Resource SS Ubers Bazaar (Post your teams here!)

ah shit, here we go again.

the LE CHOUINAY Legion Leader presents:

i think the name of this music illustrates correctly my relation with ss ubers

probably the team i had the most success with since the goth ban. i don't really like explaining my builds since i often have a strange way of thinking, so i'll just try explaining why i chose these mons. clef is kinda the "innovation" of the team, i think it's an interesting mon in general if you use it in stall/balance because it has many tools, including koff, twave, hwish, trick, sr, etc... it also checks offensive yveltal, etern, urshifu, zyg so psahtek khoya. lunala is here for everything that is groudon/zekrom/rayquaza/dd dm. shed completely invalidates xern+every version of ogre that isnt toxic, the funny thing is that this team and mostly shedinja will maybe become completely unviable because i've already seen a lot of ppl starting to run sub tox ogre/tox on specs or scarf ogre, so enjoy while you still can. pex is the second mon i think is very good, i'd even say on stall it's a better etern, the reason is just because regenerator is broken o_o pex helps to check marsh/zac/dm/etern as well as setting up tspikes against etern-less ho. dm is here mostly because zacian is kinda annoying against defensive builds if you dont anticipate correctly, and it also gives me an emergency check to geoxern if my shed dies somehow. you're probably wondering "do have something for ogre if your shed dies somehow too" well i dont my builds are bad sorry not sorry. finally i used yveltal because haha funny ghost horse riding idiot

prolly the only team i built that looks kinda normal on team preview lmao, subseed calyrex is broken but beware some people started running snarl again

a cool sand featuring broken marshadow. excadrill is sadly really underestimated even if it can be deadly for HO and offense, it's also the only viable spinner in the tier

classic webs, the spread of dm is to always live an eq from tang

i tried smth else with clef after the clef stall you saw earlier, this time i wanted to use the famous ss ou trick sticky tech. i paired it with some breakers so it would always be of some use whoever gets tricked: zacian destroys the opponent team if dm gets tricked, calyrex if it's yveltal, etern if it's ho oh

tried using mewtwo. because it kinda destroys balance. thats it.

i never used this but i think it looks cool. feel free to pm me at SiTuM#7974 if you tested it thoroughly and think it's an insane team, or a garbage one, thanks

another shitty webs. thundurus-t is probably the best mon i used on webs since a long time, it's deadly if used correctly

nothing too original, broken pex broken don

another stall i made after the clef one, tried using ttar instead of yvel this time for calyrex

the oldest webs i built, i already had it when zacian-c wasnt banned and i had zacian-c > zacian. it's probably kinda bad rn but i still like sash quaza a lot so here ya go

cm ogre was broken at the time when i built this team but now i think it's a bit worse, i also wanted to built smth on amoonguss so yeah

specs dialga the goat, power gem hits ho oh, fire blast hits steels, thunder hits ogre and yvel

what i build when it's 4 am. i don't want to explain this abomination.

oh btw, the chouinay legends are coming for upl... (maybe (tsé))
That's a chouinay moment for sure

probably the team i had the most success with since the goth ban. i don't really like explaining my builds since i often have a strange way of thinking, so i'll just try explaining why i chose these mons. clef is kinda the "innovation" of the team, i think it's an interesting mon in general if you use it in stall/balance because it has many tools, including koff, twave, hwish, trick, sr, etc... it also checks offensive yveltal, etern, urshifu, zyg so psahtek khoya. lunala is here for everything that is groudon/zekrom/rayquaza/dd dm. shed completely invalidates xern+every version of ogre that isnt toxic, the funny thing is that this team and mostly shedinja will maybe become completely unviable because i've already seen a lot of ppl starting to run sub tox ogre/tox on specs or scarf ogre, so enjoy while you still can. pex is the second mon i think is very good, i'd even say on stall it's a better etern, the reason is just because regenerator is broken o_o pex helps to check marsh/zac/dm/etern as well as setting up tspikes against etern-less ho. dm is here mostly because zacian is kinda annoying against defensive builds if you dont anticipate correctly, and it also gives me an emergency check to geoxern if my shed dies somehow. you're probably wondering "do have something for ogre if your shed dies somehow too" well i dont my builds are bad sorry not sorry. finally i used yveltal because haha funny ghost horse riding idiot

prolly the only team i built that looks kinda normal on team preview lmao, subseed calyrex is broken but beware some people started running snarl again

a cool sand featuring broken marshadow. excadrill is sadly really underestimated even if it can be deadly for HO and offense, it's also the only viable spinner in the tier

i tried smth else with clef after the clef stall you saw earlier, this time i wanted to use the famous ss ou trick sticky tech. i paired it with some breakers so it would always be of some use whoever gets tricked: zacian destroys the opponent team if dm gets tricked, calyrex if it's yveltal, etern if it's ho oh

i never used this but i think it looks cool. feel free to pm me at SiTuM#7974 if you tested it thoroughly and think it's an insane team, or a garbage one, thanks

another shitty webs. thundurus-t is probably the best mon i used on webs since a long time, it's deadly if used correctly

another stall i made after the clef one, tried using ttar instead of yvel this time for calyrex

the oldest webs i built, i already had it when zacian-c wasnt banned and i had zacian-c > zacian. it's probably kinda bad rn but i still like sash quaza a lot so here ya go

cm ogre was broken at the time when i built this team but now i think it's a bit worse, i also wanted to built smth on amoonguss so yeah

specs dialga the goat, power gem hits ho oh, fire blast hits steels, thunder hits ogre and yvel

MSNT (LE CHOUINAY)

Dieu Amphibien

PERFECTION SPORTS
is a Tiering Contributor

LE CHOUINAY :joy: (chouinay goon here, monotype version (oe tsé))

JT Yao

Banned deucer.

https://pokepast.es/5473e7be96cd818e

Posting an old version of my builder, which I posted on Jamvad's discord but forgot to post here haha! This builder features 50 of the finest teams made by my fellow phenoms and stunters like SiTuM, BasedWhat?, Manaphy, and the biggest steal of UPL himself, Basedburner! Many of these teams are excellent choices to use! Looking forward to discovering new building trends in the upcoming months! :blobthumbsup:

JT Yao

Banned deucer.
SS Ubers Master Builder: https://pokepast.es/863b744c31550f92

Attached above is my comprehensive and up-to-date SS Ubers Builder. As I'm going to be extremely busy with medical school applications, I thought this was the best time to post this. With Zacian-H being banned in a few days, most of these teams will have their relevance reduced. Nevertheless, I consider the vast majority of the builds in here to be among the best ones in SS Ubers. Enjoy the JT Yao Vision, and I'll see you all in a few weeks!

Screen Shot 2021-06-12 at 5.18.35 PM.png

Last edited:
ok here are the teams i used for the ult playoffs even tho they are p much of no use now as the meta is going to change a lot.

r1 vs fogboundlake

team 1 - :calyrex-ice: :marshadow: :tangrowth: :yveltal: :necrozma-dusk mane: :eternatus:
This team used the core calyice+marshadow as caly ice beats some very problematic foes for marshadow like eternatus(eternatus with speed faster than marshdow were rising), tangrowth, ho-oh, zygarde(even tho marsh was sufficient breaking through it) and groudon. The sub seed set is great and lets caly ice beat its most problematic foe necrozma dusk mane(defensive). Ndm+Ho-oh often beat this set which is why sd was chosen as+2 glacial lance ohkoes ho-oh. On the other side marshdow breaks through caly ice's enemies such ass kyogre, offensive/defensive dd ndm and adds a second check to caly shadow.

team 2 - :landorus: :eternatus: :ho-oh: :yveltal: :xerneas: :necrozma-dusk mane:
the team 2 was based on landorus which i thought was p underrated as it can break through any stall and cause a lot of trouble to balance and also that its speed was more than yveltal so that it can also trouble ho. The cosmic power etern by basedwhat? felt a great fit for a team even tho i ran some spdef with it cause it seemed to solve my cm ogre weakness. Block on lando was great while i was testing the team as it helped lando break through stall teams with even more ease.

team 3 - :rayquaza: :ho-oh: :yveltal: :necrozma-dusk mane: :eternatus: :xerneas:
i rlly rlly liked this team and banded ray is very very good in this meta. banded ray is again very good against balance and stall teams. This team seemed a bit dd ndm weak but twave ndm+yvetal/rayquaza handle that part. grass knot xerneas 2hkoes groudon and deals bigger damage to ogre which moonbast fails to do.

r2 vs indercover

team 1 - :zacian: :darmanitan-galar: :necrozma-dusk mane: :yveltal: :eternatus: :ho-oh:
this team was based on the core gdarm+zacian but i decided to use zen mode gdarm instead. The most common switch in to gdarm on non cm ogre teams in necrozma-dusk mane which zen mode gdarm could easily remove. While defensive ogre teams were a problem to this it was still fine as cm ogre woud be removed by gdarm and u turn yveltal+broken zacian would still continue to break through teams.

