Resource SV LC Sample Teams

Hacker

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
click on sprites for teams
fun teams + just good teams so drifting can't yell at me for suggesting "bad teams" to him to make samples. Drifting update samples

:vullaby: :doduo: :mienfoo: :mareanie: :mudbray: :voltorb-hisui:
I made this during LCWC playoffs when Snivy was legal, and Flying beats Grass I think. Since then Snivy has been banned, but I still think this team performs pretty well. Adamant Vullaby does a super good amount of damage and can function as a solid pivot to a great amount of the metagame. Alongside that, if you are playing in LC without removal you are just borderline trolling anyways so it also functions as the removal on this team. Doduo is the next logical step I took while making this team because well, you can't do birdspam with only one bird and I noticed that a lot of people would rather use Mudbray as their Vullaby check, which was by far the most common bird and thus they wouldn't be very likely to pack something like a Glimmet or Tinkatink that would otherwise do good into Doduo. I chose Sky Plate on my item on it as it helps put a ton of stuff into range of Brave Bird into Quick Attack while not letting my Doduo die to hazards + recoil + Life orb, it generally does like 3 more damage to mons on average with Sky Plate Brave Bird. I don't think I need to explain why Mienfoo is on this team, but this SpDef spread allows it to live a Life Orb Gastly Psychic and further helps against Hisuian Voltorb which does quite well vs the first 2 mons. Mareanie and Mudbray both make an appearance here for similar reasons, they both check Hisuian Growlithe, and also both of these mons can help you check Vullaby. Pin MIssile Mareanie allows you to blow up Vullaby or at least put it in range of the priority Doduo and Mienfoo bring on this team, while Mudbray is a better initial Vullaby switchin and gives this team stealth rocks. Hisuian Voltorb is here to mostly just be a general annoyance to the opponent, but almost nobody in the tournament at this point in time has really brought or prepped with Hisuian Voltorb in mind. Thunderbolt and Giga Drain do a great amount of damage to the majority of mons. Thunder Wave is on this team initially to punish Snivy, but it also good into stuff like Swords Dance Pawniard and generally theres very little drawback to clicking Thunder Wave with Hisuian Voltorbs impressively good bulk.
:cottonee: :rhyhorn: :vullaby: :gastly: :shellder: :grookey:
im ngl very little thought went into this team but I laddered with it way too much. i started off wanting to use cottonee then realized its terrible without knock off, but then i went. holy smokes sd rock polish rhyhorn it cooks and walls torb. this dishonest as hell vullaby because I was bored , shellder because its just a good staple on ho teams. i wanted gastly on this to spread burns and make it easier to setup with my pokemon. sleep talk because cottonee just gets laughed at by foongus and ull notice otherwise that foongus 6-0s this. i toyed around with a few grook sets on this but i was generally pretty happy with sd grook and found it to actually be super underrated while laddering just as a pokemon itself. glide and stuff is great
:gastly: :houndour: :toedscool: :mienfoo: :voltorb-hisui: :tinkatink:
I wanted to use Will-O-Wisp + Hex + Pain Split gastly as a Mienfoo check. After that I asked a certain cult(that you guys should not worry about :worrywhirl:) what i should build around next and got told it should be a Fire-type. I decided to settle on using Houndour for said Fire-type because it resists Gastly's Shadow Ball and has pretty funny utility in Sucker Punch and Destiny Bond. It also 2HKOs Mienfoo while having Gastly in the back to threaten opposing Mienfoo. After that I needed removal obviously, and I had posted about Toedscool possibly being viable in another server so I wanted to give it a chance here. This spread lives 2 Life Orb Gastly attacks, while also being able to either get a Knoff (lol) or Spore on opposing pokemon, and from the games on ladder I did play with Toedscool I thought it was a pretty cool option on some teams where you either don't want Vullaby to be Defogging, or need a Ground-type that isn't Mudbray. Mienfoo is here because Mienfoo yet again. This Mienfoo is Swords Dance because I thought it would be a fun option here, and I didn't really view the defensuve utility Mienfoo offers here as needed here between Gastly for opposing Mienfoo and Toedscool for the special attackers that would otherwise threaten it. Max Attack allows you to KO Eviolite Gastly after rocks. Hisuian Voltorb is here for an additional strong attacker, but also it gives this team a much needed Pivot that you will notice this team does not otherwise have. This Hisuian Voltorb is Tera Blast Flying to hit both opposing Mienfoo and Foongus. Last mon Tinkatink because this team is exceptionally bad at switching into Vullaby and this team still had yet to have a Stealth Rock user. This slot could theoretically be a Glimmet and it actually would make the Hisuian Growlithe matchup a lot better, but I valued a more consistent Vullaby answer a lot more. The Tera types on this team should probably be played with a little bit to sponge a few of the rough offensive matchups like Hisuian Growlithe.
:mienfoo: :vullaby: :gastly: :growlithe-hisui: :voltorb-hisui: :mudbray:
this 6 shouldnt need an explanation but. foo bc foo, vulla bc vulla. ada to ko foo from full and defog to remove hazards. life orb gastly because it hits super hard, choice scarf hisuian growlithe bc it hits super hard. hisuian voltorb because its good and another pivot. mudbray for rocks and just an additional solid offensive presence alongside vull switchin
see you guys next in... open? can we PLEASE get a tournament schedule

https://pokepast.es/3e67050ba08d8434

peaked 1503 with this team, so thought I'd share the team since sample teams list doesn't have any that feature full HO atm.

Hyper beam is surprisingly free in the meta rn as not a lot of people are running set up, +2 hyper beam nukes everything. team is a bit stunky weak but glim, vull, and zorua can overwhelm it to enable eachother. I usually lead either vullaby because its stab is so strong in meta, or zorua disguised as vullaby, it can usually trade with mienfoo early using hyper beam.

