Project SS Ubers Teambuilding Workshop

GeniusFromHoenn

is a Tiering Contributor
UPL Champion
>Each user is allowed one request every 7 days and any user found requesting multiple will have their post deleted and may see further punishment

(1 week oVeR for my post so new request right here :d)
Requesting a team around' Choice banded necrozma-DM.
Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Choice Band
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 148 HP / 252 Atk / 108 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- morning sun/knock off
The speed EVs to outspeed univested ho-oh or we can just use: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def.
Morning sun to maintain longitivity or just we can use knock off.
As you can figure out, I love choice band and specs :d

Hey first time using this so here is my request. I want a team with Zarude as the role compression and status absorber are really valuable for bulky offensive teams, Necrozma-DM with a SpD set can work as a check to both Xerneas and Eternatus who can be really anoying for Zarude.

:Zarude:
Zarude-Dada @ Leftovers
Ability: Leaf Guard
EVs: 132 HP / 240 SpD / 136 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Power Whip
- Darkest Lariat
- Jungle Healing
- Bulk Up / U-turn / Synthesis

I think some strong wallbreakers like mixed Groudon and Lunala can work well with this too.

Last edited:
Requesting a team around the following:

Spectrier @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Grim Neigh
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Mud Shot
- Hyper Beam

So the goal of this set is to attract dark types and hit them at +2 with the appropriate move. Since Spectrier is only 2x weak to dark as opposed to 4x weak, it can use a resist berry to live a sucker punch to ensure it gets a hit in.

Calcs:

+2 252+ SpA Spectrier Mud Shot vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 138-164 (34.1 - 40.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+2 252+ SpA Spectrier Hyper Beam vs. 252 HP / 120 SpD Zarude: 358-422 (86.4 - 101.9%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
+2 252+ SpA Spectrier Hyper Beam vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Yveltal: 283-334 (62.1 - 73.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

0 Atk Dark Aura Yveltal Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Colbur Berry Spectrier: 267-315 (78 - 92.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Zarude Darkest Lariat vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Colbur Berry Spectrier: 199-235 (58.1 - 68.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0- Atk Tyranitar Foul Play vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Colbur Berry Spectrier: 99-117 (28.9 - 34.2%) -- 99.5% chance to 3HKO after sandstorm damage

Garrett

Banned deucer.

Spectrier @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Grim Neigh
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Mud Shot
- Hyper Beam

So the goal of this set is to attract dark types and hit them at +2 with the appropriate move. Since Spectrier is only 2x weak to dark as opposed to 4x weak, it can use a resist berry to live a sucker punch to ensure it gets a hit in.

Calcs:

+2 252+ SpA Spectrier Mud Shot vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 138-164 (34.1 - 40.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+2 252+ SpA Spectrier Hyper Beam vs. 252 HP / 120 SpD Zarude: 358-422 (86.4 - 101.9%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
+2 252+ SpA Spectrier Hyper Beam vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Yveltal: 283-334 (62.1 - 73.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

0 Atk Dark Aura Yveltal Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Colbur Berry Spectrier: 267-315 (78 - 92.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Zarude Darkest Lariat vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Colbur Berry Spectrier: 199-235 (58.1 - 68.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0- Atk Tyranitar Foul Play vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Colbur Berry Spectrier: 99-117 (28.9 - 34.2%) -- 99.5% chance to 3HKO after sandstorm damage
Gonna be honest, this looks incredibly difficult to support. The +2 calcs are not optimistic for any team with this (or any) Spectrier. Rejecting the request, but feel free to submit another one as soon as you want since I caught it early.

1729is56time

Too-too-roo
is a Tiering Contributor
Requesting a HO team built around Nasty Plot Calyrex-Shadow and Geomancy Xerneas

:ss/calyrex-shadow:
Calyrex-shadow @ Focus Sash / Life Orb
Trait As One
Evs 252 Spa / 4 Spd / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
Nasty Plot​
Astral Barrage​
Draining Kiss​
Aromatherapy / Pollen Puff / Substitute​

:ss/xerneas:
Xerneas @ Power Herb
Trait Fairy Aura
Evs 252 Spa/ 4 Spd/ 252 Spe
Modest Nature
Geomancy​
Moonblast​
Thunder​
anything you want

Last edited:
Can I request a team around Dragon dance Reshiram, something like:

Reshiram @ Life Orb
Ability: Turboblaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Outrage
- Roost

But feel free to change the set up, things like Stone Edge or Scale shot might be better.
Reshiram probably has a hard time setting up on anything but I'm hoping with the right team support it can get there.

