Ladder STABmons [OMotM November]

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Fighting doesn't even do enough to spdef ferro, it's not worth using. If you are weak to ferro use fire which also hits scizor for example, hp ground is still cool for tran it doesn't ko you with anything besides doom desire which is best by either protect or switching anyways, and unlike ferro it isn't going to leech seed you. Flame drive techno blast is the only thing besides ground judgment I'd run. But honestly plates are more niche ish, they don't help with boombursts power or longevity which is annoying.

At above, togekiss used to be good with shit like geo. It's tools were mostly banned so it's eh now.

Last edited:

EV

Banned deucer.
I'm going to rank my picks based on their impact on the metagame, which is to say these Pokemon are the ones that I think had the largest influence on how the metagame evolved while that particular threat was at its "height*" and still legal (and some still are). Listing 10 to 1, with 1 being the most influential.

*Access to the most tools (moves, items, abilities) at any one given time.

[No. 10]
Keldeo

Coming off its success as one of the BW titans, Keldeo has remained a top-metagame threat since XY's debut. While the weather nerf may have dampened its power, it was still hitting incredibly hard with Specs boosted Water Spouts alongside its Fighting coverage. Its power led to a ban this generation, as the council decided this little nuke was too hard to handle. It returned after the mid-gen reset, and even after gaining an upgrade to Scald with Steam Eruption, it hasn't been re-banned but maintains itself as one of the best Pokemon in the current metagame, sitting comfortably in the S-rank tier.​
[No. 09]
Porygon-Z

If there was ever a Pokemon that defined the word "nuke" best, it would be Porygon-Z. Sure, STABmons has a long history of nukes, but few rival the raw damage output of an Adaptability boosted STAB Specs Boomburst, a move so powerful it could even 2HKO Chansey with Rocks up. Being a Normal type, PZ also took advantage of the plethora of boosting moves available to it, the foremost being Shell Smash. Even without boosting moves it had access to the unpredictable Download mixed set, which capitalized on a steady output of power across both attack stats, and there was even the mixed Adaptability set, which still hit hard without needing to rely on the correct stat boost. Overall, PZ had few checks and counters, especially if it ran a Judgment set, often leaving Ghosts as the only safe switch in. End result: banned.​
[No. 08]
Sylveon

Sylveon is a lot like Porygon-Z. It carries an ability that transforms its main attack--Boomburst--into a powerhouse of pain. It runs mixed sets incredibly well and can also slap on a Plate to catch lures off guard with Judgment. It also abused boosting moves while they were legal, such as Shell Smash, but it had a few other tricks that PZ lacked. One was Geomancy, a one-time +2 boost to three of its stats without any reductions (unlike Shell Smash). The second was its typing, which allowed it to hit a different range of threats super-effectively, which Normal can never do, and also gave it an unblockable Rapid Spin. This threat of the offensive Fairy revenger (mixed FakeSpeed remains its most popular set) has severely reduced the viability of Dark, Dragon, and Fighting-type Pokemon as a whole and kept Steel-types high in the usage stats. It was banned once before but stayed unbanned after the mid-gen reset when it lost access to Geomancy and other moves. Still, it's probably the most influential threat in the metagame currently.​
[No. 07]
Mega Lopunny

Mega Lopunny was among the ORAS megas that saw the least amount of play time after its initial release, but while it was still legal it was a metagame defining force. Thanks to Scrappy, it had unparalleled coverage between its two STABs, leaving the door open to fill the other half of its moveset with status moves. Its most lethal set was the combination of Lovely Kiss to disable a foe, Belly Drum to instantly gain +6 Attack, and STAB Extreme Speed and Drain Punch to blow through the opposing team. Because of its Speed, it didn't fear enemy FakeSpeed attempts, as it only took the initial Fake Out damage before hitting back with its own faster Extreme Speed. Other sets saw the use of Substitute or Protect over Lovely Kiss to bypass revenge attempts anyway, as repeated Fake Outs could still take out the bunny. When the banlist reset mid gen, it came back with fewer tools to abuse, but today it remains the top spot for mega usage and sports a wicked Swords Dance set that is something all teams need to prepare for.​
[No. 06]
Kyurem-Black

