight as a problem being the main steel type in the tier, so I used chain chomp, which is great at setting hazards and removing Corviknight and great tusk trying to remove hazards.

:great-tusk:
This mom completes the hazards core and provides an electric immunity and rapid spin. It also checks Garganacl, kingambit and opposing great tusk.

:kingambit:
These first three mons are very spdef weak, and lacking proper endgame sweeping capability, so kingambit helps both of these, being able to clean up once IV has broken through the opposing team. Dragapult is also one of the only mons along with meow that is faster than IV, and kingambit can take advantage of both.

:slowking:
The team is still needing a true spdef pivot, and specs IV can still struggle against some stall cores, but when it has future sight coverage it can break through these checks. It also provides slow pivoting to get IV in easier, and with Tera water can check the ghosts and dark type special attackers.

:Corviknight:
This team is weak to Dragonite and roaring moon, so bu Corvi was a good solution, also providing a ground immunity, steel type and secondary win-con.
The voting system used is the Ranked Pairs format. To vote you have to order your options like this: C>B>A>D, like this A>B=C>D, or like this D>C, assuming there are 4 team options (A, B, C, and D). If you choose not to vote for all teams, the last team(s) will be assumed to be last and valued equally if more than one got left out. Please send any questions you might have to my DMs!

You have ~4 days to vote!
Deadline is Saturday the 18th

Week 6 is over! Looks like we have a tie this round.
1676867925582.png
I personally like Team A more, so this week the win goes to Team A by mimilimi! Congratulations, your team will be added to the archive shortly.

WEEK 7: Kingambit
:sv/kingambit:
Terrifying revenge killer and sweeper of the tier, Kingambit has proved itself as one of the most significant offensive threats around! Kingambit has a great offensive profile for Pokemon like Skeledirge, Gholdengo, Dragapult, Gargnacl, and Iron Valiant; it fits best on HO and BO teams where it can pick up after its fallen teammates with Supreme Overlord. Tera Flying turns many unfavorable matchups on their heads, and best suits its offensive nature. However, Tera Fire, Dark, Ghost, and Steel are also fairly common and have many applicable uses. Let's see how creative everyone is feeling this week, best of luck and have fun!

:Kingambit: You have until Thursday, the 23rd of February to post your teams :kingambit:
this may be extended depending on the number of submissions.

Last edited:
https://pokepast.es/8fcd9513969ab3e3
Gambit Webs (or rather, Masquerain Gambit)
:Masquerain: :Meowscarada: :Gholdengo: :Kingambit: :Volcarona: :Great Tusk:
Masquerain is the best webs setter in the meta, which isn't saying a lot when your competition is freakin' kricketune and spidops. It's fast and has Intimidate, meaning it isn't a dead weight after turn 1, and it can deny setup with Stun Spore or Whirlwind.
Meowscarada is an alternate lead when the opponent can lead with something that checks Masquerain, such as Garganacl or Glimmora. Standard moveset not much to say tbh
Gholdengo has a specs set for more power, also spinblocker for Masquerain
Kingambit has a bit more speed investment than usual, to outspeed certain opposing mons who EV to beat standard Gambit. Other than that, its set is pretty standard
Volcarona is another setup user, who is quite excellent at its job. It can be used lategame to destroy opposing fire-weak mons or used early to deny Gholdengo / Orthworm entry
Great Tusk is a spinner who also sets up rocks, because it's better than no hazards. Forgoing Knock Off in exchange for rocks has proven useful in many games already. It's the most used mon in the meta for a reason

Bad Matchups:
:Skeledirge: This stupid fire croc beats 4/6 of my mons with its fire STAB, and cripples Great Tusk with burn. It also beats Volc 1v1, but it can be used to pivot in Tusk to inflict a devastating HLR
:Dondozo: Only Meowscarada and Gholdengo can beat this beeg catfish reliably, Volcarona can't due to lack of damage output when unboosted, and the others are physical attackers, while Masquerain doesnt do much damage
:Clodsire: ok I have bad matchups against the unaware trio but this one is less harsh, I can pivot into steel types to avoid toxic and GT can OHKO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)