Project SS OU Teambuilding Competition - Not hosted anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

airfare

is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OUPL Champion
:pelipper::barraskewda::crawdaunt::zapdos::ferrothorn::garchomp:

my new means of ladder farming now that kyurem has kindly left us
chose a more classic take on rain with zap + ferro + garchomp instead of thundy groundless cores or other more modern av melm offensive stuff
crawdaunt, in addition to being able to take a hit from pult, alleviates any possible problems vs fat teams and gives a super strong prio in rain to help combat all of the annoying fishy shit i might see (i hate you trick roomers)
i made ferro this ungodly set after losing a few too many games to pult but it works so whatever
u know what the other 4 mons do

i think this is pretty close to being as defensively solid as rain can be, without any real issues until u face something like a static-dodging kart, low kick weav, or lucky pult

yone

is a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion
The main idea of this team is to make Barraskewda and Rillaboom shine, and it is logical you will tell me, Rillaboom benefits enormously from the departure of Kyurem and this makes it much easier to play the RillaZone core, which in trap the Steel-type opponent Pokemon such as Corviknight or Kartana who easily handle a banded Grassy Glide, makes work easier at Rillaboom, which is also convenient is not needing a specific response from breakers like Tapu Lele or Urshifu-R since Rilla's presence is enough on its own. This team also presents enormous offensive pressure and the pivoting provided by the two offensive breakers ensures correct momentum, coupled with the fact that this team is also built on stack hazard, it is difficult to counter for an oppo with a passive team or so who not taking enough risks.
Since this is my first team presentation outside the VGC, I don't know what else to add, knowing that it is still rainy and that the benefits of this playstyle are known to everyone!

Thanks for reading !

Last edited:

Zeno420

Banned deucer.
Time to vote for:pelipper: + :barraskewda:

Reminder: the voting system used is the Ranked Pairs format (the same as CAP uses). To vote you basically order your options like this: C>B>A>D, like this A>B=C>D, or like this D>C, assuming there are 4 team options (A, B, C, and D). If you choose not to vote for all teams, the last team(s) will be assumed to be last and valued equally if more than one got left out. Additionally, don't vote for your own submission.

Team A by Katy
Thundy Rain feat. Dual Hazard Stack and Double Boots!

:garchomp: :ferrothorn: :pelipper: :barraskewda: :thundurus-therian: :volcanion:

pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/efadabcd169f163a

explanation: this team is built with thundy-t, as it is a strong nasty plot setter and with volt absorb it can relieve some pressure naturally on this team, also ferrothorn can combat weavile and can check water-types like tapu fini and it can check opposing rain abusers like barraskewda. garchomp sets up stealth rocks and it has aqua tail in its arsenal to hit landorus-t and hippowdon for great damage. pelipper is the usual damp rock set and has u-turn to bring in its teammates safely, whereas volcanion profits from the rain and has a hard hitting steam eruption in it. earth power is for toxapex and sludge wave for fini, whereas flametrower hist opposing ferrothorn and other grass-types really hard. skewda is the usual cb set with psychic fangs in its last slot to combat toxapex better. flip turn is another way of granting this team some momentum.

in overall, this team has a grass-resist, a ground-type, two electric immunes and multiple ways to deal with opposing water- and grass-types. furthermore, this team has 2 ground-immunities in pelipper and thundy-t. i think thundy-t is very underrated on rain teams but after a +2 its thunder is very deadly and can prove itself as a potent breaker and coupled with heavy-duty boots it has some longevity to combat its weakness in stealth rocks, so its opportunities to get a setup are increased.
Team B by airfare
:pelipper::barraskewda::crawdaunt::zapdos::ferrothorn::garchomp:

my new means of ladder farming now that kyurem has kindly left us
chose a more classic take on rain with zap + ferro + garchomp instead of thundy groundless cores or other more modern av melm offensive stuff
crawdaunt, in addition to being able to take a hit from pult, alleviates any possible problems vs fat teams and gives a super strong prio in rain to help combat all of the annoying fishy shit i might see (i hate you trick roomers)
i made ferro this ungodly set after losing a few too many games to pult but it works so whatever
u know what the other 4 mons do

i think this is pretty close to being as defensively solid as rain can be, without any real issues until u face something like a static-dodging kart, low kick weav, or lucky pult
Team C by Hervalt
RainaBoom
:Pelipper: :Barraskewda: :Rillaboom: :Ferrothorn: :Garchomp: :Magnezone:
https://pokepast.es/fcb7aa7b5e579a81

