Resource SV OU Bazaar

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://pokepast.es/873fff6ba36cd326

Max HP Chi yu

Powerful team, many hard hitting threats including Chi Yu but with an HP Invested spread. Its meant to live earthquakes from Clodsire so u can fish for Dark Pulse flinches, burns or good rolls, lives EQ from Ting Lu, Roaring Moon etc. Fairy tera hits Roaring Moon for an ohko, its great vs grimmsnarl offense, annihilape, Tyranitar, Ting lu aswell as gets great resistances so u make the most out of your fish.
Slither Wing the buzzwole of the tier, one of the best ways to be spreadin status and be fine against the donphans. Its also completely walled by Gholdengo with this moveset however this provides opportunities for your dark types to come in, uturn every time and u good to throw big hits.

*Veluza Balance*-
https://pokepast.es/c816c907c1884541

Screenshot_20221219_203131_Chrome.jpg

Veluza is incredibly underrated as a potential sweeper.While it does have mediocre stats is has a move
Screenshot_20221219_203339_Chrome.jpg
(basically shell smash but instead of the def and spdef drops it's half hp).
it also has a good ability making its "slicing" moves have 1.5x or a choice band
Screenshot_20221219_203215_Chrome.jpg

This team is built around Veluza. As it is weak to sucker punch and dark types in general,I needed a mon which could take care of em hence I brought in a bulky set up sweeper volcarona with morning sun to take hits consistently. I then needed a rapid spinner that has a good matchup against ghold thus I went with assault vest Great Tusk.since veluza is quite frail I needed a slow U Turner. Corviknight fit the spot beautifully as the team lacked a ground resist/immunity.I then added Roaring Moon as a win con to the team with the Acrobatics booster energy set,it also acts as a one time swap in to chi yu so theres that. And finally I realised that this team gets trashed by unaware dondozo so I threw in a choice specs sandyshocks to deal with dondozo and in general needed a strong special attacker.the good thing about sandy is its 101 base speed which really makes a difference as it gets the jump on chi yu and other base 100s.

Overall this time is quite fun and works well.
Lmk your thoughts after testing it out yourself

Last edited:
*Veluza Balance*-
https://pokepast.es/c816c907c1884541

View attachment 476397
Veluza is incredibly underrated as a potential sweeper.While it does have mediocre stats is has a move View attachment 476398(basically shell smash but instead of the def and spdef drops it's half hp).
it also has a good ability making its "slicing" moves have 1.5x or a choice band View attachment 476399
This team is built around Veluza. As it is weak to sucker punch and dark types in general,I needed a mon which could take care of em hence I brought in a bulky set up sweeper volcarona with morning sun to take hits consistently. I then needed a rapid spinner that has a good matchup against ghold thus I went with assault vest Great Tusk.since veluza is quite frail I needed a slow U Turner. Corviknight fit the spot beautifully as the team lacked a ground resist/immunity.I then added Roaring Moon as a win con to the team with the Acrobatics booster energy set,it also acts as a one time swap in to chi yu so theres that. And finally I realised that this team gets trashed by unaware dondozo so I threw in a choice specs sandyshocks to deal with dondozo and in general needed a strong special attacker.the good thing about sandy is its 101 base speed which really makes a difference as it gets the jump on chi yu and other base 100s.

Overall this time is quite fun and works well.
Lmk your thoughts after testing it out yourself
Nice team, but why is Veluza running Crunch? I would think Night Slash is the superior option since it's powered up by Sharpness.

BeeOrSomething

Daylight Savings Time sucks
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
https://pokepast.es/c2971da681089e83

built this team a bit ago, but discovered this thread and felt like posting it

as evidenced by the name of the team, this is version 2 of an awful attempt at making ghold stack before this, and it might not be the best team, but I've had a lot of fun and success using it on ladder

gholdengho + garchomp is the main core, with ghold being amazing as everyone knows and has instant speed from the scarf while garchomp is a solid fast bulky mon that sets up a bunch of hazards and annoys physical attackers, primarily dondozo (since it's a big nuisance to this team)

corv is a good overall bulky pivot and nice switch into things like tusk and valiant which I would otherwise struggle with. I don't have fog on it because I really need brave bird for valiant and body press is just so good for handling things like kingambit and pao, but I will admit there are occasions which I would like fog. It's leftovers because that extra 6.25% a turn is more valuable to me for dodging certain 2hkos from things like banded pao and quaquaval than the chip of rocky helmet.

