King K Rool (Krookodile) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 200 Atk / 52 Def / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Scale Shot
- Hone Claws
- High Horsepower
- Power Trip

Moxie Krookodile is a great sweeper if it can get a scale shot up and moxie boost up. Even better it can bait in azumiril aqua jet and get weakness boost of switch in on u/flip turn. Krook also functions as a volt switch blocker for slowking/tentacruel. I have found it is not too bulky and tweaked that a little but otherwise it gets too slow / weak maybe assault vest and swap hone claws for crunch or coverage. P Trip one shots gastrodons and 2 hits skarmory when weakness and scale shot go off. Hone claws gives accuracy for scale shot and high horsepower and gives 2 buffs to p trip

Beeg Brain (Slowking) @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Scald
- Psychic
- Slack Off
- Teleport

Slowking runs colbur berry for knock offs and psychic to break poison types like tentacruel and nidoking/queen. Scald burns are useful for naturalizing physical attackers where my team lacks a physical wall teleport allows my gryados and nidoking to get in safely while also covering poison for tapu bulu. It also walls pokemon like necrozma and deals 70-90 to scarf darmanatan with scald

Tentickles (Tentacruel) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Sludge Bomb
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin

Tentacruel is my spinner and knock off user if it can bait in taunts wasting their turn. It's a suprisingly good counter to sun venasuar's giga drain scald again for burns and this is another special wall that baits a u-turn out for some mons rapid spin also shuts down some whimsicott sets and outspeeds most things with +1 If there was anything that needed to be replaced it would be tentecruel

Gary (Gyarados) @ Lum Berry
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang
- Power Whip

Gyrados works well as a dual moxie sweeper with krookodile it baits and thundurous t and kills with ice fang after a dragon dance waterfall is good damage with a decent flinch and power whip deals with hippowdon and milotic. Lum berry cancels t waves or toxics from walls possibly breaking skarnory and mandibuzz with a 2hko at +1. It also kills rotom wash with power whip at +1

Da King (Nidoking) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Nidoking has a lot of coverage being my second and only strong special attacker but brings lots of coverage and helps break skarmory and mandibuzz it's a general lead as sludge wave is just strong and coverage is great but it is rather frail dying to slowking and politoad scald gyrados ice fang pretty much anything super effective. However Nidoking counters hippowdon and excadrill - (not sash)

Hawaiian Bull (Tapu Bulu) @ Life Orb
Ability: Grassy Surge
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Horn Leech
- Stone Edge
- Zen Headbutt

Tapu Bulu allows early fast wall break and grassy terrain vs hippowdon and excadrill for nido- lower eq power It also provides passive healing and coverage for fighting types SD allows it to set up and potentially sweep or at least severely damage physical walls aluzarmill flip turns out of belly drums on bulu and with the right read can be devastating on the team.

TLDR: This team works well at breaking down physical walls and the wiping the rest off the team it finishes games quickly most of the time but skarmory is a big problem I don't have an hazards of my own so defog wouldn't be to bad but stick webs would work well too. I thin The Krook Gyra Bulu Offensive core works well and can cover most non stall teams. I am lacking heal bell so burns and paras may cripple some pokemon. Sorry if this is lengthy this is my firs post.

The Team Looks Pretty Solid Overall , it hits hard and can finish games quickly.
Here some things that could be changed :

.Nidoking could Run Fire Blast Instead of Ice Beam if you want which helps against opposing Skarmory since it does counter most of your team.

.Krookodile Could Change High Horsepower for Earthquake since it does more damage and has higher accuracy.
.Krookodile Could run Knock Off instead of Hone Claws considering that its not the best to Setup with because of its defenses.
.If you change The Weakness Policy for Assault Vest you should run Earthquake , Stone Edge / Rock Slide , Crunch And Iron Tail / Close Combat / Outrage / Aqua Tail. It can also a Stealth Rock set which could help give a better range for OHKOs but run Intimidate instead of Moxie.

Those Are My Suggestions that you could use if you want.
Goodbye!

Last edited:
There's Grassy Terrain here, I thought of that too, but it seems ok either way.
I forgot that Grassy Terrain halves the power of Earthquake , Bulldoze and Magnitude.
It doesn't make the biggest difference if Grassy Terrain is not on the field but it could if it is.