Garrett

Banned deucer.
Meminger21 and Flatemo: https://pokepast.es/797232fc32ed992b

Xatu is our magic bouncer and will be how we switch into Ferrothorn and (non-offensive) NDM. Without hazards, we hope to make the most out of Umbrella Blissey, and offensive Yveltal + Ho-oh as the breaker core (which can "counter" Calyrex-S given the 3 of them). Groudon maintains the sun and Stealth Rock for the team so Ho-oh breaks easier, while Ferrothorn serves as a wincon and Spike Stacker vs. less defensive teams.

Ropalme1914: https://pokepast.es/524858e74058778a

SpDef Ho-oh + NDM allows us to run an offensive Yveltal such that we have the unusual but potent breaking core of Physically Offensive (CB) Xerneas and Offensive (Life Orb Special) Yveltal. Toxic SD Groudon fills in the remaining holes to this bulky offense.

TannerFromHghschool: https://pokepast.es/d1eee05a2415282e

Literally a balance I had with Reshiram > DD Zygarde. You'll need to play well to win--I have no faith personally in Reshiram, but I wish you the best of luck!

Requesting a HO team built around Nasty Plot Calyrex-Shadow and Geomancy Xerneas

:ss/calyrex-shadow:
Calyrex-shadow @ Focus Sash / Life Orb
Trait As One
Evs 252 Spa / 4 Spd / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
Nasty Plot​
Astral Barrage​
Draining Kiss​
Aromatherapy / Pollen Puff / Substitute​

:ss/xerneas:
Xerneas @ Power Herb
Trait Fairy Aura
Evs 252 Spa/ 4 Spd/ 252 Spe
Modest Nature
Geomancy​
Moonblast​
Thunder​
anything you want
https://pokepast.es/cb3283576919a058 (in fact... this is a previous team in the thread. Feel free to replace Darm-G with something more reliable)

FearNeverDies: https://pokepast.es/f1d9c7b3968201bf

A team I built for playing Ara in a non-official tour with SS Ubers that features the unusual core of Blissey + Zarude + Toxapex + NDM to wall out everything so that DD Zyg + LO Etern can clean reliably. Zarude nicely handles Zekrom and Groudon which otherwise steamroll the remaining mons on the team with just a little bit of chip damage.

Last edited:

Fc

Waiting for something to happen?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a defending SCL Champion
Ubers Leader
Posting a few teams here but I'll also have this as a mini announcement, Aberforth is now a builder too! s/o's him and TrueNora for helping w these teams

Requesting Choice Band Dracovish Trick Room! Using Vish to soften up the opposition for a sweep by a partner such as Calyrex-Ice.
https://pokepast.es/afd7b222ecd8251a - Magearna Version
https://pokepast.es/8a84440cd7f4a34f- Hatterene Version
I'll be honest, Trick Room kinda sucks. It's a very fringe strategy that relies super heavily on mu and perfect pivoting, making it really unreliable imo. That said I have built quite a few TR teams and modified a few together to make this one, which I think is one of the better ways to utilize Trick Room. OTR SD Caly-I is the first mon, just being a strong wallbreaker overall and a nice pivot into Dragon-types which can threaten Dracovish and Kyogre. With the core in mind for the team being Dracovish + Calyrex-I, I went with Dracovish and Kyogre next after the Caly-I was put in. These 2 have great natural synergy, with Fishious in the rain having very few viable answers. Next I added the Dusk Mane and P2, as the obligatory Xerneas / Calyrex-S checks respectively, while also providing Trick Room support. Dusk Mane is a good sweeper, with the coverage being nice when paired with water breakers for Ho-Oh. Magearna or Hatterene was the last mon I added over others I experimented with like Dialga and Lunala, because Trick Room as a style just loses to Taunt Yveltal. You need something to offensively pressure it, and LO Magearna is both a strong breaker and a good pivot with Trick Room that beats Taunt Yveltal while Hatterene blocks Taunt and hazards while providing strong Healing Wish Support. I tried this out on ladder a bit and it's really hard to succeed with, the style is inconsistent but it can probably still be worked with. Major threats to this team include the aforementioned Taunt Yveltal, Marshadow which just breaks everything so you have to either threaten with max HP Kyogre or just constantly keep TR up, Substitute breakers like Zygarde and Zekrom that can stall TR, offensive Kyogre, Gastrodon, and a few other random things that annoy it like Ho-Oh + multiple water answers.

