Super Smash Bros. Brawl Discussion Thread

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Tbh, I'm just trying to understand how we're using the term "power" here. If it's killing power, Diddy definitely has it.
The only character who can rival Diddy in sheer lack of killing power is Samus. :toast: Of course, that doesn't seem to hurt his status as one of the best characters in the game.

Umby

I'm gonna bury you in the ground~
is a Contributor Alumnus
Really now? I suppose I was mixed up in the fact that Diddy just has really good setups into his kills.

Previously maining Sonic makes you appreciate stuff like that!

The only character who can rival Diddy in sheer lack of killing power is Samus. :toast: Of course, that doesn't seem to hurt his status as one of the best characters in the game.

I thought Sonic and Wolf had crummier killing power than Diddy too ;/

I can annoy people real bad with diddy. I take out two banana peels and just throw them everywhere, kinda trapping the person. Then, taking advantage of diddys cartwheel and the ability to pick things up while doing so and the power of diddy overall, i can make it where nobody can attack. but this only works 1 on 1.

Then i use king dedede to throw waddle dee and smash with the hammer HARD.

Toon link is also generally good for stabbing power

Diddy isn't very "powerful" in terms of instant damage, but his method of stage control racks up damage at a decent rate. That said, the lack of power doesn't seem to "hurt" Diddy in matchups since he has the tools to make up for that. After that, he has a number of viable kill moves and setups into them. Iirc, glide toss -> dsmash kills some characters in the early 100 percentages (fresh)? If not, it knocks them back pretty far to setup for edgeguarding.

Tbh, I'm just trying to understand how we're using the term "power" here. If it's killing power, Diddy definitely has it. Fair and dsmash are solid finishers and I think even bair has its uses in edgeguarding. If it's accumulating damage, Diddy can't do it as instantly as someone like Ganon (or kill as early), but it goes without saying that he's more liable to get more hits in over a shorter period of time, and unlike Ganon or Ike, he has actual setups into those kill moves. One vital difference between Diddy and such characters is that Diddy has an easier time landing the moves that he needs to just from standard game play. Characters with slower, unsafe moves often have to mind game their way into their laggier moves.
I agree. I was referring more to the power of the actual moves. And although slower characters have to 'mindgame' their actual moves, playing with diddy still involves mindames with nanas when you're playing someone who is used to handling banana play.

I think that Mr.E is stretching it a bit, and I'll assume that Minwu is telling some kind of joke that I don't understand.

I main G&W. He has awesome recovery and overall aerial game and nice smashes, on top he is fast.

Toon Link kicks ass too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)