Project SV DOU Teambuilding Competition v3: Week 1 (Ogerpon-Wellspring)

Noelle

Trying my best
is a Community Contributor
Congratulations to Ratpacker for winning last week!

This week's Pokémon is Garganacl

:xy/garganacl:

Fun fact: Garganacl's name ends with NaCl (Sodium + Chlorine), which is salt. As for the actual Pokémon, this is basically Registeel from last generation but better in every way. It's an Iron Defense Body Press sweeper, but it also gets access to recover, can't be statused due to it's ability Purifying Salt, and has it's signature move Salt Cure, which is pretty much a better, spammable version of Curse. This Pokémon can be very difficult to deal with without proper answers and is an amazing user of Terastallization.

Building ends on December 12th and Voting ends on the 14th

Actuarily

is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Garganacl Hazards Balance:

:Ting-Lu: :Arcanine: :Amoonguss: :Rotom-Mow: :Garganacl: :Palafin:

https://pokepast.es/b36292f6b430bcaa
The main issue with running Garganacl right now is the amount of haze running around. So the idea here is to set up hazards early and try to get damage/put their haze user to sleep, and then set up Garganacl. The core of Ting-Lu/Amoonguss/Arcanine/Palafin is an excellent one that is able to be very disruptive vs common offensive cores, but it struggles vs CB E speed Dragonite, so that’s where Gargancl comes in. Ting-Lu also has the benefit of lower special attacks to help Garganacl in that regard. Rotom-Mow is used here for its great synergy with Gargancl, able to burn and damage steels while being a ground immunity. Tricking choice scarf is really disruptive vs balance teams, and Rotom-Mow’s pivotability is great for getting in Palafin.

bagel

formerly bage1
is a Community Leaderis a Tiering Contributoris the defending DOU Circuit Champion
Community Leader
Garganacl Bulky Offense

https://pokepast.es/d81bff362cd31b20

The goal of the team is to pivot around with the defensive core of Rotom/Amoongus/Arcanine, while spreading damage with the offensive mons, setting up for an endgame with any Gholdengo/Dragonite/Garganacl. The team works especially well into other bulky teams, but has to be careful into sun HO, although I've found it manageable.

Very strong and fast attacker that pairs well with Garganacl and is great at spreading damage. Trick also does a great job a crippling all the slower setup sweepers or defensive mons running around the meta. Also deals with opposing Garganacl's well. Tera Steel is the only way to garuntee an ohko on uninvested Flutter Main, and the extra damage in general has outweighed the utility of a more defensive tera so far.

Classic CB Dragonite Extreme Speed bot. Speed is to outrun uninvested Dondozo with the Commander boost, and generally speed creep other Dragonites, so they can be adjusted if you don't think its necessary.

Garganacl's main job is to sit on the board, eat hits, and spread damage with salt cure. Spdef to take Fire hits for Gholdengo better. Tera ghost for the mirror, although a tera to better deal with Flutter/Chi-Yu pairs might be useful as well.

Rotom-Wash is a very solid defensive pivot, with enough bulk to live hits and spread burns. The ev spread outspeeds Brute Bonnet, lives 2 untera'd Dragonite Espeeds, with the rest dumped into special bulk.

Covert Cloak Amoonguss is great, ignores flinch to more reliably Spore things, and ignores Salt Cure damage so opposing Garganacl can't touch it.

AV Arcanine was chosen to generally sponge special hits better, and deal more damage to opposing Amoongus, which can be problamatic at times. Rotom fills the role of spreading burns so Arcanine doesn't feel the need to and can focus more on doing immediate damage. Tera Grass is a nice option to catch people off-guard and deal more damage to bulky grounds, as Rotom doesn't always cover it.

Last edited:
Support Garganacl Team

A rather straightforward team that deviates from Garganacl's usual setup role.

