Starter-Pikachu Nature Hasty or Naive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone,

So I am new to the LG Metagame and I've seen that the usage stats for Starter-Pikachu has way more for Hasty than Naive (66% vs like 7%). I have a background in VGC and I am wondering why Hasty is preferred over Naive because isn't -Def bad for priority moves?

Maybe I am missing something about the LG metagame that would explain my confusion? I really want to make sure I have the best natured Pikachu as possible for my battles.

Looking forward to learning and thank you!

Eve

Bzzt!
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Community Leader
Hey everyone,

So I am new to the LG Metagame and I've seen that the usage stats for Starter-Pikachu has way more for Hasty than Naive (66% vs like 7%). I have a background in VGC and I am wondering why Hasty is preferred over Naive because isn't -Def bad for priority moves?

Maybe I am missing something about the LG metagame that would explain my confusion? I really want to make sure I have the best natured Pikachu as possible for my battles.

Looking forward to learning and thank you!
This post should probably belong in the LGPE Overused thread, but in general priority isn't overly common to the extent where it's worth worrying about. However, neither really is the nature Pikachu uses- it'll drop to most attacks regardless. Not running a -spdef nature means that Calm Mind Pika-S might be KO'd by a Mega Alakazam's Psychic through a boost after Stealth Rock damage which was somewhat worth considering early in the meta, but other than that specific example you should be fine running Hasty. Pokémon with low usage often have skewed values due to one or two people repeatedly using the same sets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)