Resource SV Doubles OU Viability Rankings

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
:Deoxys-Attack: and :Indeedee-F: to Tier 2. Putting these both together, since Deo-A only operates at Tier 2 level with Indeedee-F, and I feel that their combined weight are worthy of Tier 2. Possibly Deo-A to Tier 1. Also the fact that we're actually suspecting Deo-A for being too strong and that's entirely due to it when paired with Indeedee-F makes me wonder why they're only Tier 3 in the first place.

Deo-A under Psychic Terrain is capable of OHKOing much of the metagame with Psycho Boost. With either Tera or Helping Hand, most of the metagame can be OHKOed with Expanding Force, and with both, everything in the metagame that doesn't resist Psychic and doesn't hold Assault Vest (with those holding Assault Vest falling to Psycho Boost):
252 SpA Tera Psychic Deoxys-Attack Helping Hand Expanding Force (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Raging Bolt in Psychic Terrain: 536-632 (118 - 139.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Tera Psychic Deoxys-Attack Helping Hand Expanding Force (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0+ SpD Diancie in Psychic Terrain: 312-368 (102.6 - 121%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Compounding matters is Deo-A's very high Speed, Focus Sash to take two hits, Indeedee-F being able to Follow Me hits away, and the sheer pressure that Deo-A exerts makes it hard to actually set up hazards against the team in the first place since most of its users fold to Deo-A.

The main reason I think they're Tier 2 and that Deo-A isn't ban worthy is the metagame naturally has checks to Deo-A alongside Indeedee-F that would still be here even if Deo-A gets banned. Incineroar is the biggest check, being able to survive two non-Helping Hand Superpowers without Sitrus thanks to Intimidate Rillaboom can remove Psychic Terrain and tank a non-Helping Hand Psycho Boost. Assault Vest Archaludon may not even be 3HKOed by Tera Psychic Terrain and can tank a Superpower. Tornadus sets up priority Tailwind to shift the momentum against Deo-A and sometimes packs Tera Dark (for priority Taunt immunity). Kingambit forces Superpower which at least limits Deo-A's options. That's 4 out of the 6 Tier 2 Pokemon. In Tier 3, Scarf Chi-Yu outspeeds and Snarls to bypass Follow Me, Chien-Pao can tank one hit with its own Focus Sash and Ice Spinner away Psychic Terrain, Gholdengo can tank a hit unless it's Helping Hand Tera Psycho Boost and also bypass Follow Me, Porygon-2 requires Helping Hand Tera Psycho Boost. Whimiscott has priority Tailwind. Of note lower done, bulky Psychic types (Mew, Cress, Farigaraf) can take any hit set up TR against it or, in the case of Mew, whatever it wants, Tyranitar mandates Superpower and breaks Sash, and Metagross can comfortably switch into anything.

Note that although a lot of these can be overwhelmed with Helping Hand boosts, and Deo-A can Superpower, both have their downsides with them focusing on one Pokemon, which can lead to trades in typical Deo-A fashion. Superpower only having the power to reliably check these Pokemon the first time without an Attack Drop means a wrong Superpower prediction leads Deo-A unable to handle its check, or means it can't handle more than one check. Many teams naturally have at least two checks. I lost count of how many teams I saw on ladder with at least 2 Dark-types, and they can also Tera out of Superpower, with Superpower sometimes being predictable if both opponents resist Psychic. Having to nuke something with Psycho Boost can also remove the offensive pressure that Deo-A exerts. Indeedee, although it can help with Follow Me and Helping Hand, generally doesn't offer enough offense pressure by itself with its attacking moves to deal with most of the checks other than Chien-Pao.

Due to the large number of viable checks available, I don't think it's excessive team building pressure to account for Deo-A Pokemon, in particular with Flutter Mane banned, where the team building for accounting for the two together was excessive. At the same time, since Deo-A requires multiple checks, users can also try to wear down the checks over the battle (or force them to Tera out of their Psychic-type resistance) so that Deo-A can sweep later, especially if hazards are unlikely to be used based on Team Preview.