Now that i think about it , High Horsepower could be better than Earthquake on this team.

It's worth noting all 6 are weak to Freeze-Dry. It's not crazy common but a few things can have it in UU(I checked idk other metas than BSS.) Otherwise I would merely agree on Fire Blast/Flamethrower. For fire coverage, which is not present atm.

avarice

greedy for love
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
Hey raccoonator this team seems fun but non-Stealth Rock Krookodile is a liability and you currently do not have any hazards at all. "Overload" type concepts are best on hyper offense when using too many Pokemon with not a lot of defensive utility. There is also a lack of speed control that can make opposing offensive teams scary. To keep the team based around the Krookodile-Gyara-Bulu core a more offensive route felt best.

Major Changes
:slowking: ->:necrozma:
Necrozma @ Power Herb
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Meteor Beam
- Photon Geyser
- Heat Wave
- Stealth Rock
Hazards are needed for every team. Even in Sword and Shield games where you can run into teams where half the team is running Heavy-Duty Boots hazards make a solid amount of progress in longer games. Stealth Rock has uses against more offensive teams too, like chunking Darmanitan on Sun and breaking focus sashes. Necrozma beats a fair amount of hazard removal and is able to keep them up decently. Its inclusion also gives you a more reliable means of pressuring Skarmory teams.

:nidoking: :tentacruel: -> :slowbro-galar: :scizor:
Slowbro-Galar @ Quick Claw / Grassy Seed
Ability: Quick Draw
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Sludge Wave
- Fire Blast
- Hydro Pump / Grass Knot

Scizor @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Dual Wingbeat
Nidoking and Tentacruel are already relatively niche Pokemon and do not really fit onto super offensive structures at the same time. You already have an Electric-immunity in Krookodile and plenty of breaking power so Nidoking seemed to not contribute much. Tentacruel has removal that is not necessary on hyper offense. To round out the team Galarian Slowbro and Scizor have been best. Slowbro is able to cheese wins with its solid coverage options. Scizor is a menace at +2 and fills the role of a missing Steel-type for this squad-- adding a fair amount of defensive utility with additional setup opportunities.

Minor Changes
:sandile:
Krookodile @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- High Horsepower
- Knock Off
- Iron Tail
- Scale Shot
Moxie Krookodile is kinda a meme either way but running 4 Attacks makes it easier to actually pull off a sweep compared to Weakness Policy.

The team still lacks natural speed but the priority and natural bulk of Necrozma can make up for it. Hope you try out these changes they were fun to ladder with. Welcome to Smogon!

since i dont like going for a HO approach....

Change Nidoking -> nihilego because we are fitting rocks on it. Why am i changing nidoking to nihilego? so u can have some bulk on this team esp against special salamence lol. Nihilego also makes krookodile less vulnarble against hippo as it can lure it in via grass knot and take on skarmory as well.. especially since other parts of the team will be modified

[/hide]
Nihilego @ Black Sludge
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 80 Def / 176 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Power Gem
- Sludge Bomb
- Grass Knot
[/SPOILER]

Krookodile should be choice banded.... while i do believe you shouldn't change much of the team moxie krook is ass like how drew says how bad lycanroc-d was a while ago. While choice banded is not exactly good.. its prob the best ur getting out of ur offensive krookodile. This allows it to force skarmory to roost and u can counterplay around it since you can easily switch out to one of your pokemon such as ....

[/hide]
Krookodile @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- High Horsepower
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Darkest Lariat
[/SPOILER]

we are going to replace gyarados with noivern... what does this do? this gives you speed control on the team, this also gives you ways to pivot in banded krookodile. And we are gonna run hurricane flame noivern for the fact that it can threaten out the grass types now

[/hide]
Noivern @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Flamethrower
- U-turn
- Roost
[/SPOILER]

Tentacruel -> excadrill

exca is a better spinner in general.. and provides ur team with nihilego counterplay as krookodile hates getting its item knocked off. Toxic is here for mons such as tang, slowking, salamence, hippo, etc. Standard exca set and doubles up as a ground type as krookodile doesn't want to switch into much.

[/hide]
Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- High Horsepower
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
[/SPOILER]

https://pokepast.es/7bd2862cd6b960c3 this is the final team

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)