Gen 8 Suicune Balance PEAKED 1823 ELO #155 ON OU LADDER.

Hello, im back with another team. This time it's with a more obscure and uncommon mon, Suicune. Suicune's main goal is to subsitute, and calm mind, while stalling opponents pp. I used the standard set, and I will explain the evs later.
:sm/suicune: :sm/weavile: :sm/magnezone: :sm/clefable: :sm/landorus-therian: :sm/toxapex:

PROOF OF PEAK:

Here is a screenshot of my account "LudwigFrog", being #155 on the OU ladder.
Screenshot (288).png

Teambuilding Process:

:suicune:
Suicune is a good but uncommon pokemon, mostly because it is unfun to go up against, and has some better options, like sub roost Kyurem. The main objective is to stock up on calm minds, for a sweep, while draining the opponents pp. Protect is on it help with leftovers recovery, and stall some pp. I gave it the speed evs so it can outspeed Adamant Bisharp, Timid Magnezone and Aegislash, and other base 60s. The phys def evs are to help on the physical side.

:suicune: :weavile:
Weavile is the main breaker for the team, and is a very splashable mon. It has a great speed tier and is strong, with a good offensive typing. Weavile helps deal with some pokemon Suicune hates, such as Infiltrator Dragapult, Slow things, and more.

:suicune: :weavile: :magnezone:
Both Suicune and Weavile don't enjoy the prescence of Ferrothorn, and Kartana being there, and it can somewhat deal with Scizor. It may not trap everything, but thunderbolt is still threatening to Tapu Fini and Toxapex. I run flash cannon as you need to chip Lando nowadays. Expert belt is so I can OHKO corv, and OHKO Ferrothorn at +4 def.

:suicune: :weavile: :magnezone: :clefable:
I personally think the Unaware Clefable is better than Magic Guard, as it checks Weavile, and other swords dance users. It sets rocks and can somewhat sweep with calm mind if all its checks are out of the way. The main threats to prevent it from sweeping are, Blissey, Heatran, Slowking Galar and Melmetal, which the rest of the team can deal with well.

:suicune: :weavile: :magnezone: :clefable: :landorus-therian:
Splashable mon. I put defog on it rather than stealth rock cause Clef has rocks. I gave it the speed evs so it can outspeed modest Magnezone and Aegislash.

:suicune: :weavile: :magnezone: :clefable: :landorus-therian: :toxapex:
Toxapex is the final mon for the team. The team was looking weak to Urshifu Weavile, and Victini. Victini can still Bolt strike, but Toxapex can keep it at bay. It clears toxic spikes, has Scald to chip ground types and possibly burn. It has toxic for status, and finally Haze as I don't want Volcarona setting up on me and sweeping. However you can run t spikes if Clefable is doing well enough checking those setup mons.

Threats: These are some of the main threats to the team.

Kartana: Specifically swords dance as Magnezone and Pex can deal with the other sets pretty well. Weavile can revenge kill it but its not really the most reliable as it can't Ohko it and its not a special attacker. Clef can deal with it if it dosen't have smart strike so its not the biggest threat.

Tapu Lele: This is one of the bigger threats. You don't have any reliable switch in. If you have Clefable set up, most likely they are gonna go for psyshock. Ive made the play by going into Weavile on this, setting up and sweaping, but its not consistent enough to be not that big of a deal. If Suicune is out and set up its not much of a threat tho, and you can protect to scout choiced attacks.

Kyurem: The sub roost set isn't a big deal, but the choice specs set is a different story. You have no reliable switch ins. The only way to beat it is to chip it with rocks, have a setup Clef, or a +2.5 Suicune. Weavile can revenge kill it but only to a certain degree. Scarf Kyurem isn't a threat as Clef can easily switch in recover and so on.

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/36bcaa3eaf9555c3

Other Teams

Specs Landorus in Rain: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/choice-specs-landorus-t-in-rain-1695.3689758/

Zeraora Endgame Sweep: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/zeraora-endgame-sweep-1700-made-top-500.3687971/

Last edited:

Fabriisse

formerly noobiste
since you' ve got haze toxapex, i don't think it' a necessity to run cleffa unaware, it's a lit bit sad not having letovers while running a cm set

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)