The main idea of this team is to make Barraskewda and Rillaboom shine, and it is logical you will tell me, Rillaboom benefits enormously from the departure of Kyurem and this makes it much easier to play the RillaZone core, which in trap the Steel-type opponent Pokemon such as Corviknight or Kartana who easily handle a banded Grassy Glide, makes work easier at Rillaboom, which is also convenient is not needing a specific response from breakers like Tapu Lele or Urshifu-R since Rilla's presence is enough on its own. This team also presents enormous offensive pressure and the pivoting provided by the two offensive breakers ensures correct momentum, coupled with the fact that this team is also built on stack hazard, it is difficult to counter for an oppo with a passive team or so who not taking enough risks.
Since this is my first team presentation outside the VGC, I don't know what else to add, knowing that it is still rainy and that the benefits of this playstyle are known to everyone!

Thanks for reading !
You have 2 days to vote!​

B > A = C

I was trying myself to build a rain team and I ended up with an identical peli-ferro-skewda-zap-chomp structure, only difference was a disappointing and honestly shameful lack of Crawdaunt on my part.
The greatest Pokémon of all time shall be disrespected no more.
:Crawdaunt: is a king

...having built the same structure without even knowing what was already submitted, airfare's team looks more solid to me than the other two. Having such a god-tier Pokémon on top of that is just overkill at that point. I would tweak a couple set (i.e. toxic on either zap or peli to pressure gastrodon) but overall everything looks solid

Zeno420

Banned deucer.
B>A>C
A>B>C
B>C>A
B>A=C
B>A>C
C>B>A
C>B>A
C>A>B
C>A>B
B>C>A
C>B>A
B>A>C

After putting in the votes, the winner of this week is team B by airfare. Congrats and your team will be added to the archive soon!

Week 54: Trick Room
:ss/hatterene: :ss/porygon2:

Porygon and hatterene are both stables of trickroom offering splendid defensively utility. Hatterene is a great lead preventing hazards while also having the ability to easily set up trick room and bringing in a teammate. Porygon functions to the same extent but also has access to recovery and is a great ghost immunity checking pult. Both members can facilitate for its teammates on trick room allowing them to get in hits as easy as possible. Trick room has always been considered a niche but it can surprise a lot of teams if played right.

You have until Friday, the 7th to build teams around trick room!
giving people 2 weeks this time around because of the holidays and New Years!

AoA Guts Conkeldurr + Future Sight Slowbro TR

:Hatterene::Slowbro::Porygon2::conkeldurr::Marowak-alola::Melmetal:

Nothing special about Hatterene I suppose, Trick Room with Healing Wish for support + momentum with 2 moves for damage.
Double Trick Room + Teleport helps to play more comfortably, Future Sight is amazing combined with 3 physical Pokémon, Body Press is a good lure against Dark-types that come in to try a free Knock Off on something.
AoA Conkeldurr is a beast. Ice Punch is my preference for quickly taking down Landorus-T but EQ is ok to avoid contact and still hit Toxapex.
Marowak-Alola is purposefully with Lightning Rod for Regieleki's reasons. People love it and it's always a trend. (Although I recognize its merits, I just think it takes too much support, if other things in the metagame receive the same commitment and dedication... "cough" Volcarona)
I have rarely needed Stealth Rock and an extra cover is more lacking for itemless Slowbro and Toxapex, also Tyranitar or a random Snorlax.
1 IV speed to be faster than others Marowak-Alola outside Trick Room.
Melmetal is the Steel-type, I need flexibility in this Pokémon and 4 contact moves are very punishing for not using Protective Pads.
The lack of ground resistance is a bit annoying but it's not a big issue and the team has a lot of useful immunities, so Trace Porygon2 is the way to go (pseudo Fire immunity against Heatran and Intimidate copies of Landorus-T).

Happy holidays and an amazing new year to everyone!

