Project SV OU Teambuilding Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.
approved by ou moderators
hosted by leng loi and zastra
previously hosted by Smashburn, Baloor, jackuzzler and fly casanova

art by ashelyDeluxe

Rules:
  • Entry submission: Post team in the thread itself with import and explanation in hide tags. Please, when you are submitting a team, try not to slash movesets / items in the importable. The finished product should be the build you are most confident in. It is fine to do minor set changes throughout the week, but if you want to give another option for one of your Pokemon, note it in the Explanation instead.
  • Disputes / Copying: Obviously, there is potential for disputes over copying or people making similar entries. In general, if your team entry has the same Pokémon and similar move sets to an earlier entry, it will be disqualified. If anyone tries to abuse this by reserving an early post in the thread for their entry, please bring it to my attention and they'll be disqualified. If you are caught doing this there is a high possibility you will not be allowed to post in the building stage for an indefinite amount of time.
  • Discussion and team changes: One part of the process is to have discussions about the teams and the core. While I'd like to keep this from being a speedy RMT thread, suggestions of improvements to entered teams are allowed. In the interests of fairness though, I'd ask that any suggestions don't involve anything more major than move set changes, and that if you've already submitted a team you don't change the Pokémon in it. Basically, just be sure that you're happy with the team before you send it in.
  • Voting Phase: The voting system used is the Ranked Pairs format (the same as CAP uses). This format is arguably much fairer than the simple voting format and should help keep high stakes for the teams that win. So to vote you basically order your options like this: C>B>A>D, like this A>B=C>D, or like this D>C, assuming there are 4 team options (A, B, C, and D). If you choose not to vote for all teams, the last team(s) will be assumed to be last and valued equally if more than one got left out. If you have any questions about this system, by all means, contact me. You are not allowed to vote for your own team.

Last edited by a moderator:
TEAM ARCHIVE - Click sprites for imports
Week 1 - Gholdengo: :gholdengo::iron-moth::garchomp::dragapult::rotom-wash::roaring-moon: by Egor
Week 2 - Chi-Yu: :chi-yu::hatterene::iron-treads::pawmot::dondozo::dragonite: by Hatternity
Week 3 - Cinderace: :cinderace::meowscarada::gholdengo::corviknight::garganacl::toxapex: by Magcargo
Week 4 - Chien-Pao::chien-pao::amoonguss::great-tusk::gholdengo::dondozo::garganacl: by pratik2007
Week 5 - Greninja: :greninja::magnezone::ting-lu::dragonite::great-tusk::dragapult: by Lacks
Week 6 - Iron Valiant::iron-valiant::hatterene::hydreigon::toxapex::great-tusk::corviknight: by mimilimi
Week 7 - Kingambit::kingambit::hatterene::garchomp::dragonite::cinderace::scizor: by Exotic64
Week 8 - Walking Wake: :walking-wake::torkoal::hatterene::roaring-moon::great-tusk::ceruledge: by SLDR
Week 9 - Toxapex::toxapex::gardevoir::roaring-moon::meowscarada::skeledirge::great-tusk: by mimilimi
Week 10 - Roaring Moon: :roaring moon::iron valiant::great tusk::breloom::grimmsnarl::orthworm: by Peter20XX
Week 11 - Cyclizar: :garchomp::iron valiant::cyclizar::slowking::amoonguss::corviknight: by stimo
Week 12 - Hoopa-Unbound: :hoopa-unbound::cresselia::kingambit::hatterene::pelipper::basculegion: by FYBIRR
Week 13 - Enamorus-Incarnate: :slowking-galar::enamorus::samurott-hisui::zamazenta::great tusk::dragapult: by Seucra Lockhart
Week 14 - Cresselia: :cresselia::maushold::enamorus::dragapult::dragonite::gholdengo: by SetsuSetsuna
Week 15 - Baxcalibur: :baxcalibur::dragonite::walking wake::heatran::enamorus::great tusk: by Sp0oN1oRd
Week 16 - Gliscor: :gliscor::empoleon::sneasler::dragapult::toxapex::meowscarada: by waytoopetty
Week 17 - Ogerpon - Teal Mask: :ogerpon::cinderace::walking wake::great tusk::zapdos::slowking-galar: by Wesleyy
Week 18 - Sinistcha: :gliscor::sinistcha::great tusk::samurott-hisui::zapdos::slowking-galar:by Magcargo
Week 19 - Torterra: :rillaboom::heatran::alomomola::torterra::slowking-galar::great tusk: by kd458