Edit: with the Deo-A ban, I don’t think Indeedee should move up to 2 unless other Psyspam sweepers such as Deoxys-N and Iron Crown adequately fulfil most of the role that Deo-A held as a Psyspam sweeper.

Last edited:
:Farigiraf: 4 —> 3

Surprisingly useful mon on multiple archetypes. Really helps HO with Imprison + Trick Room shenanigans, and isn’t dead weight on those styles of teams either - hits surprisingly hard. Priority block is also huge and does it better than Indeedee, and it can still work as a Trick Room setter/attacker with throat spray.

Immediate Post-Deo noms

:Landorus: 3 —> 1

Flutter Mane and Deoxys-Attack are gone, which were two of the biggest things holding this mon back. Now it threatens everything in the tier that isn’t Chien Pao or Waterpon 1 on 1, and with best buddy Chi Yu by its side nothing is safe from it.

:Amoonguss: 3 —> 2

With Deo-A gone it can go back to doing its normal Amoonguss thing without fear of being OHKO’D by terrian boosted Eforces, unless pf course Deo-A gets replaced by

:Iron Crown: 4 —> 3

The presumptive successor to Deo-A on Psyspam teams, at least for the non TR ones. Good typing and Taychon Cutter being good plus booster energy shenanigans mean this mon is weaker than Deo-A by quite a bit, but still can likely keep Psyspam relevant on its own.

:Deoxys: UR —> 5

Same reason as Crown being bumped. Deo-A is gone and so regular Deoxys taking its place (With 30 less base Attack and Special Attack) on certain teams doesn’t seem that unreasonable. Definitely think it’s worse than Crown in most situations though.

:Palafin: 5 —> 3/4

Psyspam taking a hit helps this guy a lot in spamming Jet Punch, and not being OHKO’d be Deo-A helps too. Bulk Up set just got a lot better.

:Gouging Fire: 5 —> 4

Also appreciates not being clocked by Psychic Terrain Eforce. Good mon before Deo-A got the axe and made better with its removal.

I already nommed :Iron Hands: to 2 post-Flutter Mane ban but now I believe in that nom even more since another one of it’s big counters is gone. Lando-I and Incineroar bans when???

eragon

(un)retired unmon enthusiast
is a Tiering Contributor
Today we Look at the Pokemon Below the VR
shoutouts Schister Rayenith KeanuVGC
and also Arcticblast for inspiring one of the tiers
(ignore the VR council slander in the first few seconds so I don't get cancelled pls)
https://tiermaker.com/create/sv-dou-shitmons-897405

1710487241906.png
Accompanying this we have a few VR noms from the higher tiers from the video:
:enamorus: --> tier 5 (43:28 in video)
This mon is genuinely quite solid as a fast fairy type and a bit of a flutter replacement, you can run it the same way with the tera fairy specs moonblast and it will do damage. Obviously suffers from not as a great a typing and less speed (although still enough to do a lot) but wins games.
the goat (Enamorus) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Contrary
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 88 HP / 80 Def / 120 SpA / 220 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Springtide Storm
- Sludge Bomb
Can also be the superpower av set:
Enamorus @ Assault Vest
Ability: Contrary
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Atk / 96 Def / 132 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Superpower
- Play Rough
- Zen Headbutt
- Iron Head
Which is less solid but also will win games. Don't have replays for this because haven't been playing in tours recently but this mon is genuinely on a solid 10-15% of my teams at the moment. Pay attention to this mon even if it doesn't rise, this is real imo.

:Heatran: 4-->5 (1:02:44 in video)
This mon is not that guy. Struggles into the Lando-I metagame, volcanion fits on more teams, just genuinely struggles with the competition from other fires and no longer trades as well overall.

