Resource SV Monotype Bazaar

Time for some Bug Updates!
TheWyvernKing is the alt I use to ladder pretty much just bug, and I've been making changes to the original team I posted in here to better combat the meta. With having the ability to handle Dondozo while losing as little viability as possible being the goal. I was able to peak #2 on ladder with bug this past week @1695, and it wasn't a fresh run on the alt the elo I started at was ~1500 but I figured it was a decent enough indicator.

Anyhow the team has 2 slight variations right now, with the change being the lokix set.

Here's the bug with Taunt SD Lokix
:Vivillon: :Scizor: :Slither-Wing: :Forretress: :Volcarona: :Lokix:
https://pokepast.es/9e047af346ea6508

And then bug with Band Lokix
:Vivillon: :Scizor: :Slither-Wing: :Forretress: :Volcarona: :Lokix:
https://pokepast.es/caef64fabba92f23

:Vivillon: Standard Vivillon set, pretty needed for the Water matchup in my opinion. I tried variations of the team with heracross instead here but the Vivi Lead is pretty needed in my opinion to not autolose Dondozo water. With it in the front, it can pretty easily apply pressure in the matchup, and if they lead Dondozo you can pretty effectively Energy Ball and Sleep Powder to get yourself into a fitting position. It's also solid for mons such as Bulk Up Great Tusk, and sets like that are the main reason why I run Vivi Timid. The 89 Speed Tier right now outpaces some important mons, Quaquaval/Great Tusk being the 2 biggest examples.

:Scizor: Probably the set that stands out to the most. Metronome Fury Cutter allows Scizor to 1v1 Dondozo by spamming Fury Cutter. Fury Cutter I surprisingly find myself using in other places as well, but it's mostly for Dozo. Metronome Bullet Punch is also pretty neat in the fairy matchup, as it makes spamming Bullet Punch without SD a bit more threatening and you wouldn't have to worry about insta death to Foul Play Klefki. Speed evs outspeed no speed Rotoms as well as adamant azumarill. Close Combat in the last slot for coverage.

:Slither-Wing: Life Orb with Close Combat/EQ 2hkos just about all bulky waters, and is an awesome wallbreaker in general. First Impression keeps the Dark matchup in your favor if you run SD Lokix, I suppose you could replace FI there if you have Band, but it's a neat priority move to have in general. Speed to get past no speed Rotoms, rest in bulk. There aren't a whole lot of significant speed tiers to cover that are slower than Slither, and having the bulk investment makes the mon a much more reliable tank as well, with the longevity from Morning Sun making it much more threatening in the ground/water mus. Having thoughts about changing the set around to try out Bulk Up or whatnot, as that would still help with bulky water but also make Gargancl a bit easier to handle, but this set works pretty well for now.

:Forretress: Pretty standard rocks spin set, with volt switch for momentum, and gyro ball to make sure it's not setup fodder for mons like Dragapult/Mimikyu/Baxcalibur. I consider Rocky Helm important here in this pretty fast paced meta, but you can defs swap it out for lefties or whatnot to help with longevity.

:Volcarona: Considering changing this set around, but love bulk volc in general. Speed evs lets it outpace +1 Iron Treads at +2, forget what the defense and special d cover, rest in special attack.

:Lokix: First used the taunt sd set cause people were like "you can beat dozo with taunt". Yeah no, this ain't gonna do shit to dondozo LOL. That being said, the Taunt SD set is surprisingly solid. Especially in the Ground MU it can find tons of setup opportunities, and Taunt shuts down a lot. There are matches where it's definitely better to have a band. Band would be better to swap into Sableye dark and just Uturn, helps more in Flying and vs. offensive builds in general. Taunt SD can still be a threat to offensive builds if it forces a switch to SD, plus it still has priority in sucker, but the places where you're really going to be wanting it are in the lategame vs. bulky mons like Toxapex. A band in the lategame vs. a healthy toxapex won't do anything for example, but a taunt SD could definitely cut it down low. I'll also say that while I specified the band set was better vs. more HO builds, and definitely reliable for just about all matchups, if you get an SD up vs. something like offensive dark you can pretty much just sweep if the conditions are right. +2 Sucker OHKOs mons like Meowscarada and OHKOs Roaring Moon if rocks are up. Anyhow they both serve different purposes but work with the team overall.

I'll probs try to figure out if it's worth to change the Slither/Volc set and try out other stuff in the meantime

Last edited:

mushamu

God jihyo
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Teamdump:
Choice Specs Garchomp
:clodsire: :quagsire: :garchomp: :ting lu: :iron treads: :great tusk:
https://pokepast.es/43abeb5cc1fbf9f4
This is a team I made that originally had Swords Dance Garchomp but I changed it to Choice Specs as I kept getting destroyed by Great Tusk and Corviknight. The immediate breaking power beats both nicely, OHKOing the former with Draco Meteor and 2HKOing the latter with Flamethrower. Power Gem is for Volcarona. Garchomp is generally a nice breaker combined with the defensive core and makes the team more aggressive alongside Great Tusk.

Choice Scarf Flutter Mane
:flutter mane: :dragapult: :gholdengo: :brambleghast: :spiritomb: :mimikyu:
https://pokepast.es/42199eee01e9ea7f
Nice Ghost team to use in tournaments. The Dragapult set beats Quagsire by burning it and then wasting its low PP recovers by Dragon Darts, allowing you to beat Water and Ground. Choice Scarf Flutter Mane is brazy against offense in general and Power Gem nukes Fire. Spiritomb is a great Dark neutrality and defensive wall, and Substitute 3 attacks Gholdengo poops on a lot of defensive cores.