:garganacl::flutter-mane::volcarona::scizor::glimmora::gyarados:

https://pokepast.es/188dee6be1659748
:garganacl: Stealth Rock and Salt Cure provide damage over time, Wide Guard helps the team survive the dreaded Chi-yu + Flutter combos. Tera Ghost to complement its ability and make Garganacl stronger defensively.
:scizor: Threatening setup sweeper which also functions as a pivot. Tera Rock to avoid KOs from Fire types.
:glimmora: Sets up hazards and poisons foes. Keeping opposing hazards off the field in a strong fashion.
:volcarona: Speed control and redirection all in one with boots as Stealth Rock are very common.
:flutter-mane: Life orb, stab and no bulk investment for maximum damage.
:gyarados: Taunt for Amoonguss and becomes a huge threat after one Dragon Dance. Tera Ground strenghtens Earthquake.

Teals

Banned deucer.
Rock Thing With Sand Shit

:Garganacl: :Amoonguss: :Palafin: :Tyranitar: :Salamence: :Ting-Lu:
https://pokepast.es/56d42cf6ce72c9ae

Thought that sand buffing the spdef of the rock thing would be cool. shroom is good partner because you get redirection and can heal rock guy so he isn't wasting time healing himself. palafin is cool pokemon. i really like mence in this tier. intimidate, decent dd user and tera steel makes it better than it normally would be. last mon is the bull thing because gives team extra bulk.

Noelle

Trying my best
1671543094688.png

It would appear there was a tie. Using the !pick command on showdown, our winner is Actuarily! Congratulations!

:xy/iron bundle:

This week’s Pokémon is Iron Bundle! Who would’ve guessed a Pokémon based on Delibird would be so incredible? Iron Bundle is the second fastest unboosted Pokémon in the game, only second to Dragapult. Additionally, Hydro Pump and Freeze Dry is perfect coverage. It also gets access to Icy Wind, which actually does pretty respectable damage and allows it to provide speed control. Lastly, with Christmas quickly approaching, It felt fitting to do the Santa bird Pokémon

Because this week will go through Christmas, I’m extending the building phase to 2 weeks instead of just one. The building phase will end on December 30th

Covert Cloak Amoonguss And Iron Fangame
:Annihilape: :Tyranitar: :Amoonguss: :Iron Bundle: :Grimmsnarl: :Arcanine:
https://pokepast.es/8a74df35f6b12dd9
( I don't know how to add a blue button , sorry)

Description:

:Annihilape: Bulk up monkey is common to see now , I bought a safety goggles to counter the opposite Amoonguss. With fire-type and bulk up , the monkey is very powerful if there is not any Chi-Yu.
:Tyranitar: Tyranitar is used to prevent the oppositng using their weather to attack you, such as Sun+Chlorophyll
:Amoonguss: Covert Cloak is fantastic!
:Iron Bundle: Speed Conrtol(Though it is so fragile that cannot be attacked for many time).
:Grimmsnarl:There is nothing to say
:Arcanine: Little Incineroar :worrywhirl:

Last edited:

xqiht

人间正道是沧桑
is a Tiering Contributor
iron bundle+cb dragonite
7089B2CF-C6C4-48E6-AB48-3EC915C7D65E.png
56B70145-F879-4958-9CB6-2759B1AB6CDC.png
BF081B88-C42E-4125-B5B7-E78C5847E0C8.png
D6E2D56E-36FA-492A-A01C-56D7E02C3A1E.png
8AE76516-109C-4EC3-BBDF-CEB06EBA5E76.png
B5B8EE2B-1B6E-4431-B16D-ADC7E9DE3132.png

https://pokepast.es/85e30030d6a2f1c4

description:

0369BF44-8E80-414D-88F8-B323C20ADD67.png
is a great control speed role,it is the second fastest unboosted pokemon in the game,only second to dragapult。But it is so fragile that cannot be attacked for many time。Iron Bundle+Chi-yu is a great combo

687101D5-774F-4C13-9B40-9003370F137D.png
extreme speed can change war situation

E3E73F41-FE15-4D1D-90E8-6F54E8707DE3.png
tool drivers in sunny days and thug in trick room

45F6CAEB-3402-4D4C-A22D-57F541DE9ECF.png
thug in sunny days,heat waves +icy wind can hit a lot of pokemon