Requesting a team around weavile. Good luck! :blobthumbsup:

P.s if possible give a description of the mon's role(s)
https://pokepast.es/3c59381e52923ba3
Built around SD Weavile, this team is fairly structurally sound and covers for most Pokemon in the meta. Weavile is the main breaker, punishing a lot of things with Knock Off and cleaning chipped teams. It struggles with Kyogre, though, so a Blissey was added to switch into that and spread Thunder Wave, letting it not be a sitting duck against Marshadow. Yveltal was next, adding a Defog user, more reliable caly check, as well as a U-turn pivot that baits in Eternatus, which is super helpful for Weavile. Post Zacian the next mon is a little unorthodox, but I added Phys.Def Dusk Mane. With Rocky Helmet it's a soft check to Zekrom while beating Calyrex-I with its Speed, and it's a good rocker still. Iron Head was chosen for paraflinch with Blissey as well as PP against sub seed caly-i. With Phys.Def Dusk Mane for those threats, a Buzzwole with Choice Band could be added. This mon baits things like Ho-Oh with Rock Slide and just punches holes through teams with CC, so it's a great partner for Weavile. It can even be purposefully Knocked Off since it counters Yveltal in games where it needs Roost more than power. Finally for Speed control a Choice Scarf Calyrex-S was added, shoring up the HO mu and revenge killing a lot of threats. Major threats to this team include Marshadow, which has a chance to 2HKO Buzzwole with the right moves, but Yveltal is ev'd to always live Adamant Life Orb Poltergeist into CC if need be, Ho-Oh, given the lack of status absorber and Fire-resist, but Dusk Mane can eat Sacred Fire's easily and get Aroma'd from Caly-S, and Ferrothorn, which walls a few mons but gets heavily punished by Buzzwole.

airfare

is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OUPL Champion
:ss/naganadel:
Naganadel @ Choice Specs
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Fire Blast
- Spikes

ash grenaganadel!!!

force switches w scary stabs and coverage and abuses that to set spikes, benefitting fellow offensive teammates like zygarde, groudon, eternatus, or specs kyogre in breaking through bulky grounds, blissey, and other grounded walls alongside hdb removal support in knock ndm or yveltal

Requesting a team built around the following:

Dugtrio @ Air Balloon
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Hone Claws
- Substitute
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

The goal of this set is to bait the opponent into a choiced electric or ground move (trick opposing kyogre/groudon/zekrom) and proceed to laugh in their face when you unleash this, getting a free +6/+6 and a sub to hopefully sweep.

Time to jam a square peg into a round hole

Requesting a hazard stacking team with offensive taunt Yveltal

Yveltal @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid/Hasty Nature
- Oblivion Wing
- Dark Pulse
- Taunt
- Sucker Punch

or

Yveltal @ Black Glasses
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Taunt
- Sucker Punch/U-turn/Toxic/Foul Play

A boots set also works if it's necessary

Garrett

Banned deucer.
1626452844958.png

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/ss-ubers-teambuilding-workshop.3686022/post-8884563 - Yoink some teams! I'll compile them here from now on as well.

rng loser - https://pokepast.es/d5294706cf1932e0

Here is your DD Kyu-B team! We'll pretend Kyu-B can check Zyg + Don reliably--such is the price of using the goatered Magnezone to facilitate a swepeer between Kyu-B and GeoXern.

As previously mentioned, Aberforth will now have steelskitty's old spot on the workshop team: a thank you to both.

Garrett

Banned deucer.
Requesting a team built around the following:

Dugtrio @ Air Balloon
Ability: Arena Trap
Jolly Nature
- Hone Claws
- Substitute
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

The goal of this set is to bait the opponent into a choiced electric or ground move (trick opposing kyogre/groudon/zekrom) and proceed to laugh in their face when you unleash this, getting a free +6/+6 and a sub to hopefully sweep.
Rejected, although this (and other Dugtrio ideas in other tiers) provide some very unique team ideas, none of them seem viable when taken to this extreme. Feel free to request something else whenever.

New teams soon. :eyes:

corvere

and beneath the mist, i saw my true reflection
is a Top Contributor
requesting a team around cb buzzwole + futurePort slowking
Buzzwole @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Slowking @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Scald
- Teleport
- Future Sight
- Thunder Wave
future sight pressures eternatus. teleport lets you get your buzzwole a free switch. twave good, speed control good. buzzwole smacks everything slowking hates. good defensive / offensive core. the team can be whatever style you prefer.

Fc

Waiting for something to happen?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a defending SCL Champion
Ubers Leader
Hello guys, i request a team build it around choice specs Dialga wich is a really funny wallbreaker. The sprite is the set
:ss/dialga:
Specs Dialga Workshop (pokepast.es)
I changed up the set a bit to fit the more standard one, but I really like how this team turned out. Specs Dialga is the main breaker, just punching holes through things and being an offensive check to things like NDM and Kyogre. Blissey provides a real Kyogre check and cleric support, letting you eat something like a Sacred Fire if needed. Trick NP Caly is both good speed control with scarf and a good wincon, shoring up the HO mu just a bit since Dialga weighs the team down there quite a bit with its speed. Standard Necrozma-DM with Stealth Rock and Twave to check things like Eternatus and Xerneas more offensively while chipping down and baiting Yveltal which frees up Dialga super nicely, which is one of the main attractions to using it here. Groudon checks things like DD Toxic Zygarde, some opposing Groudon, NDM, Zekrom, etc while being a good late game sweeper with BU + Rest. Yveltal rounds out the team as a Caly-S check and a fast FP mon that can threaten LO Groudon which does heavy damage to BU Groudon.