Tatsugiri Fat Water
https://pokepast.es/a22b9206397aebef
:tatsugiri: :dondozo: :quaquaval: :toxapex: :slowking: :gastrodon-east:
2 IQ Water team I made that features the god Toxapex with a defensive core and Tatsugiri + Future Sight + Quaquaval for pressure. Tatsugiri is a nice Pokemon because of its offensive presence and Rapid Spin. Encore on Quaquaval is nice for setup Pokemon like Hydreigon and whatnot.

Thanks for reading :heart:

Deadly Poison ☠ (Top 31 ladder , 1600 elo )
https://pokepast.es/0c4f69b27b3c8419
Poison vs Psychic :
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1762593233-vii9cawadnzydah2kyjkly9v2dqmwgjpw

Description:
This team is extremely well . Salazzle uses specific move such as Endeavor to bring down walls easier (combine with t-spikes to become more deadly) . Skuntank + Toxapex + Glimmora + Amoongus form a excellent defensive core , be able to cripple almost every kinds of team (if you want to have easier time with the opposing Ground team , you can replace one of Amoongus’s moves with Giga Drain , although most of the cases Foul Play + Stomping Tantrum will help Poison deal with Steel + Ghost teams better ). The final slot is Haunter for Ground Immunity and high damage output (easily OHKO Hatterene +2 with Hex ) . Hope you enjoy my greatest Poison team ever !!!
(My showdown account name is Ultramanball1)
*edit : if you meet something like substitute setup sweeper , this team probably gonna lose

Last edited:

TTK

Narmaya. That's it.
is a Community Contributor
Two pages in and no one has posted a single Dark team so here you go. I used this and another version to get reqs for the suspect test so it's pretty good all things considered.

:roaring-moon: :chien-pao: :iron-jugulis::ting-lu: :sableye: :kingambit:

Banded Chien-Pao is pretty bonkers tbh shoutout to mushamu for putting me on. Scarf Roaring Moon is also pretty cool to spam Outrage when there's no fairies last game, especially with hazards from Ting-Lu up. Sableye is here for the fighting mu, difficult ik but get hazards up and sack sableye to the spore and find a way to get Jugulis in. Speaking of Jugulis, way better than if Hydreigon was here, the Fighting neutrality means the whole team isn't folding to Mach Punch and Jugulis can threaten Fighting with Flying STAB.

I saw no one posted psychic, so here, one that I used to get to 1,500:

https://pokepast.es/b9a3026568de3e81

Screens scream tail + hatterene and banded gallade make dark quite a lot easier. I chose to go scarf indeedee instead of scarf gallade is because of sableye, whom gets 2hko'd by banded leaf blade, and assuming psychic terrain is up, can't get burned.

Protect on veluza is necesarry for the bug mu, as it deflects any first impressions if psychic terrain is not up. It also helps vs the ground MU. Slowbro is the only real defensive mon in this team, and Scream Tail helps with the lack of defensive mons with it's screens and also brings rocks. Ghost is a notable issue for this team, but it's Ghost vs Psychic lol. Indeedee helps with that, and hatt and sneak gallade also help vs ghost.

https://pokepast.es/18576f490287697a

This is the other team I used to get to 1,500, and it's preety standard. Klefki sets up screens, and FM + Valiant + Hatt is the main offensive core. I chose to go physical valiant so the steel mu becomes easier, as knock off OHKO's offensive Gholdengo.

Mimikyu and Azumarill are kind of back up mons, due to their ability to take a hit behind screens, and Azumarill is notable for being able to win some mu's once it gets a BD off.
Just stay away from poison and you should be good with this.

I finally decided to build a rain team. This team isn't that good but it's not bad and I had a ton of fun with it which is good enough for me.

Specs Pelipper Flying
:pelipper::kilowattrel::corviknight::dragonite::flamigo::talonflame:

I didn't really have a plan when making this team. I decided to use specs Pelipper because I thought it would be funny. 20 speed on Pelipper here is to outspeed Corv. Specs Kilowattrel is probably objectively better for rain but I'm already running specs Pelipper and I don't like having 2 of the same choice item on a team. Corv and Dragonite are self explanatory. They're pretty much mandatory on every flying team. Flamigo makes a pretty solid revenge killer that also eases the dark matchup. Also I don't want Dragonite to be my only offensive physical attacker. Last is Talonflame, who's kinda iffy on a rain team but regardless, I think it's a great physical tank and literally an rng magnet with flame body. It's also nice to have a secondary defogger when your rain setter doesn't have boots. 132 speed is to outspeed and burn Mimikyu. I can definitely see the case for going all in on defense tho.
Overall, this team is pretty fun. Just keep Pelipper alive, spam hurricane, and cry when you see mono fairy.

So, time for some fairy and psychic updates :3! (And a new type at the end as a little gift for reading that long :-0)

First up, we have: https://pokepast.es/dbe0aacad78442c3

This is preety much just the psychic team I uploaded before, but Armarouge over Veluza. I figured Armarouge helped more in more MU's than veluza, even going as far as helping with dark and making the bug and fairy MU easier. Expanding Force is arguable over stored power on Armarouge if you want immediate power, although this means you have to set up indeedee first.

Next on our list:
https://pokepast.es/1a33d94c0e5a2973

A lot like the fairy I posted before, but on this one, the most notable change is special valiant from physical valiant. Psyshock + Thunderbolt make water and poison a little easier, and Aura Sphere + Moonblast are generally nice stabs. I chose expert belt since I didn't like the recoil of Life Orb nor the locking of Specs and Scarf, but those 3 items are arguable over Expert Belt.

