Resource SS Monotype Sample Teams [Crown Tundra]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drapion spread is to outspeed max speed base 80s (prominently Togekiss), while having rest of the EVs in HP and SpDef so it can better switch into coverage moves of Psychic types. Mandibuzz has enough speed for outspeeding Adamant Azu to avoid being swept by BD sets with a chipped Hydreigon, with the rest of the EVs in HP and Defense.
Thank you.

Hey guys, so this is actually my first post on the smogon forums. I've been playing showdown on and off since gen 6, and monotype has solidified itself as my favorite metagame. I started playing again with crown tundra and have been having a lot of fun. At the time of writing this, I've pushed this team to #47 on the ladder, sitting at 1638. Slowking-galar is an incredible tool and IMO a should-be staple for poison, so I wanted to write about the team I've used the most seeing as there's no sample team including it at the moment.

Nidoking (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze
- Recover

Slowking-Galar @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Future Sight
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower
- Scald

Salazzle (F) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Corrosion
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Sludge Wave
- Toxic
- Nasty Plot

Drapion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang

Weezing-Galar @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
Bold Nature
- Strange Steam
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog
- Pain Split

As mentioned, I really wanted to build a team around slowking-g. Its incredible special bulk, great move pool, and ability regenerator make it one of if not the best assault vest users in the meta. With enough investment, there is no special move this pokemon cannot live. For example, 160 SpD (still modest) allows you to guarantee live LO landorus earth power, and KO back with ice beam. I do not believe it is worth sacrificing some of its threatening offensive presence just for this matchup, but I just wanted to give an example of what it can do. Scald is the interchangeable move here, you could opt for a one turn psychic move (psychic, psyshock, eerie spell could be cool), ice beam, grass knot etc, but I like scald for potentially burning the physical attackers you will inevitably force in (as well as deal with heatran). Physically defensive pex is its regenerator counterpart, allowing for easy pivots between the two. I like t spikes over toxic on pex because even just this pairing of two pokemon will force a lot of switches (also why I love future sight on slowking), but toxic would help the flying MU. Rounding out your defensive mons is weezing-g, which is also your defogger and ground immunity, and is also crucial in checking urshifu-s. Next is your typical wallbreaking nidoking. The two wild cards here are definitely salazzle and scarf drapion. These serve to check some faster pokemon. For example, scarf drapion will revenge kill zydog with ice fang, which is a pokemon that will otherwise 6-0 poison relatively freely. It will revenge kill speedy ghosts, psychics, dragons, usually catching opponents by surprise and thinking they can stay in freely to KO with EQ, thousand arrows, etc. It misses out on the KO on lando-i, but knocking off the LO will allow slowking-g to comfortably survive earth power with no SpD investment for the revenge kill with scald. Air balloon salazzle is another way to revenge kill lando, as well as nasty plot/toxic on its switch out if it doesn't run psychic (I've seen more gravity + sludge wave). I mostly wanted salazzle, though, to ease the steel matchup as well as the poison ditto, as it can toxic them for free with its ability, corrosion. Steel is probably the most common type I run into. Its only good switch in is heatran, which gets toxic'd on the switch, allowing you to wear it down and setup for a salazzle sweep late game. That's all I can think of for now. Thanks for reading!
Dude, i really liked your team.
As a monotype player, most of my games i spend with poison, so i have some questions about very comun threads.
How this team manages Excadrill?
And A-raichu?

Dude, i really liked your team.
As a monotype player, most of my games i spend with poison, so i have some questions about very comun threads.
How this team manages Excadrill?
And A-raichu?
Well it's tough for any poison team to manage drill, but you'll wanna keep balloon on salazzle if it's scarf mold breaker...if it's sand rush with rock slide you basically lose while sand is up, though weezing and pex can each eat a hit to scald/will o wisp. Alolan raichu is handled by slowking.

