Resource SV CAP Viability Rankings

:zarude: to C

I rise from the dead to bring word of the monkey.

Zarude @ Leftovers
Ability: Leaf Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Tera Type: Poison
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Knock Off
- Power Whip
- Jungle Healing

It preys on a lot of popular balance mons, like Gliscor, G-king, Tingu and Cres. Where it gets really interesting is its ability to deal with book 1v1 with Tera. Tera Poison basically renders Book as setup fodder, allowing Zarude to get to +2 very easily and become very annoying to deal with. Too, Poison Tera allows it to bully hemo into taking decent damage or a knock.

Its DOA against sun, and most Offense, but it eats bulky teams for breakfast.

Quick thoughts:

:Naviathan: UR -> B-

Naviathan has a solid niche on HO. Although it struggles to find setup opportunities, when it gets a Dragon Dance, it devastates teams. Guts Tera Water Wave Crash can break through Unaware Mons and little besides Dondozo can wall it after a Dragon Dance. A resistance to Pixilate Extreme Speed and access to Slack Off also makes it hard to revenge kill.

:Fidgit: C -> B- or :ursaluna: B- -> C

Ursaluna’s viability comes from Trick Room and Fidgit sets that best and is one of its only niches. Their viabilities are pretty connected.

:Armarouge: UR -> B- and :indeedee: C -> B-

Amamama has turned me to a Psychic Terrain believer. Although inconsistent, Psychic Terrain is an extremely powerful playstyle. Armarouge is one of the best abusers of this with Weak Armor, greatly appreciated the suppression of priority. Hawlucha is B+ thanks to Grassy Terrain and Paychic Terrain is only slightly worse due to its setter being worse.

:Moltres: B- -> B / B+

This bird is great at checking many top-tier threats such as Hemogoblin, Kingambit, Equilibra, and Great Tusk thanks to its excellent typing for this tier. Flame Body is a killer. I’ve faced this way too many times and paired with Glowking or Equilibra it can wreck havoc on balance.

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
:Fidgit: C -> B- or :ursaluna: B- -> C

Ursaluna’s viability comes from Trick Room and Fidgit sets that best and is one of its only niches. Their viabilities are pretty connected.
While I agree on both of these noms (In fact I think Ursaluna could be unranked altogether), I disagree quite a bit with your reasoning. At the moment, Fidgit's viability is more tied to Tailwind than it is to Trick Room, with Tailwind Offense teams seeing a decent amount of success in CAPCL (Which is why I think Fidgit deserves a raise). It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to rank these two mons together in my opinion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 0)