Last edited by a moderator:

Baloor

Tigers Management
is a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a defending SPL Champion
PUPL Champion
Hello everybody! Welcome to the SV OU Teambuilding competition, hosted by the man of many teams (myself) and Smashburn. In this project, you'll be given a Pokemon, core, or concept to build around every week. Once you have submitted your team by posting it in this thread, you'll have to wait until the thread enters the voting phase, where you and your fellow users will vote on the submissions through ranked pairs to determine the winner. Since we are at the start of a new gen, the project will focus on OU Viable NEW Pokemon, however, once we get through those we will then explore other pokemon, cores, concepts, and niche options. The first building phase will last one week in order to let newer users get familiar with the format, but expect the deadline to shorten in the near future. If you have any questions regarding the project please DM me. Good luck!

WEEK 1: Gholdengo
:sv/gholdengo:

The notorious cheese string man has solidified himself as the single most dominant pokemon in the tier. Having an amazing typing, movepool, and stats that functionally allow him to fulfill any role you need him to. Though the strongest part of Gholdengo's kit is his ability, Good as Gold, which blocks all status moves, most phasing moves, and most notably defog. In conjunction with the ghost typing, this allows Gholdengo to act as the single strongest spin blocker we have seen in pokemon history. His utility and influence on the tier is simply unmatched when compared to the other pokemon in the tier. Scarf, Specs and Nasty Plot sets are what you'll commonly see Gholdengo using, however, there has been some experimentation with defensive sets as well due to Gholdengo being a steel type with recover. Gholdengo can enable plenty of strategies in the builder while also being particularly annoying to deal with when building so it's going to be interesting to see what you guys come up with!

:gholdengo: You have until Monday, the 19th of December to post your teams :gholdengo:

Last edited:
Cyclizar @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Shed Tail
- Rapid Spin
- Taunt
- Ice Spinner

The big enabler for the team. Cyclizar allows the setups mons on the team safety behind Shed Tail's substitute. Also is the hazard remover of the team, while also being able to stop Pincurchin teams with Ice Spinner as its main damaging move

Gholdengo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Make It Rain
- Tera Blast
- Trick

What do I really have to say about Gholdengo? This is the strongest mon in OU right now. Boasting 133 base SpA, coupled with decent bulk and speed, especially with Scarf, Gholdengo is the premier breaker of Gen 9 OU this really in the meta. Trick on this set cripples utility mons and allows Gholdengo to possibly get a Leftovers for better longevity, while also allowing it to use other moves without pivots. Tera Fighting Tera Blast allows Gholdengo also to lure dark types like Chi-Yu and Chien-Pao.

Glimmora @ Focus Sash
Ability: Toxic Debris
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Mortal Spin
- Earth Power

The typical lead of the team, Glimmora's ability, Toxic Debris, with its moveset, filled with entry hazards, makes this Pokemon very scary to see as a lead. If attacked, Glimmora can get two hazards up in one move, and if another Pokemon sets up hazards on Glimmora, it can Mortal Spin the hazards away while also putting that Pokemon on a timer with the poison. Hazards aren't the only thing Glimmora can do though, as its Earth Powers are backed by base 130 SpA

Roaring Moon @ Booster Energy
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- U-Turn
- Iron Head
- Crunch
- Earthquake

While I initially ran Dragon Dance on Roaring Moon, this set is still scary with 4 attack, especially when all 4 attacks are boosted 1.3x by Protosynthesis. This also can be used as a measure against Sun, which is a very real part of the meta due to Paradox Pokemon.

