Project SS RU Secret Santa 2021

Approved by: phantom
OP borrowed heavily from: czim

2021 SS RU Secret Santa
1639420233733.png

Artwork source
Hello everyone, born again RU main btboy here to help revive the rich tradition of RU Secret Santa. We’re kicking this off a little late in the season, but better late than never and we’ll save the holiday season yet.

As most of you probably know, Secret Santa is an event in which the members of a community anonymously exchange gifts between themselves. In this particular Secret Santa - which works similarly to a teambuilding workshop - each person who signs up will PM me with a Pokemon or a core (I'll provide more information on this below) they'd like someone else to build a team with. Afterwards, everyone who joined the project will receive one of the aforementioned ideas and will have to build a team with it before the submission deadline. Finally, the teams will be sent to the people who requested them and this thread will be used for further discussion. Easy, isn't it? Let's get to the rules then!

General Rules:
  • Post "in" or whatever else you want to (as long as the intent is clear) to join.
  • Don't sign up if you can't guarantee that you'll be able to finish building a team in time.
  • Avoid telling people what request you sent/got, as it could ruin the project's purpose.
Submission Rules:
  • Each request submission should be sent to me through Smogon PM. You don't need to do it right after signing up, but if you fail to do it before the deadline, your sign up will be void.
  • Requests will be looked at on a case-by-case basis. It is preferred that requests be limited to viable Pokemon. Low usage threats with a defined niche may be acceptable, but I will likely ask you to be more considerate of your Secret Santa if you make a request like “Choice Specs Ferroseed.”
  • Cores are usually preferred over individual Pokemon unless one of the Pokemon is known to be hard to build around or otherwise uncommon. Once again, this will be looked into on a case-by-case basis, and while I might not directly enforce anything, I could end up suggesting changes.
  • Requesting specific sets on your Pokemon or core is allowed.
  • After sign-ups close, I'll use the same PM each user sent with their request in order to let them know the Pokemon or core that was assigned to them.
  • Once you're done building, post the team you made on the thread and share the gift! (Try to add a small description to make your gift even better!)
  • You don't have to wait until the building deadline to share your gift, share it whenever you feel comfortable with it!
Recommendations:
  • Don't be afraid to join just because you feel like your teambuilding skills aren't up to par. It’s the thought that counts!
  • I encourage you to build and test with other members of the SS RU community, as this time of year is one in which families/communities spend time together.
  • You're allowed to change requests until the sign-up deadline, but avoid doing it if possible, as it could lead me into making mistakes.

Sign-up deadline: Friday, December 17th 11:59 PM GMT -5

Building deadline: Friday, December 31st 11:59 PM GMT –5

Last edited:
I made a list, I checked it twice, and everyone should have received a message with details regarding their Secret Santa pairing. Please note that if you reached out to me via Discord, I will have sent the information to you through Discord. If you have not gotten a message from me, let me know!

If, for whatever reason, you feel that you will be unable to complete your team before the deadline, please notify me as soon as possible so that I can assist. If you would like help testing your team, I am happy to help with that, as well. You can contact me here or via Discord.

I’m excited to see what everyone comes up with, and I hope you all have fun building and have a safe and happy holiday season.

Merry Christmas 7u9i2!
:Obstagoon::Gardevoir::Talonflame::Porygon2::Nidoqueen::milotic:
You wanted a team with Obstagoon and Gardevoir. These 2 mons work well together forming a nice offensive core, with Obstagoon hitting steels with Close Combat and Gardevoir threating out fighting types with its dual stabs. For their movesets I opted for Obstruct over Switcheroo to make sure you can always activate the guts boost, be able to scout Choice Locked mons and to ease the matchup vs First Impression Golisopod. For the Garevoir set I went with the standard Choice Scarf set of Dual stabs, Trick and Healing wish. This provides some nice speed to the team, ability to cripple walls with Trick and to heal back the aformentioned wallbreacker Obstagoon as it gets worn down throughout the battle. Next up Mimikyu and Cobalion were looking like big threats so I added Talonflame to the team, providing the teams deffoger, some more nice speed control, and of course some hax chance with flame body. Will-O-Wisp is needed to be able to check mimiku, and Brave Bird, Defog and Roost are all kinda Mandatory. I would have liked to fit U-turn to be able to pivot in the breackers but I couldn’t make it fit. No worries though I fit some more pivots later :). For the 4th mon I went with Porygon2 cause Necrozma and Xurkitree were looking very threating. The set is just standard Specially Defensive, acting as a psudo status absorber and proving some momentum with Teleport. Next up Nidoqueen was the rocker of choice. Proving some more wallbreacking power and adding an Electric immunity to the team. Finally to round off the team, Milotic was the choice, giving a much needed Water resist and some more pivoting provided by Flip Turn. The team is by no means perfect and struggles quite a bit with opposing Obstagoon and Shift Gear Toxtricity so keep that in mind. Regardless hope you enjoy the team! S/o thebtboy for hosting Secret Santa, helping me build and testing and also Yourwelcomethanku for some test games too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)