Announcement Stepping down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amaranth

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hello RBY community, I'll be brief. I'm stepping down from everything RBY related (except maybe OU C&C).

That means handing off the Discord server to phoopes, resigning from forum moderator, stepping down from RBY council, and giving up most C&C duties. Still ironing out the specifics of some of these exits, but by and large I'll be gone.

I've been happy to give myself to the RBY community and it's been great hearing from everyone who found any of my work helpful over the years. But the simple fact of the matter is that my passion for it is waning; I don't really remember the last time I challenged someone to an RBY OU game for fun. Smogon is Really Big and there are lots of things I want to do on it; I need to cut back on the things I don't want to do anymore, and RBY is one of them I'm afraid.

RBY deserves to be lead by someone who truly loves and enjoys the tier. I've been steering the boat and making sure it doesn't sink but I've hardly been sailing it anywhere new or exciting for a long time now. I hope whoever replaces me steps up to the task; this tier still holds a warm spot in my heart and I'd love to see it flourish. I just need a very serious break from it, or at least I need to give up everything else and be able to think of RBY as just a game rather than a responsibility, which I hope to do throughout the upcoming SPL season.

It's been an honor to be in charge of this tier and I am truly truly grateful for everything it gave me. I'll stick around on the sidelines and hopefully participate as any other player would for the foreseeable future. Thank you so much everyone :heart:

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Like I did for emma, just wanted to say a quick thank you for everything you've done for the community! It was cool getting promoted alongside you and it's been nothing but a pleasure working with someone so knowledgeable and good at the game. Makes me happy to hear you're still going to be participating in some capacity that you still enjoy. Best of luck with your future endeavors both on and off the site!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)