SM UU Sticky webs team, also some other hazards

Ight, I'm back with a somewhat improved team. Having multiple pokemon of the same type kinda makes me uncomfortable, idk why. Fix my team?

Araquanid @ Splash Plate
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 148 HP / 252 Atk / 108 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sticky Web
- Liquidation
- Lunge
- Toxic

Araquanid's the team web setter. I put toxic on it because I just love toxic. Liquidation is a STAB move, lunge is lunge and web is web. Kind of a sweeper to be honest. I almost always put it first so I can just yoink the webs quick and either attack or run away. Basically one of the most important team members in my team and the one that's worked the best for me.

Celebi @ Meadow Plate
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Giga Drain
- Dazzling Gleam
Celebi is a sweeper. To be honest, it's basically superior to shaymin in every way, shape and form. Just nasty plot that bad boy a couple of time and just destroy whatever's left of the opponent's team late game, and then you've got a decent chance of winning (That's if you don't play like garbage, which I often do lol) So that's Celebi

Bisharp @ Dread Plate
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
Mostly just for punishing defoggers and taking out things. It's got a hefty amount of resistances and good stats,
so you can mostly just throw it at any pokemon that's causing you trouble, unless it's something that's
REALLY snowballed, Bisharp can take it out

Altaria @ Leftovers
Shiny: Yes
IVs: 0 Atk
- Defog
- Toxic
- Dragon Pulse
- Roost
Altaria's confusing. Mega Altaria's UU, but regular Altaria isn't even tiered.
Someone told me that I should replace one of my pokemon with Altaria, so I did.
Not good, please help me replace it guys

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Serious Nature
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Roost
The rock setter and rock sweeper of the team, it's a pretty
good sweeper as well. It also lasts for long. I usually whip it out
after setting the webs so I can place them rocks and start sweeping.

Shaymin @ Fairium Z
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Seed Flare
- Dazzling Gleam
- Earth Power
- Psychic
I also don't like this. I mean, it's basically overshadowed by
Celebi so it doesn't do too much. It's got earth power tho, so
that kinda helps it.

Anyhow, please tell me what to replace and what to tweak, and how to play like a normal person. Also, as I've mentioned, having multiple pokemon
of the same type kinda makes me uncomfortable, so if you can fix that too then I'd appreciate it. Thanks a lot!

EDIT: I've considered adding a Whimsicott to the party if I find something to replace Celebi

Last edited:

esche

Frust kommt auf, denn der Bus kommt nicht
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
hi

i noticed a couple of things with your team and have a few suggestions that might help

:shaymin: --> :mimikyu:

mimikyu is a godsend for offensive teams centered around hazard stack (be it spikes or webs) bc of its ghost typing preventing/detering rapid spin and its ability to check a number of threatening offense killers such as scarf hydreigon and krookodile. of course it is also a formidable win condition.

:altaria: --> :mamoswine:

non-mega-altaria has no viable niche in uu and the team is in dire need of sth to stop mega manectric from volt swtiching around all day so mamo was a fine pick here. adamant life orb hits insanely hard and a super effective form of priority vs flying types/levitating dragons which are unaffected by webs is certainly appreciated on this team. no rocks on this one bc id rather use mamo to remove rotom-heat with a well-timed stone edge.

RE: :celebi: (:psychium_z: > :meadow_plate:)

this allows you to bop scizor after a nasty plot boost and a bit of chip damage which you certainly shouldnt have trouble getting with this team. and even if you miss out on the ko mimikyu will appreciate scizor low so that it can be picked off with shadow sneak later without being able to break disguise.

RE: :bisharp: (:life_orb: > :dread_plate:)

youre not really concerned with longevity on bisharp so the added power from life orb is likely the more optimal choice here. another minor nitpick but i dont see jolly being worth it as much except maybe to outpace offensive dd m-altaria (which is unaffected by webs on switchin in non-mega form).

