Project SS Ubers Teambuilding Workshop

Aberforth

is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Ubers Leader
Requesting a team around the following:

Blissey (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunder
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
- Sing

Basically this works off the element of surprise. People expect Blissey to be a big passive fat blob that does nothing; thus, they switch their yvetals/rayquaza/ferrothorn in and proceed to get absolutely bopped. Sing is there for when you're too lazy to predict switchins and want to abuse the broken status called sleep.

Feel free to shuffle the evs a bit, I didn't do much optimization (I'm pretty sure 252hp is not optimal)

Calcs:

252+ SpA Choice Specs Blissey Thunder vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Yveltal: 278-328 (70.7 - 83.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Blissey Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ferrothorn: 356-420 (101.1 - 119.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Blissey Ice Beam vs. 100 HP / 0 SpD Groudon: 246-290 (67.2 - 79.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Blissey Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Tangrowth: 470-554 (116.3 - 137.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Blissey Ice Beam vs. 16 HP / 0 SpD Zygarde: 468-552 (129.6 - 152.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
  • Do not post asking us to make use of super unviable Pokemon. This is not a competition to see how good we are at team building; this is us trying to educate people on what is good and how to build effective teams. General Rule of Thumb: Think C or above in the viability rankings, unless you are able to really sell something lower on the VR.
I straight up dont think this is even vaguely possible for us to build, we're rejecting this.

Garrett

Banned deucer.
Requesting a team around the following Heatran set:

:dp/heatran:
Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
Modest Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

designed to trap Blissey/Eternatus so that a special sweeper like Kyogre can run around more freely. The given HP reaches a Leftovers number + 1, with the remaining speed to last ditch outspeed uninvested base 90s with a comfortable creep. I've built with a Scarf Kyogre, but I'd like to see this Heatran (with some small variation at most) combined with a defensive setup Kyogre set, such as SubCM + Twave or CM + Rest.

Specs Dialga Workshop (pokepast.es)
I changed up the set a bit to fit the more standard one, but I really like how this team turned out. Specs Dialga is the main breaker, just punching holes through things and being an offensive check to things like NDM and Kyogre. Blissey provides a real Kyogre check and cleric support, letting you eat something like a Sacred Fire if needed. Trick NP Caly is both good speed control with scarf and a good wincon, shoring up the HO mu just a bit since Dialga weighs the team down there quite a bit with its speed. Standard Necrozma-DM with Stealth Rock and Twave to check things like Eternatus and Xerneas more offensively while chipping down and baiting Yveltal which frees up Dialga super nicely, which is one of the main attractions to using it here. Groudon checks things like DD Toxic Zygarde, some opposing Groudon, NDM, Zekrom, etc while being a good late game sweeper with BU + Rest. Yveltal rounds out the team as a Caly-S check and a fast FP mon that can threaten LO Groudon which does heavy damage to BU Groudon.
Ty so much, looks cool i will test this in the next days ;)

Can anyone build a team around offensive yveltal? thanks!
:ss/yveltal:
Yveltal @ Life Orb / Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Oblivion Wing
- Dark Pulse
- Taunt
- Sucker Punch

Last edited:
Been more than 7 days since my last request,
I'll be honest, I still wanna click Banded Fishious, but on a team that's more reliable than Trick Room...

I've seen BO teams revolving around Vish+Ogre, which were apparently hard to pull off since they had structural issues, but that was pre-Zacian ban. Maybe now they'll be less of a pain to build?

:ss/(Dracovish): + :ss/(Kyogre):

Requesting a more standard BO/Balance around Banded Dracovish + SubCM Kyogre.

GeniusFromHoenn

is a Tiering Contributor
UPL Champion
Requesting a Bulky Offense around scarf palkia

Palkia @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spacial Rend
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder
- Fire Blast

I think its a pretty cool idea with speed to outrun +1 dragon dancers like zekrom/rayquaza/zygarde and also a good cleaner. Thanks in advance!

I would request a team that is a bit strange, but I have a basic frame about how it is going to work out.
I want a Klefki + Marshadow team where I bait my opponent into setting up, using fairy lock and making Klefki switch (either eject button or fainting), and then spectral thief to kill the opponent. I also want enough power behind the rest of the team to defeat non-setup teams (such as HO).