Cloyster @ White Herb
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Liquidation

One of the Two Main beneficiaries of Cyclizar's Shed Tail. Cloyster can get a Shell Smash behind the Shed Tail without fearing that it'll be OHKO'd by anything, then sweeping with Skill Link Multi-Hit moves

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Swords Dance
- Mach Punch
- Seed Bomb

The other main user of Shed Tail. Breloom can get a Spore off behind Shed Tail then setup SDs, the Shed Tail giving it an extra slot that it wouldn't have if it had to run Substitute

https://pokepast.es/87644921a9c933a3

:gholdengo::dragapult: :ting-lu::chi-yu::annihilape::glimmora:

ghostspam offense featuring all the broken pokemon. point is not much resists ghost in the first place, and ting lu is the best one atm so the goal is to wear it down with wisp from pult and specs chi-yu to eventually clean up with gholdengo. ting lu sets up hazards and is impossible to kill so its a good check to stuff like opposing gholdengo and chi yu. annihilape is broken and can sweep late game. credit to vert for the set cause tera fire is actually so good. glimmora is there to absorb tspikes and remove hazards if necessary, and life orb lets it not give up momentum. i didnt test the team too much but its got 3/4 of the s rank mons and not a single pokemon below a rank, so it can't be that bad.

Last edited:
Gholdengo @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Focus Blast
- Make It Rain
- Shadow Ball
- Nasty Plot

Glimmora @ Focus Sash
Modest Nature
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Power Gem
- Sludge Wave

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Stealth Rock
- Shadow Claw

Tyranitar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Fire Punch
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Iron Treads @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Spinner

Masquerain @ Focus Sash
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Sticky Web
- Stun Spore
- Haze

I started making this team with the Glimmora-Gholdengo core for hazard setup and upkeep, and I added Garchomp and Tyranitar because I haven't gotten around to using the two in this generation yet and I feel they work together, as well as the entire team being immune to sand so far. I then tried to add Great Tusk, but I changed it to Iron Treads because I think the team needs more speed, not bulk, and the steel type might be useful against fairies. Then I realised most my team was weak against Ground, and also Treads might not be fast enough, so instead of being a smart person and adding Meowscarada or Chien-Pao I added Masquerain.

I feel like I did alright, but I'm not the best at teammaking and this team was made in ~20 minutes. I might return and edit the team at a later date.

Yes I forgot tera types, No i am not bothered enough to fix it

Markensen

formerly Shogeki
:sv/Gholdengo: :sv/Chi-yu: :sv/hatterene: :sv/Ting-lu: :sv/Dragonite: :sv/Great-Tusk:

https://pokepast.es/f09bde507eb5c05c

Hi, here's a contribution to the teambuilding competition, hope you'll like it

This team aims to have total control of the hazards during the game. The Gholdengo/Ting-Lu/Hatterene/Great Tusk core will allow you to do whatever you want with hazards under any circumstances.

Gholdengo's set is designed to lure Ting-Lu and do a lot of damage to it, and then allow Scarf Chi-yu to have free reign.

We will run balloon here to be able to come on Great Tusk and to be able to anti-spin quite serenely, even if all Great Tusk run knock. Recover > Nasty Plot because I think it's important to have staying power on the only pokémon that will keep hazards on our side, beside Hatterene

Chi-yu has a classic moveset, the scarf is, apart from Sun, more or less the most reliable set, so that's the one we'll run. Not much to say here, the set is really classic

To allow Chi-yu to come easily on the field, we have to prevent the opponent to put hazards, that's where Hatterene comes in. Here again the set is classic, Nuzzle is very useful for Dragonite, you can also consider Healing Wish as viable. Balloon and Tera Steel allow you to "counter lead" Glimmora, if you are playing against HO, don't hesitate to use Tera T1, hazard management is really crucial.

Ting-Lu comes quite naturally here, it sets the hazards we need, check Chi-yu, brings an appreciable Electric immunity, as well as a Ghost resist, here we will run Body Press to hit Tera Normal Dragonite, which can be really annoying otherwise. Tera Ghost allows to have an anti-spin of last resort.