Electric

Tapu Koko @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Grass Knot
- Volt Switch

Raichu-Alola @ Life Orb
Ability: Surge Surfer
Modest Nature
- Rising Voltage
- Psychic
- Surf
- Grass Knot

Magnezone @ Air Balloon
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 168 HP / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Discharge
- Flash Cannon
- Body Press
- Volt Switch

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Toxic
- Pain Split
- Volt Switch

Zapdos @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 240 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Discharge
- Heat Wave
- Defog
- Roost

Zeraora @ Choice Band
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Blaze Kick
Tapu Koko is the anchor to set terrain that the rest of the team can abuse. Choice Scarf is used as a way to fast pivot and check opposing Scarf users without relying on terrain (which can be cleared by Defog now). Raichu-Alola with it's signature ability abuses Terrain with Rising Voltage for a large damage output. Magnezone is used to check the main threat to Steel, Excadrill by trapping and KOing with Body Press (replacing Hidden Power Fire from last generation). Magnezone's trapping can be useful for other threats as well and also provides a strong threat to Fairy. Rotom-Wash is a pseudo Ground immunity and check to Ground; Toxic is used to break walls but Will-o-Wisp can used as well. Zapdos is a full Ground immunity; the Heavy-Duty Boots makes Zapdos a much stronger hazard clearer this generation. Discharge and Static are used to maximize odds of paralyzation with Heat Wave as strong coverage against Grass. Zeraora is an immediate threat that is a real power house with Terrain up. It has great coverage combined with its high speed and attack to make a great wallbreaker.

Steel

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD
Impish Nature
- Protect
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Spikes

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Calm Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- King's Shield
- Shadow Ball

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 56 SpA / 120 SpD / 80 Spe
Calm Nature
- Protect
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Toxic

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
Relaxed Nature
- Protect
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower
- Leech Seed

Melmetal @ Choice Band
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Double Iron Bash
- Thunder Punch
- Earthquake
- Superpower

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
Ferrothorn is a mixed wall most notably to check Water types. Spikes are used instead of Stealth Rock because they can stack and most types that are weak to Stealth Rock tend to over compensate with Heavy-Duty Boots. Aegislash is EV'd to survive special hits because King's Shield can help neutralize physical threats. Fire coverage is generally on the special side so Heatran is EV's for special defense with 56 EVs to more effectively KO opposing Heatrans. Celesteela rounds out the defensive core with a standard defensive set for Ground and Fighting threats. The immunity core of Steel combined with Protect provides a very difficult core to break. Combine that core with Melmetal, which is capable of breaking most any wall, and Bisharp to discourage clearing Spikes you have a good recipe for success. Bisharp is also ideal with Sucker Punch to provide an alternate form of "speed control" since this team lacks a Choice Scarf user.

If Melmetal gets banned I'll be trying out Excadrill, Coballion, Jirachi, or Lucario possibly.

Dragon

Kyurem @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Earth Power
- Roost
- Substitute

Dragapult @ Leftovers
Ability: Infiltrator
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Darts
- Phantom Force
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon

Latias (F) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Healing Wish

Duraludon @ Leftovers
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Iron Head
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail

Garchomp @ Leftovers
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Scale Shot
- Fire Fang
- Swords Dance
With the ban of Kyurem-Black, regular form is used as a way to break Water. Sub Roost helps to ensure Kyurem stays healthy in both HP and status. Dragapult is a great setup sweeper with its high speed and attack combined with its signature move and Infiltrator to optimize sweeping capbilities without having to worry about Focus Sash. Hydreigon is used as a sort of wallbreaker with its high special attack and great coverage moves. Latias is a combination of utility and speed control. Defog to clear hazards and Healing Wish to bring back another team member. Duraludon's high physical defense makes it great as a hazard setter and utilizes Thunder Wave and Dragon Tail to phase opposing threats. Garchomp can now be used as a "Double Dance" sweeper with the new move Scale Shot allowing Garchomp to boost both its attack and speed.

Rock

Shuckle @ Red Card
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sticky Web
- Encore
- Knock Off

Aerodactyl @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Adamant Nature
- Dual Wingbeat
- Stone Edge
- Fire Fang
- Dragon Dance

Nihilego @ Power Herb
EVs: 80 Def / 176 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Meteor Beam
- Sludge Wave
- Grass Knot
- Thunderbolt

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 84 HP / 252 Atk / 172 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch

Stakataka @ Chople Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Lonely Nature
IVs: 14 Def / 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Superpower
- Heat Crash
- Trick Room
Shuckle is the main hazard setter of the team. Because of the offensive nature of the team, it does not include a Water immunity so Shuckle with Red Card is used to force out set up sweepers like Azumaril. Aerodactyl is used as a Ground immunity and set up sweeper to apply pressure to Fighting. Nihilego is EV'd to gain a Speed boost from Beast Boost; Meteor Beam with Power Herb provides a boost to Special Attack with the remaining coverage slots to help beat Water. Terrakion fills the same role as past generations as the speed control. Tyranitar is EV'd to outspeed walls that creep base 50s and is an immediate threat that doesn't require set up. Stakataka rounds out the team with a solid way to check Steel types. EVs and IVs are set up to gain an Attack boost from Beast Boost with Chople Berry to ensure the set up of Trick Room.