What seems weird is the change of Heavy Duty Boots Hatterene. At first glance, it seems weird to have boots on it when one of its main functions is to bounce back hazards. Well, if you think about it, you are not always gonna be able to stop hazards from getting up because you need to kill the setter ASAP, like Ting-Lu or whatelse. This generally allows for more aggresive play prioritizing damage over keeping hazards off. It's nice in mu's where Hatterene is the wincon, like ground specifically, a type that sets up hazards a lot.

And here's the new type:
https://pokepast.es/ded9356c054a02b9

(so weird to see a fairy main posting a steel team, right?)

So, this team. This team has a really good MU vs fighting dark and fairy. Bronzong and Klefki are very annoying mons that can set up and sweep very quickly. Bronzong is heatpoof over levitate to be able to take on some fire moves, and the ev's are tailored so it is a 3hko'd by an unboosted Ceruledge Bitter Blade in sun while having bulk in the special side before setting up. Corviknight is also a nice set up mon with roost and Bulk Up. These three together give fighting dark and fairy a lot of trouble on their own.

SpD treads is generally a good mon, able to set up rocks, remove items & hazards, and a pivot. Gholdengo and Scizor are the only mons in this team that are instantly threatening. Scarf Gholdengo is good speed control, while Scizor has priority, and it's banded to take advantage of U-Turn more. It might seem strange to go Scizor over Kingambit, but both are interchangable on this team tbf. Scizor forms a nice Volt-Turn core with Treads and packs fighting coverage, while having Trailblaze for Quagsire. However, Kingambit has supreme overlord, and nice type combo in addition to bulk.

Thanks for reading this far ^-^!

https://pokepast.es/aee043301c6a72e3 Hey everyone! Since someone brought up the fact that we have no Grass teams in bazaar, I decided to share one of my creations. It is a balance team that revolves around the most useful Pokemon that Grass teams have at their disposal.

:wo-chien: Best physical wall on Grass thanks to its stats and ability, access to Ruination and Leech Seed makes this Pokemon very annoying to deal with. I run Body press to deal with particular threats such as Kingambit, but Foul Play also works well if you are looking to have a more broad response to physical attackers (especially the ones with setup such as Dragonite).

:meowscarada: One of the best offensive mons Grass teams have; pretty much a must-have if you ask me since it does a lot of things, not gonna say much here. Great base speed, Protean, access to Flower Trick and decent coverage (Play Rough / Knock Off / U-turn) makes it a great scarfer in general and sometimes can even be used with Choice Band. I personally prefer Scarf here because Grass lacks speed control in general and you basically outspeed many other threats with it, and you have other options for Band (which I added on Breloom / see below).

:amoonguss: Another super standard Pokemon to have; it provides toxic spikes hazard removal and a pretty good check to common threats like Flutter Mane and Iron Valiant due to its typing. Access to Spore and Regenerator are also good traits this Pokemon have; pretty much should be used by any Grass team.

:abomasnow: The main reason I use this is to provide a backup answer for common threats such as Chien-pao and Baxcalibur, which you pretty much autolose against otherwise. It also helps alleviating the pressure Wo-Chien takes in several cases (since it lacks reliable recovery it helps a lot). Hail now provides a 1.5x boost to defense, allowing it take several Ice attacks without much trouble. Body Press pairs nicely with it as it uses the defense stat to deal damage; and it also brings Aurora Veil utility to increase the longevity of its teammates. Leech Seed + Protect combo to further increase tankiness and to make it even more annoying to deal with.

:breloom: Breloom does it job especially on the Dark matchup. It will have some trouble against teams that have Sableye or Lokix (or both), though. Choice Band provides it immediate power, enabling it OHKO offensive Hydreigon variants and bulkier Kingambit spreads. Bulldoze is chosen here as it works better vs certain Poison and Steel Pokemon which are more common than Flyings and Bugs, thus making it a better choice than Rock Tomb in most cases. Close Combat and Bullet Seed are hard hitting STAB moves and will do a lot of damage to anything that doesn't resist it. Mach Punch does its job as a priority / late game cleaning and especially at checking the forementioned threats.

:brambleghast: Offensive utility pokemon, it has access to Rapid Spin which I consider very important in a hazard-stacking focused metagame. It also has access to Spikes itself; enabling Grass to pressure opposing switchins (especially vs the teams lacking removal); and can even spinblock against passive rapid spin users. Spell Tag + Shadow Sneak w/ Adamant nature enables it to always OHKO Flutter Mane at full, it also maximizes the damage output against other annoying Ghosts such as Gholdengo and Dragapult. Strength Sap is basically one of the best recovery moves since it drops your opponents attack and often heals more than half of your health while having 16 PP on the top of that. Definitely a great Pokemon to have although Toedscruel could be a possibility which I am not very fond of.

That's basically it! If you are not very fond of Abomasnow you could easily slip a Rotom-Mow in there and the team will work out fine, too. While Grass isn't the greatest choice to run in ladder, it is surely a fun type to use and has an useful anti-meta utility (good vs Water and Ground; while still having winnable scenarios against other common types such as Ghost, Fairy and Dark). Hope you enjoy it as much as I did laddering with this team.

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
Tera Type: Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch

Glimmora @ Focus Sash
Ability: Toxic Debris
EVs: 252 SpA / 6 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Energy Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Sludge Bomb
- Earth Power

Drednaw @ Air Balloon
Ability: Shell Armor
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Liquidation
- Earthquake
- Shell Smash

Lycanroc @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 48 Def / 4 SpD / 188 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Accelerock
- Play Rough
- Drill Run

Coalossal @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Body Press
- Flamethrower
- Iron Defense
- Rapid Spin

Iron Thorns @ Choice Band
Ability: Quark Drive
EVs: 176 HP / 252 Atk / 80 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Wild Charge
- Low Kick
- Ice Punch

Unsure about tyranitar and iron thorns sets, but I think are worthwhile. Rock is difficult type to build.