:Iron Boulder: --> 5 (1:13:57 in video)
Solid mon, works well as a breaker. This has seen a little use in tours I believe, I think this was snubbed last time

Also brief mentions for:
:Scream Tail: --> 5 (1:57:11)
:Volcarona: -->5 (2:26:40)

Hope you enjoy!

bagel

formerly bage1
is a Tiering Contributoris the defending DOU Circuit Champion
A couple noms that I care most about currently

:Incineroar: Incineroar -> Tier 1
No Flutter is really good for Incin, its back to doing normal Incineroar stuff and providing value everywhere. Its extremely good into a lot of the Chien-Pao teams that have gotten more common, and its a good soft check of common threats such as Gholdengo and Chi-Yu as well.

:gholdengo: Gholdengo -> Tier 2
Gholdengo balance has been one of the most popular and consistent styles lately. Ghold is a super resiliant mon and with less Flutter/Sun HO stuff around to steamroll before it can get setup, there is a lot more time and space for Gholdengo to play the slow game. There are only a couple mons that outright threaten Gholdengo 1v1 which lets teams easily build around those matchups + makes Ghold a great tera abuser.

:landorus: Lando-I -> Tier 2
Like SuckyLucky said this mon beats a vast majority of the metagame 1v1 *in a vaccum. This is not a Tier 1 mon but I think tier 2 is right now that Flutter and Deo-A are gone. This is probably the best Mon at punishing Incineroar, and in general it feasts on slower comps. I think its pretty flexible and can work on anything from a slow bulky team to Torn HO, but its low bulk and mediocre speed definitely necessitates certain partners or support.

:ursaluna: Ursaluna -> Tier 4
:Ursaluna-bloodmoon: Ursaluna-Bloodmoon -> Tier 3
Swapping the bears. I think regular Ursaluna simply isn't worth all of the support that it requires-- it's slowed down by intimidate, wants Trick Room (bad), and can't reasonably use spread attacks to make the most of the limited Trick Room. Ground + Normal is a good stab combo but Facade + Headlong can get outplayed. On the otherhand Bloodmoon Ursaluna is epic and unwallable because of its dumb ability. Bloodmoon is one of my favorite Hyperoffense threats because of how it can make use of both Tailwind and Trick Room. Life Orb Hyper Voices are extremely free to click along with the threat of Earth Power, and it still has good physical bulk that gives it enough longevity.

:Farigiraf: Farigiraf -> Tier 3
Armor Tail on a Trick Room setter is such a good combination, it allows for so much control over the pace of the game. I don't think its role has really changed from before, mostly being used on Tailwind offense to provide alternative speed control for the mirror and counterplay for Trick Room matchups. I do think the style appreciates priority-blocking more now, and I personally think I was undervaluing Farig previously.

:Landorus: Landorus 3 -> 1
The single biggest threat in builder and the best general check in the entire tier. Single-handedly manages to hold back Archaludon, Gouging fire, Raging bolt, Kingambit, Chi-yu, Gholdengo and Iron Hands from freely dominating the tier as powerhouse offensive threats thanks to its raw power, typing and excellent speed tier in a way no other single mon in the tier can even hope to. Archaludon in particular is such a massive threat in the builder that landorus instantly becomes appealing to almost every team I have personally attempted to build, onlyfalling to the wayside on some paoffense cores and on trick room/semiroom teams which are better suited to running one of the big bad bears as their ground breaker. It's so omnipotent that 332 speed is perhaps the most common speed benchmark in the tier for any pokemon over base 101, notably ogerpon and many tornadus sets. Tera poison sludge bomb enables it to have near-perfect coverage in 2 slots with earth power in this tier, barring fringe levitate users and flying types, allowing Landorus to freely run protect and its choice between the criminally strong spread move Sandsear Storm, substitute, or even more fringe picks such as psychic, taunt, u-turn, or stealth rocks. There's even been a small rise in scarfed lando-i usage recently as it becomes increasingly valuable to subvert pokemon that attempt to creep its speed and check it: chief among them ogerpon-wellspring.