+2 156 SpA Zorua-Hisui Hyper Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Vullaby: 28-34 (121.7 - 147.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Éric

mons is mons
is a Pre-Contributor
i wanna donate, here are all my post snivy teams:
:gastly::vullaby::growlithe-hisui::mareanie::mienfoo::toedscool:
idt ive gotten to use this one in tour yet but its worked wonders in tests. i think toed will spike in popularity sooner or later, as with snivy leaving the tier it is now kinda uncontested when doing its job. same for this mare set, i wanted to try it out as it should (i think) beat foongus. using scarf gastly here since i would lack speed control otherwise, and stuff like scarf dog could easily beat me.
:doduo::gastly::vullaby::mienfoo::foongus::trapinch:
i have been a doduo fan since the day the dlc dropped. however, i built a weird team w it day 1 (it had chou and therefore was bad) and abandoned it p quickly. after seeing it succeed in lcwc, i thought id give it a try w two different sets to test. first one is scarf, pretty self explanatory, combining it with gastlys destroying power to ease late game sweeps. here is a replay of me using it in ssnl vs double weather. i made a big mistake not setting rocks up and that lost me the game, but i had the tools to maneuver.
:doduo::gastly::vullaby::mienfoo::mudbray::snubbull:
this is the cooler version. everyone who sees gastly + doduo on preview will easily assume it is scarf doduo and some life orb/evio gastly, as they both work super well together. they will try to set rocks up asap, as i have no removal and they seem to hit my team for a lot of damage. HOWEVER. i am eridbst, known heavy duty boots believer. therefore, i am using the best doduo set known to man, as it allows you to bait your opponent and live forever. protect lets you scout teras and choiced moves, so maybe the opposing scarf gastly will wanna get funny with shadow ball and you will get a free kill in return, or maybe the lock into sludge wave and allow you to tera and take it out as well. i had to pair it with scarf gastly tho, as otherwise voltorb would kinda just run over the team. here is a replay of me using this vs a life orb voltorb + shellder team in a tournament, which my scarf gastly + quick attack doduo core allowed me to beat.
:voltorb-hisui::stunky::vullaby::mienfoo::gastly::mudbray:
i almost lost to a life orb leaf storm voltorb last week, so i wanted to try it out. it seemed a good idea, as i had always disliked lead tera blast psychic bc it needs to commit t1 and people already know the gimmick, but leaf storm ohkoing is nothing other than consistent. i did not wanna get too passive with an offensive core such as lo orb + stunky, so i went ahead and used bray as my rocker and gastly as my foo check.
:voltorb-hisui::gothita::mareanie::mienfoo::vullaby::pawniard:
ive started to think voltorb is incredible in this metagame atp, for reasons ive already mentioned here, so i wanted to make a team with it combined with gothita, which would trap foongus and mienfoo for orb, while allowing mareanie to set tspikes up very easily. pawn rounds this team out by giving me rocks, a flying resist and a gastly check. and no, i will never stop running boots vull when i see fit. i still think its amazing in the proper team when utilized correctly
:stunky::vullaby::mienfoo::snubbull::growlithe-hisui::voltorb-hisui:
i noticed i had a lack of life orb stunky teams, which was a mon i thought highly of, for its ability to break defensive cores while working well vs offensive ones, given its speed, priority and typing. i decided to pair it with vullaby to create some sort of dark spam core, subbull and growlithe as my not passive defensive pivots and voltorb to round out the team and give me a fast answer to mudbray and diglett.
:trapinch::mareanie::mienfoo::voltorb::gastly::stunky:
idr who it was that made me notice that my goth tspikes idea, while not actually bad against it, would not be as effective if the poison is stunky, as gothita fails to trap it. with that in mind, i gave the concept a second try, this time with trapinch as my trapper. it should be still able to trap mareanie, glimmet and now stunky, while also beating foongus bc of my speed evs. this versions, while it should lose to foongus in theory, has actually got a lot of lures for it. also, hex gastly does pair incredibly well with tspikes and trapinch, as pinch traps its checks and allows tspikes to be set, while gastly burns tspike immunes and also greatly benefits from the tspikes with hex. here is a replay of me using it in ssnl, where i think i showcase why the idea functions well.
:mienfoo::koffing::shellder::voltorb-hisui::mudbray::vullaby:
i think koffing is a very underrated mon in this metagame. however, i used to kinda just see it as a defensive mon with thief and wisp/tspikes to annoy opp teams. however, one day i was in the bus listening to gfriend while it hit me: just like in ss lc, koffing can use its good old offensive set still to allow you to beat mareanie and foongus. so i thought, which mon would benefit the most from having the two fat blobs dead? enter: shellder. actually, koffing and shellder make for an incredible pair, as not only does koff deal w the three regen mons that annoy shellder to death, it also lures growlithe and mudbray in, allowing for easy set up/surprise koes. for my last mon, i decided to pair it with id vull, as i wanted a mon that beats both gastly and stunky while not having to burn tera.
:diglett-alola::glimmet::foongus::mienfoo::vullaby::gastly:
in my experience, diglett benefits heavily from spikes, much more than from rocks. thus, i decided to pair it with the best (and only) lc spiker, glimmet. however, i do think glimmet is kinda very bad at setting both rocks and spikes up, so i thought id give rocks to the diglett anyway, since its 4th move is kinda whatever, and it gets a lot of opportunities to set them up a la greninja. i paired them w foongus, foo and vull for insurance vs bray, voltorb and gastly, and as my last i decided id use wisp gastly, since it would be v good to help diglett vs vull if im unable to set my rocks up, and having another bray/foo punish would be greatly appreciated
like this post

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)