team 2 - :lunala: :calyrex shadow: :yveltal: :necrozma-dusk mane: :eternatus: :zygarde:
This team was a good one too. It used the core lunala+calyrex-shadow as lunala can either trick yvetal for caly or hit it with moonblast which 2hkoes it. Haze zyg was chosen as it beats all dd versions of zyg and also beats the coil+scale shot variant.

team 3 - used banded ray again

semifinals vs staxi

team 1 - :excadrill: :marshadow: :xerneas: :tyranitar: :ferrothorn: :necrozma-dusk mane:
for this round i wanted to use spikes+marshadow as it is p good vs balance and stall. Sand provided the exact support this core needed. xerneas was added to check groudon and counter to marshadow. the speed evs let xerneas outspeed banded dracovish, geo xern before geomancy. sd excadrill was chosen as it helps marshdow with wallbreaking even further and toxic wasnt needed here either way.

teams I didnt get to use

dd zek (pokepast.es)
i was supposed to use this for g3 vs staxi but unfortunately it didnt go that way. This team uses zekrom+calyrex-shadow. caly destroys all of zekroms foes except ferro while zekrom takes advantage of the yvetal/ho-oh switch ins. twaves+haze zyg traps and removes tang growth with help of toxic and pp stalls ferro and ndm which trouble zekrom.

weavile (pokepast.es)
ah i am so obsessed with ice types but this rlly is a good one believe me. weavile is an incredible wall breaker surprisingly being an ou mon. It has no counters if i aint wrong. That team gave weavile a 106 bp beat up which helped it break through its otherwise walls defensive ogre and toxapex.
weavile has quiet low bulk but its not weak to shadow sneak/sucker punch so its all good. weavile takes advantage of common ho-oh switch ins like zyg, etern to get a free double switch and start sweeping. even tho that its weak to rocks the team has fair defog support to handle it. weavile is a great revenge killer revenge killing zacian, zygarde(anything weak to ice shard), modest offensive etern, marshadow, and yveltal.
252 Atk Choice Band Weavile Triple Axel (40 BP) (3 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Zacian: 252-297 (77.5 - 91.3%) -- approx. 12.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252 Atk Choice Band Weavile Beat Up vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 132-156 (43.4 - 51.3%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252 Atk Choice Band Weavile Beat Up vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Kyogre: 189-223 (46.7 - 55.1%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Choice Band Weavile Triple Axel (40 BP) (3 hits) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Marshadow: 333-396 (103.7 - 123.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

so i was gonna use this for g1 vs staxi but then semis isnt a ground for testing wierd techs. SED!

Thanks to all those who supported me i am happy i made it to the semis in my 2nd ubers tour ever!

alright so here it is

1624862741581.png

1624862765205.png

peaked #1 on the ladder with weavile

team -

:ss/weavile: :ss/groudon: :ss/yveltal: :ss/xerneas: :ss/necrozma-dusk mane: :ss/eternatus:

The team was built around weavile+groudon as the core as they complement each other very well offensively. At first i had weavile+band ho-oh as the core as they complement each other even better but i then realised groudon had more utilities like checking ndm more reliably and had better bulk with resistance to stealth rocks. For the next mon it was obvious to add necrozma for dealing xerneas and offensive eternatus. Eternatus with dtail was added next to deal with kyogre followed by xerneas to handle marshdow, groudon and counter zygarde and provide cleric support to the team. for the last slot yveltal was added for dealing caly ghost.

Overall the team is pretty fine and showed great results on ladder. Weavile is great at applying pressure and it gets free double switches on zygarde(zygarde normally comes on groudon) and eternatus which are pretty common on many teams.

Last edited:

Maxomega

supra ludio
What I've done

Introduction

Hello Ubers community and welcome to my builder drop post. I'm making this post because I'll probably stop playing Pokemon for a long time. With my studies starting at the end of August and me wanting to focus on them, I'll have little free time and I won't be able to play. So this post is an opportunity for me to say goodbye to you all, but I hope I'll be able to see some of you during my holidays. I'll recount my journey on Smogon and on Pokemon Showdown. I'll also do a detailed explanation of my entire SS Ubers builder, cut in time periods based on the metagames, so you can see how I built when I first started and how I build now. Something I really hope people get out of this post is seeing this builder will get new ideas to build around. With this post, I'd like to pass the torch to new Ubers players who are the same as I was in November 2019, by giving them ideas and showing what I did on Smogon during the past year and a half.
Before diving into my builder, here's the story of my journey on Pokemon Showdown, for the ones who'd like to know:

I discovered Pokemon Showdown in 2018, where I did mostly Random Battles, while occasionally building teams, mainly bad ones. Here's the first team I ever built: https://pokepast.es/9f58861abe6dd81d. You can notice how I gave only one nickname, and it was to Tyranitar, naming it "The best". The other Pokemon from this team would have been really disappointed if they had consciousness. During 2018, I only played from time to time.

In 2019 though, I participated to my first tournament ever, and it was a team tournament. This tournament was what gave me volition to continue playing Pokemon. This is when I first discovered Ubers and you know how that went ... Indeed, at the beginning, I was playing SM UU, which is a tier I still appreciate a lot, because of nostalgia and because the Pokemon in it are incredible. I don't know if the following team is good, but I was proud of it: https://pokepast.es/64a95150ded6a0ba. Sadly, after this team tournament, I didn't know how to to join any communities, so I would only play on ladder, and it would tilt me really fast, so I stopped playing Pokemon until Sword & Shield was released.

After gen 8 was released, I started playing on ladder a lot to test my teams and to discover the new metagame. In January 2020, I decided to create my Smogon account to participate in OST. I lost on round 1. In March 2020, I signed up for Ubers Classic. I had a somewhat good performance, even though I was still new to all Ubers old gens. This is also the period when I started to explore Smogon more deeply, as well as making some useful posts, such as the post for the Dynamax banlist and my sample suggestion. This sample suggestion was right after I qualified for the Ubers Ladder Tournament play-offs. I lost on round 1, poor Frisk Gothitelle ... If you want to see the games, go to this link.
After that, I signed up for UPL VIII, I tried to talk to most managers and play test games in order to show my motivation and to have a better shot at get picked. Unfortunately, I wasn't picked during auctions. However, I asked one of the manager, MM2, with who I spoke a lot during tryouts, if I could be a helper on his team. He accepted, and I became a helper on DaReal Drizzlers. This experience was huge for me, this was my first team tournament on Smogon. I met a lot of new players, I learnt things thanks to them, all while I was helping on building in the SS channels through submitting ideas, making EVs spreads etc.
After UPL VIII, I started involving myself in French communities, mainly on one named Pokestrat. I became a SS Ubers writer on their website. I also started submitting a lot of teams on the website, like on the RMT section on Smogon. This is when my building style started getting decent. I also participated in some team tournaments on communities as an Ubers player, giving me experience.
In October 2020, I further invested myself in Ubers, by signing up for Pentathlon where I lost round 2 against PG, Kickoff where I lost round 3, Seasonal where I lost again round 2 against PG. I also posted my first RMT, Shining Stars, which was rewarded by being featured on the "RMT of the month" thread. I used that team to do my first suspect test, the Dynamax one, and got a good 27-3 ratio. In November, I made a post in the Personal VR thread.

Then, I signed up for Most Wanted II, and ended up not being drafted. However, I think being a helper is always a good idea when you're not drafted in a tournament, because you help the team you're in, you meet new people, and you get a new experience. I asked a manager, cromagnet, if I could be a helper in the team. He accepted and I became helper on the Serial EKillers. Alongside this, I qualified for the play-offs of the OM livetour where I lost in Tiebreaker. Also, I submitted the idea to TonyFlygon of a Good Cores thread which he approved, and so I did a resource post on the thread. I signed up for AG Snake Draft, and ended up not being drafted, but it was for a good reason, because I was new to the AG community and I didn't speak to managers as much as I did for the UPL.
In late December, I started hosting the Ubers Core Ladder Challenge after submitting the idea to Icemaster. Thank you for that. Also, I wanted to help the council with giving each Pokemon from the VR a set, and the council approved so I did, here's the post. That post turned into a new thread, known as the Ubers Set Compendium, which I host. In January, I did the Zacian-C suspect test. Then it was time for my 100th post! For this post, I wanted to contribute to the Ubers community, and as I really like building, I thought it could be cool to do a 'Teams Dump' post. Also with Zacian-C being suspected, this post could be a good way to show new players, who would come after Zacian-C's ban, how was the meta with it. You can see the post here if you're interested.
Later, Most Wanted II ended for the Serial EKillers, and cromagnet asked me if I could come and help his team for AG Snake Draft. I accepted, and then got a good experience with the AG community. Alongside all of this, I was discovering DPP Ubers, which became a generation I really like, thanks to this tournament where I went to semifinals.