No other Pokemon in STABmons elicited the reaction "Why is this legal?" more than Kyurem-Black did. With STABmons granting it access to a long-overdue physical Ice STAB and a setup move in Dragon Dance, K-B now had all the things it was missing that have kept it out of Ubers for the last two generations. Thanks to its incredible bulk and decent number of resistances, it had ample opportunity to setup with Dragon Dance, and sometimes that's all it took to say GG. Mold Breaker left its checks and counters list low: Mega Venu's Thick Fat, Rotom's Levitate, and Clefable's Unaware became useless in the face of the dragon. Between Banded, mixed, and Substitute sets, you never knew what you were staring down, making prediction key at defeating this threat. End result: banned.​
[No. 05]
Mega Scizor

STABmons is generally defined by three things: (1) revenging with FakeSpeed; (2) crazy setup moves; and (3) insane hard-hitting attacks. One could argue that Mega Scizor was the quintessential STABmons threat in that regard, as it fully took advantage of the latter two things while being un-revengeable by the first. Shift Gear and Gear Grind were Mega Scizor's bread-and-butter, but it took a while for players to recognize just how potent the strategy was, as we were all too busy focusing on other megas and Geomancy / Shell Smash [insert Fairy / Normal-type here]. Once Mega Scizor was "discovered," however, the metagame never looked the same. Very few things could stomach a +1 150 BP Gear Grind, leaving normal physical checks such as Landorus-T as setup fodder, and driving up the usage of Rotom-W, Zapdos, and Heatran to name a few, but even Pokemon that resisted Steel were felled by the powerful attack, and there was no reliable way to revenge it with priority, either. Calls to ban the metal bug ratcheted up just before the infamous mechanics change kicked in, which ultimately saved (and neutered) Mega Scizor. Then, after the reset, Shift Gear's ban saved it again. It may not be anywhere as potent or popular as it once was, but at its height Mega Scizor was a dominating force.​
[No. 04]
Thundurus

On paper, Thundurus doesn't jump out as a top-tier threat on the level of other monsters such as Mega Scizor or Sylveon, who both had access to new setup and new, Earth-shattering attacks. But where other Pokemon operated with in-your-face lethality, Thundurus was a more subtle sort of poison. Sure, we recognized it as a threat, ranking it in the S tier for the entirety of its time in the metagame, but it was never that flashy. In practice, it only deviated from the "standard" OU set with one move, Oblivion Wing, but that one move changed everything. Once Lcass "discovered" Thundurus's stallbreaker set, stall never recovered, forever cementing STABmons as an offense-only club. Nasty Plot / Taunt / Thunderbolt / Oblivion Wing sets with a Life Orb were so good and so popular, Pokemon such as Chansey and Unaware Clefable, the go-tos for countering special setup, were completely invalidated. Most of the time, all Thundurus needed was support from its teammates to remove FakeSpeeders, making its cousin Rocky Helmet Landorus-T a common ally. Thundurus's switch-ins were so few it led to the rise of Scarfed revengers such as Tyranitar and Landorus-T, but they still had to watch out for Focus Blast and a powerful STAB Oblivion Wing, respectively. Of this list, Thundurus is the Pokemon that stayed in the metagame the longest, making its ban controversial to many, while leaving others wondering why it hadn't been kicked out long ago. Once it was gone, the metagame actually experienced the most stability ever, allowing stall to reclaim, albeit tentatively, a tiny foothold in the metagame. End result: banned.​
[No. 03]
Sableye

When newcomers start playing STABmons they usually reach for the "cheap" strategies, things like Focus Sash + Tail Glow + Speed Boost Yanmega, White Herb + Shell Smash + Water Shuriken Cloyster, and Prankster + Spore Whimsicott. But no Pokemon has been considered as cheap as Sableye in the history of STABmons. At its peak, Sableye was on just about every team, sporting a combination of Dark Void and Parting Shot, a combo that crippled one target while then crippling the next that switch in, thus granting momentum to your team and giving you the chance to set up on a less powerful opponent. Dark Void Sableye become so ubiquitous with STABmons it created things like Scarf Sleep Talk Heatran (w0rd's idea I think) and everything-has-a-Lum Berry. Thanks to Parting Shot's mechanics, even things such as Magic Bounce couldn't save you from grief, as your switch-in (Espeon) would be shuffled back out or, if the Sableye player carried it, get bonked with a Knock Off first and then shuffled. Sableye was, to say the least, extremely annoying and difficult to break. Taunt Thundurus was one of the few reliable stops to it along with Mega Diancie or a Scrappy mon like Mega Lopunny or Kangaskhan. After Dark Void's ban the Ghost plummeted in usage, but it's still very viable and quite underrated, as Parting Shot and Topsy-Turvy retain their anti-meta utility to this day.​
[No. 02]
Mega Altaria

