Resource SV Battle Stadium Singles Team Bazaar

Just started playing BSS a couple of weeks ago, it's a lot of fun and everyone here seems really nice. Reg F weather teams? Reg F weather teams.
f-vIWy1W.jpeg

Mr Sand Man, Man Me A Sand
This team is my baby, I've been working on it for a while. I haven't quite gotten to Master Ball yet (team definitely isn't perfect, and I haven't had that much time), but it has consistently been doing well on cart. While Excadrill is always fun to use, the team works bringing just Tyranitar or even no Sand at all if the matchup calls for it.

:Excadrill: The bread and butter of the team, though it's obviously limiting in that it sort of needs Sand to do anything impressive Excadrill is a great mon that hits a variety of important weaknesses (Flutter Mane, Chien-Pao, Gholdengo, Archaludon, and Chi-Yu - and it can also OHKO all forms of Ogerpon with Poison Jab). Tera Ice is a major meme but it can be used to bait and KO Lando-T which the team is otherwise annoyed by, as well as OHKO-ing Dragonite through Multiscale.
It's EV'd to outspeed Adamant 252 Speed Dragonite even outside of Sand, forcing it to Extreme Speed. A Jolly nature with 252 would allow you to just barely outpace Booster Energy Flutter Mane and Roaring Moon, but would notably cause it to miss the KO on Ogerpon and deal severely less damage to everything else (I could potentially run Banded Jolly with Smooth Rock Hippo, but that's pretty much another team entirely). I'm not too hung up on this because the team has several methods of dealing with these mons. The remaining defence ups its chances of living a neutral Dragonite's EQ.

:Tyranitar: Though Tyranitar lacks Hippowdon's reliable recovery it makes up for it as a Sand setter by becoming an insane Special Defence tank under Sand - allowing it to shrug off hits from and in turn KO mons that threaten Excadrill like bulky Ursaluna-B and the aforementioned Booster Flutter Mane.

140 SpA Flutter Mane Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Tyranitar in Sand: 50-62 (24.1 - 29.9%) -- 99.9% chance to 4HKO
140 SpA Tera Stellar Flutter Mane Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Tyranitar in Sand: 68-84 (32.8 - 40.5%) -- 100% chance to 3HKO

This makes it a natural partner for Drill, weakening or even OHKOing mons to clear a path for the mole to sweep. Foul Play is your main attack, Heavy Slam OHKO's all but the most bulky Flutter Mane, Low Kick provides a 2HKO on 252 HP Ursaluna-B and an OHKO on Chien-Pao (who is surprisingly super heavy), originally the last slot went to Avalanche but now belongs to Dragon Tail, which punishes set up mons like Dragonite as well as the less common Iron Defense Garganacl and Curse Dondozo which can take advantage of this very physically oriented team.

Tera Fairy gives it a better matchup against Urshifu-S as well as fringe mons like Scale Shot Garchomp while also providing resistance to Chien-Pao's Sacred Sword without leaving it weak to Dark or Ghost as Tera Ghost would. Obviously tera-ing removes the Spdef boost from Sand, and opens it up to chip, which isn't nice.

:Amoonguss: The standard Amoonguss set, this mon forms an amazing defensive core with Tyranitar - absorbing Fighting, Water, Fairy, and Grass attacks while Tar in turn eats Fire, Psychic, and Flying hits. Notably it can wall out and OHKO Urshifu-R which can be a major issue before Sand is set, as well as Serperior that aren't Tera Blast and Ogerpon that aren't Fire type. Eject Pack provides a slow pivot into Excadrill.

:Urshifu: The standard Urshifu, wow! Tera Poison improves the mirror matchup and flips Urshi's Fairy weakness, while also allowing Poison Jab to OHKO defensive Primarina, catching it by surprise.

:Dragonite: Dragonite provides useful speed control against Booster Energy Roaring Moon and opposing priority users with Extreme Speed. Its immunity to Ground is also appreciated by the Ground weak Tyranitar and Excadrill. Goggles is a silly item that prevents Sand from popping Multiscale (especially after a Roost) and provides a niche immunity to Spore, too.