Dragonite will also take advantage of hazards, it's a really powerful wincond that will destroy many unprepared teams. The set is classic, it's the one we find the most, Fire Punch > DClaw allows to hit Corviknight.

Finally, Great Tusk, here which allows to remove hazards, which is a sinequanone condition. Since we already have the rocks on Ting-lu, we'll take the liberty of playing AV, which I think is a really cool set.

Be aware to Chien-Pao, which is a huge threat

I think I'm done with the explanations, the team looks pretty good to me, hope you like it!

Last edited:

Egor

нет, товарищ генерал, это вы даёте
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
RoAPL Champion
:gholdengo::iron moth::garchomp::dragapult::rotom-wash::roaring moon:
Gholdengo @ Air Balloon
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Make It Rain
- Shadow Ball
- Nasty Plot
- Recover

Iron Moth @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Tera Type: Grass
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Sludge Wave
- Toxic Spikes
- Energy Ball

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Spikes

Dragapult @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Infiltrator
Tera Type: Fairy
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 HP / 60 SpA / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Trick
- Will-O-Wisp

Roaring Moon @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- U-turn
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
My idea was to abuse Gholdengo's hazard keeping capabilities with Toxic Spikes; for the setter I chose Iron Moth over the more common Glimmora as the former boasts stronger offensive presence and doesn't rely on the ability to set Toxic Spikes up. Hex Dragapult was a natural addition to make use of Toxic Spikes. Garchomp complements the hazard stacking core of this team, Rotom-W provides soft backbone and various utility, and Roaring Moon grants the team a source of physical power as well as some useful resistances.

Last edited:

Baloor

Tigers Management
is a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a defending SPL Champion
PUPL Champion
Week 1 Building phase is now over

:sv/gholdengo:

Here are the submissions

Team A by Lunar_Stellar
Cyclizar @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Shed Tail
- Rapid Spin
- Taunt
- Ice Spinner

The big enabler for the team. Cyclizar allows the setups mons on the team safety behind Shed Tail's substitute. Also is the hazard remover of the team, while also being able to stop Pincurchin teams with Ice Spinner as its main damaging move

Gholdengo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Make It Rain
- Tera Blast
- Trick

What do I really have to say about Gholdengo? This is the strongest mon in OU right now. Boasting 133 base SpA, coupled with decent bulk and speed, especially with Scarf, Gholdengo is the premier breaker of Gen 9 OU this really in the meta. Trick on this set cripples utility mons and allows Gholdengo to possibly get a Leftovers for better longevity, while also allowing it to use other moves without pivots. Tera Fighting Tera Blast allows Gholdengo also to lure dark types like Chi-Yu and Chien-Pao.

Glimmora @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Mortal Spin
- Earth Power

The typical lead of the team, Glimmora's ability, Toxic Debris, with its moveset, filled with entry hazards, makes this Pokemon very scary to see as a lead. If attacked, Glimmora can get two hazards up in one move, and if another Pokemon sets up hazards on Glimmora, it can Mortal Spin the hazards away while also putting that Pokemon on a timer with the poison. Hazards aren't the only thing Glimmora can do though, as its Earth Powers are backed by base 130 SpA

Roaring Moon @ Booster Energy
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- U-Turn
- Iron Head
- Crunch
- Earthquake

While I initially ran Dragon Dance on Roaring Moon, this set is still scary with 4 attack, especially when all 4 attacks are boosted 1.3x by Protosynthesis. This also can be used as a measure against Sun, which is a very real part of the meta due to Paradox Pokemon.