In mid February, I signed up for the Apprentice Program for SS OU because I wanted to discover the metagame and maybe get some tips on decision making which could help me in SS Ubers. I also signed up for ADV PL, in order to discover a new Ubers generation. During February, I posted a second RMT around Spectrier, a newcomer in SS Ubers. As for the first RMT, "Shadow of the day" was featured on the 'RMT of the month' thread.
In early March, I was picked up by BKC's team for ADV PL, and this tournament was a great experience for me. On one hand because I was discovering a brand new generation, and also because the two main Ubers slots, steelskitty and Lasen, were really nice to me. So I learned a lot through them. Also, as MM2 was still active on the DaReal Drizzlers UPL VIII Discord in the ADV channel, I talked with him and read what he had to say. This helped me to better understand the metagame. Also, my run in SS AG seasonal ended right before losers final, sadly.
In mid March, I did the Shadow Tag suspect test, which was a real pain for me because I was constantly being haxed, so I made probably three accounts. I wanted to have a good ratio to be honest. However, after the second account, I was like "I'm not going to waste any more time in this suspect test, so I will just play games until I have the requirements." I got a pretty bad ratio of 43-12, but at least it was done.
As the Ubers Core Ladder Challenge was almost finished, I submitted a new idea for a tournament, and it was approved. This idea was the Ubers Super Hidden Ability tournament. To be honest, I had a lot of fun thinking of new abilities, and discussing them with Icemaster. If you're interested, here is my original list, and here is the list after talking with Icemaster. Round 1 started early April.
In mid April, UMPL started, a team tournament around 1v1, AG, ZU and NFE, and I was drafted as a AG player. At the same time I started writing analyses in Ubers and made a post about the VR. Some days later, I was promoted to voice on the Ubers room. Also, I qualified for the play-offs of AG Classic where I lost round 1. Moreover, I got assigned my SS OU tutor, Niko, and I spent a great time with him from April to June, learning the SS OU metagame.
In late April, I involved myself with the French Translation project, and I always started my translations with a little poem: two lines which rhyme, and with the same number of syllable. Here they are, if you want to read them:
These poems are written in French and in English, I tried to keep the same message in both poems.
However, you can use a translation tool if you want to see the exact meaning of the french one.

:mamoswine:
Séisme, je te fais trembler
Mon dieu, mais que va-t-il rester ?

Earthquake, you'll be shaking
God, what will be remaining?
:zoroark:
Des ténèbres, un jour, il jaillira
Illusion ou non, son nom restera

It will spring out, one day, from the darkness
Illusion or not, with its name comes the mess
:mimikyu:
Et à sa guise, il se déguise,
Ne tombez pas sous son emprise.

As it pleases, it changes its appearance
Be careful, do not fall under its influence.
:zygarde-10%:
Son aura destructrice, je perçois
Et l'empêcher d'un carnage, je dois

I feel its ravaging and breaking aura,
I must prevent it from a supernova
:rhyperior:
Impassible et impassable, ce rocher est
En recherche d'un Pokémon à protéger.

Stone-faced and unbreakable, this boulder
Is searching someone to protect from danger.
This translation period lasts about a month, but I really enjoyed translating and reading analyses, as well as contributing to the community.
In early May, the Ubers Super Hidden Ability tournament ended, and the same day I signed up for UPL IX. I also asked Minority if I could do the Usages Stats, and he accepted. I was happy to do the Usage Stats, because I was further contributing to the community, and also since I like statistics overall. If you want to see how I did during this UPL IX, you can see my post in the UPL IX Dump thread.
In early June, I signed up for OMPL and AGPL III. I did the Zacian suspect test, which was my fourth suspect test in Ubers, so I got the TC badge in mid June. I got drafted in both OMPL and AGPL III, and these two tournaments were really cool to do. So thanks to redflix and cromagnet respectively for drafting me.

And that's it! The story of my journey on Smogon is over.
I did not mention all tournaments I participated in, on other Pokemon communities, or even solo tournaments on Smogon, such as the Randbats Classic, as I think they don't really matter.

Now let's talk about my SS Ubers builder.
Disclaimer: Each build you'll find in this builder is mine, there's no team that I stole from someone, except one which I'll mention. So, if you see a team that is very similar to a team you built, that's just because we had the same idea, no big deal. Without any further ado, let's get into it!
(Teams in the pastes go from the youngest to the oldest)

My Ubers builder

First period

(pre Home meta)

The builder: https://pokepast.es/30fc55d65daa1274

Overview:
During the pre-Home meta, my builds were really really bad. I mean, you can see for yourself. Four out of six teams were Hyper Offense, with two of them being Baton Pass and two Sticky Webs. The two last were ... Stall? And a Bulky Offense, with some interesting ideas ... I guess?
This metagame's tenure was short, and I'm glad it was, because you weren't able to build many things. And, come on, a metagame with only three Pokemon in it, maybe four if we consider Darmanitan-Galar, it's not fun to play, isn't it?
I don't want to write something too long about it, since it wouldn't be that interesting. You can just see what I was building to understand what was going on.

Some builds:
I remember the team I was most "proud" of was this one. I don't know why, but I have some good memories with it. I was only playing on the ladder at the time. Regarding the weird things you're seeing, I guess I found Araquanid useful because of it setting Sticky Web and it checking Darmanitan-Galar, that's the reason why I had Protect. I found Hippowdon useful for Zacian-Crowed and Zamazenta. Here's Corviknight's EVs spread, but I'm not sure about it: 112 Speed allows Corviknight at +2 to outspeed Adamant Zacian-Crowned, 20 Attack EVs allow Corviknight at +3 to 2HKO with Max Airstream Zacian-Crowned, the rest is put in Defense then in HP.

Second period
(post Home meta)

The builder: https://pokepast.es/20fe67a6cd813546

Overview:
Now let's talk about the post Home metagame. This is when I started to build better and I started to enjoy SS Ubers more. During this metagame, I went to ULT play-offs as I mentioned. There was also Baton Pass and Dynamax Clause. I'll do a quick overview of some teams in this builder, so you can understand what I was thinking when I was building these teams. However, I won't talk about the Hyper Offense with Kyurem-Black as I did a post on it as a sample submission. So if you want to check it out, here's the post.
For things I don't want to go too deep on - or just because they don't need a huge paragraph to be explained - I'll be putting them in "Miscellaneous". EVs spreads, cores, moves and items are concerned.

Some builds:
This team was made to counter Rain teams, the core of Mantine & Seismitoad dissuades the opponent from clicking a Water attack. However, as you can see, Seismitoad has Swift Swim and not Water Absorb. This is for a good reason. During the Post Home metagame, people were using Seismitoad as a niche pick to check Dracovish and Drednaw. It was also useful against Pokemon such as Rotom-Wash and Gyarados, if you paired it with a Flying resistance, since the opponent won't really use Max Water, fearing Seismitoad. In this team though, I'm playing it as if it was the aforementioned check, but it's actually a LO variant. Power Whip deals with Rotom-Wash mainly, but could be helpful in case an inexperienced player sends their Quagsire on the field.
Mantine deals with Reshiram, Lunala, Kyurem-White and offensive Eternatus, because Toxic variant would just destroy Mantine. Quagsire alongside Corviknight form a pretty strong physically defensive core. However, the main problem with this team was that it doesn't have Stealth Rock. It worked well by making the opponent believes Seismitoad is defensive with Stealth Rock, though. Zekrom and Kyurem-White paired well together, because they applied heavy pressure to the opposing defensive core.
As you can see, this team was mainly cheese and a match-up fish, but it worked well in a BO3 where you won the first game, if the opponent hadn't played Rain yet.

This was my last team before the DLC1 metagame, and this was built for a team tournament. To be honest, I really wanted to use Keldeo, because I like this Pokemon, and also since it had a good potential with Dynamax, thanks to Air Slash and Calm Mind. It worked well with Marshadow, because Marshadow had only two checks which were Mandibuzz, rarely seen because of Tyranitar, and Eternatus. Keldeo forced Eternatus, since they were no Pokemon able to check Keldeo, despite Mantine but I think I was the only one who built a team with it. The defensive core was pretty standard back then, with Corviknight and Quagsire to check physical threats, and Tyranitar to deal with Lunala and Eternatus. Life Orb Eternatus was also a good part of this team, with Corviknight being able to bring it to the field, while Tyranitar could paralyze the opposing team. Substitute was here to deal with Scarf Dugtrio, so it can't trap it.