:Flutter Mane: Another Speed control mon, Mane can act as a cleaner in the late game once Excadrill has weakened the opponent's team while providing immunity to Extreme Speed. It's EV'd to live an Adamant Chien-Pao's Sucker Punch and an opposing Booster Mane's Shadow Ball, meaning it doesn't have to go for the defensive tera Fairy.
Urshifu-Rapid-Strike (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Unseen Fist
Level: 50
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Poison Jab

Amoonguss (F) @ Eject Pack
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spore
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Foul Play

Excadrill (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Tera Type: Ice
EVs: 252 Atk / 60 Def / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab
- Tera Blast

Flutter Mane @ Booster Energy
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 108 HP / 60 Def / 220 SpA / 4 SpD / 116 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Shadow Ball
- Mystical Fire
- Taunt

Dragonite (F) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Multiscale
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed
- Roost

Tyranitar (F) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Foul Play
- Low Kick
- Heavy Slam
- Dragon Tail

tr1VHtht.jpeg

Rainy Day, Dream Away
This team started off with me going "Lando-T gets Weather Ball, wouldn't it be funny to run it on Snow to hit Dragonite?" and then I realised that every Pokemon has Ice coverage through Tera Blast. And that Dragonite would likely just switch or Tera in fear of Stone Edge. And that Landorus-Incarnate is legal here. And that Weather Ball is generally a bad move. Whoops.
Lando-I is a very silly mon though, I'm surprised it doesn't have higher usage than it does. In Rain Sandsear Storm becomes a 130 Base Power unmissable win button, that can be boosted even further with Tera. This thing pops Flutter Mane, Ursaluna, and does considerable damage to straight up walls like Porygon2.
Admittedly this team is slightly less tested than the prior, but is HAS been doing pretty good in the tests I have done.

:Pelipper: Good ol' Pelipper, fully physically defensive due to how many overwhelming physical threats are around down here. Ice Beam hits Dragonite (freeing up Landorus to spam Sandsear and Barraskewda to spam Water attacks), and there really isn't much Pelipper would need a Water move for in BSS - nobody is bringing Chi-Yu against Rain lol (Gholdengo is the only major mon I can think of that outright walls this set, and I guess certain fringe Teras like Rock Serperior too). 0 Speed IVs for slow U-Turn.

Edit! Future Paisley here - running 132 SpDef lets you always live a hit from Specs Flutter Mane (assuming it doesn't immediately burn its Tera), which is a common lead. Consider this a little treat for reading the digest.

:Landorus: As aforementioned, Landorus is scarily strong in Rain. It already has a decent speed tier, outpacing Urshifu, but a Scarf allows it to also outspeed Serperior and Ogerpon to KO with a Sludge Wave. EV'd to outspeed Scarfed Timid Gholdengo.

Tera Stellar would be good for this Pokemon, but Tera-ing Ground allows it to survive an Ice Shard from Chien-Pao while maintaining the damage on Sandsear.

:Barraskewda: Though Basculegion has an appealing typing with immunity to Extreme Speed and a powerful Wave Crash, its low Speed means that it's outpaced by Booster Flutter Mane and it also has a major weakness to Sucker Punch. Barraskewda has no such issues, EV'd to outpace Serperior outside of Rain it is second to none in Rain. Its defence EVs means that it will always live an Adamant Chien-Pao's Sucker Punch from full, and it can Tera Fighting at lower HP (which also provides power to Close Combat, allowing it to always OHKO Urshifu-R). Its Speed makes it a decent scout, coming out first and then Flip Turn-ing if the matchup calls for it. Poison Jab his Primarina and Grass types like Ogerpon-W.

Admittedly it does suffer against Dragonite, which is why the rest of the team is built around dealing with the BSS Brute.

:Archaludon: A very standard set, Archaludon is a nice bulky mon that can set up to an insane degree in the right situation. Electro Shot boosts its SpAttack, while Stamina boost Defence for Body Press. Tera Flying gives it a Fighting resistance and an immunity to Ground.

:Flutter Mane: The first half of the Dastardly Dragonite Detect and Destroy Duo (DDDDD) Flutter Mane's immunity to Extreme Speed makes it a very helpful mon that can easily deal with Dragonite after coming in on a slow U-Turn from Peli, freeing up Barraskewda or Landorus to sweep uninterrupted. Other than that it's the standard Specs set.

:Chien-Pao: The second half of the DDDDD, Chien-Pao can finish games with Sucker Punch while providing strong Ice attacks to deal with annoying Grass, Flying, and Dragon types. Admittedly this role could be played by Booster Energy Iron Bundle, but I'm a Scarlet player and I have no friends :P
Pelipper (F) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Hurricane
- Ice Beam
- Roost
- U-turn

Landorus @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sheer Force
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 SpA / 28 SpD / 228 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sandsear Storm
- Sludge Wave
- Psychic
- U-turn

Archaludon (F) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Stamina
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 HP / 180 SpA / 76 SpD
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Heavy Slam
- Electro Shot
- Body Press

Chien-Pao @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sword of Ruin
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Sacred Sword
- Sucker Punch
- Tera Blast

Barraskewda (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Swift Swim
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 Atk / 52 Def / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Close Combat
- Poison Jab
- Flip Turn

Flutter Mane @ Choice Specs
Ability: Protosynthesis
EVs: 4 HP / 108 Def / 140 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Shadow Ball
- Power Gem
- Psyshock

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)