Psychic

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball

Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Aura Sphere
- Defog
- Healing Wish

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 192 SpD / 64 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- U-turn

Victini @ Choice Band
Ability: Victory Star
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Brick Break
- U-turn

Slowbro @ Rocky Helmet
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off
- Teleport

EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Eerie Spell
- Sludge Bomb
- Fire Blast
- Foul Play
Tapu Lele anchors the team as the speed control and Terrain setter. Latias acts as backup speed control and utility with Defog and Healing Wish. Aura Sphere is used to hit Dark types. Jirachi is set up to set Stealth Rock and neutralize threats with Thunder Wave. This also allows it to take advantage of Serene Grace with increased flinches on Iron Head combined with paralyzation from Thunder Wave. Victini acts as a wallbreaker with Choice Band and it's naturally high BP moves in V-create and Bolt Strike. Slowbro is your physical Defense wall and slow pivot. Thunder Wave helps assist Jirachi and Victini while Teleport allows you to switch out at the end of the turn to maximize your switches. This combined with Regenerator helps maintain Slowbro's HP. Slowking is a backup Special Defense wall because Jirachi doesn't have reliable recovery. It also helps with wide coverage range with Foul Play to discourage setting up against it.

Fairy

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Flamethrower
- Substitute
- Nasty Plot

Klefki @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
Bold Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave

Weezing-Galar @ Black Sludge
Ability: Neutralizing Gas
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Will-O-Wisp
- Toxic Spikes
- Pain Split

Tapu Koko @ Expert Belt
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Grass Knot
- Volt Switch

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Belly Drum
This team is functions similarly to Fairy in previous generations. Togekiss is used as a stallbreaker with Substitute to avoid status and Nasty Plot to break strong defensive cores in Steel and Poison. Klefki reprises its role as Screen and Hazard setter from previous generations with Thunder Wave used to help slow down opposing threats. Foul Play can also be used. Weezing-Galar is added to provide a larger hazard stack for a primarily offensive team. With the loss of Hidden Power, Expert Belt was chosen to take advantage of the wide coverage of Tapu Koko and compress the role of Tapu Bulu into this slot to cover Water all in one. Tapu Lele is used as speed control; this works especially well because of the inherent boost to Psychic attacks with Psychic Surge. Azumarill finishes the team as a set up sweeper that takes advantage of Screens set by Klefki. Sitrus Berry is used again now that Z moves have been removed to replenish some HP after setting up. 4 EVs in HP ensures that Sitrus Berry is activated after Belly Drum exactly.

Water

Pelipper @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Drizzle
Bold Nature
- Hurricane
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn

Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Mystic Water
Ability: Unseen Fist
Jolly Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Close Combat
- Bulk Up
- Aqua Jet

Kingdra @ Choice Specs
Ability: Swift Swim
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Dragon Pulse
- Hurricane
- Ice Beam

Toxapex @ Eject Button
EVs: 248 HP / 132 Def / 128 SpD
Calm Nature
- Knock Off
- Recover
- Haze
- Sludge Bomb

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Damp
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Protect
- Flip Turn

Dracovish @ Choice Band
Ability: Strong Jaw
Adamant Nature
- Fishious Rend
- Crunch
- Psychic Fangs
- Outrage
This is a pretty standard Swift Swim Water team. Pelipper is the Terrain setter and hazard management. EVs and Heavy-Duty Boots are for maximum survivability. Urshifu-Rapid-Strike is to help break defensive and Protect cores by taking advantage of it's signature move and ability. Kingdra acts as the speed control and is your Rain abuser. The moves are for maximum and consistent damage output without the worry of missing. The last move can also be Hydro Pump, Draco Meteor or even Flip Turn. Toxapex with Eject Button and Regenerator is a great way to start a game and pivot straight into a threat after setting Rain. Sludge Bomb is used to check Grass types, most notably Tapu Bulu with Knock Off to help neutralize faster threats that can't be handled without Rain. Swamper is the preferred Electric immunity because of its bulk, ability to set hazards and the new addition of Flip Turn to allow for a slow pivot. Dracovish finishes the team as a nuclear bomb of a wallbreaker. Choice Band Fishious Rend on its own can break almost any wall even if it resists, but combined with Rain support there is almost no switch in for this.