Miscellaneous:
  • As mentioned earlier, weather was an important part of the metagame. That's why you can see a team with each main weather: sand, rain, and sun. Excadrill was really strong thanks to Dynamax and its awesome STABs. On rain teams, Dracovish and Drednaw were beasts. Dracovish could be used on a Rain + Trick Room team such as this one. On sun teams, the two beasts were Charizard and Venusaur, both really painful to face.
  • The second team I built was one with Incineroar, I felt like this Pokemon could be really cool in the metagame. It was a good answer to Moonblast Lunala, could beat Zacian-Crowned in 1v1, could OHKO Tyranitar with Close Combat, and could pivot with U-turn.
  • During this period, I used a lot Scarf Marshadow because I saw it as an incredible revenge killer, and since it could surprise the opponent by revenge killing a low Zacian-Crowned, Eternatus and stealing boosts from Zekrom or Kyurem-Black at +1. You can see Marshadow had Zen Headbutt to deal with both Eternatus and Toxapex, but I used Outrage at first, because it could drop the opposing Pokemon's Attack stat when Dynamaxed and it dealt better damage to Eternatus.
  • Finally, the last miscellaneous is Power-Up Punch Gothitelle which I brought during ULT PlayOffs, with Frisk as the ability, but that's a different matter haha. Power-Up Punch had one purpose: dealing with Tyranitar, so Gothitelle could trap and KO it. It was also useful against Umbreon, Mandibuzz or Hydreigon, but they weren't as important as Tyranitar. Indeed, if you trap Tyranitar with Gothitelle, your Eternatus or Reshiram just win the game, which was huge. I also thought of Charge Beam to better deal with Mandibuzz, but it wasn't efficient enough against Tyranitar, despite increasing the Special Attack stat.

Third period
(DLC1 meta)

The builder: https://pokepast.es/f6fdd0802b003897

Overview:
The DLC1 metagame was when I improved my building, I participated in more tournaments and I started building teams for the workshop. The first team I wanted to test was a rain as you can see. DLC1 brought many Pokemon, and Kingdra was the one I thought experimenting with would be a good idea. This rain team looks like the one with Drednaw, since there is a Dynamax user, a fast revenge killer, Zacian-Crowned, and a Trick Room core. I then tried some other playstyles, such as the Hex team or teams featuring Magearna to pass boosts.
I remember not understanding how Fishious Rend worked, I thought using Baton Pass and sending another Pokemon wouldn't double damage. Unfortunately, I experienced it in a team tournament... Also I liked using Mewtwo in this metagame, since it provided so much utility to a team in Future Sight, SubPressure, Will-O-Wisp etc. It was also a great breaker, walled by Mandibuzz, Tyranitar if I wasn't running Low Kick / Focus Blast, and Lunala if I wasn't running Shadow Ball. However, if Mewtwo had Substitute or Will-O-Wisp, the aforementioned Pokemon were crippled, paving the way for breakers like Marshadow and Lunala.
I really liked this metagame because you could build with pretty much whatever you want as long as the Pokemon makes a good use of Dynamax, has a good speed and decent damage output, or brings some utility to the team.

Some builds:
The main gameplan of this team is to stack hazards while spreading status on the opposing team, and then clean with Dragapult or Zacian-Crowned. Spikes were especially strong when paired with Zacian-Crowned, because most Quagsire weren't Heavy-Duty Boots. With Spikes, Zacian-Crowned's Play Rough or Close Combat 2HKOes Quagsire, which is huge. Utility Umbrella Blissey checks weather abusers, such as Charizard, Venusaur and Kingdra. Rocky Helmet Quagsire is here to further weaken the opposing team.
I remember using this team against MM2 during tryouts for UPL VIII. Then, he asked me to explain this team in details. Here's the exact message I sent:
1629735880009.png

(I just put Utility Umbrella over Shed Shell later, because weathers teams could be a problem)

I made this team for a tournament and I wanted to use Reshiram. At first, I gave it a special set, but Blissey and Tyranitar were a problem. I added Dugtrio to deal with the two aforementioned Pokemon, but if Dugtrio couldn't really remove both or if the opposing Blissey has Shed Shell, Reshiram was pretty much useless. So I decided going for a physical attacker set with Dragon Dance could be better. Tyranitar remained a problem, but it was manageable with Dugtrio. The core of Mew - Corviknight has the purpose of maintaining momentum while forming a good hazards control core. Mewtwo is a threat which is walled by Tyranitar. However, with Dugtrio on the team, the opponent will be forced to make risky plays, fearing a switch to Dugtrio while he's sending Tyranitar. Finally, Urshifu keeps the momentum just like the defensive core while weakening the opposing team for Mewtwo and Reshiram.
This team is pretty offensive and requires the player to always keep the game in control, otherwise the opponent will just destroy him.

Miscellaneous:
  • As you can see, there's some Magearna in this builder. That's because I wanted to try it on "Soft Pass teams". This means Magearna uses Iron Defense, Shift Gear, then uses Baton Pass, and you can give the boosts to a Pokemon such as Necrozma-DM or Dracovish. The strategy was pretty much brainless to be honest, because all you needed to win was a strong abuser, such as Krookodile, Volcarona, Eternatus, Zacian-Crowned, and an opportunity to set Magearna up. The set I used was this:
Magearna @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 248 HP / 24 Def / 24 SpA / 4 SpD / 208 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shift Gear
- Baton Pass
- Iron Defense
- Shadow Ball

The EVs in Speed allow +2 Magearna to outspeed Zacian-Crowned; the EVs in Defense and HP with a Bold nature allow Magearna to live two Earthquake from defensive Necrozma-DM after two layers of Spikes. There's a roll with the offensive variant, but without the Spikes. I do not remember the purpose of the EVs in SpA sadly, and I should have put the remaining 4 EVs in SpD to get a better roll for Eternatus's Flamethrower.
  • Volcarona was a big threat in this metagame, mainly because of Quiver Dance and Dynamax. Also, thanks to Heavy-Duty Boots, Volcarona was able to come on the field easily without being crippled by Stealth Rock. To check Volcarona, people were using Tyranitar and Eternatus, but the first one is threatened by Bug Buzz while the other is threatened by Psychic. So an option was to use Tanga Berry Tyranitar to live a Max Flutterby at +1, and KO Volcarona with Rock Blast or Stone Edge.
  • Weather teams were as strong as in the Post Home metagame with new threats such as Kingdra and Reshiram. To deal with them, I was using Utility Umbrella Blissey, but Snorlax was also an option since Thick Fat is pretty strong against Sun teams. I made a team around it for a friend (here), and it worked well, especially because on a Sun team you want something to counter other Sun teams.

Fourth period
(DLC2 meta with Dynamax)

The builder: https://pokepast.es/7029af6e5b60fb96

Overview:
Now we're gonna speak about the DLC2 metagame, but because of the four bans that happened in its duration, the DLC2 meta will be split into five periods: Dynamax, without Dynamax, without Zacian-Crowned, without Gothitelle, without Zacian-H. The overview will be shorter, since I'll only talk about the metagame; I already gave my thoughts and experiences earlier.
To be honest, I didn't really enjoy the Dynamax metagame, but I wanted to leave my mark on this period with a build. That's mainly why I posted an RMT, to share some thoughts on the metagame, how I build, and what was going on during this period. I also wanted to try the new Pokemon, so I started building around Regieleki, a Pokemon I really really liked. Then I tried Zarude, which I used in kickoff against Skysolo and mentioned in my personal Ubers VR. I tested Garchomp, Calyrex-Ice, Amoonguss and Landorus. You can also see the boxes of my sets in the builder. These are the boxes I added in my personal VR post. So if you want a detailed explanation of all the EVs spreads I'm using during this metagame, make sure to check out this post, and so you can check thoughts other than mine.
The miscellaneous part will be shorter, because what I would want to explain is in the posts above. However, I'll explain why I put specific items and moves on some Pokemon.

Some builds:
I'm explaining only one team for this metagame, as I didn't build many teams since Dynamax was banned quickly, and I found the metagame not really interesting.
For this team, I wanted to try Naganadel and I thought pairing it with Spikes could be a good idea. For the Spikes setter, Ferrothorn seemed like an obvious choice because it was able to check Dynamax Kyogre while removing foes' items with Knock Off. I added max SpDef Yveltal to check Calyrex-Shadow because with Dynamax Calyrex-Shadow could just straight KO fast Yveltal. Now I needed another Pokemon which benefited from Spikes and Kyogre seemed like a good idea, since it was also able to revenge kill opposing threats like Calyrex-Shadow and Zacian-Crowned. During this metagame, and even after, I had a period where I thought Lugia was a great answer to Zacian-Crowned and also a check Zygarde-Complete all while spreading paralysis through Thunder Wave. Finally, I added Groudon to have a Stealth Rock setter. Passho Berry allows it to live well Water Spout from Kyogre under Sun and then do a huge amount of damage with Precipice Blades, or if I needed to Dynamax Groudon in front of Dynamax Kyogre. This team worked well, but Naganadel was the weakest link since using Nasty Plot was almost impossible with all the metagame hitting hard, and Eternatus outspeeding and KOing with Dynamax Cannon.