Then I have a very threatening choiced duo of pao and yu, who on their own are already two of the strongest mons in the tier and become even stronger with hazard support, u-turn pivoting from corviknight, and a same-stab tera. Ice tera on pao is to allow icicle crash and ice shard to absolutely rip through any bulky neutral mon like max corv or even resists instead of being walled for a bit, and it also encourages me to fish for icicle crash flinches (lol). will-o-wisp on yu is largely filler as none of the other moves it has really add that much, and not having to fish for burn with plume is nice. Admittedly with pao, having crunch could be nice, but in all honesty, I don't click the dark move much due to banded (potential tera boosted) icicle crash and shard being so strong, and when I do it's against something like scarf gold or a sweeper where crunch wouldn't add much, but it's up to you if you want to add it.

Lastly, we have the omega sauce. Assault vest quaquaval. Originally tailor made to be able to live multiple shadow balls from ghold after hazards and ohko it in return after hazards of my own with wave crash before being able to execute a rapid spin, it has evolved. Most people are respecting the offensive prowess of quaq and not its capability to eat a bunch of strong hits and kill their hazards, it's been super nice. I removed wave crash because things like dragonite got annoying and often I would just hit ghold twice with aqua step and it would die. In addition, quaq is also a very good chi-yu switch (relatively) bar psychic, but if they click psychic they're probably choiced, quaq can eat one (even specs), and I'll just switch to pao or whatever and click sacred sword.

Enjoy!

What sets do you have more success with for Great Tusk? A bulky attacker like good ol Donphan? Or full investment in attack and speed since Great tusk is a lot faster. Or are people going for the full bulk build with Assault Vest?

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
RMT Leader
What sets do you have more success with for Great Tusk? A bulky attacker like good ol Donphan? Or full investment in attack and speed since Great tusk is a lot faster. Or are people going for the full bulk build with Assault Vest?
Personally I like the bulky set where I'm using it as a spinner, either Heavy Duty Boots or Assault vest but it would look something like this:

Great Tusk @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 Spe
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Body Press

The speed EVs are to outspeed Chomp after 1 Rapid Spin.

Personally I like the bulky set where I'm using it as a spinner, either Heavy Duty Boots or Assault vest but it would look something like this:

Great Tusk @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 Spe
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Body Press

The speed EVs are to outspeed Chomp after 1 Rapid Spin.
Close combat is better than body press.

Mine is 252 ATk and speed plus jolly

Here's the set I like:

Roaring Moon @ Booster Energy
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake

I'd probably replace great tusk or chien-pao
I won't replace tusk, then I'll have no hazard control

Just a fun sun team I've been working on the last couple days. Specs Overheat is the absolute most enjoyable move to click in the sun, one-shot or nearly one-shots everything. Hazards are everywhere in this game and kinda hurt chi-yu late game so two spinners and a bouncer helps a lot. Roaring Moon's EVs allow it to get the speed boost under sun via Protosynthesis, basically giving you a +1/+1 beast in weakening opposing teams. Dragonite is for late game clean-ups. I've been having decent success with this, about 75/80% winrate in the games ive played this, but advice would be appreciated.

Alright, let me drop a banger of a team real quick. Works surprisingly well to be honest.

Choice Band TuskZone
https://pokepast.es/d22a59fdee74bca7
:great-tusk: :magnezone: :dragonite: :ting-lu: :amoonguss: :dragapult:

So this team is built around CB Tusk since people are really light on Ground resists/immunities in this meta aside from Corviknight and Dnite. Corv takes a ton from CC though and it can get trapped, so it's really not all that safe. When it's gone though, Tusk just goes ham. Ting-Lu and Amoonguss form a decent defensive core, catching a good amount of things (although Valiant is a serious issue if not Choiced, and will usually require your Tera). Dragonite is there as my own Ground immune and as jank as this set may look, it's really good. It just preys on passive mons that it traps and grinds down with Spin and Encore. Really helps to break through stall. Finally, Pult is there as a fast pivot that can clean up later on.

There's probably an improvement to be made somewhere, to make Valiant more bearable, but it's worked fairly consistently so far for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)