Landorus' presence in builder is second perhaps only to Archaludon and Wellspring in my eyes, the latter of which is undobutedly helped by its phenomenal matchup into landorus in that regard, and the former being such a stupidly powerful threat in the tier that it warrants suspecting in my eyes. There's really no reason not to run a landorus on your team unless you have a crippling weakness to ogerpon-wellspring or perhaps snow, an archetype that has risen to prominence with good success recently by preying upon the innumerable teams using landorus and many of the dragons around., and even then a little tera and good positioning will still allow you to get great value out of your landorus given the sheer amount of targets it has in the tier and it's raw power even into neutral hits. It's presence is so great that it is perhaps the greatest factor in the falls of former staples of the tier: Iron hands, Volcanion, and especially Heatran to having much more fringe use cases than these former tier 1/2 pokemon previously enjoyed, no small feat to say the least.

Landorus is the premier special attacker in the tier right now and in my opinion the single most impactful mon in the metagame right now, gluing innumerable teams together while being a massive threat in its own right that is almost always worth including on your squad of six.

Last edited:

Actuarily

is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
We're looking to update the VR after DPL ends, so consider this a last call for nominations! We'll probably start the voting slate around Tuesday or so to give everyone time to write up their nominations after DPL finals (who am I kidding we all know there's gonna be a tie, and in that case we may start the slate next Tuesday).

bagel

formerly bage1
is a Tiering Contributoris the defending DOU Circuit Champion
More noms!

:chien-pao: Chien-Pao -> Tier 2
Naturally faster than just about everything, really great both on offense and as a check to offense. I think Pao is really flexible and I commonly find myself just putting it in flex spots on teams just because of how much pressure it can put on. It's not restricted to prio-spam physical offense teams but of course it helps those out a lot. Of course Pao really hates Incineroar but without Incin a lot of teams can struggle to deal with Pao, and even then Incin isn't infallible.

:ogerpon-hearthflame: Ogerpon Hearthflame -> Tier 3
Tera Fire Ivy Cudgle has the funniest calcs in the game. Pretty much unrivaled in the amount of damage it can do in a single turn without any setup required. I think Firepon has been kinda underused even if it means you can't use Waterpon. It's really flexible between being a setup threat with Swords Dance or offering utility with Follow Me. IMO the only mandatory attack is Ivy Cudgle and it can choose between big Grass STAB like Wood Hammer, Grassy Glide, and coverage like Stomping Tantrum.

:gouging-fire: Gouging Fire -> Tier 3
I think Howl compositions are really consistent and at least a tier 3 comp that wouldn't exist without this mon. Great typing and bulk gives it a ton of longevity and Howl + Breaking Swipe lets it support partners extremely well. Heat Crash (or Flare Blitz ig) does crazy damage on its own especially after a Howl boost which lets the mon be pretty self sufficient. I think Clear Amulet Dragon Dance sets are also viable but more niche and I think not as good but they can Just Win some games.

I've just upnommed 3 mons that don't like Incineroar after nomming Incineroar to tier 1 which I guess is more of a testament to Incineroar more than anything else, but I think these all have the ability to pretty much just damage through Incineroar a lot of the time especially in tandem with a lot of their common partners/support such as Stealth Rock or pressure from Lando-I.

:iron-hands: Iron Hands -> Tier 2
Not much to say here seconding this nom as 2 of the things it was most scared of are now gone it probably goes back to its rightful place in tier 2 as one of the best damage traders in the tier. I personally prefer this on more offensive structures as Hands is less efective slowplaying because Incin still kinda stomps all over AV Hands' mojo but not enough to keep it in tier 3. I have seen a resurgence of Belly Drum Hands on ladder which which is pretty scary news, so take this as your warning to be ready for Belly Drum + Trick Room turn 1...