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Ice Punch

Coalossal @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Iron Defense
- Fire Blast
- Body Press
- Rapid Spin

Glimmora @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Toxic Debris
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Energy Ball
- Earth Power
- Sludge Bomb

Lycanroc-Dusk @ Focus Sash
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Accelerock
- Close Combat
- Play Rough

Garganacl @ Leftovers
Ability: Purifying Salt
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Defense
- Recover
- Body Press
- Salt Cure

Drednaw @ Air Balloon
Ability: Swift Swim
Jolly Nature
- Shell Smash
- Liquidation
- Stone Edge
- Ice Spinner

In both teams chople berry coalossal can help in the BUG MU against close combat Scizor but boots are very good item....

Rotom-Mow @ Terrain Extender
Ability: Levitate
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 196 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Volt Switch
- Electric Terrain
- Thunderbolt

Meowscarada @ Focus Sash
Ability: Overgrow
Tera Type: Grass
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Flower Trick
- Knock Off

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Def / 40 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Clear Smog
- Sludge Bomb
- Foul Play
- Spore

Abomasnow @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Leech Seed
- Blizzard
- Body Press

Iron Leaves @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Quark Drive
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Psyblade
- Megahorn
- Close Combat

Appletun @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 248 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Leech Seed
- Recover
- Dragon Pulse
- Apple Acid

Lead with meowscarada preferably.

Toedscruel @ Leftovers
Ability: Mycelium Might
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Def / 216 SpD
Calm Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earth Power
- Spikes
- Spore

Meowscarada @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
Jolly Nature
- Play Rough
- U-turn
- Flower Trick
- Knock Off

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Def / 40 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Synthesis
- Sludge Bomb
- Foul Play
- Toxic

Abomasnow @ Light Clay
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Leech Seed
- Blizzard
- Body Press

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Rock Tomb

Appletun @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 248 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Leech Seed
- Recover
- Dragon Pulse
- Apple Acid

Breloom lead with sash can help in most MUs but in some cases is preferable no lead with it if you see a hard-counter.

Wo-Chien @ Leftovers
Ability: Tablets of Ruin
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Body Press
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Meowscarada @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
Jolly Nature
- Play Rough
- U-turn
- Flower Trick
- Knock Off

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Synthesis
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Toxic

Abomasnow @ Light Clay
EVs: 230 HP / 216 Def / 64 Spe
Bold Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Leech Seed
- Blizzard
- Body Press

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Rock Tomb

Brambleghast @ Spell Tag
Ability: Wind Rider
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Spikes
- Strength Sap
- Rapid Spin

This team is a version to the team posted by juleocesar last post.

In rock and grass teams I found sash leads very useful, but is my personal opinion. Types that are difficult to build around.

Arase

Banned deucer.
100th post special ! team pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/f111c5da0d26d3a2

i have a theory that band meowscarada is HIM, it doesnt need scarf to outspeed anything vs water and vs ground it can easily break everything banded so i built a team around it, heres the result
1679836399870.png
nothing special i know

low kick is there to catch kingambits switching in on the play rough predictions, roaring moon is the speed control, physical ting and special skunk as my backbone, protect skunk is there to scout and get black sludge hp and the rest is pretty standard

ive been around for years and i messed around alot, with time i grew and i learnt alot of things, i had my ups and downs but i really love monotype, even tho im currently the black sheep of the community for my past actions i still hang around cuz i truly like the community, ill do my best to help the community as much as i possibly can <3

shotout to the wonderful ppl i met in the years: maroon style.css AtraX Madara Elliot Starfox. Mateeus Leafium Z MurderousMantyke Redgoop115 Azick Brumirage ken just like hunny ikiarihS UT Jordy004 Dorron Siegfried beatrice Typhlosion4 Prof.Otaku Fraolain Elyoss

ppl i beef with sometimes but i dont dislike em at all: Vodoom Neko mushamu roxie Dragon Expert Soma

ppl that helped me grow up as a player but i dont interact too much with (also sorry im still ass): Attribute Trichotomy mushamu style.css

black sheep alongside me <3 Perish Song

if i forgot anyone sowweh just know that all of u matter <3

Attachments

Last edited:

mushamu

God jihyo
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Since Home is almost here I'm going to post the SV teams I've liked pre-home so that other people can try them out. I don't have enough time to write out each description so dm me on discord mushamu#7309 if you're confused on what some of these sets and teams do. Some of them aren't serious and you can check the paste names to find out more information about them as well.

Dark
:ting lu: :sableye: :kingambit: :meowscarada: :greninja: :chien pao:
:ting lu: :sableye: :skuntank: :meowscarada: :brute bonnet: :chien pao:
:ting lu: :spiritomb: :skuntank: :iron jugulis: :greninja: :chien pao:
:ting lu: :sableye: :skuntank: :lokix: :chien-pao: :wo chien:
:ting lu: :sableye: :kingambit: :lokix: :chien-pao: :skuntank:
:meowscarada: :spiritomb: :roaring moon: :lokix: :chien-pao: :skuntank:
:ting lu: :sableye: :skuntank: :kingambit: :brute bonnet: :chien pao:

Fairy
:klefki: :tinkaton: :iron valiant: :flutter mane: :azumarill: :mimikyu:

Fire
:cinderace: :iron moth: :volcarona: :tauros-paldea-blaze: :skeledirge: :talonflame:
:torkoal: :cinderace: :volcarona: :tauros-paldea-blaze: :skeledirge: :scovillain:

