Tournament SV Mix and Mega No-Johns Kickoff Tour [Won by dilllllllllllon!]

Tea Guzzler

forever searching for a 10p freddo
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
Mix and Mega No Johns
Round 1

The deadline for this round is Wednesday, November 30, at 11:59 PM GMT

• As always all tournament rules apply
  • There will be NO extensions under any circumstances -- any unplayed games will be subject to either an activity decision or a coinflip.
  • Each series is best of three. Replays are mandatory.
  • Bans are set at the beginning of each round. If something is banned in the middle of a round it will still be legal until the beginning of the next.
  • This tournament will use the rules for Mix and Mega as found here.
  • Matches are playable on the main server.
Matchups:

Pairings
iKiQ  vs  SpaceSpeakers
Magikarp_Is_AG  vs  Seeyabud
Nultiprise  vs  Giga-Chandélure
Axzel  vs  dilllllllllllon
giove97  vs  Quantum Tesseract
Mr.Bossaru  vs  blinkboy
The White Room  vs  lancert
Knight who says "Ni"  vs  Aggrometaile
Dragonillis  vs  SwordIsBored
skeledirge12354  vs  MultiPokemon your opponent has been banned lol
doc1203  vs  damflame 3
Redflix  vs  Clastia
SpeedyBlu  vs  Career Ended
TTTech  vs  Tanny89k
Mandibuladel5555  vs  Nebula6442
Ducky  vs  Bye 2

no subs because we're just shy of 32 :crabrave:

Last edited:
i was able to push the pace in game 1 w 4 of my mons having boost potential compared with only dragonite on the opposing side. luckily corv could get safe uturns up vs most of his team which ultimately allowed me to preserve the espeeders and make better use of my teams offensive potential. game 2 showed a real crack in the meta with gholdengos nearly unresisted stab combo forcing an early sac against his only mon able to disjoint my physically focused boosting options. in hindsight a sack of another mon to then get in dpult against goldo wouldve been the only play to continue the game. its too early to tell but i fear goldo is too versatile and can force sacks too easily to be healthy, between diancite and latiasite your opponent has no idea if its the task of their defensive mons or offensive mons to handle it, and misscalculation is guaranteed to cause fatality. in the mirai metta, mira itself was the best and only switch in to goldo that was able to fit seemlessly on offensive teams, now that its gone goldo has replaced mira as the premiere specially based wallbreaker. latiasite lets goldo be a hard counter to all ground types in the meta as well as most dnite variants, after a nasty plot not even arcanine stands a chance as it always runs max atk and either defense or hp. being resistant to both espeed types goldo invalidates both offensive revenge killing and with its stab also defensive switching. with only a modest amount of defense investment even diancite goldo can live an espeed from both dnite and arcanine and kill them both

here are the replays
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9mixandmega-1724401582-4d683z3pgxwks9qi4givcyj176u0145pw https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9mixandmega-1724409443-plx5gbmzox2ak9zz0dky6oc1vr5e5ytpw

Tea Guzzler

forever searching for a 10p freddo
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
Coinflips
Magikarp_Is_AG  vs  Seeyabud
The White Room vs lancert
Knight who says "Ni"
vs Aggrometaile
doc1203 vs damflame 3
1669854348902.png
Activity Decisions
Dragonillis vs SwordIsBored

Mix and Mega No Johns
Round 2

The deadline for this round is Sunday, December 4, at 11:59 PM GMT

• As always all tournament rules apply
  • There will be NO extensions under any circumstances -- any unplayed games will be subject to either an activity decision or a coinflip.
  • Each series is best of three. Replays are mandatory.
  • Bans are set at the beginning of each round. If something is banned in the middle of a round it will still be legal until the beginning of the next.
  • This tournament will use the rules for Mix and Mega as found here.
  • Matches are playable on the main server.
Matchups:

Pairings

lancert  vs  blinkboy
Nultiprise  vs  Ducky
Quantum Tesseract  vs  doc1203
dilllllllllllon  vs  Nebula6442
Knight who says "Ni"  vs  Clastia
MultiPokemon  vs  TTTech
Seeyabud  vs  Dragonillis
SpaceSpeakers  vs  SpeedyBlu

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)