Suspect SV AAA Suspect Test #2: Fur Coat and Ice Scales

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osake

Hasta Siempre
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
gonna vote ban without a doubt

Screenshot 2023-01-13 10.02.59.png

I don't believe that FurScales is even 1% healthy or competitive
it's just about having a playable tier where you don't have a 30% chance of insta losing to the wrong mon (it's not only FurScales, the tier is fishy af and I took 0% of pleasure playing it neither now or during the ghosting tour, but FurScales is the biggest issue rn)
just read Siamato's post if you're even interested in the discussion and not voting for w/e you found fun by playing against the ladder (which is not good in OMs) or atha's post if you want a quick reading
have a good day

BoingK

back to the lab again
is a Pre-Contributor
C7AC0A5E-DD80-40C2-9B07-351EF3A09206.jpeg

LETS GOOO MY FIRST REQS only took 3 tries
Used multiple teams, but mainly Tea’s team here and an adapted version of the Secret Santa team I made for Ren (I think?)

I’m leaning towards DNB. It’s holding a lot of the tier together defensively, and I don’t feel it’s overbearing. Set-up fur scales is a little disgusting but I believe these can be banned individually, compared to the volume of bans that would probably follow a fur scales ban.
Still not completely decided tho

Courtesy of Pokemon Trainer 596
EE450EF1-6299-4F3A-AFF3-74D1E376C8A6.png

5A57FF7E-227E-4FAC-A74B-7837B6C92EA7.png

DD33D83E-FF34-4807-A06E-764A4FB06171.png

A15EDF5A-D75B-48F9-B351-0AB5E7EE6247.png

47BE66CF-5E23-42C3-894C-A286C76561EA.png

Runo

Blehhhhhoooooouughhh.....
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Confirming as FURSCA Deez
1673656261126.png
1673658426690.png

Idk what I wanna vote. I know the FurScales sweepers are a pain to handle, but the abilities seem fine on a standard defensive mon. So I'd rather get rid of the abusers rather than ban FurScales outright, and if that means losing some goats like Corviknight then so be it. Kind of a surface level explanation but I just wanted to get it out there.

PociekMociek

is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
OMPL Champion
confirming as Fur Sca Aubrey Fan
Screenshot_20230114-103258-568.png

i have no idea what the fuck happened this suspect test
FurScales Bocch went 21-4 and i had 74% gxe now 20-5 Aubrey Fan would prolly be ok????
ezgif-4-d3b17dd26a.gif
might post thoughts later or might forget haha...

rarre

Sometimes I think maybe its too late
is a Tiering Contributor
1673744405757.png
confirming as FURSCA scream
:iron-hands::volcarona::polteageist::dragapult::dragonite::gholdengo:<- team

s/o to Kaen for killing my first 2 accounts, tilting me and making me ragequit for 4 days before coming back not tilted

Unsure as to what to vote atm

edit: forgot to post proof woops

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Screenshot 2023-01-14 at 8.17.09 PM.png

If Fur Coat and Ice Scales are banned, a bunch of other things will need to be banned too. They're what keeps a lot of the meta in check, things will fundamentally shift. And they're not even broken on their own, I haven't seen anything become actively broken due to using them. That being said, I think they make the meta more centralized and less fun so I'm voting ban.

RoFnA

Vegan funktioniert ned
is a Top Tiering Contributor
Confirming as FURSCA RoFnA123
Screenshot_20230115_002314.jpg

I am still not 100% sure what to vote.
As other people mentioned FurScales keeps a good amount of Mons in check atm. On paper these two abilities seem overpowered by basically doubling the defensive stats. But without it it will be hard to find switchins to Iron Bundle, Iron Valiant, Dragapult and way more.
On the other hand its very annoying to deal with Setup sweeper that now also have acces to FurScales. I have seen Veluza, Polteageist, Gholdengo with Fur Coat sweeping. And you can't outdamage them anymore with a strong priority attack because of their ability.

Don Vascus

Certified Wednesday Poster
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
i hate furscales i hate furscales i hate furscales i hate furscales i hate furscales i hate furscales i hate furscales i hate furscales i hate furscales i hate furscales i hate furscales i hate furscales i hate furscales i hate furscales i hate furscales

I despise having to choose between my choice bander having eh numbers against everything (moldy) or having one mon in every team and only one mon cuck me omega hard (sword of ruin, etc). I hate bulky setup that would be ruined by having toxic on everything (fuck you gamefreak) and It makes me miserable having to use scales corb, the least satisfying mon to use, ever. Its just so limp vs everything, like every special attacker has like recovery, or trick, or a setup move, or a combination of them so its just a uturn button that gets mega exploited and only beats a few select sets.

Attachments

DuGuo

Just say love me.
is a Tiering Contributor
Confirming as furscad
1673922635327.png

I lost a lot in my first attempt because of lack of understanding of the environment. But I insisted on this alt and finally did it.
To the Ice Scales and Fur Coat, I think they deserve a ban, but in the process of playing, I deeply felt that we would need more bans without them, because there would be more powerful mons that would become more frightening.
S/O: DuGuo Thanks myself

Last edited:
Confirming as FURSCA Kiss-shot
Sin título.png

I will vote Ban. Most Pokemon that use these two abilities build themselves. Your rival has to have an answer to this YES OR YES, what's more, your rival has to have the least possible loss on his team so as not to lose. If it loses the effective response to the FurScales, then it's a definitive gg. In fact, I was surprised that the standout on my team was Volcarona, as I expected Houndstone to get the job done. I did win multiple times with Volcarona Fur Coat + Quiver Dance +2.

https://pokepast.es/09c904090a411f3e
I built this equipment for this suspect. There is not much to say, you put the danger, weaken the opponent and Houndstone finishes the job, as long as there are no faster rival Pokémon. Staraptor Psychic Surge is to avoid priority attacks on Houndstone when this is the only pokemon in the field. Please note that this equipment is made for my own personal enjoyment, there are better options.

fursca.png

UT i finally did them btw (how do you @ someone)

DO NOT USE THIS TEAM IM NOT JOKING it is rly bad and you will lose a bunch but some of the concepts in it i wanna expand into realer teams but i was too ignorant so went with it for reqs anyways.

Regarding what to vote i was initially very dnb and i still think better if dnb but like now im kinda leaning ban cuz idk if my logic was great for dnb even if (percieved) "true". And things can get pretty silly at times w/ furry scales

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)