Nothing has ever been as deadly to the majority of the STABmons metagame as Mega Altaria. It had the perfect storm of strategies, all coalescing into a titan of versatility. Normal move access? Check. Top-tier typing? Check. Amazing ability? Check. Good stats all around? Check. If you ever played against Mega Altaria, you remember how difficult it was to handle. Was your Heatran going to sponge a Fake Out or Boomburst, or was it going to eat an Earthquake instead? Was your Chansey going to tank a Boomburst, or was she going to stare down a +6 Attack cotton ball dragon monster? With so many options and all of them equally as good you could literally just slap on any one of Swords Dance, Shell Smash, Belly Drum, or Dragon Dance with Extreme Speed and two coverage moves or Lovely Kiss and type "GG." Even without its setup sets it was a terror, because it could revenge with FakeSpeed while still obliterating physical walls with Boomburst, or it could Rapid Spin, or run some quasi-support sets. Very few Pokemon could stand up to it, leaving stuff like Mega Venu (a very subpar mega at the time), Mega Scizor, Ferrothorn, or Air Balloon Heatran as "checks." It would have claimed the top spot in this list if it had had more time to influence the metagame. Fortunately its flame burned quickly and the council had it snuffed, but even in the short time it was on the ladder, Mega Altaria bent the metagame to its will. End result: banned.​
[No. 01]
Diggersby

By and large, FakeSpeed has been the face of STABmons since the strategy was discovered as an "anti-meta" approach to handle the enormous amount of setup that has always plagued it. Very quickly, however, FakeSpeed went from anti-meta to meta and no team is truly complete without it. Enter the most influential FakeSpeeder, and thus, the most influential Pokemon to grace the STABmons ladder: Diggersby. Diggersby was so effective at what it did there were no other competitors to the FakeSpeed strategy. Nothing else hit as hard and was as reliable as the digging bunny. Sure, Guts Ursaring was stronger with its ability activated, but it was on a timer and much easier to exploit with chip damage and careful switching. Diggersby always maintained its edge on other revengers because its secondary type, Ground, gave it a STAB attack to hit most of the Rock- and Steel-types that resisted Normal, forcing people to run Skarmory, a bad Pokemon, if they wanted a reliable answer. When ORAS rolled around, it gained an even stronger Precipice Blades, a move that could 2HKO former checks such as Ferrothorn and Quagsire. The ORAS tutors also cemented it as an unpredictable threat with access to the elemental punches and Knock Off, the move that killed Gengar's role as one of its best checks. And let's not forget how it could setup in the blink of an eye while still operating as a FakeSpeeder, because that fourth slot had room for Shell Smash, Belly Drum, or Swords Dance. All in all, Diggersby was not as versatile as other titans like Mega Altaria, Sylveon, or Kyurem-Black, but it was so specialized in its role as a revenger for so long, nothing else can compare to its influence across the history of STABmons. Considering it took three (!) suspect attempts to ban it, making it the most controversial ban this generation, we can recognize just what a stranglehold Diggersby had on the metagame. End result: banned.​

*Edit: Added 11 - 15 below.
11. Mega Metagross
12. Landorus-T
13. Mega Aerodactyl
14. Landorus
15. Greninja

Last edited:
Why exactly is King Shield allowed in this tier? It causes unnecessary 50:50s and is the main reason that Aeglislash was banned from OU. I just don't understand why such a move is allowed in this tier, when every steel type can use it with almost no backdraw.

Aegislash was banned for a lot of reasons, not just KS. One of them was how it's ability interacted with KS, effectively giving it a 700 BST in some situations. Heatran, for example, doesn't have this ability and so KS isn't much more than a glorified protect.