Miscellaneous:
  • I used Draining Kiss on all my Geomancy Xerneas in order to recover health on Pokemon which Xerneas couldn't OHKO with Moonblast or Thunder. Substitute and Aromatherapy weren't really useful at the time because Dynamax prevents phazing and Max Starfall prevents the Pokemon from getting a status, by setting the misty terrain.
  • Assault Vest Amoonguss was a good check to Kyogre and Dynamax Xerneas, with Grass Knot and Clear Smog respectively. Amoonguss could also be used against choice locked Calyrex-Shadow if Yveltal had already been weakened.

Fifth period
(meta with Zacian-C, but without Dynamax)

The builder: https://pokepast.es/70db2ae8907f8f02

Overview:
I was very glad when Dynamax got banned, so I started to build a lot of teams to see what the metagame looked like. I also once again made boxes with all the relevant sets to help the Viability Council as mentioned on the "story" part.
About Zacian-Crowned, I wanted to see it banned, the only thing troubling me was "How good will Zacian-H be?" I shared my thoughts with the Serial EKillers , and I started to look at which Pokemon could check the Choice Band variation. I checked what coverage Zacian would be running, and I found Amoonguss to be the best check to it. However, I still didn't know how the metagame would wrap around Zacian-H...
During this metagame I made my 100th post, in which I pasted and explained a lot of my teams. For that reason, I will just write about the Genesect build in the "Some builds" section. Also, I need to mention that the only team I didn't build in my entire builder is this one. This team idea comes from Zesty, I just made some changes on EVs spreads and moves. I did not change the original team composition, though.

Some builds:
I always liked Genesect and I was disappointed to see it not being used at all. So I tried to build a team around it, as it has the boon of being one of the few Ubers Pokemon to have a move which gives momentum in U-turn. The purpose of this team is to always stay on top of things with pivoting in the form of U-turn, Volt Switch and Teleport. I then needed a strong breaker which could benefit from this huge momentum support and Calyrex-Shadow was just that. I added Yveltal to deal with Calyrex-Shadow while having access to U-turn. Volt Switch Zekrom pivots on incoming Necrozma-DM, giving Calyrex-S a free switch. Then I added Necrozma-DM to have a Zacian-Crowned answer and a Rocks setter. Blissey was my final choice in order to deal with special attackers, mainly Eternatus and Kyogre. Teleport is here to provide momentum.

Thanks to four of the Pokemon providing momentum, the opposing team should be weakened easily thanks to the combination of VoltTurn and Stealth Rock. As far as Genesect's EVs spread is concerned: 208 SpA allow Genesect's Flamethrower to 2HKO Necrozma-DM after Stealth Rock damage; 184 Speed alongside an Hasty nature allow Genesect to outspeed max speed bases 90; 28 HP allow Genesect to live Astral Barrage from non Choice Specs Calyrex-Shadow; the rest is put in Attack.
I made a second variation of the team, because Edgar, a member of the Serial EKillers, wanted to see Genesect paired up with Mewtwo, so I did.

Miscellaneous:
  • I used a lot RestTalk Geomancy defensive Xerneas because it was a great answer to Marshadow. You just have to Geomancy early in order to lose the item. It was also more reliable than using no item. Indeed, when facing a team with Marshadow, Xerneas was useful. When facing a team without Marshadow, you could use Xerneas's strong offensive power by setting up at the right time. This set straddles between the offensive Geomancy one and the standard defensive one.
  • The first team of this builder features Protect and Toxic Zygarde. This set was used to cripple Ho-Oh and Yveltal mostly, because the team was built around a hazards stack core which benefits a lot from Zygarde being able to get rid of Ho-Oh and Yveltal.

Sixth period
(meta with Shadow Tag, but without Zacian-C)

The builder: https://pokepast.es/60223483062440c9

Overview:
Ah ... The bad old days with this thing named Shadow Tag. During this metagame, there was a period of time where I was making my team like this: "Tangrowth + Steel Resist + Yveltal + check Kyogre + two breakers", and this often ended up with "Tangrowth, Necrozma-DM, Yveltal, Xerneas and two fillers". Hopefully I stopped after a while... only for me to start building with "Amoonguss, Yveltal, check Kyogre and three fillers" this was as bad as the first stunt. Thankfully, I stopped building like this after talking with some other Ubers players. You'll see the changes better in the next time period.
However, even though I was building the same way for almost all my builds, you can see I was building original teams, such as the one with Weather Ball Zekrom or the one with Calm Mind Xerneas and Palkia. I also tried to build around underutilized Pokemon such as Spectrier which my second RMT is about, and Zamazenta-Crowned. I didn't end up making a second RMT on it. I'll briefly talk about Zamazenta-Crowned on the "Miscellaneous" part.

Some builds:
I had the idea of Weather Ball Zekrom by looking for Pokemon which had Weather Ball, yeah, it was pretty simple.
At first, I wanted to build a sun team, and so I added Groudon. Then, I remembered there was a move called Weather Ball, so I tried to find a good sun abuser that got Weather Ball. Zekrom was an obvious pick. With Zacian-Crowned being banned and Zacian-H entering the metagame, Tangrowth was seen more and more, so having a move to OHKO Tangrowth was huge. It also paired well with Groudon, since the latter was walled by Tangrowth. I gave Groudon Thunder Wave and Stealth Rock so I could run a more offensive Necrozma-DM. Ho-Oh was a good fit for the team, pairing well with Groudon's sun and Necrozma-DM. Ho-Oh could take a hit from Zacian, and see what it was locked into. Finally, Eternatus was mandated to deal with Kyogre and Yveltal.
I posted this team in the SS discussion channel in the Serial EKillers Discord. Cromagnet wanted to test it, so he used it for Ubers seasonal. I was glad he won with it.

I built this team for a workshop, the request was "a team with offensive Yveltal".
To fulfill this request I paired Yveltal with Shuckle, making the most standard HO core. The team was for a beginner, so I wanted to make this HO as improofed as possible. For this team, I wanted to build around the Groudon - Xerneas core. The advantage of this core is that Groudon can eliminate Necrozma-DM, while Xerneas can get rid of Zygarde-Complete and Yveltal, which could be annoying with Foul Play. I gave Groudon a Rock Polish set with Fire Blast to deal with Tangrowth. Xerneas runs a RestTalk set to better switch in on Zygarde and Yveltal and not be crippled by Toxic from Eternatus. Regieleki is a great addition for the HO vs HO matchup with Heavy-Duty Boots and Rapid Spin it is tough to deal with for Hyper Offense. It's also a great revenge killer and can paralyze annoying Pokemon. Eternatus has a good offensive presence, benefits from Groudon's sun and can KO Yveltal and Ho-Oh thanks to Meteor Beam.
Yveltal: by Xerneas if Ditto is locked on Dark Pulse / Sucker Punch; by Regieleki if Ditto is locked on Oblivion Wing.
Xerneas: the only Pokemon which is not improofed on the team. Necrozma-DM could be run over Regieleki to improof it, and would still improof Oblivion Wing from Yveltal.
Regieleki: by Groudon.
Eternatus: by Xerneas if Ditto is locked on Dynamax Cannon; by itself is Ditto is locked on Flamethrower; by Groudon, or Necrozma-DM if used over Regieleki, if Ditto is locked on Meteor Beam, but if the opponent clicks Meteor Beam in front of Eternatus ... I don't know what to say.
Groudon: by Yveltal if Ditto is locked on Precipice Blades; by itself, or Necrozma-DM if used over Regieleki, if Ditto is locked on Stone Edge.

Miscellaneous:
(as there's a lot of custom EVs spreads, I won't explain all of them. However, if you want me to explain them to you, feel free to send me a message!)
  • About Zamazenta-Crowned, since it's a good Yveltal check, I thought pairing it with Calyrex-Shadow would make a nice core. Also, with Calyrex-Shadow having Aromatherapy, it could heal Zamazenta-Crowned from its sleep, due to Rest. The EVs spread is for the following: 108 Speed alongside a Jolly Nature allow Zamazenta-Crowned to outspeed Adamant Marshadow; 248 HP alongside 16 Def allow Zamazenta-Crowned to live two Play Rough from Jolly Choice Band Zacian after Stealth Rock; 108 Attack allow Zamazenta-Crowned at +2 to 2HKO defensive Groudon with Close Combat; the rest is put in SpD to get a better chance of not being 2HKOed by non Choice Specs Astral Barrage from Calyrex-Shadow. The chance goes from 11% to 2% with 28 EVs.
  • About Ho-Oh, its EVs spread is for the following: 248 HP alongside 64 SpD allow Ho-Oh to live two Thunder from Modest Xerneas; 248 HP alongside 108 Def allow Ho-Oh to live two Play Rough from Choice Band Zacian; 16 Spe allow Ho-Oh to outspeed paralyzed Calyrex-Shadow; the rest is put in Attack.
  • About offensive Eternatus, its EVs spread is for the following: 184 Speed alongside a Timid nature allow Eternatus to outspeed Adamant Zacian; 48 HP alongside 32 Def allow Eternatus to live Jolly Choice Band Zacian's Play Rough and the recoil from Life Orb; 48 HP allow Eternatus to live Choice Specs Calyrex-Shadow's Astral Barrage; the rest is put in SpA.