Last edited:

Maxouille

Gastrodon east sea <3
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
3 TR 3 AoA

:Hatterene::Porygon2::cresselia::crawdaunt::Marowak-alola::Melmetal:

If you were alive during OLT you certainly already saw this 6 or some varitants with a ground type. Here's my thought on it, this used to be one of my favorite pick to climb the ladder and I will explain you why those spreads and sets are superior. so we usually lead with Hatterene but you can also predict heatran/melmetal lead with crawdaunt/maroak for exemple. So this one is pretty self explanatory magic bounce stop hazard combined with the focus sash it allow you to setup TR 99,9% of the time(80 ev in order to survive banded surging strike from urss) , then the persistant healing wish will prove to be very useful later. You can also keep it alive vs stall mu with skarm/toxic spikes toxapex. Then you have 3 turn in order to do smth with one of your three destructive abominations, keep in mind that toxapex (and slowbro obv) is usually slower under TR so you can check that with crawdaunt easily and deal massive damages btw. For Slowbro maroak tank one scald and its a OHKO thx to poltergeist. Then the rest of the tier get 2HKOed by melmetal or flinched to death anyway. Also keep in mind that lunar dance also restore PPs so dont be gready and click double iron BASH haha. the most dangerous treats to the team are weavile sword dance, dragapult urshifu, melme and kartana SD. We have RH on cresselia for some, mostly urshifu and melmetal. Crawdaunt can switch once on Weavile and Dragapult's shadow ball if you lost dumbly your offencive-defencive Porygon-2 which can sweep easily unprepared offence/HO teams once heatran or slowking galar is gone. also eq on melme is better than superpower or ice punch

Last edited:
TR Arctozolt + Blizzard Alolawak

hatterene is a staple on trick room. pretty standard set with psychic and mystical fire as attacking moves and healing wish to preserve your tr attackers
porygon2 is another trick room staple with teleport to safely bring in your tr attackers nothing special otherwise. ice beam to take out dragapult and others
arctozolt is a funny late game sweeper. banded bolt beak does all of the damage when ground types are gone especially since 4/6ths of this team has an ice move. icicle crash is for stab and any garchomp/landorus switching in, low kick is for steels, and stomping tantrum is for volt absorbers. (also volt absorb is because this team has no electric resists otherwise)
alolan marowak is also very cool. flare blitz and poltergeist are for stab with rock head. earthquake is for coverage, and blizzard is for specially defensive landorus and dragonite/garchomp (helpful for getting rid of ground types for a late game arctozolt sweep) with enough evs to always 2hko dragonite.
protective pads melmetal also crushes everything with double iron bash and doesnt have to take recoil/rocky helmet/iron barbs/rough skin damage. earthquake pairs well with double iron bash and thunder punch and ice punch are for coverage.
shuca cress can somewhat beat knock off which this team is really weak to besides melmetal. moonblast is for knock off users and ice beam is for pokemon that are weak to ice beam ( a lot of viable pokemon fall under this category)

Last edited:

After putting in the votes, the winner of this week is team E by Zeno420 because it should have won that week wtf. Congrats and your team will be added to the archive soon!

Week 55: Terrakion

OmariP keeps talking about it so it's probably good ig idfk.

You have until 5 minutes to build teams around !
seriously, what happened to this thread?

That is the funniest shit I've seen lately on this forum lmao
I do have a terrakion team I'm testing although I'm way off the 5 minutes deadline, so I need approval from Tapeworm to submit it :smogduck:

EDIT: People do be out here disrespecting deadlines ffs
:terrakion: :slowbro: :zeraora: :zapdos: :landorus-therian: :ferrothorn:
sd pjab terrakion and bu zera as wincons that abuse future sight and pressure each others checks like buzz and lando, fsight bro is needed for this to work and also ice beams garchomps that are way too comfortable, zap and lando keep momentum very well while applying pressure with status, knock off and hurricane chip on those mon, ferro with a funny bulldoze tech to annoy tf out of magnezones that try to be funny and switch into it to setup (also because a magnezone that sets up is scary af since my offense is physical)
i had some games in the last couple days, nothing crazy but terrakion is goated so he should rise to S- and I'm lowballing it.

Last edited:
About the last round, I liked both B and C (even with P2 Download), B is a bit more standard and Crawdaunt is always solid, but the lack of Electric immunity makes me go to C, besides not being every day in which an Arctozolt is seen out of the Hail.

ASAP Terrakion build for Tapeworm rules (sorry I'm late)

:Terrakion::Kartana::Corviknight::Slowbro::Landorus-Therian::Primarina:

CB Terrakion to break and weaken teams and ScarfTana to clean up.
Don't ask me about Corviknight EVs, but it does Corviknight stuff.
Slowbro Future Sight support, this is always broken with a CC user and double momentum with Eject Button and Teleport, Terrakion appreciates it a lot. Lando is here to no one's surprise but Earth Power for Kartana.
I wanted a different Fairy-type with momentum and here we have Primarina. Your EVs are purposeful but I don't want to extend the post.
Yes, the team has been tested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)