Kings shield has a few backdraws, the biggest one being that it's a complete momentum killer. If I use kings shield and you do anything but use a contact move, then I just wasted a turn. If you switch out, setup, heal, etc. then you literally gain a full turn for free. This can be seen in the mega lopunny vs [any steel type] matchup. If I think I'm clever for clicking KS hoping you HJK into it, but you click SD instead then I'll likely lose the game, or at least a Pokémon for free. This isn't just a random 50/50, there's a lot of thought that goes into how safe these plays are in the current situation and how big the payoff is for each player.

Aegislash was banned for a lot of reasons, not just KS. One of them was how it's ability interacted with KS, effectively giving it a 700 BST in some situations. Heatran, for example, doesn't have this ability and so KS isn't much more than a glorified protect.

Kings shield has a few backdraws, the biggest one being that it's a complete momentum killer. If I use kings shield and you do anything but use a contact move, then I just wasted a turn. If you switch out, setup, heal, etc. then you literally gain a full turn for free. This can be seen in the mega lopunny vs [any steel type] matchup. If I think I'm clever for clicking KS hoping you HJK into it, but you click SD instead then I'll likely lose the game, or at least a Pokémon for free. This isn't just a random 50/50, there's a lot of thought that goes into how safe these plays are in the current situation and how big the payoff is for each player.
Now, you're giving the people, who use KS, too much credit.

Yes, the one using KS loses momentum, if he mispredicts. But so does the opposing player. If I predict him to not KS, but he does, my attack drops and I lose a lot of momentum. Taking Lefties into account - next to the attack drop - I might not be able to KO it next turn, resulting in my OP Setting up Rocks or Leech Seeds. I might also predict a KS and SD, just to get smacked by Gyro Ball + Iron Barbs.

As I said, you make it sound as if this Move is healthy for the game. It just forces unnecessary 50:50.

I can understand that People like to use that move and want to justify it. But it really isn't healthy for the game and forces stupid 50:50s that might be game-deciding.

And again, the main pro-Ban argument that was stated in the discussion Thread back then, was the 50:50s caused by KS.

EV

Banned deucer.
It's just not the same without Stance Change.

In STABmons, the most common users of KS are Heatran and Ferrothorn, who both use it defensively. Setting up SR or Leech Seed happen all the time without KS in play, so I don't know why you're complaining about that, and Heatran and Ferrothorn are not going to win the game because they got those moves in "for free." I've actually found KS to be a liability in a lot of scenarios because of the free turns it can grant for the opponent, as many people know Tran/Ferro often have it, and can re-use Fake Out, Swords Dance, use Earthquake, etc to burn your turn, thus making it a riskier play for the KS user. It also fails to do anything against a Defiant mon such as Braviary. Do I attack it with Blue Flare or risk a Superpower / Swords Dance? These are questions you have to ask yourself when facing any setup mon in STABmons, as attacking on the turn you think the target will setup is often the best option instead of switching or using KS, and for Pokemon without KS, the 50/50 is still relevant.

You could probably compare a more offensive Steel like Mega Scizor to Aegislash, which can use KS drops to buy extra turns to setup Swords Dance, but it really likes having Roost + coverage. Offensive Heatran uses the move to combo with Doom Desire, but considering DD's timer, there are two possible turns when the Heatran will KS, giving the opponent time to react accordingly (which is where Roar comes into play).

The Sucker Punch + Pursuit combo, in my opinion, is worse, as there are more offensive Dark-types that can capitalize on the 50/50. Tyranitar with Dragon Dance, Bisharp and Weavile with Swords Dance, and Crawdaunt with either setup move come to mind. They're all more likely to win you the game due to a misprediction than the Steel-types above, but they've never been the cause for concern, mainly because PixiSpeed and FakeSpeed (the latter bar versus Tyranitar and a healthy Bisharp) exist to keep them in check.

tl;dr - It's riskier for the KS user because the misplay can cost them the match, whereas the setup mon will usually just take a chunk of damage. There are no sweepers with KS and no Pokemon that can abuse Stance Change. Defensive Heatran and Ferrothorn don't win games with it.

