- Ice Beam
- Curse
- Liquidation
- Tailwind
- Extrasensory
- Body Slam
- Mirror Coat

[Pros]

- Water is a decent defensive typing resists types like Fire / Ice / Water / Steel, with only 2 weaknesses
- Pressure allows this thing to stall out vital PP from the opponent
- Access to solid support options in the form of phasing (Roar), Tailwind, Reflect and Toxic
- Provides many opportunities for Scald rng to go your way, making this thing a fairly consistent status spreader
- Calm Mind sets can singlehandedly win games
- Is a very good boi

[Cons]

- Weak to Grass types and Electric types, which are both not uncommon
- Limited offensive movepool
- Requires setup to be threatening
- Vulnerable to haze / clear smog
- Can be taken advantage of by some setup mons
- Vulnerable to status if not running rest
- Rest / Sleep Talk sets rely on chance
- Countered by pokemon immune to water, e.g. Water Absorb / Storm Drain users
- Relies on Leftovers pretty heavily for recovery

[Potential Movesets]

Sub + Calm Mind

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 40 SpD / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Protect

CroCune

Suicune @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald

RoarCune

Suicune @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Roar
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk / Calm Mind

Offensive

Suicune @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam / Extrasensory
- Tailwind / Agility / Extrasensory

Last edited:
I don,t think that offensive Cune is viable, but if someone uses it, Extrasensory is a must, since otherwise its walled by Pex.
I honestly don't think it will be viable either, but I figured that in the interest of trying to capture what this mon can do it was worth including. Also, good call, I've slashed extrasensory in.

The EV spread for Vincoon is a bit outdated (+2 uninvested Rotom-A Volt Switch doesn't break sub) and because of the amount of slow bulky stuff in the meta (Heatran + co) you can afford to run a lot more bulk. The set I have been using is:

Deep Sea (Suicune) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 96 SpD / 60 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Protect
- Scald

60 Speed EVs hits 221, faster than a lot of Mandibuzz, most Heatran, etc. You could run more speed, but I think there isn't a need for a + speed nature. Max HP so you beat Chansey + Blissey is a must. I have enough SpDef on this set to avoid the 2HKO from Landorus-I Earth Power, Life Orb Clefable Moonblast is a roll to break the sub at +0. The Def EVs guarantee that Max Defense Ferrothorn Body Press doesn't break the sub. Both of them hit some other benchmarks, but it's difficult to remember because with even a little investment, Suicune is a demon. Its natural bulk is better than Toxapex, and mono-water is a fantastic defensive typing and a pretty good offensive one.

I've been using it on a nasty stall team with Nidoqueen TSpike support and Moltres for all the pesky physical attackers. With the proper support, this thing 6-0s unprepared teams at preview, and even prepared teams struggle with burn + PP stall.

This is a typeless V-Create
252 Atk Choice Band Victini V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 160-189 (39.6 - 46.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Victini V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 130-154 (42.7 - 50.6%) -- 2.3% chance to 2HKO

This beautiful water dog is just so damn bulky without being slow. the loss of megas and z moves helps him alot being able to wall threats, while being able to invest in speed is so nice with scald calm mind spam. People just don't giv eit enough credit atm, try suicune on bulky offensive and stall see how mjuch it's eight it can pull i garantee you won't be disapointed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)