Seventh period
(meta with Zacian-H, but without Shadow Tag)

The builder: https://pokepast.es/54997b8b7e6d51f5

Overall thoughts:
Shadow Tag was gone. Finally. I was glad this ability disappeared, and this period is when I started to build differently. This means not with Tangrowth, Necrozma-DM, Yveltal and Eternatus in each team. I also tried some new sets and techs. I'll mention all of them in the "Miscellaneous" part, as I think it would be great to explain how I came up with them.
During this metagame, UPL IX started, where I lost all my matches, but I won all the remaining ones after Zacian was banned. Speaking of UPL IX, I did a team dump post explaining how UPL IX went for me and also the building process of all my builds. You can see it here. So I'll dedicate this period to develop a lot of miscellaneous, as I explained a lot of builds and EVs spreads in the aforementioned post.
I enjoyed finding new Pokemon or cores to build on a lot, and I hope you'll enjoy seeing them!

Some builds:
Yeah, there's a Lopunny on your screen, but do not worry.
Lopunny is one of the three Pokemon which are able to give the foe an Assault Vest, the other two being Golurk and Swoobat. I wanted to try using the combo of Switcheroo, or Trick, and Klutz, because it could cripple key Pokemon in the opposing team. Indeed, an Assault Vest Eternatus or Necrozma-DM becomes useless against Kyogre and Zacian. This is also why I chose to pair up Lopunny with these two. What is more is that Lopunny has some incredible utility moves, such as U-turn, Heal Bell, Healing Wish and Thunder Wave. These moves alongside its good Speed and good neutral typing makes Lopunny better than Golurk and Swoobat for the role I wanted.
Thanks to Switcheroo and Klutz, Lopunny is able to give the Assault Vest to an opposing Pokemon which will prevent this Pokemon from using a healing move. This greatly benefits both Kyogre and Zacian. If Lopunny gives the Assault Vest to Eternatus or Blissey, Kyogre becomes deadly; if Lopunny gives the Assault Vest to Necrozma-DM or Tangrowth, Zacian becomes hard to stop. Also, thanks to Thunder Wave, Lopunny helps Choice Specs Kyogre if the Assault Vest is not given to Eternatus. U-turn helps keep the upper hand versus your opponent during the game. Healing Wish is a great move, especially with Zacian. In a situation where Zacian has been weakened by opposing Rocky Helmets, and the opposing Necrozma-DM is low, because your opponent thinks that sacrificing his Necrozma-DM to KO Zacian is worth it, Lopunny is able to heal Zacian to full health. This situation also applies to Kyogre, and so opposing Eternatus, or if Kyogre or Zacian is paralyzed or poisoned.
I added Yveltal to the team without Knock Off to not remove the Assault Vest Lopunny would give to an opposing Pokemon. Necrozma-DM and Eternatus complete the standard core. I was a bit forced to use this core, since there was a small amount of Pokemon I could add.

Miscellaneous:
  • Let's start with Regieleki from this team. The EVs spread: 236 Speed allow Regieleki to outspeed Choice Scarf Yveltal and Xerneas; 96 Attack alongside 164 SpA allow Regieleki to always KO Blissey after Thunder Cage, Stealth Rock, trapping damage and Explosion; 96 Attack alongside 164 SpA allow Regieleki to always KO defensive Eternatus after two Thunder Cage, Stealth Rock, two times trapping damage and Explosion. The latter is possible thanks to 12 SpD which allow Regieleki to live a Dynamax Cannon from defensive Eternatus. This set allows Regieleki to get rid of the opposing Kyogre check, so Choice Scarf Kyogre can sweep the team. The set can also get rid of Ferrothorn if used correctly. This means you need to set Stealth Rock, use Thunder Cage on the Ferrothorn switch, then Volt Switch, bring Yveltal and use Knock Off. If you repeat this process another time, Ferrothorn won't be able to live two Water Spout from Kyogre. This calculation takes Leech Seed in consideration.
  • Let's move on to defensive Marshadow from this team. The combination of Will-O-Wisp and Knock Off greatly weakens opposing Yveltal and Eternatus, so that Kyogre and Calyrex-Shadow can sweep. Also, if the opponent decides to send his Necrozma-DM, Marshadow is still able to win the 1v1. The EVs in Defense alongside Drain Punch and Will-O-Wisp allow Marshadow to win the 1v1 against Yveltal, Necrozma-DM and Groudon. Knock Off is a good utility move to remove Ho-Oh and Yveltal's items specifically. 68 Speed allow Marshadow to outspeed Landorus and common defensive Eternatus EVs spreads. 252 HP alongside 184 Def allow Marshadow to live five Foul Play from burned Yveltal, as well as five Sunsteel Strike from defensive Necrozma-DM. 252 HP alongside 4 SpD allow Marshadow to live two Dynamax Cannon from defensive Eternatus after Stealth Rock. So Marshadow can remove its item and burn it. I paired this Marshadow with Calyrex-Shadow and Kyogre so they can benefit from Marshadow's ability to burn and remove items from their checks.
  • Next on the list is SubTect Zacian from this team. The goal of this set is pretty simple: PP stalling Necrozma-DM's Sunsteel Strike. Since Sunsteel Strike only has eight PP, this can be done easily. Once Necrozma-DM has no more PP, Zacian is completely free to sweep. I paired this set with Xerneas, because it greatly benefits from Necrozma-DM not having Sunsteel Strike. I added Groudon to the team to provide Thunder Wave and Stealth Rock support, so I can run Dragon Dance defensive Necrozma-DM. Thunder Wave also helps Zacian with its SubTect set.
  • I won't explain Suicune in detail, because its role is evident: PP stalling. This team was built during a live ghosting tournament on the Bandits server, and it was really funny to see this set winning against Demon Eternatus. This game was also a reason why I wanted Suicune to be in the VR when I made this post.
  • Now it's time to talk about Scizor (from this team)! The reason why I built around Scizor is because it's a Steel type without a weakness to Fighting so it can check Xerneas, it has good overall stats, a great priority move, access to U-turn, Knock Off and a recovery move. The EVs spread: 248 HP alongside 80 SpD allow Scizor to live two Thunder from Modest Xerneas; 248 HP alongside 100 Def allow Scizor to live three Earthquake from defensive Necrozma-DM; 8 Spe to have a bit extra speed and the rest is put in Attack. 72 Atk alongside an Adamant nature allow Scizor to have 94% to 2HKO Geomancy Xerneas after Stealth Rock. I paired it with Urshifu and U-turn Yveltal to have a strong U-turn core, so the team could get the upper hand on the opposing team easier. Urshifu benefits from the slow U-turn support, giving it ample opportunities to get on the field and unleash a strong attack.
  • Mienshao (from this team) is a strong answer to defensive Yveltal. Indeed, thanks to Regenerator and Rocky Helmet, Mienshao can constantly weaken Yveltal. Mienshao also has access to U-turn, Knock Off, Taunt and Toxic, which are some great utility moves. U-turn provides momentum, Knock Off removes Heavy-Duty Boots from primarily Yveltal and Ho-Oh, Taunt prevents Yveltal from healing itself and Toxic allows Mienshao to cripple it. Since Mienshao is able to easily weaken Yveltal, I paired Calyrex-Shadow with it. However the team is a bit bad because it doesn't have a answer to Zacian. To be honest, I wanted to run this Mienshao, but forgot to add Necrozma-DM on the team and only saw it on a test game. I then forgot to change it. If you want to modify the team, go ahead. Also, Necrozma-DM can be used over Xerneas and Eternatus over Blissey, to have some Speed control.
  • Let's end this list with Hatterene (from this team). I wanted to build around Choice Band Darmanitan-Galar, and thought using a Magic Bounce user could be interesting, since Darmanitan-Galar is really weak to hazards. However there's not a lot of Magic Bounce users; I would have used Sableye-Mega if mega-evolutions were allowed. So I had the choice between Xatu and Hatterene, but I went with Hatterene since it could be a great check to Zygarde and Eternatus while providing a cleric to the team. The EVs spread: 12 Speed allow Hatterene to outspeed paralyzed Necrozma-DM; 80 SpA alongside a Modest nature allow Hatterene's Psychic to 2HKO defensive Eternatus; 252 HP alongside 104 SpD allow Hatterene to live four Flamethrower from defensive Eternatus; the rest is put in Defense.

