SS RU Reservation Index [OP updated]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am interested in doing the Quagsire analysis. I have also expressed interest in updating Vileplume (removing Zarude mentions, adding synergy with Umbreon and maybe Quagsire) if it's not already being done by someone else. I'm fine with taking on these projects separately as I am new to this sort of thing but yeah, here's my pitch.

Edit: Adding sample sets so you have an idea of what I'm suggesting

This isn't the set I use but I figure a standard Quagsire would probably look like this:

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover
- Earthquake

I personally run a Curse set that might be less popular for its single attack or lack of Toxic (and both of Quag's STABs have common immunities)

Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Curse
- Recover
- Liquidation / Toxic
- Earthquake / Toxic

There's a really nasty Quagsire set with Curse/Amnesia/Rest/Infestation that punishes not having a Grass move (or Freeze-Dry) very hard but I'm not sure if that's analysis-worthy. Please remember I'm new with the forums.

Personally I think Curse is the way more relevant one but I'm not sure how the general public will perceive Scald not being on a bulky water and Unaware deters physical setup pretty well without Curse anyway. I have lots of experience with this poke in this meta but feel free to guide me.

Second edit: also there's a very odd mention of Vileplume in its current analysis being able to avoid a 4HKO from Xurkitree's Tbolt with a certain spread and it makes zero sense considering Vileplume has both Giga Drain and Strength Sap to recover with, and there is no perceivable situation in which Xurkitree is staying in for that long or in which Vileplume needs 4 turns to beat Xurkitree 1v1.

zizalith edit: go ahead with curse quag first and well see how it goes

Last edited by a moderator:
new vr update and stuff to do:
- durant full
- ludicolo
- escavalier
- rotom mow
- solar power heliolisk
- cloyster revamp

- cresselia mini
- porygon-z mini
these two got unranked but given that they're nubl pokemon they still get analyses explaining why theyre unviable and better options to use

as always feel free to suggest outdated analyses to revamp

with nearly every S to A rank pokemon uploaded with full analyses the QC team has decided to expand the full analyses threshold down to B+. Anything lower is up to the writer's discretion, but as of now any pokemon in A- and B+ will be getting full analyses. For analyses in progress I will tag the writers here.
  • Celebi Yourwelcomethanku
  • Diancie
  • Mimikyu
  • Sharpedo
  • Starmie Reece
  • Umbreon
  • Arctozolt
  • Barraskewda Beraldinhoo (given that this is almost finished ill leave it up to you)
  • Darmanitan
  • Dhelmise
  • Gardevoir
  • Lucario
  • Polteageist Flareblitzkreig
  • Snorlax
  • Toxicroak
  • Heracross revamp
Once these are all done we will look into lowering full analyses to B-. Some of these might be outdated so check that the information in these is still good, and unless it's an entire revamp make sure to credit the original writer.

so this flew under the radar for quite a bit but Mandbuzz, Slurpuff, and Mega Ampharos are missing dex entries for gen 7 and are now up for reservation. mandibuzz in particular is quite high priority so if any sm writers would like to help us out with this it would be much appreciated.

also, seismitoad is up for reservation as a revamp and im taking polteageist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)