Flying
:bombirdier: :gyarados: :kilowattrel: :dragonite: :salamence: :corviknight:
:iron jugulis: :gyarados: :kilowattrel: :dragonite: :flamigo: :corviknight:
:pelipper: :gyarados: :kilowattrel: :salamence: :iron jugulis: :corviknight:
:bombirdier: :iron jugulis: :kilowattrel: :dragonite: :gyarados: :corviknight:
:salamence: :iron jugulis: :kilowattrel: :dragonite: :gyarados: :corviknight:
:altaria: :salamence: :kilowattrel: :dragonite: :noivern: :corviknight:
:talonflame: :salamence: :kilowattrel: :dragonite: :bombirdier: :corviknight:
:bombirdier: :iron jugulis: :murkrow: :gyarados: :kilowattrel: :corviknight:

Ghost
:flutter mane: :zoroark-hisui: :gholdengo: :brambleghast: :skeledirge: :dragapult:
:flutter mane: :zoroark-hisui: :gholdengo: :brambleghast: :skeledirge: :mimikyu:
:froslass: :ceruledge: :gholdengo: :dragapult: :flutter mane: :mimikyu:
:flutter mane: :zoroark-hisui: :palossand: :skeledirge: :mimikyu: :dragapult:
:flutter mane: :mimikyu: :gholdengo: :brambleghast: :spiritomb: :dragapult:

Ground
:great tusk: :iron treads: :quagsire: :clodsire: :garchomp: :camerupt:
:great tusk: :iron treads: :quagsire: :clodsire: :garchomp: :sandy shocks:
:great tusk: :iron treads: :quagsire: :clodsire: :ting lu: :sandy shocks:
:great tusk: :iron treads: :quagsire: :clodsire: :ting lu: :palossand:
:hippowdon::iron treads: :quagsire: :clodsire: :garchomp: :sandy shocks:
:great tusk::iron treads: :quagsire: :clodsire: :garchomp: :ting lu:

Poison
:toxapex: :amoonguss: :skuntank: :gengar: :iron moth: :glimmora:
:toxapex: :amoonguss: :skuntank: :salazzle: :clodsire: :glimmora:

Water
:toxapex: :greninja: :quaquaval: :quagsire: :gyarados: :walking wake:
:toxapex: :greninja: :quaquaval: :gastrodon: :dondozo: :bruxish:
:toxapex: :greninja: :quaquaval: :quagsire: :tatsugiri: :bruxish:
:pelipper: :toxapex: :greninja: :quaquaval: :quagsire: :barraskewda:

Will add more as edits if I find any more, but for now enjoy :blobthumbsup:

Last edited:
Ok I'm on vacation rn and I originally wasn't gonna post anything here until I got back but Jesus Christ mono rock is so fun now that I had to dump my team here

:arcanine-hisui::drednaw::glimmora::tyranitar::garganacl::kleavor: <-- Click for the paste

I never thought Hisuian Arcanine and Kleavor alone would be enough to make the type worth using. And I was right. Mono rock sucks. But it's the most fun it's ever been this gen. I have no idea how the metagame will develop from here so there's a good chance this team will become outdated but as of now, I'm really proud of it.
:arcanine-hisui: Probably the best out of the 2 additions to mono rock. You already know what this good boi does. Mono steel has no switchins to it, which surprisingly makes rock vs steel not completely unwinnable. I can see good use cases for band and scarf, but I personally gravitate towards not being choice locked at all. Hisuian Arcanine can still deal good enough damage without band and not being choice locked significantly eases your time reading switches. Also, rock can't fit coalossal anymore so heavy duty boots helps with the lack of removal
:kleavor: Kleavor isn't as good as Hisuian Arcanine imo but it's still a great addition to mono rock regardless. Stone axe is such a great move that allows other mons to forego stealth rock for other move options. And access to pivoting helps mono rock quite a bit. I'm not too caught up on what other people are running but from my experience, scarf is the best here. Rock struggles a lot with speed and especially considering that I couldn't fit Lycanroc on this team, I needed my Kleavor to be scarfed if I wanted to get any real pressure in most matchups. I'm all ears if there's a better set tho

Idk what else to say tbh. I'm just glad mono rock's fun to play again. Thanks for reading this, any feedback on the team is appreciated as usual

TheRealBigC

Strung out in heaven's high
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Posting two flavours of Screens HO teams I've made which I've found to be pretty successful:

Normal

:Wyrdeer::Ursaluna::Zoroark-Hisui::Cyclizar::Staraptor::Ditto: (click for paste)

• This is a fairly simple Screens HO team that takes advantage of Normal's access to Cyclizar and strong set-up sweepers like Ursaluna and Zoroark-H.
  • Wyrdeer is the only viable choice for a screens setter on Normal, and despite its slow speed serves as a good option due to its good mixed bulk and access to Intimidate, which generally ensures it will get screens up at least once during an average game. It also has access to both Hypnosis and T Wave to cripple opponents and make set ups easier, as well as a good STAB option in Psyshield Bash which can be particularly useful against Fighting types.
  • Ursaluna is our first sweeper option, serving as an incredibly strong, durable and status immune (after Burn) wallbreaker with excellent coverage. Screens and Shed Tail support make it easier for Ursa to set up SDs and tank hits.
  • Zoroark-H is our second set up sweeper, bosting impressive Sp Atk and Speed with amazing coverage and a crucial Fighting immunity. Disguise this as Staraptor to feign a Ground immunity and Scarf.
  • Cyclizar is an excellent utility mon, being able to spin away hazards, Knock and Taunt opponents, and, of course, pass Shed Tail. It massively benefits from Screens support, allowing it to pass Shed Tail easier and making its subs more durable.
  • Staraptor is our primary Scarfer and late game cleaner, being able to deal out massive damage with Reckless STAB moves and pivot with U-Turn. It also has a valuable Ground immunity.
  • Ditto serves as a nice backup option to revenge sweep opponents if your game plan falls apart or if your opponent manages to set up on you. It is extremely valuable in the otherwise tough Dark MU in particular due to being able to Transform into Chien-Pao and spam Sacred Sword with impunity.
  • Unfortunately this team has no hazards due to the only viable hazard setter on Normal being Blissey, which simply does not fit an aggressive Screens playstyle. This team also somewhat struggles in the Dark MU due to Wyrdeer and Zoroark-H being very vulnerable to Dark attacks and a lack of Dark resists on Normal.