Cloyster @ White Herb
Ability: Skill Link
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Liquidation

One of the Two Main beneficiaries of Cyclizar's Shed Tail. Cloyster can get a Shell Smash behind the Shed Tail without fearing that it'll be OHKO'd by anything, then sweeping with Skill Link Multi-Hit moves

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Swords Dance
- Mach Punch
- Seed Bomb

The other main user of Shed Tail. Breloom can get a Spore off behind Shed Tail then setup SDs, the Shed Tail giving it an extra slot that it wouldn't have if it had to run Substitute

Team B
by matthewc20090
https://pokepast.es/87644921a9c933a3

:gholdengo::dragapult: :ting-lu::chi-yu::annihilape::glimmora:

ghostspam offense featuring all the broken pokemon. point is not much resists ghost in the first place, and ting lu is the best one atm so the goal is to wear it down with wisp from pult and specs chi-yu to eventually clean up with gholdengo. ting lu sets up hazards and is impossible to kill so its a good check to stuff like opposing gholdengo and chi yu. annihilape is broken and can sweep late game. credit to vert for the set cause tera fire is actually so good. glimmora is there to absorb tspikes and remove hazards if necessary, and life orb lets it not give up momentum. i didnt test the team too much but its got 3/4 of the s rank mons and not a single pokemon below a rank, so it can't be that bad.

Team C
by lolgod3
Gholdengo @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Focus Blast
- Make It Rain
- Shadow Ball
- Nasty Plot

Glimmora @ Focus Sash
Modest Nature
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Power Gem
- Sludge Wave

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Stealth Rock
- Shadow Claw

Tyranitar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Fire Punch
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Iron Treads @ Booster Energy
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Spinner

Masquerain @ Focus Sash
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Sticky Web
- Stun Spore
- Haze

I started making this team with the Glimmora-Gholdengo core for hazard setup and upkeep, and I added Garchomp and Tyranitar because I haven't gotten around to using the two in this generation yet and I feel they work together, as well as the entire team being immune to sand so far. I then tried to add Great Tusk, but I changed it to Iron Treads because I think the team needs more speed, not bulk, and the steel type might be useful against fairies. Then I realised most my team was weak against Ground, and also Treads might not be fast enough, so instead of being a smart person and adding Meowscarada or Chien-Pao I added Masquerain.

I feel like I did alright, but I'm not the best at teammaking and this team was made in ~20 minutes. I might return and edit the team at a later date.

Yes I forgot tera types, No i am not bothered enough to fix it

Team D
by Shogeki
:sv/Gholdengo: :sv/Chi-yu: :sv/hatterene: :sv/Ting-lu: :sv/Dragonite: :sv/Great-Tusk:

https://pokepast.es/f09bde507eb5c05c

Hi, here's a contribution to the teambuilding competition, hope you'll like it

This team aims to have total control of the hazards during the game. The Gholdengo/Ting-Lu/Hatterene/Great Tusk core will allow you to do whatever you want with hazards under any circumstances.

Gholdengo's set is designed to lure Ting-Lu and do a lot of damage to it, and then allow Scarf Chi-yu to have free reign.

We will run balloon here to be able to come on Great Tusk and to be able to anti-spin quite serenely, even if all Great Tusk run knock. Recover > Nasty Plot because I think it's important to have staying power on the only pokémon that will keep hazards on our side, beside Hatterene

Chi-yu has a classic moveset, the scarf is, apart from Sun, more or less the most reliable set, so that's the one we'll run. Not much to say here, the set is really classic

To allow Chi-yu to come easily on the field, we have to prevent the opponent to put hazards, that's where Hatterene comes in. Here again the set is classic, Nuzzle is very useful for Dragonite, you can also consider Healing Wish as viable. Balloon and Tera Steel allow you to "counter lead" Glimmora, if you are playing against HO, don't hesitate to use Tera T1, hazard management is really crucial.

Ting-Lu comes quite naturally here, it sets the hazards we need, check Chi-yu, brings an appreciable Electric immunity, as well as a Ghost resist, here we will run Body Press to hit Tera Normal Dragonite, which can be really annoying otherwise. Tera Ghost allows to have an anti-spin of last resort.

Dragonite will also take advantage of hazards, it's a really powerful wincond that will destroy many unprepared teams. The set is classic, it's the one we find the most, Fire Punch > DClaw allows to hit Corviknight.

Finally, Great Tusk, here which allows to remove hazards, which is a sinequanone condition. Since we already have the rocks on Ting-lu, we'll take the liberty of playing AV, which I think is a really cool set.