RE: :araquanid:

seeing as the spider will be your lead most of the time it makes sense to opt for magic coat>toxic. the most essential reason for this change is the matchup versus opposing hazard offense which often (read almost exclusively) make use of froslass as their lead. magic coat allows you to reflect taunt back, prevent hazards and set your own web which is huge in the offense versus offense matchup. leech life > lunge gives araquanid better matchup versus hydreigon and i edited the spread to allow the spider to outpace 0 speed scizor outside of webs and 252 speed scizor under webs because it is one of the few bp resists on this team.

RE: :aerodactyl-mega:

ice fang > roost on aero gives you a tool to beat gligar 1v1 and to chip the dragons more reliably (plus having a more accurate move that hits flying/levitating mons is quite helpful). longevity isnt all that important on an alloutoffensive build such as this one so ditching roost is fine. however i did shift 40 evs from attack into hp to help with the scarf hydrei matchup a bit preventing dark pulse to ever 2hko from full hp.

disclaimer

on paper scizor just runs through this team but in practice it cant set up on anything comfortably and doesnt even get clean switchins. report back if you do find yourself struggling vs scizor and we can figure sth out but from what i can see its fine here to try and overwhelm scizor offensively instead of forcing some half-assed scizor check on this.

:mamoswine: :araquanid: :bisharp: :celebi: :aerodactyl-mega: :mimikyu:

^ click for import

lmk what you think and ask away if you have any questions

peace

Last edited:
hi

i noticed a couple of things with your team and have a few suggestions that might help

:shaymin: --> :mimikyu:

mimikyu is a godsend for offensive teams centered around hazard stack (be it spikes or webs) bc of its ghost typing preventing/detering rapid spin and its ability to check a number of threatening offense killers such as scarf hydreigon and krookodile. of course it is also a formidable win condition.

:altaria: --> :mamoswine:

non-mega-altaria has no viable niche in uu and the team is in dire need of sth to stop mega manectric from volt swtiching around all day so mamo was a fine pick here. adamant life orb hits insanely hard and a super effective form of priority vs flying types/levitating dragons which are unaffected by webs is certainly appreciated on this team. no rocks on this one bc id rather use mamo to remove rotom-heat with a well-timed stone edge.

RE: :celebi: (:psychium_z: > :meadow_plate:)

this allows you to bop scizor after a nasty plot boost and a bit of chip damage which you certainly shouldnt have trouble getting with this team. and even if you miss out on the ko mimikyu will appreciate scizor low so that it can be picked off with shadow sneak later without being able to break disguise.

RE: :bisharp: (:life_orb: > :dread_plate:)

youre not really concerned with longevity on bisharp so the added power from life orb is likely the more optimal choice here. another minor nitpick but i dont see jolly being worth it as much except maybe to outpace offensive dd m-altaria (which is unaffected by webs on switchin in non-mega form).

RE: :araquanid:

seeing as the spider will be your lead most of the time it makes sense to opt for magic coat>toxic. the most essential reason for this change is the matchup versus opposing hazard offense which often (read almost exclusively) make use of froslass as their lead. magic coat allows you to reflect taunt back, prevent hazards and set your own web which is huge in the offense versus offense matchup. leech life > lunge gives araquanid better matchup versus hydreigon and i edited the spread to allow the spider to outpace 0 speed scizor outside of webs and 252 speed scizor under webs because it is one of the few bp resists on this team.

RE: :aerodactyl-mega:

ice fang > roost on aero gives you a tool to beat gligar 1v1 and to chip the dragons more reliably (plus having a more accurate move that hits flying/levitating mons is quite helpful). longevity isnt all that important on an alloutoffensive build such as this one so ditching roost is fine. however i did shift 40 evs from attack into hp to help with the scarf hydrei matchup a bit preventing dark pulse to ever 2hko from full hp.

disclaimer

on paper scizor just runs through this team but in practice it cant set up on anything comfortably and doesnt even get clean switchins. report back if you do find yourself struggling vs scizor and we can figure sth out but from what i can see its fine here to try and overwhelm scizor offensively instead of forcing some half-assed scizor check on this.

:mamoswine: :araquanid: :bisharp: :celebi: :aerodactyl-mega: :mimikyu:

^ click for import

lmk what you think and ask away if you have any questions

peace
Thx man I really appreciate it

EDIT: Spelling

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)