Klefki @ Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Fairy Lock
- Thunder Wave / Toxic
- Spikes
- Magic Coat / Defog

Marshadow @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Force Palm
- Rock Tomb
- any filler move

Please don't bully me about how bad my Frame is, I'm not that good at pokemon lol

I want to request a Bulky Hyper offense team around Swords Dance Calyrex-Ice, Swords Dance Necrozma Dusk Mane, and other bulky Mons, so I guess it can or cannot be trick room, upto the builder, I will prefer Yveltal as our Calyrex-Shadow check. A good old Bulky Eternatus (Set upto the builder, as the whole team demands.)
Ingrain Xerneas as a sweeper is appreciated as well, but it exactly is not a bulky mon, but Idrc about that since we already have 3 Bulky Mon core + Yveltal.
A good 6th suicide lead is appreciated, which manages to set up some good hazard, if our team is a trick room, then only Rocks and maybe Spikes, uh Smereagle?, If not, then I would like Slurpuff with Sticky Webs to check speed on opposing team. But Smeregal can do that too, Im confused, I leave this to the builder, I hope you enjoy building my request :D.

Lasen

smiling through it all
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
I want to request a Bulky Hyper offense team around Swords Dance Calyrex-Ice, Swords Dance Necrozma Dusk Mane, and other bulky Mons, so I guess it can or cannot be trick room, upto the builder, I will prefer Yveltal as our Calyrex-Shadow check. A good old Bulky Eternatus (Set upto the builder, as the whole team demands.)
Ingrain Xerneas as a sweeper is appreciated as well, but it exactly is not a bulky mon, but Idrc about that since we already have 3 Bulky Mon core + Yveltal.
A good 6th suicide lead is appreciated, which manages to set up some good hazard, if our team is a trick room, then only Rocks and maybe Spikes, uh Smereagle?, If not, then I would like Slurpuff with Sticky Webs to check speed on opposing team. But Smeregal can do that too, Im confused, I leave this to the builder, I hope you enjoy building my request :D.
bro that's 6 mons.

Zephyri

put on your headphones and burn my city
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderator
wrong forum bro
https://www.smogon.com/forums/forums/rate-my-team.52/

Fc

Waiting for something to happen?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a defending SCL Champion
Ubers Leader
Dual Screens + Groudon
Don Screens Workshop (pokepast.es)
Building an HO team without a lead is quite difficult in this meta specifically because the thing you used to compare to a gen 7 equivalent, mcoat arc, has p much no alternatives in ss. Going with screens was then the most logical choice, but again with Groudon things are fairly 1 dimensional, almost always looking similar to the current screens sample. This took a different approach, with no lead and just more offensive power to break things behind screens. Standard don + Weather Ball Zekrom to bait things like tang, buzz, ferro, etc. and let the rest of the mons clean. Yveltal was chosen as the last mon since screens has a notoriously poor mu against Scarf caly which you wanted to avoid. The Xerneas spread also lives a +1 or unboosted specs Astral Barrage from full.

Heatran + CM Rest Ogre
Heatran Kyogre Workshop (pokepast.es)
Went with Twave Kyogre here as I felt it just helped the rest of the team more, as when I added the Zarude the need to soft check don and zyg was gone. Yveltal and Phys.Def Zarude work nicely here, with one of the hardest Eternatus counters already on the team and twave Ogre to bait it in. These mons cover for a ton defensively, and have decent cleaning potential with Bulk Up and fast Knock Off respectively. SD NDM was next, since there's already para support to limit etern and rocks on Heatran so that twave or SR weren't mandatory things. Marshadow is a huge threat to this team as is with Kyogre also being annoying, so Sitrus etern was last to help with those and just be a great sponge.

Scarf Palkia
Scarf Palkia Workshop (pokepast.es)
I felt like a traditional team with Scarf Palkia wouldn't really work out, as I think it's a super fringe set that is outclassed in a lot of ways both offensively and defensively. With that in mind, I took the route of a sand bulky offense. Palkia acted as speed control out of sand so ttar didn't need Smooth Rock to keep exca constantly fast. Palkia is great with the sand core because it's a solid Kyogre answer, and they can chip it down so even specs Water Spout slowly does less and less damage as you get breaking opportunities. Things like DD Zygarde and SD NDM were still pretty annoying, and a backup water resist was being called for too, so ID Ferrothorn was added for that. Sand also naturally struggles a lot with Groudon, so I added Wisp Gira-O to pressure that and be another mon that revenge kills things like marsh and caly. Finally, SD NDM was picked since there was already a rocks user and it helps break.