Be aware to Chien-Pao, which is a huge threat

I think I'm done with the explanations, the team looks pretty good to me, hope you like it!

Team E
by Egor
:gholdengo::iron moth::garchomp::dragapult::rotom-wash::roaring moon:
Gholdengo @ Air Balloon
Timid Nature
- Make It Rain
- Shadow Ball
- Nasty Plot
- Recover

Iron Moth @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Tera Type: Grass
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Sludge Wave
- Toxic Spikes
- Energy Ball

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Spikes

Dragapult @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Infiltrator
Tera Type: Fairy
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 HP / 60 SpA / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Trick
- Will-O-Wisp

Roaring Moon @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- U-turn
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
My idea was to abuse Gholdengo's hazard keeping capabilities with Toxic Spikes; for the setter I chose Iron Moth over the more common Glimmora as the former boasts stronger offensive presence and doesn't rely on the ability to set Toxic Spikes up. Hex Dragapult was a natural addition to make use of Toxic Spikes. Garchomp complements the hazard stacking core of this team, Rotom-W provides soft backbone and various utility, and Roaring Moon grants the team a source of physical power as well as some useful resistances.
The voting system used is the Ranked Pairs format. To vote you have to order your options like this: C>B>A>D, like this A>B=C>D, or like this D>C, assuming there are 4 team options (A, B, C, and D). If you choose not to vote for all teams, the last team(s) will be assumed to be last and valued equally if more than one got left out. Please send any questions you might have to my DMs!

You have 3 days to vote!
:gholdengo:Deadline is Thursday, December 22nd!:gholdengo:
Reminder: you can't include your own team in the string of votes

Baloor

Tigers Management
PUPL Champion
Week 1 is over! Congratulations to Egor for winning this round. Your team will be added to the archive shortly.
1671781443177.png

WEEK 2: Chi-Yu
:sv/chi-yu:

If Gholdengo is the #1 mon in the meta, Chi-Yu is a close second. Bolstering a high SpA stat and a great offensive typing along with an ability that drops the opponent's Spdef, Chi-Yu is virtually unwallable long term. While the specs set is without a doubt the best, being able to easily 2hko Spdef monsters like ting-lu with overheat, scarf and boots np sets are also very common. Chi-Yu is a very straight forward mon, however, that doesn't hurt the mon that much when the entire metagame explodes on switch in. Your best counterplay vs Chi-Yu is typically priority and faster revenge killers, but that comes with typically losing a mon to get in said revenge killers safely. While Chi-Yu is really simple in execution, it can fit on a wide variety of builds as being the best breaker in the tier means you're pretty splashable to begin with. Goodluck everybody and happy holidays!

:chi-yu: You have until Friday, the 30th of December to post your teams :chi-yu:
(due to the holidays this is another extended round, round length will reduce in the new year)​

Last edited:
Look, I could just drop the bog standard sun team I've been running since the start of Gen 9, but how about something more heat?

:chi-yu: :orthworm: :dachsbun: :dragonite: :great-tusk: :dragapult:
https://pokepast.es/0407f7c7e6aa1a16

Description:
Nasty Plot Chi-Yu is quite...nasty, yeah. It just blows things apart, and if you get a Flame Charge off on something that's low or a predicted switch, it can straight sweep teams. It's a bit frail though, so Shed Tail support makes this a lot easier. Orthworm gets a bit overlooked because of Cyclizar, but Steel is still a great typing, and it gets a Ground immunity on top. It's also the rocks setter. Dachsbun is the counter for opposing Chi-Yu as well as a general dragon/dark resist, with Wish support it can help the rest of the team out (especially Orthworm). Dragonite gives a ground resist that doesn't get smoked by Tusk's CC and also one of the best abusers of Shed Tail. Dragapult gives us a breaker that doesn't require as much set-up, as well as spinblocker and whatnot. Lastly, Tusk fills in the gaps by providing us with hazard removal and some additional speed via Choice Scarf.