Fairy

:Flutter Mane::Iron Valiant::Klefki::Azumarill::Hatterene::Enamorus-Therian: (click for paste)

• This is an extremely strong Screens HO team with a great defensive profile, an excellent setter and overall support mon in Klefki, strong and bulky sweepers in Azumarill and Enamorus-T, and immensely powerful all-around breakers and cleaners in Specs Flutter Mane and Scarf Iron Valiant.
  • Specs Flutter Mane needs no introduction; it's an incredibly strong wallbreaker with amazing STABs, Spd and coverage.
  • Scarf Iron Valiant similarly is an excellent late game cleaner and revenge killer. Trick can be used to cripple annoying fat mons.
  • Klefki is our Screens setter and does a fantastic job at this with Prankster, ensuring it can virtually always gets Screens up at some point during the course of a game. It can also set Spikes with priority, which is of course great for a team full of breakers and sweepers. The last move is filler; I opted for Foul Play here, but you could run things like Dazzling Gleam and Thunder Wave too. Defensively Klefki offers a Poison immunity and a Steel neutrality, which is insanely valuable against mons like Sneasler.
  • Belly Drum Azumarill benefits immensely from Screens support and is a nightmare for a lot of types like Dark, Fighting, Water, Fire and so on to deal with. Defensively Azumarill has an amazing typing, offering a Water resist and a Steel neutrality.
  • Hatterene is unfortunately Fairy's only option for hazard control, which is necessary for this team as you really want to Enamorus-Therian to run Leftovers for longevity, and its teammates all benefit a lot from keeping hazards off. The reason I say this is unfortunate is because Hatterene can do nothing to prevent hazards from Samurott-H or Kleavor, which sadly will just be something you'll have to deal with. That being said Magic Bounce is still a phenomenal ability, being able to support Klefki by reflecting Taunts and status, and Hatterene itself is still a great Pokemon with fantastic bulk that can easily set up multiple Calm Minds under Screens.
  • Enamorus-T is our last sweeper option, boasting a great defensive profile that can easily become unbreakable under Screens after Iron Defense and Calm Mind. The healing Enamorus-T gets from boosted Draining Kiss after a few CM boosts is incredible, and Earth Power is fatnastic coverage for Steels. Before trying to sweep with this however, make sure you've eliminated any status spreaders or Haze users on the opposing team, as Enamorus-T is very vulnerable to these due to its low Speed.

Last edited:

TheRealBigC

Also want to post this Ghost HO team which I think is pretty much as optimised as I can make it; easily one of the best types in the meta right now.

:Flutter Mane::Spectrier::Zoroark-Hisui::Gholdengo::Froslass::Mimikyu: (click for paste)

Not going super in-depth here because the broken mons speak for themselves. Running suicide lead Froslass is great on Ghost as a lot of types rely on Spin to remove hazards right now, and you can prevent enemy hazards and potentially KO something as well as getiting Spikes up with Icy Wind + Taunt + Destiny Bond. Air Balloon Gholdengo is there to give you a Ground immunity and to stuff no Fire Punch Ursaluna variants. I'm using Mimikyu over Pult to ensure this team doesn't get cleaved open by Dark and to make Ghost dittos easier.

Neko

When you live for love, how precious life can be
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributor
Hi, I'd like to share a few teams I've liked so far. They'll probably do better in the correct hands, so yup :blobnom:

:garchomp: :baxcalibur: :dragapult: :goodra-hisui: :hydreigon: :walking-wake:
A rather standard-ish build of Dragon where Dragons try to do what they do best: Hit hard, take hits, hit even harder and hopefully overwhelm the opposing team. Or not and fail. DD Baxcalibur is too good in this meta, being able to shred through Flying and Poison teams which its team mates struggle with. Adamant lets you have a chance of 2HKO'ing Una Quagsire. Hydreigon for Steel breaking, Hisui Goodra flips the script on Fairy if it gets an Acid Armor up (the Defense lets it OHKO Chien w/ Body Press at +0), and Dragapult and Walking Wake for cleaning. Choice Scarf Walking Wake is preferred as it revenges Bax and Pao comfortably. Only gripe is you're a bit weak to Azumarill, this can be fixed if you'd use Thunderbolt on Dragapult. A more offense focused (like, Cyclizar-based) can be found here, but losing Walking Wake can be dire as Scarf Pult isnt really great.

:regieleki: :iron-hands: :zapdos: :rotom-wash: :magnezone: :sandy-shocks:
Electric beats the crap out of Fairy more than any type right now, which made me love this type. Explanations for the spreads can be found in the rate I recently did with regards to Electric (and has some descriptions on what other routes one can take when building it, maybe?). Wild Charge Regieleki saves this team a lot more times than it should, its hilarious.