:raging-bolt: Raging Bolt -> Tier 2
Honestly a bigger reason for me being less sure about the Hands nom. Bolt has extremely goofy stats that let it actually compete with Hands as an Electric type. Assult Vest sets can be extremely annoying for offense to deal with with its bulk, damage, and utility. Seriously this thing has like 15 good moves I bet 2 people can each bring AV Raging Bolt to a game and only share 1 move. Calm Mind has been picking up and can run away with games on its own as well. Definitely needs to be built around and can be awkwards at times due to relying on Thunderclap but it can absolutely solo a lot of teams if it gets some free boosts.

These remaining noms are just some lower tier housekeeping

:latios: Latios -> Tier 4

Levitating Dragon + Tera is quite strong, and this is one of the only special attackers that outspeeds and threatens Landorus-I now that Flutter is gone. It still has 130 base Special Attack and Luster Purge is an extremely spammable move. Can both click Tailwind and fit on teams with other speed control options. Obviously not amazing as it hates Kingambit and is threatened by Chien-Pao but definitely has a place.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen9doublesou-747738
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen9doublesou-753731

here are two DPL replays where Latios has a pretty strong showing. The first game Latios puts on a lot of pressure on lead and removing the Lando-I which was a huge threat, and later cleans up at the end of the game. In the second game it trades itself for damage into Tyranitar but I think it was worth it as Tyranitar was one of the main ways that team dealt with Chi-Yu.

:walking-wake: Walking Wake -> Tier 4

No Flutter is great for Walking Wake, and lets it kind of slide into the Flutter Mane slot on sun offense compositions. Chi-Yu really appreciates it as a partner that can easily threaten Incineroar and Lando-I. I've seen all of Speed Boost, SpA Boost, Assult Vest, Specs, and Life Orb have success.

:iron-jugulis: Iron Jugulis -> Tier 5

Niche but I think it has a place as an alternative supporting speed control Pokemon. Bulky Snarl + Taunt sets can help control the pace of the game really well. Its Dark typing lets it avoid Prankster Taunt that would otherwise stop it from setting up Tailwind.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen9doublesou-752011?p2

Here it doesn't stay on the board for much of the game but it's disruption gives some free turns for Gouging Fire to set up and eventually run away with the game.

:Garganacl: -> Garganacl -> UR
I haven't seen this guy in forever, there are tons more cringe IDBP pokemon that people prefer like Registeel and Kommo-o.

:Manaphy: Manaphy -> UR
Haven't seen this in forever either and it seems really bad and outclassed + outpaced by just about everything.

Last edited:
I suppose I shall do more nomming

:Torkoal: 4 —> 3

Similar to Pelipper in the sense that it’s a weather setter, but it can actually just win games on its own instead of setting up/supporting teammates if Trick Room ever goes up. Needs more support to really dish out damage but can also be super annoying with yawn and forcing switches.

:Chien-Pao: 3 —> 2 & :Dragonite: 4 —> 3

Since the last VR slate (pre-Flutter ban) a lot has changed for Pao stuff to get better, mainly Flutter leaving the tier but also the decrease in psyspam usage meaning priority isn’t going to be blocked as often. Incin being incin means Pao likely won’t ever get back to the level it was pre-home, but I think the archetype is a lot better than it was a few weeks ago. Also DNite might be a bit better now thanks to inner focus and Tera Normal ESpeed shenanigans dropping most of the tier when Sword of Ruin is there to help.

:scream_tail: -> 4
i dont think t5 is accurate at representing this mon, it was accurately put that nothing besides gholdengo can really deny it any utility, and encore disable with incredible speed is almost always going to be useful when its on the field, while also providing acceptable chip damage with dazzling gleam.

