Project SS NU Boss of the Sauce: Season 2: The Revival and Rebrand @ #264

Aawin

whole lotta vibes in the city
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
NUPL Champion
Apologizing for the delay all, but week 4 has been over for a hot second. Congrats to Mariannabelle for winning the week, as well as the creative set bonus with the epic Skuntank set! Points are below. For this week, Elo won't be listed, I had a paper with the Elo of everyone on it but I lost it lmao

Boss- Mari - 21 pts (18 + creative set bonus)
2nd - your____bro - 15 pts
3rd - Ho3nConfirm3d - 13 pts
4th - skierdude101 - 11 pts
5th - Aawin - 9 pts
6th - Yoshiblaze - 7 pts
7th - Parpar - 5 pts
8th - Bad Player - 3 pts
9th - Rubicon - 1 pt
10th- xerovis lucario1582 Luck O' the Irish Sablenite
No participation- schleeby SpookMÆN

Week 5 will be up soon I promise!

Aawin

NUPL Champion
Week 5 is here!

Week 5 - Tritype Steak

This week is a bit odd, so bear with me. This week is focused on mons with similarities- that similarity being type!

The requirements- 6 mons will share typing with one another. This mon must fully share the type with each other.

Example (provided by xerovis)- Wishiwashi/Politoed/Decidueye/Gourgeist/Miltank/Kangaskhan - water + grass/ghost + normal

Please confirm with me if the team is legal or not, illegality will result in loss of points, loss of position, or total disqualification. There must only be two mons of each type. Pokemon with no others to share a type (ie Toxicroak) are not allowed.

This week will start tomorrow, August 7th at noon gmt -4. Do not ladder until then. This week will end on 8/13 at 11:59 PM gmt -4

Last edited:

Aawin

NUPL Champion
Cashing in, 1235 elo, this game sucks, not posting my team or any of that shit. Don't feel like torturing myself by untilting. Taking a mental leave, return date tbd, this project is going to be on hold for the time being before I throw my computer and myself off a 4 story duplex

Guess I'll be the first second to cash out again. Less games than the last, but more ELO in the end. Funny how part of this game works like gambling: dare you risk the precious points to climb higher, or will you lose it all in the dead of night, with no way to reclaim?

sauce.png

sauce2.png

Arctovish @ Icy Rock
Ability: Ice Body
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hail
- Freeze-Dry
- Surf
- Super Fang
The first of the Ice/Water pairing. If I was going to use Beartic alongside Avalugg, the first thing that came to mind was getting something that could put up hail that wasn't named Abomasnow, who would be weighed down by a paired Snover. While the hail/icy rock setup was just for Beartic, this thing would at least appreciate the Ice Body recovery because the other half of him already knows how to drink water. On the bright side, I saw the benefit in running Freeze-Dry on this thing. Started out with Meteor Beam over Surf for some dumb reason, thinking I had enough water coverage, but that was stupid. Speed outpaces everything up to Adamant Crustle, though I don't think I ever got the chance to fight him...

Lapras @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Whirlpool
- Perish Song
- Protect
- Life Dew
The second of the Ice/Water pairing. This looks awfully familiar. Pretty much the same stuff from the last BOTS, because I needed a special wall, and while I was no longer limited to "usually useless" moves, I still liked having Life Dew keep me awake.

Arctozolt @ Salac Berry
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 30 HP
- Substitute
- Stomping Tantrum
- Bolt Beak
- Icicle Crash
The first of the Ice/Electric pairing. I already had a scarf-bearer in the next set, so I wanted to try something a bit more interesting. I wanted to be free of the usual trappings that having a scarf puts me through anyway. Substitute with a Salac Berry gives me a similar speed rush while it lets me do something like challenge Lanturn that wants to come in on Bolt Beak, who then takes a lot more damage from Stomping Tantrum. HP Puts me at 320 HP, which asks that I only need 3 bean bags to eat the Salac berry.

Rotom-Frost @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Defog
- Volt Switch
- Blizzard
The second of the Ice/Electric pairing. I get to run some standard-issue stuff that's not dependent on other things, so that's nice. Trick to cripple things that want to put hazards on my side, defog to get rid of them, and attacking moves to hit.

Beartic @ Life Orb
Ability: Slush Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Icicle Crash
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower
The first of the pure ice pairing. Another one of the things I like to run normally, only this time without the Aurora Veil to back me up. She was still able to put in the good work I needed her to.

Avalugg @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- Mirror Coat
- Recover
- Rapid Spin
The second of the pure ice pairing. This one went through a small change as well: the item. I started off with Boots to ensure that if the time came, I could guarantee pulling off a super-powered Mirror Coat. But when Malamar came along, I needed to switch back to Rocky Helmet so I could hurt him back.

Toss-up between the Arcto-fossils, but since Arctovish is mostly there to help out just one particular teammate...
881Arctozolt.png

Danny

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
ZU Circuit Champion
I know some people have mixed feelings about this week, but I had a blast. I started with a boring modification of my sand team from week 3, but I decided to switch it and up and attempt making a stall team.

534C9586-7339-4F91-AB08-45A6D4E8C9F1.jpeg

Pyukumuku @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spite
- Block
- Recover
- Toxic
Pyukumuku because Unaware, I didn’t want to use Quagsure and it’s pre-evolution because that would hamper my team down too much.