Eighth period
(meta without Zacian-H)

The builder: https://pokepast.es/25fbcc81b57766ad

Overall thoughts:
And we've finally reached the last period! The metagame without Zacian-H. I explained most of my builds from this period in my UPL IX dump post. All the EVs spreads you'll see in this builder are explained in the post. So instead I'll mainly write about the unused "ideas" team in the "Miscellaneous" section, and I'll explain two builds which are not from UPL IX in the "Some builds" section.
I was strongly for Zacian-H being banned, since you needed two Pokemon just to check it, which was really restricting the building. I won't write an essay on why Zacian was banned, because there are a lot of great posts in this thread, and especially Manaphy's post which is well written and greatly highlight why Zacian was a problem. Now, let's move on the builds!

Some builds:
The purpose of this team is to make Choice Band Calyrex-Ice shine. Since its typing makes it weak to Stealth Rock and its Speed being pretty low, Calyrex-Ice needed some heavy support. Pivoting support came first, giving Calyrex-Ice more opportunities to unleash a powerful Glacial Lance. The second support is Thunder Wave, so that Calyrex-Ice could sweep in the late game. The third support provided is Defog, so Calyrex-Ice won't take 25% of its health each time it comes on the field. So, I put Yveltal and Blissey, the first having U-turn and Defog, the other having Teleport and Thunder Wave. Because Calyrex-Ice has Trick and it can lure Necrozma-DM, a Pokemon which could benefit from Necrozma-DM having a Choice Band is a great partner. This partner was Xerneas, but with a defensive set to make the team less weak to Marshadow, Groudon and Zygarde. The two remaining things I needed were Stealth Rock and Speed control. Groudon and Marshadow were my choices. Groudon also deals with Zekrom and is a threat the opponent can't ignore. Marshadow benefits from U-turn / Teleport support and from Blissey being able to paralyze Eternatus.

Kartana was a Pokemon I wanted to try as well. At first, I wanted to bring it in Week 7 of UPL IX. However, its main problem is its Speed, hitting just 348 Speed with a Jolly Nature, Kartana is one point slower than Marshadow, and so it is slower than some defensive Eternatus. So I opted not to use it during UPL IX, but settled on building something around it after. Its set allows to win the 1v1 against non Foul Play Yveltal, non Thunder Wave Necrozma-DM, Ferrothorn and Groudon. After a Swords Dance, Kartana is also able to get rid of Pokemon such as Xerneas, specially defensive Eternatus, max HP Ho-Oh, non transformed Zygarde, and max HP Calyrex-Ice.
Since Kartana is immune to Ferrothorn's Leech Seed and thus beats it, I thought pairing it with Zekrom could be a good idea. If there's a Ferrothorn on the opposing team, each time Zekrom comes on the field you just need to use Bolt Strike, then switch to Kartana. This will quickly overwhelm Ferrothorn, so Zekrom can sweep. I paired this core with U-turn Yveltal so I can bring Zekrom and Kartana in more often. I also gave it Foul Play so that Kartana always has a full power Knock Off. I also added specially defensive Necrozma-DM to check Eternatus and Xerneas, which also provides Stealth Rock to the team. Meteor Beam Eternatus is a good addition to the team because it checks Kyogre, can get rid of opposing Yveltal and benefits from Zekrom and Kartana being able to weaken the opposing team. Also, it benefits from Xerneas' cleric support. Xerneas was added to deal with most physical attackers, and especially Marshadow, which could be a problem otherwise.

Miscellaneous:
(All the Pokemon I'll write about is in this "team")
  • Some of these Pokemon had been waiting in my builder since the Sixth Period, I just always put them on top of my builder to remember to build something around them, but as you can see I did not have the time. All the Pokemon I mentioned in the "Miscellaneous" section in the Seventh Period were once in this box. I'd be glad if some of you build teams around these four, as I couldn't build a proper team.
  • First on the list is Nihilego. Nihilego is a great check to Xerneas, defensive Eternatus, Reshiram and Ho-Oh. It also provides Stealth Rock to the team, as well as Knock Off. Clear Smog is here to remove a Geomancy boost from Xerneas, and Power Gem hits Eternatus for neutral and deals huge damage to Ho-Oh. The EVs spread: 228 HP is a Black Sludge number; 228 HP alongside 28 SpD allow Nihilego to live two Moonblast from +2 Modest Xerneas; 152 Speed alongside a Timid nature allow Nihilego to outspeed max speed base 90; the rest is put in Defense to better hold Ho-Oh's hits.
  • Next is Heatran. Heatran is a great counter to Ho-Oh and Eternatus, while being a good check to defensive Xerneas. Like Nihilego it provides Stealth Rock to the team, but also spreads status with Lava Plume and Toxic. Earth Power allows it to hit Eternatus. The EVs spread: 244 HP alongside 148 SpD allow Heatran to live four Dynamax Cannon from Life Orb Modest Eternatus; 28 SpA allow Heatran's Earth Power to 2HKO offensive Eternatus (with Life Orb recoil or with Stealth Rock damage); 28 SpA allow Heatran's Earth Power to 3HKO defensive Eternatus with burn damage; 20 Speed allow Heatran to outspeed most defensive Necrozma-DM; the rest is put in Defense to switch on Ho-Oh during the entire game.
  • Let's move on to Victini. I found Victini when I was searching for a U-turn & Future Sight user. However, Victini also has some other great coverage moves, such as Blue Flare and Bolt Strike, which are useful against the most common Future Sight counters: Yveltal and Necrozma-DM. Glaciate is an option over Bolt Strike to easily deal with Zygarde. The EVs spread: 56 HP allow Victini to live two Dynamax Cannon from defensive Eternatus; max Speed is used to outspeed max Speed Yveltal; 168 Attack allow Victini's Bolt Strike to 2HKO max HP Yveltal; 24 SpA allow Victini's Blue Flare to 2HKO max HP Necrozma-DM; the rest is put in Defense to offset a bit the Hasty nature.
  • This could seem crazy but this Zekrom set wins the duel against Necrozma-DM, Zygarde and defensive Groudon. Zekrom having a good HP stat as well as good Defense stat, this is possible. The moves are pretty standard: Dragon Dance, Roost, double STAB. However, the Dragon STAB is Breaking Swipe which lowers the Attack of the opposing Pokemon by one. Thanks to this move, Zekrom is able to beat the aforementioned Pokemon. The process will often be: Dragon Dance on the switch, Breaking Swipe, Breaking Swipe, Roost, Roost, Dragon Dance etc. Zekrom being Electric type, it is immune to Thunder Wave and Glare which Necrozma-DM, Zygarde and defensive Groudon often carry. The EVs spread: 248 HP alongside 72 Def and an Impish nature allow Zekrom to live two Precipice Blades from defensive Groudon at -1; 160 Speed allow Zekrom at +1 to outspeed Jolly Marshadow; the rest is put in Attack.

My entire SS Ubers builder:
https://pokepast.es/0434ddec5b6f0e79

Shout-outs

Before the conclusion of this post, I'd like to thank all the people who contributed to what I became. I won't be able to mention everyone (because some do not have a Smogon account; also because doing a list of all the people with who I talked, and who were nice with me would be too lengthy). Then, sorry to everyone I did not mention, I still like you!

Gelbel3c for picking me in my first team tournament ever, believing in me and introducing me to Draft League.
Eramoth for introducing me to SM Ubers during the aforementioned team tournament.
Inder for sending me this message at the end of the Ladder tournament with your incredible Meditite profile picture. Thank you for talking with me about many subjects, mainly my weird ideas; I won't forget when I sent you this team with Frisk Gothitelle, and you said "yeah the team is cool".
Staxi for encouraging me at my starts during the Ubers classic.
LBDC for helping me with some of my teams during the Post Home metagame, for the Pokestrat's writing and for the Translation project.
KyogreF4N for making me discover the French Ubers community, as well as testing teams with me.
MMII for letting me help during UPL VIII, talking a lot with me about SS Ubers and ADV Ubers, and always believing in me.
Bouki for accepting me as a writer for Pokestrat.
cromagnet for letting me help during Most Wanted, believing in my builds and being a nice guy.
Palapapop for often talking with me, and testing when you were still playing Ubers.
TonyFlygon Icemaster for being great Ubers tier leaders, and accepting submissions I made to you.
UYG community: Lambovino (even though you play PU), Horodro, Gman (one of the nicest Smogon's user), Astrø, Pujo, Agarica, Skyrio (:astroassis:), S poi re.
Ubers and AG communities: Lasen, Alpha Rabbit, mc56556, Reje, Inspirited, March Fires, iry, steelskitty, Geysers, 64 Squares, CKW, Zesty43, PurpleGatorade, AM, Nevelle, DNNP.
French community: BlazingDark, Cielau, ironwater, Drafeu-kun, Draphirion, Sharow, Yggdrasil60, Hurtadoo, Rinda, Alkione, SiTuM, KabilaPok, Carkoala.
and many many others ...