Poison

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 132 Def / 128 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Haze
- Toxic
- Recover

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Spore
- Foul Play
- Synthesis

Nihilego @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Power Gem
- Sludge Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam

Nidoking (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock

EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Eerie Spell
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Bomb

Crobat @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Defog
- Roost
- Taunt
Toxapex is part of the main defensive core and uses Haze to stop the opponent from setting up sweepers against you. Amoongus with full physical defense EVs is the best check to Ground with Spore to put opponents to sleep. Slowking-Galar rounds out the defensive core as the check to incoming Psychic attacks. Slowking-Galar was chosen over a Dark type because of it's wide coverage, ability and superior bulk. Nihilego is used for speed control with a strong capability to sweep in the late game with Beast Boost. Nidoking is used to set Stealth Rock and break types like Steel with Ground and Fire coverage. Crobat is used as a Ground immunity and utility to clear hazards andstop walls from recovering or setting hazards again.

Fighting

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Iron Head
- Megahorn

Keldeo-Resolute @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Taunt
- Calm Mind

Cobalion @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave

Urshifu @ Black Glasses
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Wicked Blow
- Bulk Up
- Sucker Punch

Zapdos-Galar @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Thunderous Kick
- U-turn
- Brave Bird
- Stomping Tantrum

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Poison Jab
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
Terrakion is speed control with its high base attack and high BP STAB moves. Iron Head to cover Fairy and Megahorn to cover Psychic. Keldeo is your first setup sweeper with Taunt to shut walls down from recovery or setting status. Cobalion is used as a fast bulky utility to set Stealth Rock, stop opposing hazard leads and neutralize threats with Thunder Wave. Urshifu is your Psychic immunity and with its signature move and ability a strong threat that can break a lot of type cores. Zapdos-Galar is added as an immediate power threat with Choice Band and also punishes opponents trying to clear hazards with Defiant. Thunderous Kick is a great way to break walls by dropping their defense. With the team being primarily physical and Water having a lot of strong threats Toxicroak is used to soak up Water attacks (pun not intended) and gain free set up turns.

Fire

Torkoal @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Yawn
- Rapid Spin

Cinderace @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Libero
Jolly Nature
- Pyro Ball
- High Jump Kick
- Sucker Punch
- Bulk Up

Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Psychic
- Quiver Dance

Blacephalon @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock
- Trick

Volcanion @ Choice Specs
Ability: Water Absorb
Timid Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Flamethrower

Moltres @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Scorching Sands
- Defog
- Roost
Torkoal is the anchor of Fire teams filling multiple roles; hazard control, Stealth Rock setter, Sun setter and physical wall. Cinderace is a great sweeper with Libero essentially making every attack STAB. Volcarona with Heavy-Duty Boots can now set up without fear of Stealth Rock and uses Psychic as the coverage of choice to damage opposing Toxapex. Blacephalon is the speed control using Psyshock specifically to hit Nihilego (a major threat to Fire) for the most damage possible because of it's high special defense. Volcanion is a great addition thanks to Crown Tundra that allows Fire to have an immunity to one of its biggest weaknesses, Water. Lastly Moltres is a utility to provide another weakness immunity and more hazard control.

Ghost

Blacephalon @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Flame Charge
- Substitute

Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Ability: Disguise
Jolly Nature
- Play Rough
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Cursed Body
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Thunderbolt

Dragapult @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Darts
- Phantom Force
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute

Aegislash @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword
- Swords Dance
- King's Shield

Golurk @ Focus Sash
Ability: No Guard
Adamant Nature
- Dynamic Punch
- Poltergeist
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
Substitute to avoid status or Leech Seeds, Flame Charge to gain speed and Beast Boost provides a special attack boost to make Balcephalon a strong sweeper. Mimikyu functions exactly like it has by utilizing its signature ability to be able to set up Swords Dance and effectively check Dragon types. Gengar boasting great speed and special attack make it a perfect Choice Scarf user for speed control. Again, Dragapult's high speed and attack make it a great set up sweeper. Using Clear Body so it isn't effected by Sticky Web or Intimidate though Infiltrator works well also. Aegislash is used as a way to check Dark types like Bisharp, Urshifu and Hydreigon with Colbur Berry. Golurk is a slightly different choice for Stealth Rock setter but provides an Electric immunity and a generally more offensive presence for this hyper offensive build.

