Project SS NU Boss of the Sauce: Season 2: The Revival and Rebrand @ #264

Aawin

whole lotta vibes in the city
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
NUPL Champion
Okay everyone, I apologize for the long wait, but please vote for the creative set, the bonus points will be added to the score in an edit to this post

Irish's Slowpoke
MegaMeme's Flapple
Stepbro's Marill
Mari's Farfetch'd-Galar
Parpar's Gloom
Aawin's Alcremie
Skierdude's Hakamo-o
Xero's Machoke (he forgot to register and post, but he does have a set)
Results for last week are also below, congrats to Parpar for winning this week, docking a pt from stepbro, mari, and irish for not completely following the theme (used LC's).

Boss- Parpar - 1401 Elo - 18 pts
2nd- your____bro - 1472 Elo - 14 pts (15-1)
3rd- Mariannabelle - 1446 Elo - 12 pts (13-1)
4th- Luck O' the Irish - 1401 Elo - 10 pts (11-1)
5th- Aawin (what a surprise) - 1337 Elo - 9 pts
6th- Meri Berry - 1329 Elo - 7 pts
7th- Ho3nConfirm3d - 1310 Elo - 5 pts
8th- skierdude101 - 1227 Elo - 6 pts (3 from placement, 3 for creative set)
9th- Catalisador - 1138 Elo - 2 pts
10th- xerovis Mega-Pokebattlerz - 1 pt
No participation- schleeby - 0 pts

Last edited:

Aawin

NUPL Champion
Welcome to week 7 everyone, two more weeks (this one and w8) before the tour! With the new September shifts, I give you a new theme-

Week 7- Survival of the Classics (shoutout to xerovis for such a baller name)

The challenge- Do you remember the greatness that was the August meta? Well as a participant this week, you will too! This week, you are to build a team with NO NEW DROPS! This week is all about the glory of the past and how we all wished for the meta to be over

The bans- New drops , Ninjask, and stall playstyles (people thought I was kidding about those last two so gotta flex on em)

This week will run until September 15th at 11:59 pm gmt -4. Any laddering after deadline will be met with a swift DQ

Also, I'm reverting to the old method for signups, google forms is too annoying for me to keep track of tbh. Sign up in the thread!

Please share the project with anyone who might be interested, wanting to get a lot of hype for the tour!

Edit 1- please make sure your games are public!

Last edited:

Danny

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
ZU Circuit Champion
Welcome to week 7 everyone, two more weeks (this one and w8) before the tour! With the new September shifts, I give you a new theme-

Week 7- Survival of the Classics (shoutout to xerovis for such a baller name)

The challenge- Do you remember the greatness that was the August meta? Well as a participant this week, you will too! This week, you are to build a team with NO NEW DROPS! This week is all about the glory of the past and how we all wished for the meta to be over

The bans- New drops , Ninjask, and stall playstyles (people thought I was kidding about those last two so gotta flex on em)

This week will run until September 15th at 11:59 gmt -4. Any laddering after deadline will be met with a swift DQ

Also, I'm reverting to the old method for signups, google forms is too annoying for me to keep track of tbh. Sign up in the thread!

Please share the project with anyone who might be interested, wanting to get a lot of hype for the tour!
bots7 ye ye

Last edited:
I don't see a whole lot going on right now, so I'm calling it in
BOTS.png

I used the team that I mentioned in my Bazaar post, which was made in mid-late August, 11 days before the shifts took place, so there's my legality check. It was interesting to see how it could fare against the newcomers.

rotom-trick.png

Maytag (Rotom-Frost) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Trick
- Defog
- Volt Switch
- Blizzard

Ice may be my favorite type of all time, but Trick is my favorite move of all time.

Only played 11 games and won 10 of 'em, was fun to see if august teams can stand up to the heat of September drops.

1600354643405.png

The team was an updated boots-spam team, originally created by Davon but that I spiced up for september. The main change I made was dropping persian-A for Type:Null. I wanted a physically defensive pivot to properly replace persian's role in the team and in this case I didn't want it to be weak to fairy and bug. I went with unique Type:Null set, as its stellar bulk and ability to rest off hits/hazard/status provided useful for the team, as well as its phasing capability worked well with the hazard stack that was on this team already.

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball

Froslass (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Poltergeist
- Triple Axel
- Spikes
- Taunt

Kangaskhan (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Scrappy
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch

Rotom-Fan @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Air Slash
- Volt Switch
- Nasty Plot
- Will-O-Wisp

Silvally-Dragon @ Dragon Memory
Ability: RKS System
Jolly Nature
- Multi-Attack
- Flame Charge
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Type: Null @ Eviolite
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Rest
- Roar
- Sleep Talk

Creative Set:
Null and Void, snoozy tanker of attacks, ruiner of setups and absorber of statuses.

:ss/type_null:
Type: Null @ Eviolite
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Rest
- Roar
- Sleep Talk

Attachments

Aawin

NUPL Champion
Some of you have wondered what's happened to this project, so I feel obligated to let yall know-

tl;dr- the project is kinda dead, I want to get to the tour as soon as possible, week 9 will be a rebranded Boss of the Sauce.

I've been pretty busy with balancing business calls (starting job training this Thursday), mons, and schoolwork (I'm currently a freshman in college taking 14 credits this sem, which doesn't seem like a lot but the classes are difficult). I haven't really thought about this project for a bit, which is why it's been barren for the past 12 days or so. My game plan for the future of this project is to award points this week, congrats to Rubicon for winning boss status, points will not be posted here but on the google sheet (will be linked in an edit to this post). Week 8 will not be happening, and instead I will be awarding 10 points to everyone who signs up. Bonus points will be given out to the 3 people who make me laugh the most with their sign-up (equivalent of creative set).

The tour will be happening, and I'll figure out who the 8th boss will be here shortly. The tour will be hosted in the Boss of the Sauce Hub Discord server, link to that will also be posted in an edit, and I promised that I would let yall know how that works. Everyone is allowed to join the server, and those who did not get a slot in the tour will be given a spectator role to watch the games.

Week 9 of this project will probably come in early to mid October with a rebranded system (hint- the points system is going away, meaning less time commitment to the project, as well as new themes and challenges. The creative set will be awarded as usual, and that person will get a custom role in the Discord server). More info to come on the future of this.

I encourage you to share this post and let people know, so we can generate more hype for the rebranded project. Thank you to all the people who signed up to play, and GW for making some content on it, I appreciate it

Last edited:

Aawin

NUPL Champion
Drop your sign-ups for week 8* here for 10 free points added to your score, and the top three responses (based on if it makes me laugh a lot) will get bonus points

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)