Politoed @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Whirlpool
- Perish Song
- Toxic/Earth Power
- Rest
I wanted to try one of the drops, and politoed fit so well. I went for the trapper set to ease my opposing fat matchup. Toxic for Lanturn/Rotom forms. I switched back and forth between toxic and Earth Power, because toxicroak was such a threat to my team. The roll is 53-67 no investment, which is pretty good to catch it on the switch if it believes it walls me. Not many people expect Perish Trap Politoed because it is so new, so I caught a few people by surprise.

Miltank (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss
- Milk Drink

Basic SR setter of the team. Opted for defensive because I like to maintain a balance of 3/3 on most of my stall teams. Defensive also helps with the Sandaconda matchup which is one of the scariest mons to face on stall. In hindsight SpDef might have been better for Decidueye’s Hurricanes, but I like symmetry.

Lickilicky @ Leftovers
Ability: Oblivious
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Knock Off

The cleric of the team, this mon is a beast. It walls most special attackers in the tier, and was the MVP of the run. I don’t even want to think of how many times double protect saved me games, and the ability to always provide support due to Oblivious made this a necessary pick for this team.

Weezing @ Black Sludge
Ability: Neutralizing Gas
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Toxic Spikes
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest

Weezing walls those annoying grass types not named Decidueye, who even with the Miltank was an annoying mon. Toxic spikes also allowed me to beat down offense easier, and not allow key threats like Sawk in for free. The set is standard except for rest, which was there for reliable recovery. I don’t believe in Pain Split, it is just not that good because it depends on your opponent, and I couldn’t leave anything up for chance. Neutralizing Gas was very useful. On other stall teams, it allows me to beat Spdef Clef, which actually eats sludge bombs like a champ. It also lets me get my spikes up against Hattrem.

Silvally-Poison @ Poison Memory
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 248 HP / 112 SpD / 148 Spe
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Rest
- Flamethrower
- Multi-Attack

The defogger of the team, this guy is a favorite on my non-Weezing stall teams, and is a decent defogger. I hate using Defoggers that lose to common setters,but due to the restrictions of this week, and the fact that I needed a Toxicroak check, Silv was the only choice. Flamethrower 3HKOS croak after rocks/LO damage, and it takes very little damage from his attacks. Multi Attack is there for Alcremie, which fucked me on my second game. Rest is there for recovery. The speed EVS are there to outspeed base 70s

Politoed @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Whirlpool
- Perish Song
- Toxic/Earth Power
- Rest

No one expects perish trap Politoed, but when good players see it, they have 4 plays to make. Volt switcher, U turner, ghost type, or the ugly frog. Earth power was a interesting tech that I think softened the croak matchup a little.

1597378163317.png

This week was tough, it's pretty hard to build a team with only three type combos that doesn't have defensive holes, so games were pretty matchup dependent.

I experimented with a bunch of stuff, but settled on
:Kangaskhan:-:Bouffalant:-:Cofagrigus:-:Cursola:-:Weezing:-:Garbodor:

Creative set for this week is Offensive Weezing:

Weezing @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball / Thunderbolt / Psybeam
- Pain Split

Honestly plays pretty similar to Skuntank, but hits a tad harder and has a very useful immunity with Levitate. It caught alot of opponents off guard and put some nice dents as they switch around trying to position themselves against it.

This week's concept was sick, I just kinda suck lmao

Team: :maractus::eldegoss::cofagrigus::silvally::basculin::wishiwashi-school:

This team was originally "What if I had a Fire/Water/Grass core but twice" which is the sole reason why Maractus was on this team to begin with but at the end of the day that version of the team went 0-4, so I went with Ghost instead for spinblocking and better Pokemon. The only 2 Pokemon that survived since version 1 of the team were Basculin and Maractus. The final version of the team went 3-1 but after the initial pain, I just got to 1100 and called it a run lmao

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nu-1168022603
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nu-1168016447-cl0248vhx3q1atwunhxf65wlz356rnqpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nu-1168020889-vlsf813ff8d6rfq29p36j6cbhb2ojz1pw

Creative Set:
:sm/maractus:
Tactics (Maractus) (F) @ Focus Sash
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 15 SpA
- Spiky Shield / Grassy Glide (V1 when Thwackey was on the team)
- Spikes
- Knock Off
- Endeavor

There are better leads and better hazard setters out there but I loved using this thing, it was the only consistently effective thing on the team. Get a Spike up or two and then Endeavor to basically kill a mon and now it's 5v5 but I lost a Maractus and you lost a probably really good Pokemon. Also, killing something with Endeavor -> Spiky Shield is never not funny

Mariannabelle

chill guy
bots5.png

i ended up trying out several different teams, but this was the best one:

https://pokepast.es/348c046324f701c9

Ninjask because it's Ninjask, Butterfree cuz I had to, Lanturn because it's good, Chinchou because I had to (I ended up running a Water Absorb/Volt Absorb pair), then Gurdurr and Hitmontop as a hazard removal core that has a rough time vs ghosts. It was a bit rough to get Ninjask to work correctly this time around, but the score wasn't too bad.

My creative set this time around:

Topper (Hitmontop) (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Triple Axel
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin

This Hitmontop functioned as an secondary sweeper of sorts, in addition to obvious hazard removal role; getting a Rapid Spin off makes it fairly speedy, and the remaining moves are there to hit as much stuff as I can. Earthquake punishes the Poison walls while protecting me from Rocky Helmet/Aftermath, and Technician Triple Axel is just a nice neutral attack in general. The Lum Berry let me push past or get extra damage on stuff that wanted to wisp me, like Cofag.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)