The last few teams are essentially resubmissions. After testing I found that the additions from Crown Tundra were fun but still overshadowed by existing team options or there was no change to the type.

Dark

Mandibuzz (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Heavy Slam
- Thunder Wave

Urshifu @ Black Glasses
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Wicked Blow
- Sucker Punch
- Bulk Up

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon

Grimmsnarl (M) @ Light Clay
Careful Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Taunt
- Spirit Break

Bisharp @ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
Mandibuzz is a staple defensive wall that helps check Fighting types as well as clear hazards on your side of the field. Tyranitar is the best Special Defense wall with Sand Stream providing an inherent boost to its own special defense. Urshifu is a great wallbreaker with Bulk Up to boost attack and its signature ability and signature move to cripple most any defensive core. Hydreigon's naturally high special attack compliments the speed boost from Choice Scarf. Grimmsnarl is a second check to Fighting and Screen setter by utilizing Prankster. Bisharp is used to check slower Fairy types and discourage hazard clearing with Defiant

Bug

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Knock Off

Volcarona (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Psychic
- Bug Buzz

Heracross (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

Galvantula (M) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Compound Eyes
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Energy Ball
- Bug Buzz
- Volt Switch

Shuckle (M) @ Mental Herb
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sticky Web
- Knock Off
- Encore

Golisopod (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Emergency Exit
EVs: 196 HP / 252 Atk / 60 Spe
Adamant Nature
- First Impression
- Liquidation
- Aqua Jet
- Spikes
Sadly with Crown Tundra Bug did get some additions, though the best ones were banned. The only remaining consideration was Buzzwole which could be used in place of Heracross on this build. Scizor is used as it always has been in the past as an immediate threat taking advantage of its high attack, ability combined with Bullet Punch for major damage output. Volcarona has gotten so much stronger this generation with the addition of Heavy-Duty Boots allowing it to set up so much easier. Psychic is the preferred coverage move to beat Toxapex. Heracross acts as our speed control; though it doesn't boast a huge speed stat, combined with Bugs great hazard stack capabilities (Sticky Web most notably) Heracross can be a very strong late game sweeper with Moxie. Galvantula is the best way for Bug to put a dent in both Water and Flying types. Thunder Wave can be used in place of Volt Switch though with the aggressive nature of Bug the pivot helps apply offensive pressure. Shuckle is the anchor of Bug by setting Stealth Rock and Sticky Web, which is what allows Bug to apply and keep pressure on the opponent. Knock Off is used mostly for Scarf Dracovish which otherwise can threaten the entire team. Lastly Golisopod is used for secondary priority attacks and more hazard stacking. Araquanid can also be used in this position for a better check to Fire.

Normal

Blissey (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Natural Cure
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled
- Teleport

Diggersby @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Facade
- Fire Punch
- Quick Attack

Braviary (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Transform

Heliolisk @ Expert Belt
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot
- Focus Blast
- Glare

Bewear @ Leftovers
Ability: Fluffy
EVs: 92 HP / 236 Def / 180 Spe
Impish Nature
- Drain Punch
- Darkest Lariat
- Bulk Up
- Substitute
Functioning very similar to previous generations we start with the special defensive wall for Normal, Blissey. The change this generation is the addition of Heavy-Duty Boots which helps Blissey avoid chip or status from hazards. Chansey with Eviolite can also be used in this slot. Teleport is used in the last slot as a way for Chansey to slow pivot out at the end of the turn to allow Normal to gain some momentum, something it has struggled with in the past. Diggersby remains the strongest physical threat. Facade is used for STAB with a respectable 70BP, 100% accuracy and the ability to double in power if status is applied. Braviary is the check to Fighting and your hazard control with U-turn to also pivot to gain momentum. Ditto is sort of speed control and anti setup; Transform allows you to take the boosts from your opponent coupled with Choice Scarf for effective reverse sweeping. Heliolisk is used as a Water immunity and to break the Water core. Glare is used to help neutralize threats that may overwhelm Normal. Bewear is replacing P2 this generation and helps to check against Steel. Drain Punch can help recover HP and Darkest Lariat hits Ghosts that otherwise would wall Bewear.
Hello I just wanted to ask, what is Magnezone's role?