https://pokepast.es/43560a861c91465f

:chi-yu::hatterene::iron-treads::pawmot::Dondozo::Dragonite:

Outside of sun support, and even within, Hatterene provides perfect support for Chi-Yu. Keeps hazards off the field so it can come in and stay at high health, provides nuzzle to slow down faster threats, and healing wish to give it another run at bulkier teams. Iron Treads is good addition hazard support, and gives Chi-Yu good switch-in opportunities with Volt Switch. Pawmot really leans in to playing very aggressively with Chi-Yu, and Mach Punch is good into a lot of stuff. Dondozo and Dragonite help patch up the team’s weaknesses and appreciate the hazard/revival support.

Gastrodon-East @ Quick Claw
Ability: Storm Drain
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
- Liquidation
- Bulldoze
- Stomping Tantrum
- Stockpile

Staraptor
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
- Acrobatics
- Hurricane
- Rain Dance
- Brave Bird

Oricorio-Sensu @ Leftovers
Ability: Dancer
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
- Revelation Dance
- Protect
- Aerial Ace
- Air Slash

Dugtrio (M) @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Arena Trap
Tera Type: Ground
- Ancient Power
- Bulldoze
- Agility
- Earthquake

Chi-Yu @ Assault Vest
Ability: Beads of Ruin
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
- Crunch
- Facade
- Flame Charge
- Flare Blitz

Maushold @ Loaded Dice
Ability: Technician
- Population Bomb
- Bullet Seed
- Agility
- Baton Pass
this is my team for this week I have gastrodon for speed and offensive like most of my team I have gave my chi-Yu the assault vest since it can be prone to intmerdate ( idk how to spell it) so the assault vest prevents that I gave maushold the ability Technician with the loaded dice and population bomb so it can possibly maximise the damage if it is to connect

Baloor

Tigers Management
PUPL Champion
Gastrodon-East @ Quick Claw
Ability: Storm Drain
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
- Liquidation
- Bulldoze
- Stomping Tantrum
- Stockpile

Staraptor
- Acrobatics
- Hurricane
- Rain Dance
- Brave Bird

Oricorio-Sensu @ Leftovers
Ability: Dancer
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
- Revelation Dance
- Protect
- Aerial Ace
- Air Slash

Dugtrio (M) @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Arena Trap
Tera Type: Ground
- Ancient Power
- Bulldoze
- Agility
- Earthquake

Chi-Yu @ Assault Vest
Ability: Beads of Ruin
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
- Crunch
- Facade
- Flame Charge
- Flare Blitz

Maushold @ Loaded Dice
Ability: Technician
- Population Bomb
- Bullet Seed
- Agility
- Baton Pass
this is my team for this week I have gastrodon for speed and offensive like most of my team I have gave my chi-Yu the assault vest since it can be prone to intmerdate ( idk how to spell it) so the assault vest prevents that I gave maushold the ability Technician with the loaded dice and population bomb so it can possibly maximise the damage if it is to connect
Hi, I’m going to have to disqualify this team because several aspects of it are not legal in sv ou play. Most notably, baton pass and arena trap cannot be used in most smogon formats. You are not barred from submitting teams and you may resubmit a legal team this week but in the future please make sure it is playable (use the validate feature in builder) and tested (ladder). Thanks.

https://pokepast.es/0cf94293279ade50
Started with Chi-Yu, tera water because it handles other non-tera chi-yu users, and beats unaware clodsire
Grimmsnarl gives screen support for Chi-Yu to set up easier
Dragapult (I honestly forgot why I added this to the team, I think it's for spin-blocking)
Torkoal because sun makes Chi-Yu stronger, and I havent made a sun team in a while
Masquerain because it's the best webs setter available and intimidate is useful sometimes
Roaring Moon is put on to benefit from screens and sun as well, Crunch can be replaced with Jaw Lock to trap something for DD spam

I hope this team is better than the last one I made with gholdengo, and honestly Dragapult can be replaced with Annihilape and it'll work as well, but I guess it works

Week 2 Building phase is now over!

Here are the submissions!