:heatran: :corviknight: :gholdengo: :goodra-hisui: :kingambit: :iron-treads:
I must confess that this team might be the product of my observations about a certain guy laddering in MLT, but the sets probably dont 100% match. Substitute Heatran is great for the Poison and Steel matchup, letting you burn everything and spread horror. However, with just these attacks you'll likely lose against Volcarona and have nothing to hit Air Balloon Heatran with, so Rock Tomb can be used. Corviknight is EV'ed to take most non-Band Close Combats with ease, Thunder Wave Gholdengo is quite annoying and lets our sweepers have more chances of winning due to yellow magic. Hisui Goodra outspeeds Azumarill, always OHKOs Baxcalibur with Draco Meteor, and always deals >30% to Heatran with Earthquake, even though its burnt. This is important since Body Press deals a paltry ~18% if its burnt. Assault Vest lets it trade with Landorus and freeze it with Ice Beam. Low Kick Kingambit is used over Iron Head as it lets you notably claim Ting-Lu and Iron Hands late-game compared to Iron Head. Ice Spinner Treads is our secondary out to Landorus, and fast Ice coverage is nice too.

Miscellaneous teams I'll put descriptions in soon, as I ran out of braincells.
:enamorus: :flutter-mane: :iron-valiant: :klefki: :azumarill: :hatterene:
:dragapult: :spectrier: :brambleghast: :skeledirge: :flutter-mane: :gholdengo:
:samurott-hisui: :rotom-wash: :greninja: :toxapex: :quagsire: :quaquaval:

I'll add more as I find more comfy teams to play with, I hope these teams help you enjoy monotype more

Last edited:

TheRealBigC

Hi, I'd like to share a few teams I've liked so far. They'll probably do better in the correct hands, so yup :blobnom:

:garchomp: :baxcalibur: :dragapult: :goodra-hisui: :hydreigon: :walking-wake:
A rather standard-ish build of Dragon where Dragons try to do what they do best: Hit hard, take hits, hit even harder and hopefully overwhelm the opposing team. Or not and fail. DD Baxcalibur is too good in this meta, being able to shred through Flying and Poison teams which its team mates struggle with. Adamant lets you have a chance of 2HKO'ing Una Quagsire. Hydreigon for Steel breaking, Hisui Goodra flips the script on Fairy if it gets an Acid Armor up (the Defense lets it OHKO Chien w/ Body Press at +0), and Dragapult and Walking Wake for cleaning. Choice Scarf Walking Wake is preferred as it revenges Bax and Pao comfortably. Only gripe is you're a bit weak to Azumarill, this can be fixed if you'd use Thunderbolt on Dragapult. A more offense focused (like, Cyclizar-based) can be found here, but losing Walking Wake can be dire as Scarf Pult isnt really great.

:regieleki: :iron-hands: :zapdos: :rotom-wash: :magnezone: :sandy-shocks:
Electric beats the crap out of Fairy more than any type right now, which made me love this type. Explanations for the spreads can be found in the rate I recently did with regards to Electric (and has some descriptions on what other routes one can take when building it, maybe?). Wild Charge Regieleki saves this team a lot more times than it should, its hilarious.

:heatran: :corviknight: :gholdengo: :goodra-hisui: :kingambit: :iron-treads:
I must confess that this team might be the product of my observations about a certain guy laddering in MLT, but the sets probably dont 100% match. Substitute Heatran is great for the Poison and Steel matchup, letting you burn everything and spread horror. However, with just these attacks you'll likely lose against Volcarona and have nothing to hit Air Balloon Heatran with, so Rock Tomb can be used. Corviknight is EV'ed to take most non-Band Close Combats with ease, Thunder Wave Gholdengo is quite annoying and lets our sweepers have more chances of winning due to yellow magic. Hisui Goodra outspeeds Azumarill, always OHKOs Baxcalibur with Draco Meteor, and always deals >30% to Heatran with Earthquake, even though its burnt. This is important since Body Press deals a paltry ~18% if its burnt. Assault Vest lets it trade with Landorus and freeze it with Ice Beam. Low Kick Kingambit is used over Iron Head as it lets you notably claim Ting-Lu and Iron Hands late-game compared to Iron Head. Ice Spinner Treads is our secondary out to Landorus, and fast Ice coverage is nice too.

Miscellaneous teams I'll put descriptions in soon, as I ran out of braincells.
:enamorus: :flutter-mane: :iron-valiant: :klefki: :azumarill: :hatterene:
:dragapult: :spectrier: :brambleghast: :skeledirge: :flutter-mane: :gholdengo:
:samurott-hisui: :rotom-wash: :greninja: :toxapex: :quagsire: :quaquaval:

I'll add more as I find more comfy teams to play with, I hope these teams help you enjoy monotype more
Really like some of the techs on the Steel team, but think it might be worth putting Heavy Slam on Goodra-H to counter Flutter Mane (possibly dropping Draco Meteor and reducing Sp Atk EVs while increasing bulk); this team currently has no Steel moves outside of Gholdengo's Make It Rain to smash FM with, and you have other ways of beating Bax. Also Black Glasses > Leftovers on Gambit imo to sweep more easily and I would strongly recommend Body Press > Taunt on Corv not only for the coverage, but also because you can burn through 16 Brave Bird PP fairly easily over the course of a protracted game if it's your only attacking option. I also prefer Air Balloon Magma offensive Heatran since Corv and Goodra-H are already great special walls but that's more of a preference

