Stage 3-2 Vote

Status
Not open for further replies.
Garchomp - OU
Latias - OU
Manaphy - OU

I believe that Manaphy should have an isolated test from Garchomp, as Garchomp created an environment of omnipresent Sand Storm created by its partner on almost every team, Tyranitar.

This killed any chance of any successful use of its Hydration ability, which was the most complained part of it several months ago if I recall.

Garchomp - Uber
Latias - OU
Manaphy - OU

Reasons for my votes:

This suspect test was my first experience with Garchomp. Prior to this test I would have considered it OU on paper. After using it and facing it, I feel that Garchomp should be uber based on the offensive characteristic. Its superb offensive typing, overall bulk, and the ability to bluff several deadly items made it very hard to prepare for Garchomp. Latias was hailed as the Pokemon to keep Garchomp in check, but Haban Berry or bluffing a Choice Scarf made Latias easy prey for Garchomp. Sand Veil is also an important factor. While it alone does not make Garchomp uber, considering its offensive prowess, missing against Garchomp will usually cost you the game.

Latias has been OU for a few months now and I don't think it's uber. The only difference in the suspect metagame was the addition of Garchomp and Manaphy, both of which Latias happened to be good checks for. However, with Tyranitar and Scizor on several teams in suspect, Latias was kept in check most of the time. Latias is definitely one of the best Pokemon in the game, but I don't think it falls under any of the characteristics of an uber.

I found Manaphy to be the most underwhelming of the three suspects and should be OU. Garchomp and Latias could take it out with ease. The Rain-Rest set was nearly impossible to use with Tyranitar being on several teams, which was the reason Manaphy was even considered to be Uber in the first place. It also greatly suffers from 4-moveslot syndrome. Not being able to use a certain move usually made it more prone to another counter. And of course, all sets were easily walled by Blissey. If Manaphy was EV'd to be bulky, I couldn't help but feel it was an inferior Suicune. If it was EV'd offensively, it was really easy to take down with a strong Thunderbolt or even a strong physical attack. For these reasons, I don't think Manaphy falls under any of the characteristics of an uber based on the suspect metagame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)