SS UU Sticky Webs HO

So this is a webs team I’ve had quite some success with. It’s probably my favourite HO I’ve ever built, which is why I put it here rather than on discord so I can properly show it.

:ss/ribombee:
This is a decent sticky web lead as it has a decent speed tier. It can also paralyse something to make it easier for krook to set rocks and if the webs are later removed it can still slow down the opposing team. Araquanid is also another option I considered but I prefer to be able to paralyse an opponent or 2, as I previously mentioned.

:ss/krookodile:
With access to stealth rock and taunt, it makes a great second hazard setter. It can not only taunt defog attempts from mandibuzz and moltres but also cripple them with knock off, making it more difficult for them to switch in to my other 4 pokemon. It can also do the same to moltres-Galar which is important so it is more difficult to check Azelf.

:ss/azelf:
The main motive for making this team, nasty plot azelf is a great sweeper under webs. Webs make azelf very difficult to revenge kill without a scarf hydreigon which makes it even more threatening. Priority is annoying but none of the users can actually switch into Azelf.

:ss/thundurus-therian:
With a mighty 145 special attack stat, thundurus therian is a massive threat under webs. Tangrowth may seem annoying at first but even max SpDef AV Tangrowth is 2HKOed and it can’t hit back for much. Thundurus can also threaten defoggers like Moltres, Mandibuzz and even Salamence, threatening to OHKO all of them, however Thundurus requires a boost to OHKO Mence.

:ss/gyarados:
Dragon Dance Gyarados is an incredibly fun pokemon to use. The ability to snowball with moxie is great and clean up late game with the huge holes that it’s teammates have made in the opponents team. I decided to go with boots to make it easier to setup when there’s rocks up.

:ss/mimikyu:
This was originally Aegislash, but I thought this would make a better spin blocker as it’s not weak to the top tier excadrill. It can still pose a threat with swords dance, even though it’s not AS scary as Aegislash. Honestly my least favourite team member tbh but it still does it’s job well at keeping the webs up for my teammates.

Importable: https://pokepast.es/ebdaa385f95acdf1

avarice

greedy for love
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
Hi VikavoltIsEpik this looks like a fun webs team and it is def cool to see Krookodile getting utilized again.

Major Changes
:gyarados: :mimikyu: -> :azumarill: :aegislash:
Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Ice Punch

Aegislash @ Air Balloon
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Close Combat
- Shadow Sneak
Gyarados is pretty nice for stall mu, but your Azelf alongside Thundurus can handle it esp if you utilize Taunt Krookodile. Azumarill works similarly to Gyarados but the Fairy-typing is nice here for opposing Hydreigon. I opted for Ice Punch to remove Tangrowth from full + eliminate getting annoyed by Krookodile already Knocking foes like Skarmory. You mentioned trying Aegislash over Mimikyu already, but I think it is worth giving another go with Air Balloon. Switching between Balloon Aegis and Krookodile is great.

Minor Changes
:ribombee: :krookodile:
Ribombee @ Focus Sash
Ability: Shield Dust
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Moonblast
- Stun Spore
- U-turn

Krookodile @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
Ribombee doesn't really need Psychic coverage. U-turn to preserve Ribombee for later or Skill Swap for the opposing Hatterene matchup is much more useful. While laddering I found Iapapa handy on Krookodile for eating random hits and didn't really mind no Chople since it often lead to Taunting Skarm -> dying to Body Press -> setup while they cant whirlwind/tox., but this is arguably more of a personal preference since it hurts the lycan mu which is already rough for webs.

hope u consider some of these changes n enjoy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)