:sinistcha: -> 3
this pokemon has exceeded my expectations in the post flutter format, its made several setup pokemon such as archaludon, moltres-g, and cm raging bolt into incredibly threatening and largely unkillable monsters through hospitalily, rage powder, and life dew. also capable of cleaning up teams that no longer have the means to take it down quickly just by spamming matcha gotcha. easily better than t4 right now

:gallade: -> 5
good trick room mon, surprisingly bulky and has great damage with the new sharpness ability working with several of its stab moves, better than most things currently in t5 imo

:ninetales-alola::kyurem: -> 3
snow has proven itself to be extremely viable, and i believe both of these pokemon are also capable of functioning outside of blizzard spam by themselves which should put them in a higher position than t4

:pelipper: -> 3
enables archaludon a tiny bit better than tornadus simply by setting rain instantly, also has wide guard which i think is invaluable in the current format

also going to vocalize my agreement with several posts with a quick hl of noms that already were mentioned
:landorus: -> 1
:raging_bolt: -> 2
:gholdengo: -> 2
:ogerpon-hearthflame: -> 3
:iron_jugulis: -> 5

:moltres-galar: UR(???) -> 3/4

Galar Molt is one of the strongest setup options in the tier and has been used repeatedly throughout OSDT on multiple teams featuring Incineroar and Sinistcha as enablers. Incredible bulk, Nasty Plot + Berserk, and a great spread move give it the durability and offensive capability to solo some games with as little support as parting shot and redirection. Flying typing + high spdef makes it actually one of the best Pokemon to have in front of Landorus-I. While there are a few Pokemon that Moltres will struggle to break past, namely Tyranitar and AV Iron Hands, it is hard to find a state where Moltres is completely walled out.

:arcanine-hisui: T5 -> T3

Consistently one of the best breakers in the tier, often out-competing incineroar for its brilliant offensive merits as an intimidator on many teams. Finds a great home on gholdengo tailwind offense and pao structures and consistently performing in OSDT with a healthy ~10% userate in every round. Rock-fire coverage is phenomenal into big scary snow teams and opposing offensive structures alike, notably being one of a few direct torn switchins that can also subsequently threaten that slot. This mon will definitely punish you if you don't respect it in builder and tier 5 doesn't reflect its current status at all.

:entei: T3 -> T4
:gouging fire: T5 -> T3
Echoing bagel's nom for gouging to tier 3, an incredible win condition/support mon that can opt into howl or dragon dance sets, or even choiced on sun teams if you prefer to just spam heat crash. Heat crash is a ridiculous move that finally has a viable user and as such gouging fire has one of the most spammable no-drawback moves in the entire tier on top of being stupidly bulky (seriously who gave this thing 105/121 phys?). Burning bulwark causes this pokemon to have mind games on the same level as glimmora, as you never know when you might catch a stray burn if you target this slot, giving gouging a truly oppressive advantage in gameplay that really has to be felt to be understood. With all of these traits gouging fire has largely supplanted entei on many pao teams, though entei still has many merits of its own in sacred fire extreme speed and inner focus. (P.S. Game Freak removing howl from entei but gouging fire keeping it was sooooo disrespectful)

:Whimsicott: T3 -> T4
Outspeeding torn doesn't matter much if you get bleakwinded in the face trying to taunt it. Overlaps types with soooo many grass types as well causing it to throw the type balance of many teams that may attempt to use it off. Definitely not a bad mon and always pulls out some stops in its games on a good team but it's a bit harder to find those teams than I'd say it should be for a tier 3 mon

:metagross: T4 -> T5
Good stats and ability, but isn't offering anything too desirable over any other steels in the tier. Banded explosion is fun though.

:zapdos-galar: T4 -> T5
Still good on psyspam to deal with annoyances like rilla and incin, but way less splashable with one of its main targets in flutter long gone and the rise of bolt.

:heatran: T4 ->T5
I think the only teams I've seen this mon on are very rare snow balance teams that appreciate flash fire and can scare away landorus. Flash fire still allows this guy to obtain incredible tera value, but its kit just doesn't justify doing so over an actual wincon or even other team stabilizers like ogerpon.

