Announcement SV 1v1 C&C Announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Itchy

take all my data, what will you find?
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
This thread will serve the purpose of announcing information relevant to 1v1 analyses, such as newly banned Pokemon, changes to the moderation team, and policy/format shifts.

Last edited:
Due to Greninja’s release into the SV 1v1 Metagame, we are temporarily freezing 1v1’s analyses. The analyses that are currently already reserved can continue their QC / GP process, but new analyses cannot be reserved for some time.

Hi there, we're gonna be reopening very very soon, so it's updates time!!

To begin, we're restricting all writers going forward to two analyses. This change is mostly to make it easier for people on the GP team to check our analyses, as that had become a bit of a problem in the past. This means that a writer can only reserve a maximum of two analyses in either the WIP or QC stages at once. However, when one of those goes to the GP stage, a writer is free to reserve another analysis.

As detailed in the Analysis Format thread, due to recent changes in what is accepted, we've changed our format a little bit. You can now use profile links, like https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/lumii.493772/ or https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/itchy.518399/ instead of a tag, like [Lumii. 493772] or [Itchy, 518399]. This will now be the preferred format for all analyses.

In addition, you can use PS set imports, like the following...

Choice Band (Meowscarada) @ Choice Band
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Flower Trick
- Knock Off / Sucker Punch
- Giga Impact
- Trick / Play Rough / Thunder Punch / Shadow Claw

...instead of the old set format in the analysis format. However, this is completely up to the writer's preference. However, please remember to remove the Tera Type section of this format, as Tera is banned in 1v1.

We should be reopening SV soon! Please stay tuned!!

Itchy

take all my data, what will you find?
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Pokemon Home is releasing very soon, so reservations will be on hold for a while and existing analyses will be fast-tracked through the process. Have fun playing the post-HOME metagame, and we hope to see you back later this year!

The existing pre-Home SV 1v1 Analyses are now all completed. This would mean that the 1v1 analyses section is officially empty and awaiting the release of Pokemon Home.

I would like to give a huge shout-out to everyone who either wrote or quality-checked analyses for us so far in this generation. I would also like to give a shout-out to the GP Team for their work checking our analyses so far. Every contributor's work is thoroughly appreciated. We could not have had such a successful pre-Home period without every single one of you.

I encourage all writers who want to continue writing to help out with our Old Gens! The format is slightly different and is a little bit wordier, but it's a great way to stay in the sphere of C&C work.

As Itchy said in the last post, we hope to see all of you back later this year! I hope that whenever we do open up analyses for the Pokemon Home meta, it'll be received with the same enthusiasm (if not even better enthusiasm) that you all have shown towards this project!

See you guys soon!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)