VGC Support and DPS (First Team)

This is my first team (Expect it to be bad)
Scizor @ Metal Coat
Ability: Technician
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Brick Break
- Defog
Scizor is the cleaner of the group. U-turn to pivot, brick break to break screens, defog for hazard, and Bullet Punch with technician and metal coat to have a strong stab priority move.

Annihilape @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Defiant
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rage Fist
- Night Slash
- Bulk Up
- Brick Break
Works with Maushold, Terastilizes into steel to resist pop. bomb, then hits with rage fist for massive damage. Brick break for steel types, bulk up for the stat boost, Night Slash to save on rage fist pp.

Maushold-Four @ Wide Lens
Ability: Friend Guard
Level: 50
Tera Type: Normal
Jolly Nature
- Population Bomb
- Crunch
- Protect
- Follow Me
Works with Annihilape, hits with pop. bomb and covers with follow me if you need a damage dealer to set up. Works as a damage dealer by itself too with 99% accuracy pop. bomb and crunch to lower defense.

Cyclizar @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Normal
Jolly Nature
- Shed Tail
- Body Slam
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Fang
Starts off in front with indeedee. Uses shed tail to switch to a damage dealer to get them out safely. Can go in front with indeedee, then shed tail to armarouge.

Armarouge @ White Herb
Ability: Weak Armor
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 244 HP / 252 SpA / 12 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Expanding Force
- Stored Power
- Shadow Ball
- Iron Defense
Hits strong with indeedee, and can get the speed boost from weak armour without the defense loss.

Indeedee-F (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Psychic Surge
Tera Type: Psychic
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Follow Me
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball
- Heal Pulse
Helps armarouge with Psychic terrain, and can heal.

Idk about brick break, defog cleans screens away already. Best to use Close Combat.

Night slash is the same coverage as rage fist but without STAB. Use something else like taunt. If you need the same coverage because of pp you can use shadow punch.

Maushold should have bite for technician boost.

I feel like Armorouge needs armor cannon, but if not give indeedee psychic since you have shadow ball.

This is not to say Cyclizar is ok, I'm just not sure. Certainly if you do armor cannon drop fire dang for power whip. Knock off is good, probably better than body spam. Its hits are kinda weak, I think if you went breaking swipe that the BP loss wouldn't be crucial. The Atk drop could help you transition away from iron def rouge.

PikaSpark

sad emoji
is a Tiering Contributor
Hey, just going to touch on a few sets here.
https://pokepast.es/dabaf5ee26bd42f0
Paste with updated sets.

1) Scizor should not be running Defog, hazards are kind of nonexistent in VGC, and even if they're there you benefit more from going for an attack than wasting a turn trying to Defog. Try using Protect or Swords Dance instead, even Iron Head for a steel STAB under Psychic Terrain would be decent. Also, run Close Combat over Brick Break, the former suceeds in OHKOing Kingambit while the latter does not. And that feels much more important than removing screens.
2) Bulk Up Annihilape usually runs Bulk Up-Rage Fist-Drain Punch-Protect, and it invests more heavily in bulk. I don't know how to optimize the spread for you, so you can try asking someone else on that part.
3) If you want to use the Maushold + Annihilapd combo, use Beat Up. Using Pop Bomb to stack Rage Fist means you're forced to Tera, something you'd like to avoid. Using Beat Up to do the same leaves you room to choose a different Tera Type for Ape as well, such as Tera Fire or Water. Also I should mention that there are two types of Maushold people run. One is an Offensive Support, and the other leans on full support with Friend Guard and Follow Me. Yours doesn't lean into either, so I'll just make it full supportive.
4) I personally don't believe in Cyclizar, but I think if you were to use it try a special Life Orb set. Using moves like Overheat over Fire Fang will do more damage. In the updated paste, I put in U-Turn because its a way to activate Armarouge's policy and ability after it(the armarouge) Teras into Tera Grass (but Tera Dark or Tera Psychic can be fine as well I think.)
5) For Armarouge, try using Weakness Policy instead of White Herb: What I'm picturing here is you using either Maushold Beat Up or Cyclizar U-Turn(when you Tera) into Armarouge, proc the Weak Armor and Weakness Policy, and Stored Power away.

I do think a couple of pokemon changes would benefit you, but I don't want to mess up so just goingn to leave it for now :p

Last edited:
https://pokepast.es/f5371e4d073c0a62
Paste with updated sets.

1) Scizor should not be running Defog, hazards are kind of nonexistent in VGC, and even if they're there you benefit more from going for an attack than wasting a turn trying to Defog. Try using Protect or Swords Dance instead, even Iron Head for a steel STAB under Psychic Terrain would be decent. Also, run Close Combat over Brick Break, the former suceeds in OHKOing Kingambit while the latter does not. And that feels much more important than removing screens.
2) Bulk Up Annihilape usually runs Bulk Up-Rage Fist-Drain Punch-Protect, and it invests more heavily in bulk. I don't know how to optimize the spread for you, so you can try asking someone else on that part.
3) If you want to use the Maushold + Annihilapd combo, use Beat Up. Using Pop Bomb to stack Rage Fist means you're forced to Tera, something you'd like to avoid. Using Beat Up to do the same leaves you room to choose a different Tera Type for Ape as well, such as Tera Fire or Water. Also I should mention that there are two types of Maushold people run. One is an Offensive Support, and the other leans on full support with Friend Guard and Follow Me. Yours doesn't lean into either, so I'll just make it full supportive.
4) I personally don't believe in Cyclizar, but I think if you were to use it try a special Life Orb set. Using moves like Overheat over Fire Fang will do more damage. In the updated paste, I put in U-Turn because its a way to activate Armarouge's policy and ability after it(the armarouge) Teras into Tera Grass (but Tera Dark or Tera Psychic can be fine as well I think.)
5) For Armarouge, try using Weakness Policy instead of White Herb: What I'm picturing here is you using either Maushold Beat Up or Cyclizar U-Turn(when you Tera) into Armarouge, proc the Weak Armor and Weakness Policy, and Stored Power away.

I do think a couple of pokemon changes would benefit you, but I don't want to mess up so just goingn to leave it for now :p
Why tr on indeedee? Also, 252 HP on Cyclizar, vgc is at level 50.

PikaSpark

sad emoji
is a Tiering Contributor
Why tr on indeedee? Also, 252 HP on Cyclizar, vgc is at level 50.
o mb I just went to builder and clicked doubles, TR on indeedee I would imagine is for when you have to reverse opponent's Trick Room, or when the opponent has extreme speed control measures like Tailwind on their side. Ape isn't like the fastest mon after all. Mb I'll go update the paste
Edit: oh and forgot to say but 252 SpAtk on Cyclizar is my preference, it helps it have more field presence.

Last edited:
https://pokepast.es/dabaf5ee26bd42f0
Paste with updated sets.

I know I want to keep ape, Maushold, armarouge, and indeede. I’m not too sure about cyclizar now that I’m running a weakness policy instead of shed tail with armarouge and I’m not too sure on scizor/iron bundle

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)