Project SV CAP (Teal Mask) Personal Viability Rankings Thread

Approved by spoo

As of 12/20/23, I am done updating the VR Maker and am stepping down from running this thread. This was my unfinished business, but now that the Indigo Disk is out I am done. Someone else can take over if they want to, but I don't think I have the authority to just hand over the thread to someone else, so you should ask a mod if you're interested. Goodbye.

Here is a viability rankings creator that includes every Pokemon from the OU Viability List, as well as every fully evolved CAP.

Feel free to give reasoning for your choices but you don't have to.

There are a lot of Pokemon on here, and that is very intentional, so there may be some dogshit mons that probably shouldn't be on here, but I wanted to maximize the flexibility of the tier maker.

Pre Home
  • Version 1.0 (2/12/23) - First version
  • Version 2.0 (2/27/23) - Added Iron Leaves, Walking Wake, and Zoroark-Hisui
  • Version 3.0 (2/28/23) - Added Arboliva, Bisharp, Brambleghast, and Weavile at the request of Steam Buns
  • Version 4.0 (3/20/23) - Removed Walking Wake
  • Version 5.0 (3/30/23) - Added Abomasnow and Wo-Chien, since they were added to the official OU Viability Rankings
  • Version 6.0 (4/10/23) - Added Golduck
  • Version 7.0 (4/18/23) - Added Cyclizar, removed Orthworm
  • Version 8.0 (4/19/23) - Readded Orthworm, removing it in the first place was a rather hasty choice on my end
Post Home
  • Version 1.0 (6/7/23) - First version
  • Version 2.0 (6/11/23) - Removed Urshifu-Rapid-Strike and Volcarona
  • Version 3.0 (7/3/23) - Added Mimikyu and Muk-Alola, since they were added to the official OU Viability Rankings
  • Version 4.0 (8/14/23) - Added Abomasnow, Froslass, and Frosmoth, since they were added to the official OU Viability Rankings
  • Version 5.0 (9/12/23) - Added Decidueye-Hisui, Drifblim, Grafaiai, and Wo-Chien, since they were added to the official OU Viability Rankings
The Teal Mask
  • Version 1.0 (9/23/23) - First version
  • Version 2.0 (10/20/23) - Added a large assortment of Pokemon that weren't on the initial OU Viability List but made it onto the rankings, also removed Blood Moon Ursaluna
  • Version 3.0 (10/21/23) - Added Milotic, which I meant to add last time but forgot
  • Version 4.0 (10/28/23) - Removed Roaring Moon
  • Version 5.0 (11/12/23) - Removed Gliscor
  • Version 6.0 (11/19/23) - Removed Sneasler
  • Version 7.0 (11/21/23) - Added Cresceidon
  • Version 8.0 (12/2/23) - Added Chesnaught, Goodra-Hisui, Iron Jugulis, Salamence, Talonflame, and Tauros-Blze-Breed, since they were added to the official OU Viability Rankings
The Indigo Disk
  • Version 1.0 (12/20/23) - First version

Pre-Home version
Post-Home version
Teal Mask version

Last edited:
I'll get the ball rolling.

CAP Personal VR 2 12 23.png

There are a number of updated CAP mons that I haven't really seen yet and don't know where they stand so I made a separate "I don't know" tier for them. Talonflame I also wanted to put higher but I haven't used/seen it yet so I'll hold off on it.

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
S Ranks:

S Rank:

:Arghonaut: Arghonaut

S- Rank:
:Garganacl: Garganacl
:Jumbao: Jumbao

A Ranks:

A+ Rank:

:Dragapult: Dragapult
:Equilibra: Equilibra
:Great Tusk: Great Tusk
:Iron Valiant: Iron Valiant
:Krilowatt: Krilowatt
:Revenankh: Revenankh
:Venomicon: Venomicon

A Rank:
:Gholdengo: Gholdengo
:Rotom-Wash: Rotom-Wash
:Skeledirge: Skeledirge
:Snaelstrom: Snaelstrom
:Venomicon-Epilogue: Venomicon-Epilogue

A- Rank:
:Astrolotl: Astrolotl
:Cinderace: Cinderace
:Corviknight: Corviknight
:Dragonite: Dragonite
:Greninja: Greninja
:Hatterene: Hatterene
:Iron Hands: Iron Hands
:Iron Moth: Iron Moth
:Roaring Moon: Roaring Moon
:Ting-Lu: Ting-Lu
:Tomohawk: Tomohawk

B Ranks:

B+ Rank:

:Caribolt: Caribolt
:Garchomp: Garchomp
:Iron Treads: Iron Treads
:Kingambit: Kingambit
:Meowscarada: Meowscarada
:Smokomodo: Smokomodo
:Stratagem: Stratagem
:Toxapex: Toxapex
:Volcarona: Volcarona

B Rank:
:Amoonguss: Amoonguss
:Dondozo: Dondozo
:Ceruledge: Ceruledge
:Clodsire: Clodsire
:Gastrodon: Gastrodon
:Pawmot: Pawmot
:Pelipper: Pelipper
:Saharaja: Saharaja
:Scizor: Scizor

B- Rank:
:Chromera:
Chromera
:Floatzel: Floatzel
:Glimmora: Glimmora
:Grimmsnarl: Grimmsnarl
:Orthworm: Orthworm
:Pajantom: Pajantom
:Plasmanta: Plasmanta
:Slowking: Slowking

C Ranks:

C Rank:

:Armarouge: Armarogue
:Azumarill: Azumarill
:Barraskewda: Barraskewda
:Blissey: Blissey
:Breloom: Breloom
:Cawmodore: Cawmodore
:Indeedee: Indeedee
:Naviathan: Naviathan
:Polteageist: Polteageist
:Pyroak: Pyroak
:Quaquaval: Quaquaval
:Slither Wing: Slither Wing
:Talonflame: Talonflame

Last edited:
I've finally played enough to have an opinion on most of the meta. This is entirely subjective, based on how easy I think it would be to make a team that uses a Pokemon and how worried I am when I see it in team preview.

my-image(12).png

Been playing the tier for some time now, so figured I'd have some fun and cook up some viability rankings. Also, if this comes out before devs shoot Revenankh dead in Atlanta streets then he's A+ no question.

6E9AC6D5-0A41-44EC-9A3E-D2CB5078FF6A.png

Something I wanted to bring up:

Pokemon Home should be coming soon (honestly I thought it'd be here by now, fucking Future Redeemed is coming out before it lol). When Home releases, I will not be updating the VR maker until after an official CAP Viability Rankings update. This is because I want to only add Home inclusions that you could make an argument for viability, so that I'm not adding complete utter dogshit like Calyrex and Carbink to the VR maker, and also waiting a bit will allow me to not have to bother adding the obviously broken shit like Urshifu/Landorus-I/Regieleki/Spectrier/Basculegion. In that stretch, you are free to do what Da Pizza Man did and use the format that the official Viability Rankings uses for your personal rankings. Also, when Home comes out, I will effectively be "restarting" the VR maker. The Home meta will be much different from the current meta, and as such the transition will allow for some outdated stuff like Farigiraf to be removed from the VR maker. Pokemon Day was different, that day only added 3 Pokemon and all of them were viable.

Thank you for reading, I know that was a handful.

1682356794992.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)