45125791-7239-42B9-B395-139B886E0E55.png
tool drivers trick room and parry pre production skills

86BA2570-E95D-4E6E-BC19-DCA29F18570F.png
thug in sunny days and in trick room

Last edited:

Noelle

Trying my best
Chi-Yu + Iron Bundle Offense
:chi yu: :iron bundle: :gholdengo: :great tusk: :tsareena: :murkrow:
https://pokepast.es/2bae6b3504195c9c

I've been using this team a lot, Chi-Yu + Iron Bundle is really strong. Murkrow offense is still very much busted, and the offensive pairing of Chi-Yu and Iron Bundle is a huge part of that. Iron Bundle switch ins don't really exist because of how good it's coverage is, and it's so fast that with Tailwind support it's pretty much guaranteed to move first. Icy Wind not only functions as speed control, but does pretty respectable damage with Beads of Ruin active. Choice Scarf Gholdengo adds to the already good offensive core of this team by providing a powerful spread attack with Make it Rain, and Trick is good for disrupting setup and Trick Room teams. Murkrow also has Haze, which resets Gholdengo's stats after it uses Make it Rain. Great Tusk removes pokemon like Tyranitar which this team would otherwise struggle with, gives this team a way to remove hazards with Rapid Spin, and has yet another powerful spread move with Earthquake. Lastly, Tsareena rounds out the team by blocking priority and removing Water-types like Palafin with Power Whip. Taunt gives you another way to prevent Trick Room alongside Gholdengo's Trick. Sunny Day is an option on Murkrow, but keep in mind that Sunny Day also nerfs Iron Bundle's Water-type attacks. This team is insanely good, it's extremely simple and easy to use but very effective.

bagel

formerly bage1
is a Community Leaderis a Tiering Contributoris the defending DOU Circuit Champion
Community Leader
Iron Bundle Rain

https://pokepast.es/4d21af7c1136d0ed

Max spa hydro hits really hard. Eject Button can work but I've found myself wanting to keep Pelipper in to set tailwind or do damage more often than not. Wide guard is very clutch against all the popular spread attackers (Chi-yu, Ttar, Gholdengo, Sylveon, etc).
Main rain beneficiary. Great secondary speed control and murders stuff in rain.
Exerts so much pressure without any boosts and its really easy to threaten opponents out and set up a nasty plot. Extremely threatening with tailwind or icy wind support.
Eject button is nice to keep up momentum. Amoon offers some answers to TR. Covert/Sitrus also work.
Big fan of 3 attack to spread poison (almost neccesary into Ape) and deal big damage as people often are more concerned with stopping hazards than max spa modest glimm chunking or even ohkoing a mon. Rocks gud.
Another TW setter + taunt to stop opposing TR or hazards. EP is nice to hit steels and Chi-Yu but other coverage could work. Hydreigon > Iron Jugulis because of the defensive typing (not many fairies) and being a soft check to Chi-Yu as the team can be weak to Sun if you lose the weather war early. Often finding myself using tera poison on this, especially if stab tera isn't needed on Iron Bundle or Gholdengo.

qsns

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
VGCPL Champion
everything has max hp
:iron-bundle: :chi-yu: :gholdengo: :ting-lu: :salamence: :amoonguss:
https://pokepast.es/169bf30a902a0b0e

I built this team to take advantage of Chi-Yu's Beads of Ruin and gave it max HP to be able to switch in more often and enable Bundle, Gholdengo and Salamence (the spread survives Tera CB Speed from Dragonite). As discussed in this thread already, Chi-Yu + Bundle is terrifying, and Iron Bundle pins opposing Chi-Yu for my Gholdengo and Amoong. However, I went with a bulky AV set to be threatened out less easily and give more opportunities to click its unresisted coverage. Same philosophy as bulk Flutter and specifically, AV Kartana from other gens. Icy Wind is a really nice support move to have on a team with the two other nukes. Standard picks outside of this core - Mence is kind of weird but gives the team Tailwind & Intimidate support while still OHKOing a ton with Beads support.

I mostly used this team for my reqs this suspect :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)