Conclusion

During this year and a half, I had a lot of fun playing Pokemon Showdown with all of you. I'm very glad I spent this much time on Smogon. I'll probably be here during holidays. If you see me online, do not hesitate to send me a message!
Yours truly:
1629735906982.png

Katy

Banned deucer.
Calyrex-S with Galarian Darmanitan and Zygarde-C Bulky Offense!

:Calyrex-Shadow: :Yveltal: :darmanitan-galar: :necrozma-dusk mane: :zekrom: :zygarde-complete:

Team Import: https://pokepast.es/c93e0bcb66b72432

Team Description: this team is built around with choice specs calyrex-s with aromatherapy to help out the wallbreakers such as zekrom and g-darmanitan. it has specially defensive yveltal for opposing calyrex-s and as a ground immune, whereas necrozma-dm acts like the fairy check to pokemon like xerneas and is the stealth rock setter for this team, while yveltal is the defogger. g-darmanitan is the speed control and to revengekill pokemon with its great stab in icicle crash and its formidable coverage options. rock slide is the last slot given to it, so it can hit ho-oh for an super effective output. zekrom and zygarde-c make use of dragon dance and substitute with their stab moves. zygarde-c has toxic to overwhelm groudon and landorus-t in the long term of the game. this team is basically supporting each other with tools such as thunder wave by necrozma-dm to lure in threats to slow them down and giving them a harder time, those threats can include marshadow, opposing calyrex-s, and yveltal, this makes the own calyrex-s and also g-darmanitan even more threatening in the outcome.

Some Battle Replays: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ubers-1419507668-cbivzsnmlo5etbi8ga8biprnfx7d62ppw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ubers-1419512381-ctc4a3obr7up04eegzhbkcajgrqtr0ypw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ubers-1419518375-ivpo2pk50tv7srp956omhvkizzm9jr9pw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ubers-1419507299-kzeiagzfqz710v7w78zdu8gp8qkas1apw

Shoutouts: Staxi Lasen SparksBlade for helping me building this team and ironwater for playing test games with it! Thanks a lot my guys! ^.^​

Meminger21

Lágrimas Ocultas
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Now that I lost Ubers ssnl here's some teams that I used and want to share:

Zekrom Balance
:Zekrom: :necrozma-dusk-mane: :Xerneas: :Yveltal: :Blissey: :groudon: (5 wins out of 5 games) [5/5]
See my RMT for the description

Ho-Oh Band Balance
:ho-oh: :necrozma-dusk-mane: :xerneas: :yveltal: :blissey: :Giratina: [2/3]
It's really alike the other team, but it has Band Ho-Oh and Giratina to take out the hazards. Xerneas is Air Ballon because of Marshadow and rocks are on Blissey.

Ghost Spam Bulky Offense
:calyrex-shadow: :marshadow: :Landorus-therian: :eternatus: :necrozma-dusk-mane: :yveltal: 0/3 (yes, it lost all battles)
I wanted to build a team with Marshadow and Caly-S, so I put the YEN core and Landorus-T to check physical mons and U-turn to one of the breakers of the team. But it's bad, it loses momentum too easily whenever you put the 4 defensive mons on the field. I built another version of this team that looks better. Here's the other version

Zamazenta-C Stall
:blissey: :ditto: :giratina: :tyranitar: :zamazenta-crowned: :clefable: 0/1
This will be very simple, Blissey and Tyranitar are the special walls, Giratina checks physical threats and uses Defog, Clefable checks Zygarde and uses Knock Off, Zamazenta is another answer to Yveltal, NDM and even Eternatus, it can also be a win condition and Ditto revenge kill stuff. There's also double rocks and I put Crunch on Tyranitar because of its chance of dropping the defense, since the checks to Eternatus can't really touch it.

Same Stall but with Xerneas
:blissey: :ditto: :giratina: :tyranitar: :zamazenta-crowned: :xerneas: 1/1
I had a terrible matchup against robjr, he brought HO with 4 physical breakers, so before the game started I changed Clefable for Xerneas for more bulky and to KO Zygarde (that zygarde had Iron Tail). It turned out he brought another team with a great matchup for me and I won with Xerneas.

Lunala and Caly-S Bulk Offense
:lunala: :yveltal: :xerneas: :necrozma-dusk-mane: :eternatus: :calyrex-shadow: 1/1
This team is really good. Offensive Lunala is great and can be a check to Groudon and Zygarde, Calyrex-S just breaks everything, Eternatus with Meteor Beam allows it to deal massive damage on everything while also soft checking Marshadow.

Clefable Sticky Barb Balance
:xerneas: :clefable: :necrozma-dusk-mane: :yveltal: :ferrothorn: :zygarde: 0/1
This team is also horrible but it makes sense, you basically trick the opposing NDM giving it the Sticky Barb, then Ferrothorn uses Spikes and you win with Xerneas. I wasn't going to bring this team, because it's bad, but my opponent -Fogbound Lake- brought the same team twice and this team apparently had a great matchup, but he ended up bringing a diferent team and I got destroyed - what a way to leave the ssnl.

R8

Leads Natdex Other Tiers, not rly doing ndou stuff
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Contributor Alumnus
National Dex Leader
I got a bit of time lately so i decided to try out stall in ubers, so i built some stuff until something finally worked out. Team reached top50, which was my objective, but obv as i still lack exp in this tier advices are still very well welcomed, so if u have something to say feel free to contact me - and honestly we shouldn't give ladder rankings too much credit imo.
:shedinja: :yveltal: :lunala: :eternatus: :skarmory: :blissey:
(note: etern prolly can run a mixed spread to better handle marsh. Skarmory coud be Whirlwind but i think we might lose to certain NDM sets that way.)
Keep in mind that this team was built for the ladder - as i used smogon ladderr usage stats to figure out what i had to prep for. Priority was thus given to threats that had the most usage. I also wanted something quite sturdy to hazards - hence why there is 5 hdb users - as the hazards game can be a bit tricky to deal with in this metagame, at least from my experience, so the gameplan is often abusing the fact that your opponent is more annoyed by hazards than you are. Also Xatu is shit, mbounce is nice but it rly provides null team compression lol, in a metagame where everything has like 1-2 sturdy counter this is not a pokemon u should be looking for on stall imho.

After trying some stuff, i first went for shedinja because Blissey really feels like a garbage Xerneas and Kyogre check, even if you are insane enough to go max HP. Xern can sometimes fish for Thunder para, and you need rocks off to proprely check specs spout Kyogre. Shedinja isn't really afraid of bad scenarios vs those so i went for that mon instead.

Yveltal cuz uh apparently this mon is p much mandatory to check Caly-S, and even if its sometimes annoyed by trick it worked p well as a pokemon in the stalls i built previously, not only as a Caly-S check but as a mon as a whole. I could have explored the nicher checks like Pory-2 or Audino but eh honestly i don't have the time for this atm, so i just slapped something i knew works.

Lunala is here because i don't know how you are supposed to check stuff like LO Zekrom, Rayquaza, SD Groudon and non-knock offensive variants of NDM otherwise. Especially Zekrom actually lol, i also looked for other potential checks such as spdef hippo and steelix but nothing really provided enough utility to be worth a slot.

Etern was here because there are some LO taunt yveltals running around and i didn't really find any other actually sturdy checks to it. Also apparently it's ok to pretend this is a marshadow switch-in as you outspeed adamant sets and barely avoid the 2HKO from Jolly LO Poltergeist. Of course Etern is also a fantastic mon on its own, Pressure allowing you to win the hazards war vs defog Yvel much faster. I opted for Flamethrower over Mystical Fire because Myst-F is p much useless here and flamethrower added power, PPs and chance to burn is useful vs defensive NDM long term.

Skarm here handle Knock variants of NDM, Defensive toxic Groudon, and set spikes against them. It also handles Weavile, which is also a mon with very few checks, and give GDarm a bit of a thougher time trying to click the right move against this team.

Bliss rounds up the team by bringing rocks and checking Eternatus - including Meteor Beam sets which are rly annoying to check. It also handles some misc special attackers like Palkia and could be an additional check to stuff like CM Kyogre if needed. Being a status sponge is obviously a welcomed trait too.

https://pokepast.es/49547916b8d3e011
landorus-I offense
the idea behind the team is for Aerodactyl to get rocks up and maybe get a tailwind for landorus-I to clean the other team, and whatever cannot be handled by landrous is handled by the big four, for landorus-I I chose grass Knot to break though groudon and Kyogre and to to add to the rock polish set but focus blast is used if you are using gravity to hit ferrothorn and other walls sludge wave is for xerneas earth power is used because it's a super spammable STAB move and lasty rock polish or gravity is used depending on what ever I think we need

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)