:ss/naganadel:
Naganadel @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Fire Blast
- Spikes

ash grenaganadel!!!

force switches w scary stabs and coverage and abuses that to set spikes, benefitting fellow offensive teammates like zygarde, groudon, eternatus, or specs kyogre in breaking through bulky grounds, blissey, and other grounded walls alongside hdb removal support in knock ndm or yveltal
airfare why did you make me do this
This mon was super hard to work with, given that it is actually just terrible. I tried my best to make it work with some unorthodox picks to support it, and I think it turned out not 100% unviable but I wouldn't expect too much out of the naga in particular. Taunt Yveltal was added to keep the Spikes up, but if you find you're being pressured by hazards more it has Defog just for options. Palkia is one of those mons you mentioned that breaks Blissey for Naganadel, while also pressuring Ho-Oh. Focus Punch is just a cool tech option and I think it's good as an offensive Kyogre check here. I then just added DD Stone Edge NDM and Rocks Stone Edge Lando-T because this mon has 0 ways of beating a single Ho-Oh, so instead of walling it and forcing no progress you can just bait it with the other mons that can actually kill it. Ho-Oh still manages to be a threat, though, so aroma caly helps against burns and covers for both the HO mu and just faster threats on balances like +1 specs naga.

Time to jam a square peg into a round hole

Requesting a hazard stacking team with offensive taunt Yveltal

Yveltal @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid/Hasty Nature
- Oblivion Wing
- Dark Pulse
- Taunt
- Sucker Punch

or

Yveltal @ Black Glasses
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Taunt
- Sucker Punch/U-turn/Toxic/Foul Play

A boots set also works if it's necessary
CB Marsh Spikes (UPL WEEK 7) (pokepast.es)
I explain the team more here in my UPL dump, but this is a solid team built around hazard stack + Taunt Yveltal. Basic idea is just play defensively, slowly wearing out the opponent with your big walls and hazard game on multiple boots Pokemon then break with Marshadow. Standard 5 mon defensive core with some offensive pressure from mostly Marshadow but also SD Sunteel NDM, so it's a pretty effective team that covers most mu's pretty well. Polt and Spectral on marsh to have options, one for power and one for if you Knock Off / burn a 1 use item on something but still wanna break, really helpful against things like Eternatus when you knock boots.

Team around banded ygod pls ^^
Yveltal @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Foul Play
- Knock Off
- U-turn / Rock slide
- Sucker Punch

This set isn't a compulsory one moves can be costumised as per requirement
Band Yveltal Workshop (pokepast.es)
Pretty cool band yvel team imo, making use of band Yvel and some strong pivots with Mbeam demon etern to bait in things like Yveltal that wanna try and defog away rocks which benefit band yvel a lot. Ditto is speed control, making the HO mu a lot better since Yvel isn't Defog or scarf. Demon Etern applies pressure onto the flyings and is just a solid late game wincon, while also checking marsh with its speed and 1 time use item. Bliss is the reliable Kyogre check and cleric, and while you can't deal damage to it running it out of Calm Minds frees up demon etern to beat it. Ho-Oh is really nice since it pivots into Caly-S, something that would pressure a team with offensive Yveltal. It also can outspeed and 1 time check Caly-I which is a threat if banded. Lunala rounds out the team, being a defensive Groudon check and dealing with Caly-I fairly well with Hex and the defense investment.

Blissey (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Thunder
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
- Sing

Basically this works off the element of surprise. People expect Blissey to be a big passive fat blob that does nothing; thus, they switch their yvetals/rayquaza/ferrothorn in and proceed to get absolutely bopped. Sing is there for when you're too lazy to predict switchins and want to abuse the broken status called sleep.

Feel free to shuffle the evs a bit, I didn't do much optimization (I'm pretty sure 252hp is not optimal)

Calcs:

252+ SpA Choice Specs Blissey Thunder vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Yveltal: 278-328 (70.7 - 83.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Blissey Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ferrothorn: 356-420 (101.1 - 119.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Blissey Ice Beam vs. 100 HP / 0 SpD Groudon: 246-290 (67.2 - 79.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Blissey Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Tangrowth: 470-554 (116.3 - 137.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Blissey Ice Beam vs. 16 HP / 0 SpD Zygarde: 468-552 (129.6 - 152.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)