Steam Holiday Sale 2009

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
$25 for an old Call of Duty game by Treyarch seems expensive to me. I passed on it for $20 used already on 360 >.>;

I've never played a Civilization game in my life but I've been hearing about how awesome they are for the past decade. Last year, I held off on buying the Civ4 pack when it was 50% off, but now I don't think I can't buy it.

Firestorm said:
Max Payne I & II for $3.74
Holy shit :O if i had the cash, I would buy this faster than you can say his name.

Also saw L4D 75% off. Wondering if they are throwing the sequel lower before this ends... (hoping for it)

Firestorm

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
They already had Left 4 Dead 2 on sale on the second day iirc.

And goddammit. That's two days in a row now that Steam has put something on sale that I bought previously but haven't played yet. Civ4 Complete, I bought for $19.99 during the last weekend sale. Haven't even installed it yet. Crysis I bought for $14.99 but haven't touched and now both it and the sequel are $13.70 total.

I missed L4D2? Oh well, I have the console version so it's all good. I think I might pick up Half-Life Source if only because I played HL2 on XBOX360 and am interested in how the original played out--besides, it's only $2.50!

Also, I took a glance at Crysis and it looks good but Jesus look at those system requirements! Not something my laptop can handle.

Firestorm

Half-Life Source isn't too hot from what I understand. Seeing as you haven't played it yet and it has been 12 years, you might as well wait another year and hope Black Mesa is done. As long as you own The Orange Box on PC you'll be able to play it for free.

I think I might pick up Half-Life Source if only because I played HL2 on XBOX360 and am interested in how the original played out--besides, it's only $2.50!
If the original is cheaper (the one from 1998), buy it instead. from what I hear, they are exactly the same game, with some minor graphic updates on weapons and such, so they look and play exactly same.

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
i bought braid for £1.50, but thats about all i really wanted to buy, considering how sparingly i actually use steam.

Mass Effect and Portal for $5 each, huh? Man, I don't think I've ever bought this many videogames in such a short time.

Also Braid is amazing oh my god.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)