Keys + Marsh HO
Klefki Marshadow HO (pokepast.es)
I changed up the sets from your original core a bit because they didn't really accomplish everything you needed. Even if something gets trapped by Klefki, almost no mon is frail enough for the weak Sash Marshadow to pick it off, and it'd just switch the next turn effectively nullifying the gimmick. Max Attack Klefki is used to 2HKO Yveltal which otherwise just Knocks you off and Defog's forever, and BU Marshadow can take advantage of some passive things trapped by Klefki. The rest of the team is fairly standard, Lum Berry Double Dance Groudon, DD NDM, Yveltal for a caly check and Taunt to keep Spikes, and Xerneas to help a bit against opposing Marshadow and just be threatening with Spikes down.

Been more than 7 days since my last request,
I'll be honest, I still wanna click Banded Fishious, but on a team that's more reliable than Trick Room...

I've seen BO teams revolving around Vish+Ogre, which were apparently hard to pull off since they had structural issues, but that was pre-Zacian ban. Maybe now they'll be less of a pain to build?

:ss/(Dracovish): + :ss/(Kyogre):

Requesting a more standard BO/Balance around Banded Dracovish + SubCM Kyogre.
Hey, I just wanted to check on the state of this request. It's been almost a month since I posted it, just wanted to know if it's still WIP or if it was rejected or anything. Thanks in advance!

Time for me to make a proper Request, lol

Requesting a team around Nasty Plot Mewtwo, the main aim of the team shall be Wallbreaking HO, I want the team to break teams who use a lot of bulky stuff and stall, also should do generally good in Ladder. The Mewtwo set -
Mewtwo @ Life Orb
EVs: 56 Def / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psystrike
- Nasty Plot
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast

Garrett

Banned deucer.
Time for me to make a proper Request, lol

Requesting a team around Nasty Plot Mewtwo, the main aim of the team shall be Wallbreaking HO, I want the team to break teams who use a lot of bulky stuff and stall, also should do generally good in Ladder. The Mewtwo set -
Mewtwo @ Life Orb
EVs: 56 Def / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psystrike
- Nasty Plot
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
https://pokepast.es/3a14d224ab088c38 - Psychic Terrain Mewtwo Webs

This is a standard Webs Hyper Offense structure that features Psychic Terrain Calyrex-S as an alternative measure to dealing with Sucker Punch Yveltal and Shadow Sneak Marshadow so that Mewtwo + Caly-S have more potent sweeping potential. I added a little more speed on Mewtwo for Jolly Marshadow.

I would like a team with Choice band ho-oh (a 3 attacks variant with earthquake for eternatus, zekrom, ttar, and midgrounds vs kyogre teams) partnered with groudon. The exact movesets and ev spreads are flexible. I would prefer some bulk if possible to allow ho-oh to pivot in more frequently, but go to whatever speed tier you think works best. If you find other pokemon that abuse sun and partner well with these two feel free to use them, or even opt for heat rock if it fits the team well.

Again, the main thing is choice band ho-oh with earthquake partnered with groudon.

Edit: And to clarify, I did see the prior stall team with banded ho-oh, but I'm not a huge fan of xatu and friends. The team is also generally passive since ho-oh struggles to come onto the field to click buttons like it's supposed to without bulk investment / pivot support.

Last edited:

corvere

and beneath the mist, i saw my true reflection
is a Top Contributor
its been a month since my last request. was it rejected? is it being built? id like to know, if its possible. thanks
requesting a team around cb buzzwole + futurePort slowking
Buzzwole @ Choice Band
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Slowking @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Scald
- Teleport
- Future Sight
- Thunder Wave
future sight pressures eternatus. teleport lets you get your buzzwole a free switch. twave good, speed control good. buzzwole smacks everything slowking hates. good defensive / offensive core. the team can be whatever style you prefer.

It has been like 2-3 weeks since my last request so here I am again with a HO request.