Last edited:
Really like some of the techs on the Steel team, but think it might be worth putting Heavy Slam on Goodra-H to counter Flutter Mane (possibly dropping Draco Meteor and reducing Sp Atk EVs while increasing bulk); this team currently has no Steel moves outside of Gholdengo's Make It Rain to smash FM with, and you have other ways of beating Bax. Also Black Glasses > Leftovers on Gambit imo to sweep more easily and I would strongly recommend Body Press > Taunt on Corv not only for the coverage, but also because you can burn through 16 Brave Bird PP fairly easily over the course of a protracted game if it's your only attacking option. I also prefer Air Balloon Magma offensive Heatran since Corv and Goodra-H are already great special walls but that's more of a preference
Honestly I think everything you brought up is unnecessary to change for the steel. Flutter is answered by not only Hoodra, but is also stopped by special defensive Heatran, Kingambit, checked by Iron Treads, and if it's the more common specs set - checked by Gholdengo. Heavy Slam on hoodra is more important for Dragon, where one of it's biggest roles there is to prevent Flutter from sweeping. On Steel there are multiple pokemon that can take advantage of Flutter being choicelocked, and put momentum into your favor.
Black Glasses v. Leftovers is more of a user preference on Gambit, as you said black glasses helps with damage output, but longevity wise Leftovers is pretty common and I think I see more esp. at high ladder.
Body Press is an option on the bulk up Corv set, and taunt-bulk up I guess was more common gen 8, but honestly I still prefer taunt bulk up over bulk up + 2 attack. Body Press would help more vs. some mons like Kingambit, but Taunt is just so useful for so many situations. It prevents Toxapex from using Haze, Ting Lu from using Whirlwind, and let's Corv beat other setup sweepers in a setup war - with Dondozo being a solid example here for that.
I am actually not entirely against Magma Storm, at least to experiment with for the Tran set. Sub Magma Storm was more common in past gens esp. before the nerf. That being said, Leftovers is definitely wanted for more matchups than Air Balloon for a bulky Tran set. Even if it wasn't the sub set where you 100% NEED Leftovers, I still see Lefties as more important for what Heatran wants to do in most matchups. Leftovers helps so much for Heatran's Longevity, and while Hoodra eases the pressure a bit from Tran's role, there are still a number of threats that you will want Tran to come in on. I agree that a more offensive Tran is easier to fit now with Hoodra, but generally speaking Heatran loves to have Leftovers for so many matchups - Flying, Electric, Dark, Poison, etc. Air Balloon makes the mirror 1000x easier, and means Tran can do more vs. Ground, but I think there's a higher skill ceiling to a simple Leftovers Tran than Balloon Tran in the long run.

As a Monotype enjoyer , I think Ice has great buff in the current meta with the release of Articuno . Its great bulk , typing (which neutral to fighting ) and access to Tailwind making Wallbreaker such as Chien-Pao and Baxcalibur very effective. I also think that Beartic is viable . It is slower and has less bulk than Cetitan but its coverage (Close Combat , Stone Edge , Play Rough ..) and superior physical attack stat can’t be overlooked. This is my current Ice team , reaching 1599 elo (i will keep working on this team until the ban hammer of Chien Pao happens ) : https://pokepast.es/a809492fdd84e073
Bonus : Although Specs Froslass lack a bit of power , its Psychic coverage is handy in the Fighting matchup . Ice hates Bug and Steel (if Steel has Scizor , i think so ) . Ice doesn’t have reliable hazard removal (I don’t want to use Avalugg right now lol)
Some great battles :
1) Vs Dark :
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1884001278
2) Vs another Dark :
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1884641395-qvsl85m808z9tglurfnlvrtsy640selpw
3) FIGHTING :
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1883923036-ukb7qnupecj99uvllaaqm4ybne0kelhpw
4) Ground (Blizzard brrrrr) :
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1884464729

Last edited:

TheRealBigC

Back again, this time with a Poison balance I've spent a fair amount of time refining and have been pretty successful with on ladder:

:Slowking-Galar::Amoonguss::Iron Moth::Sneasler::Overqwil::Glimmora:(click for paste)

The core strategy of this team is to keep pivoting between your Regen walls while wearing down the opposing team with hazards and chip so that your sweepers can come in and finish the job. AV Slowking-G is a superb special wall that can spread chip and Poison around with Sludge Bomb, has valuable coverage in Ice Beam for Grounds (it can comfortably tank a Lando-I Earth Power and OHKO back with Ice Beam), can take on Heatran with EQ, and can set up traps for the opponent with Future Sight and Regen pivoting. Swapping Sludge for Flamethrower is an option to beat Corv, but it makes you more passive and worse against neutral targets. Amoonguss is a great all around physical wall with Regen which can Spore to cripple opposing teams and is crucial for the Water and Ground MUs. Iron Moth and Sneasler are our sweepers, with fairly self explanatory sets. Acrobatics is run on Sneasler to prevent it from being walled by Ghosts and to hit targets like Toxapex and bulky Great Tusk, and the EVs allow to outspeed Swift Swim Floatzel after Unburden while maximising Attack and maintaining good neutral Speed. Discharge and Psychic are options on Moth over Sludge Wave depending on how much you hate Toxapex. Overqwil is the sleeper hit of this team, being invaluable against Psychics, a sturdy physical wall with Intimidate and a good defensive typing, and a great support for the team with Toxic Spikes. Glimmora rounds out the team by supporting with Stealth Rock, spin, and Corrosion Toxic to wreck defensive Steels and Poisons.

Credit to Neko for helping me tweak this :)

Last edited:

Arase

Banned deucer.
time to stop with the weenie hut jr teams, its time to post the big guns. thats the results i had with it. like and subscribe for more
1690826066072.png

pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/641b3ccc73ad3eda

description:

lando will look at u in disgust and spit on ur eye, the atks evs are to confirm u will always 1hko gholgendo and the rest is bulk. it flosses on poison and steel

enamorus flosses on dark, fighting and whatnot. its a good cleaner and also got hwish support

corviknight is just our tank, lives 2 ice beam from specs greninja and its our wincon vs fairy

dragonite annihilates flying, if ure not jolly ure a bozo and ure gonna lose to spectrier and 405 speed mons after u dd lol

moltres-galar the biggest bird, it flosses on ghost

zapdos hes the man, it brainlessly destroy the meta by spamming 1 button and thats what the team need rly just 1 mon clicking and killing sometimes. ancient power is there for volcarona mostly but its also ur middle ground vs flying ig

Attachments

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)