Team A
by Vastus
Look, I could just drop the bog standard sun team I've been running since the start of Gen 9, but how about something more heat?

:chi-yu: :orthworm: :dachsbun: :dragonite: :great-tusk: :dragapult:
https://pokepast.es/0407f7c7e6aa1a16

Description:
Nasty Plot Chi-Yu is quite...nasty, yeah. It just blows things apart, and if you get a Flame Charge off on something that's low or a predicted switch, it can straight sweep teams. It's a bit frail though, so Shed Tail support makes this a lot easier. Orthworm gets a bit overlooked because of Cyclizar, but Steel is still a great typing, and it gets a Ground immunity on top. It's also the rocks setter. Dachsbun is the counter for opposing Chi-Yu as well as a general dragon/dark resist, with Wish support it can help the rest of the team out (especially Orthworm). Dragonite gives a ground resist that doesn't get smoked by Tusk's CC and also one of the best abusers of Shed Tail. Dragapult gives us a breaker that doesn't require as much set-up, as well as spinblocker and whatnot. Lastly, Tusk fills in the gaps by providing us with hazard removal and some additional speed via Choice Scarf.

Team B by Hatternity
https://pokepast.es/43560a861c91465f

:chi-yu::hatterene::iron-treads::pawmot::Dondozo::Dragonite:

Outside of sun support, and even within, Hatterene provides perfect support for Chi-Yu. Keeps hazards off the field so it can come in and stay at high health, provides nuzzle to slow down faster threats, and healing wish to give it another run at bulkier teams. Iron Treads is good addition hazard support, and gives Chi-Yu good switch-in opportunities with Volt Switch. Pawmot really leans in to playing very aggressively with Chi-Yu, and Mach Punch is good into a lot of stuff. Dondozo and Dragonite help patch up the team’s weaknesses and appreciate the hazard/revival support.

Team C by Aomori

Reina de Picas

Reina de Picas

Not much to tell, I had in mind a balanced team based on Chiyu and a kind of status spam with Nuzzle, WoW / Lava Plume and TSpikes. That Speed in Hatterene is precisely meant to outspeed Pex. I don't consider him to be a threat and he has been affected this generation, but it doesn't hurt to be prepared. I have no way to keep SR/TSpikes since I don't have a spin block. A bit risky, but Chiyu's Ghost + Hex tera may be viable.

Team D by lolgod3

https://pokepast.es/0cf94293279ade50
Started with Chi-Yu, tera water because it handles other non-tera chi-yu users, and beats unaware clodsire
Grimmsnarl gives screen support for Chi-Yu to set up easier
Dragapult (I honestly forgot why I added this to the team, I think it's for spin-blocking)
Torkoal because sun makes Chi-Yu stronger, and I havent made a sun team in a while
Masquerain because it's the best webs setter available and intimidate is useful sometimes
Roaring Moon is put on to benefit from screens and sun as well, Crunch can be replaced with Jaw Lock to trap something for DD spam

I hope this team is better than the last one I made with gholdengo, and honestly Dragapult can be replaced with Annihilape and it'll work as well, but I guess it works

The voting system used is the Ranked Pairs format. To vote you have to order your options like this: C>B>A>D, like this A>B=C>D, or like this D>C, assuming there are 4 team options (A, B, C, and D). If you choose not to vote for all teams, the last team(s) will be assumed to be last and valued equally if more than one got left out. Please send any questions you might have to my DMs!

You have 4 days to vote!
:chi-yu: Deadline is Tuesday, January 3rd! :chi-yu:
Reminder: you can't include your own team in the string of votes.

Last edited:
Week 2 Building phase is now over!

Here are the submissions!

Team A
by Vastus

Team B by Hatternity

Team C by Aomori

Team D by lolgod3

You have 4 days to vote!
:chi-yu: Deadline is Thursday, January 3rd! :chi-yu:
Reminder: you can't include your own team in the string of votes.
Firstly, january 3rd is a tuesday

C > A > B (D is mine)

Reasoning: I dislike revival blessing and I think it's overrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)