I would really like a team around -

Dracovish @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Strong Jaw
Jolly Nature
- Fishious Rend
- Outrage
- Psychic Fangs
- Crunch

And -

Kyogre @ Choice Specs
Ability: Drizzle
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Origin Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Thunder

Almost everyone says Scarf Vish is useless, But I don't feel so, it can still be good if used with A Kyogre, and then again, trick room and Tailwind teams have their own backdraws, so I would really appreciate if someone builds an HO team for me around these two Chad Mons.

Garrett

Banned deucer.
Hey, I just wanted to check on the state of this request. It's been almost a month since I posted it, just wanted to know if it's still WIP or if it was rejected or anything. Thanks in advance!
It has been like 2-3 weeks since my last request so here I am again with a HO request.

I would really like a team around -

Dracovish @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Strong Jaw
Jolly Nature
- Fishious Rend
- Outrage
- Psychic Fangs
- Crunch

And -

Kyogre @ Choice Specs
Ability: Drizzle
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Origin Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Thunder

Almost everyone says Scarf Vish is useless, But I don't feel so, it can still be good if used with A Kyogre, and then again, trick room and Tailwind teams have their own backdraws, so I would really appreciate if someone builds an HO team for me around these two Chad Mons.
You both wanted Vish + Ogre. It's hard enough fitting on a T-Wave spam balance (even Webs with Funny Fish feels terrible), so I'm denying the HO request given someone else requested the core. Below are two versions of the team, with the variation in the Kyogre set.

https://pokepast.es/71fe74bab1c7c3f2
https://pokepast.es/30ab23944f3aaae4

I would like a team with Choice band ho-oh (a 3 attacks variant with earthquake for eternatus, zekrom, ttar, and midgrounds vs kyogre teams) partnered with groudon. The exact movesets and ev spreads are flexible. I would prefer some bulk if possible to allow ho-oh to pivot in more frequently, but go to whatever speed tier you think works best. If you find other pokemon that abuse sun and partner well with these two feel free to use them, or even opt for heat rock if it fits the team well.

Again, the main thing is choice band ho-oh with earthquake partnered with groudon.

Edit: And to clarify, I did see the prior stall team with banded ho-oh, but I'm not a huge fan of xatu and friends. The team is also generally passive since ho-oh struggles to come onto the field to click buttons like it's supposed to without bulk investment / pivot support.
If I can't Teleport with Xatu, I'll try it with another crackhead mon in Solgaleo, which I suppose benefits from the Morning Sun boost as well. You have potentially that and U-Turn Yveltal (and maybe Double Defog as well) to bring in CB Ho-oh. Doubling down on pressuring mons like Defensive Kyogre and Zygarde is an SD Groudon with Toxic to boot. The remaining mons complete the defensive core.

https://pokepast.es/b6621291fdccdbf4

its been a month since my last request. was it rejected? is it being built? id like to know, if its possible. thanks
https://pokepast.es/93efd9314a6870b6

Heehee my bad bro

You both wanted Vish + Ogre. It's hard enough fitting on a T-Wave spam balance (even Webs with Funny Fish feels terrible), so I'm denying the HO request given someone else requested the core. Below are two versions of the team, with the variation in the Kyogre set.

https://pokepast.es/71fe74bab1c7c3f2
https://pokepast.es/30ab23944f3aaae4

If I can't Teleport with Xatu, I'll try it with another crackhead mon in Solgaleo, which I suppose benefits from the Morning Sun boost as well. You have potentially that and U-Turn Yveltal (and maybe Double Defog as well) to bring in CB Ho-oh. Doubling down on pressuring mons like Defensive Kyogre and Zygarde is an SD Groudon with Toxic to boot. The remaining mons complete the defensive core.

https://pokepast.es/b6621291fdccdbf4

https://pokepast.es/93efd9314a6870b6

Heehee my bad bro
Thank you so much!! Just a note, you added the paste for the Band Ho-Oh team twice, what's the variation in the Ogre set?

(And on the side, what do Lando-T's EVs do?)

Last edited:

Lasen

smiling through it all
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
The lads here have grown too accustomed to requests with real Pokemon, albeit niche. I am here to remind you of your mortal selves.
Requesting a team with FUNNY BOUNCY ICEMAN aka Darmanitan-G-Zen-Mode. I would like the team to feature its Belly Drum set, playstyle does not matter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)