Resource SS UU Role Compendium [08/16/2022 update, see post #52]

I'm wondering when this thread is going to be updated with the latest drops/rises from UU. I'm willing to suggest where a few of the placements should be though.
I'm also wondering if the thread should add a role for knockers, as it seems pretty vital on most teams.
Scizor: Defensive/offensive pivot, physical wallbreaker. Swords Dance-user + CBer. Defogger (technically). Priority user with Bullet Punch.
Hippowdon: Physical + special + mixed wall. Stealth Rocker. Sand Stream user.

Luirromen

:]
is a Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
Thanks for updating! Just a couple of things
Remove:
Sylveon from Choice Specs users
Komoo-o from Dragon Dance users

Add:
Slowking on Nasty Plot users
Lycanroc-Dusk on Choice Band users
Diggersby and Scizor on Priority users, more specific Quick Attack
Roserade on Aromatheraphy could be added even if it almost never runs the move

Move:
Mantine from other Rain abusers to Swift Swim users

Last edited:
Add:
Keldeo to Special and Mixed Wallbreakers
Stallbreaker section? It seems to be completely gone
Marowak-Alola to Physical Wallbreakers
Togekiss to Choice Specs and Choice Scarf
Dhelmise to Swords Dance users (the trapper set with Anchor Shot)
Salazzle to Special Wallbreakers and Nasty Plot Users
Umbreon to Mixed Walls

I recall seeing a format in another role compendium that I found interesting and believe that can be applied here. In some sections they do / to distinguish between viable or standard users of the move and Pokemon that can use the move but don't really, akin to standard vs other options in UU analyses. This can help newer users know which Pokemon are best at doing this role vs Pokemon you can try out but are not very effective. An example can be:

Stealth Rock:
/

Where the mons in front of the slash are standard users of it and the ones behind it can use Stealth Rock but it is not too optimal. I'll do a few more examples below, this would pretty much just be for move and item users.

Defog:
/

(just nuke tornadus and noivern outright)

Choice Scarf:
/

(nuke Rotom-H and maybe chandelure)

Swords Dance:
/

Beyond the general idea of adding slashes there should be a few more changes

-remove Azelf from physical wallbreakers. The slash idea doesn't really fit there and its certainly not a physical wallbreaker
-remove Quiver Dance section
-add Scizor to offensive pivots, I'd say it can fit there if the rotoms fit as well
-I'd remove Reuniclus from defensive pivots, but add it to special wallbreakers
-add Mamoswine, Swampert, and Darmanitan to choice band but they would be after the slash
-add Hatterene and Salamence to choice specs users
-add Jirachi to meteor beam users
-add Slowking to trick room users
-add Salazzle to Nasty Plot
-add Seismitoad to rain abusers

So the idea is that Azelf can use SR, while being an asset to the team, but only if your team really needs what Azelf offers and really needs SR, but can't fit a separate Mon.

Sulo

pure heroine
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
National Dex Leader
So the idea is that Azelf can use SR, while being an asset to the team, but only if your team really needs what Azelf offers and really needs SR, but can't fit a separate Mon.
If it can fit it in its moveset, yes. It allows Pokemon like Cobalion to use the extra moveslot since Azelf is performing that role. Stealth Rock Azelf can also be a suicide lead on hyper offense teams, but Nasty Plot sets are generally preferred as of now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)