------------------------------------------------------------------------- UR NOMS -------------------------------------------------------------------------

:Keldeo: -> T5
Good specs user as a rare water type that outspeeds lando-i with a uniquely good defensive typing. 91/90/90 bulk Allows it to live some strong supereffective hits such as most Bleakwind storm and grassy glide and flip turn allows it to build momentum but the real merit of this mon is Specs muddy water coming off of a 129 special stat that outspeeds a heavy portion of the tier. Keldeo's typing is also critical to the reason I believe it has a niche, as it fully typewalls the stabs of Chien pao and Harcanine, forcing these mons to lock into undesirable non-stab moves or forcing arcanine to tera normal espeed to deal with it which barely even has a chance to KO as shown in the calc below:

252+ Atk Choice Band Tera Normal Sword of Ruin Arcanine-Hisui Extreme Speed vs. 52 HP / 0 Def Keldeo: 288-339 (85.7 - 100.8%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

This specific merit allows keldeo to anchor some teams against two of the most potent and difficult to manage breakers in the tier, while threatening some of the best mons in lando and incineroar making it a unique but valuable pokemonfor managing specific challenges often presented to teams in the current metagame

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 52 HP / 252 SpA / 204 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Muddy Water
- Flip Turn

https://pokepast.es/126e21209eda85d0
I intended to team dump this team later anyways but I feel comfortable sharing it now in the name of nomming Keldeo to tier 5. it has been a real joy to pilot in OSDT and in practice, I never feel like I'm on the back foot with it and am confident enough in its strength to share it even if that means I might get counter-prepped harder if I decide to run it again.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen9doublesou-756653
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen9doublesou-754605

:deoxys: -> T5
Deoxys not being on the list is more of a product of dating than anything else. That said it is definitely not deoxys attack and demands a lot of support to be able to win games, though it is still quite capable of doing so. Especially good at matchup fishing for games against teams lacking a rilla to ruin its life.

:Kleavor: -> T5
With flutter and deoxys gone the relevant speed tiers in the format have been considerably lowered, meaning scarfed kleavor sets can finally be free to run adamantand do more damage. Also greatly benefited from hands falling from grace and rocks in general are strong right now with so many teams running pao and harcanine as breakers, and other supports such as torn and incin hating them

Last edited:
:Rillaboom: T2->T1
Rillaboom is single-handedly holding the tier together. If it wasn't here, DOU would be overrun by PsySpam. It is the ultimate glue Pokémon. It can run Grassy Seed with Fake Out/U-Turn/Grassy/Wood Hammer, or it can be a more bulky variant with AV, opting for coverage over U-Turn or Wood Hammer.
:Tornadus: T2->T1
Another Glue. I think this Pokémon is the best in the tier. It can do whatever you want. Want to run a Rain Team? Bleakwind/Rain Dance/TW/Filler. Sun? Sunny Day/TW/Bleakwind or heat wave/Filler. Hell, It can probably be used on Hard Trick Room Teams because it has Prankster. It doesn't even have to run a primary setter because it's so reliable. No Tornadus I've seen runs any speed anymore.
:Landorus: T3->T1
102 Speed Special Ground. It can outspeed some Pokémon in TW. Counters than HALF of the Pokémon in this tier. I don't think much needs to be said about this beast. It can run 3 attacks sub, 2 attacks Sub/Tect, you don't know what's coming.
:Raging Bolt: T3->T2
125/91/89 bulk for an Electric Dragon is fucking INSANE in a meta where Rillaboom, Ogerpon, Incineroar, and Tornadus are all running rampant. It doesn't have much coverage but it doesn't need coverage. It's just that strong with its 137 SpAtk.
:Archaludon: T2->T1
Snowballs easier than any other mon in the tier. You lose to this instantly unless you bring Glimmora or Landorus. If you don't, better hope you brought tera blast ground Vikavolt.
:Vikavolt: UR->T4
Underspeeds Ting-Lu in Trick Room, OHKOs ursaluna (After 2 turns of Flame Orb Damage 252+ SpA Choice Specs Vikavolt Energy Ball vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Ursaluna: 418-494 (90 - 106.4%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO), and is a great counter to Landorus and Rillaboom outside of Trick Room. It's not T1 though. I may be a vikavolt believer but I am not that insane.

Put Vikavolt on the VR i beg

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)