It's also kinda one of those "cheap" strategies everyone complains about when they first start playing STABmons, similar to how Transform Chansey and Prankster Spore are annoying until you learn how to play around them. Counterplays to consider are Substitute and Taunt, making yourself "imposterproof" (a bit harder to do in STABmons), switching to a Grass-type/Magic Bouncer, bringing a Defiant mon, attacking with a special attacker, etc etc.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Or just simply don't make contact. (It's not like if using contact on Ferrothorn is a good idea anyways). I get that KOff is great and that some moves like Dragon Ascent and the oh-so-loved FakeSpeed are contact and they are all spammable, but they are not your only option. It's not like if it's forcing you to run Special either since some moves like EQuake (Which Heatran hates) are non-contact

EV

Banned deucer.
Post #2 updated. Also, can we please talk about this:

9.66%
Gear Grind, Bullet Punch, U-turn, Superpower, Pin Missile, King's Shield, Swords Dance, Pursuit, Sticky Web
[Technician 77%, Swarm 22% | Choice Band 51%, Life Orb 22%, Leftovers 15%]

Sylveon.

Penny saved is still a fucking penny
Maybe some attack order/defend order/heal order shenanigans, Idk, I'm out of ideas. :/

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
No shit. That doesn't answer my question. Last month Technician was >90%. I'm trying to figure out why Swarm jumped.

The mega is listed separately. Those numbers are for base Scizor only.
Well since you don't like my joke, the answer is p obvious. The ladder isn't that active. Regular scizor isn't that common. One or two kids using swarm scizor and playing a ton is enough to skew usage stats like that.

No Sun & Moon hype? Let's fix that. Small list of cute things.

Accelerock

- rampardos

Anchor Shot

- celesteela
- ferrothorn

Baneful Bunker

- toxapex
- venusaur

Beak Blast

- landorus-t

Burn Up

- char-y
- volcanion

Clanging Scales

- a-eggy
- latios

Core Enforcer

- drampa
- dragalge

Dragon Hammer

- all dragons! fuck dragon claw

First Impression

- m-hera
- esca

Fleur Cannon

- tapu koko
- m-garde

Liquidation

- fuck waterfall

Lunge

- bugs

Moongeist Beam

- gengar

Power Trip

- tyranitar

Psychic Fangs

- medicham
- metagross

Shore Up

- garchomp
- hippo

Spectral Thief

- dhelmise
- fuck shadow claw

Spirit Shackle

- we'll see

Sunsteel Strike

- fuck iron head

Throat Chop

- fuck sylveon

EV

Banned deucer.
No Sun & Moon hype? Let's fix that. Small list of cute things.

Accelerock

- rampardos

Anchor Shot

- celesteela
- ferrothorn

Baneful Bunker

- toxapex
- venusaur

Beak Blast

- landorus-t

Burn Up

- char-y
- volcanion

Clanging Scales

- a-eggy
- latios

Core Enforcer

- drampa
- dragalge

Dragon Hammer

- all dragons! fuck dragon claw

First Impression

- m-hera
- esca

Fleur Cannon

- tapu koko
- m-garde

Liquidation

- fuck waterfall

Lunge

- bugs

Moongeist Beam

- gengar

Power Trip

- tyranitar

Psychic Fangs

- medicham
- metagross

Shore Up

- garchomp
- hippo

Spectral Thief

- dhelmise
- fuck shadow claw

Spirit Shackle

- we'll see

Sunsteel Strike

- fuck iron head

Throat Chop

- fuck sylveon
It's all in the Gen 7 thread cuz this is technically still the ORAS thread.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
What naturally learns Shore Up anyways?

EDIT
Ok I learnt that Sandygast family learns it.

And can I say, Hippowdon will be having a field day.

Look at this quote from Serebii:

"Heals up to 50% of maximum Hit Points. Heals 100% of maximum Hit Points in a Sandstorm"

Stall and Balance for SuMo STABmons? Sign me fucking up!!

Last edited:
Reactions: nv

Sylveon.

Penny saved is still a fucking penny

EDIT

"Heals up to 50% of maximum Hit Points. Heals 100% of maximum Hit Points in a Sandstorm"

Fuck, 100% health, you sure it isn't 75% like moonlight etc.
If it is 100%, even I will switch to stall

dhelmise

everything is embarrassing
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
Fuck, 100% health, you sure it isn't 75% like moonlight etc.
If it is 100%, even I will switch to stall

EDIT

It's actually neither; Serebii is normally factually wrong on a lot of mechanics. Shore Up restores 50% of the user's maximum health outside of sand; in sand, however, it restores 66.7% of the user's maximum health. Not 75% or 100%.

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Don't forget Tyranitar also gets Shore Up from Pupitar and Larvitar. Bulky set up Ttar sounds very good this gen, especially since it's immune to prankster and -Ate was nerfed. No set because I'm on mobile.

EDIT: Sets
Tyranitar @ Tyranitarite / Lum Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Shore Up
- Diamond Storm
- Thousand Arrows

This set seems fairly selfexplanatory to me. It's Tyranitar, now with recovery. Other options could be Knock Off, Power Trip, possibly Accelerock? Actually speaking of Accelerock here's another fun set.

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Accelerock
- Knock Off
- Diamond Storm
- Precipice Blades / Thousand Arrows

I'm not sure what to ev to outspeed so I went with the default spread but this seems cool.

Celesteela @ Leftovers / Rocky Helmet
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Oblivion Wing
- Roost
- Leech Seed
- King's Shield

Celesteela has insane bulk, and imo basically outclasses Skarmory in most regards. Notably it does not get hazards or phazing however. It get an amazing amount of staying power, great typing, and good mixed bulk

Celesteela @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Oblivion Wing
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

I think an AV set could be cool too. Especially if Sylveon is dominant again. Oblivion Wing is the really mandatory move on here for recovery, the rest is just sort of thrown on.

Tapu Koko @ Choice Band / Life Orb
Ability: Electric Surge
Jolly Nature
- Bolt Strike
- Play Rough
- U-turn / Volt Switch
- Brave Bird / Roost

This set is so good.

252 Atk Choice Band Tapu Koko Bolt Strike vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew in Electric Terrain: 439-517 (128.7 - 151.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Tapu Koko Bolt Strike vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew in Electric Terrain: 382-450 (112 - 131.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

It hits hard, it hits fast, and it helps with all the goddamn sleep spam. Tapu Koko also outspeeds and OHKOs Mega Pidgeot, although it can just barely switch in on Timid Boomburst without rocks.

252 SpA Mega Pidgeot Boomburst vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Koko: 223-264 (79.3 - 93.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

This guy is fast, strong, and finally has actual stabs to use. I am so excited about it you have no idea.

Kartana @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sunsteel Strike
- Power Whip
- Sacred Sword

Another fast, powerful attacker, this time one that says screw you to anything Unaware. It's good physical bulk and resistance to FakeSpeed will stand it in good stead.

Araquanid @ Choice Band
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- U-turn
- Crabhammer
- Poison Jab

Power.

Last edited:
I'm back from my long absence to put up a set that is pretty good imo.

HERE COMES THE BOOM (Kartana) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance / Shift Gear
- Bullet Punch
- Power Whip / Wood Hammer
- Sacred Sword

Toxapex walls it? Not anymore.
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Kartana Power Whip vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 348-411 (114.4 - 135.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Worried about Skarm?
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Kartana Sacred Sword vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 186-220 (55.6 - 65.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Worried about Aegislash?
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Kartana Power Whip vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Shield: 230-270 (70.9 - 83.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Worried about FakeSpeed?
252+ Atk Silk Scarf Huge Power Diggersby Fake Out vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kartana: 40-48 (15.4 - 18.5%) -- possible 6HKO
252+ Atk Silk Scarf Huge Power Diggersby Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kartana: 80-95 (30.8 - 36.6%) -- 67.2% chance to 3HKO

And look at what it does in return.
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Kartana Sacred Sword vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Diggersby: 811-957 (260.7 - 307.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Oh, and it has STAB priority.
This thing is B R O K E N.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Yh all that held back Kartana is a lack of powerful STAB, and a slightly trolly speed tier. Both of those things are remedied. When you can this mich to Aegislash with a resisted hit regardless if boosted its busted.

+2 252 Atk Life Orb Kartana Power Whip vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Shield: 230-270 (70.9 - 83.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)