Hello I just wanted to ask, what is Magnezone's role?
Magenzone's role on Electric teams is to act as an emergency check to Scarf Excadrill given the Zapdos cannot take 2 Rock Slides from Exca (given it's a specially defensive Zapdos) or as a measure to beat Ferrothorn. When running an Iron Defence set it can also 1v1 Dragon Dance Dragapult abusing Phantom Force with Iron Defence (if running Iron Defence) opening up Koko to beat Dragon teams or Zeraora and Raichu A for Ghost teams.

485.png
797.png
681.png
530.png
385.png
598.png

Scarf Jirachi
steel.gif

Hello to everyone who read this. I have recently started playing monotype and I have get to Top 100 on the ladder with 1615 of Elo.
Sin título.png

So I wanted to share the team that I used . This is my first post so sorry if I am doing anything wrong or I am missing something. Thanks for your attention.
Heatran @ Air Balloon
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Stone Edge

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower
- Protect

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- King's Shield
- Shadow Ball

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Trick
- Healing Wish

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
Impish Nature
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Spikes
Offensive heatran with max Speed to outspeed others Heatrans and air ballon and Stone Edge to check Moltres,Sand Rush Excadrill and Quiver Dance Volcarona. Physicaly defensive Celesteela to deal with Ground and Fighting types like Garchomp or Buzzwole. Specially defensive Aegislash to have a Fighting inmunity and wall special threats. To end the defensive core,Ferrothorn with a mixed defensive set to put spikes and improve the matchup against water. Choice Scarf Jirachi to give the team speed control. Trick to cripple walls like Hippodown and Healing Wish to heal win cons like Ferrothorn if it gets burned or lost Leftovers against water teams. Having choice scarf Jirachi allows Excadrill to run a SD + Rapid spin set to cancel Air ballon Magnezone as a check.

Edit: In the import, I put Sword Dance instead of toxic in Excadrill.

Last edited:
Balanced Ghost
View attachment 296523View attachment 296524View attachment 296525View attachment 296526View attachment 296527View attachment 296528

Hello everyone and I think this is my 3rd post on the forums. I am still new to forums so if there are any errors feel free to criticise me.
Jellicent (M) @ Colbur Berry
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 240 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover
- Taunt

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Trick

Dragapult @ Dragon Fang
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Darts
- Phantom Force
- Substitute

Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Shadow Claw
- Play Rough

Corsola-Galar @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Strength Sap
- Stealth Rock
- Night Shade

Spectrier @ Choice Specs
Ability: Grim Neigh
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Mud Shot

I started this team with jellicent. It's such a good Pokemon being able to suck up hits and completely wall some types. It is specially defensive so it doesn't take up corosla's role as the physically defensive Pokemon of the team. Corsola's role is to stop physical attacks and to set up rocks. The rocks then help the offensive members or the team Dragapult, Gengar, Spectreir, and Mimikyu. Starting with Dragapult its a Sub Dragon Dance variant, what can set up on pokemon disabled by curse body or walls like pex. It's also good as a lead being able to break sashes like Garchomp and Galvantula. Gengar is the speed control. It has trick to take care of Tapu Fini as it usually gets to set up for free, Being able to come in a threaten a pokemon to switch is good as trick can cripple another Pokemon. Mimikyu does was it usually does, sets up and does damage. Its really important when the opponent has an Urshifu as keeping it's disguise up is crucial to winning. Last but definitely not least is Spectreir. Its the pure power that pretty much carries the team on most neutral match-ups. Jellicent and Corsola can spread status, allowing Specitreir to use its powerful 130 base power Hex move. This powerful boost allows it to slowball and win most of the time.
Replays:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8monotype-1235815818
Vs Ground
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8monotype-1236359622-9leexb2cvv4gl6e1d5lsw1uqqgndd1tpw
Vs Dark
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8monotype-1235668908
vs Water
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8monotype-1236392436
Vs Steel
This Is A Great Team

How
I built a bunch of teams for samples. Here they are below.

Samples Dump

Bug
HO Bug ft. Flame Orb Guts Heracross

:scizor::volcarona::buzzwole::araquanid::galvantula::heracross:
Scizor @ Metal Coat
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 180 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Dual Wingbeat

Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Flamethrower
- Psychic
- Substitute / Roost

Buzzwole @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake
- Leech Life

Araquanid @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Atk / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sticky Web
- Liquidation
- Magic Coat
- Toxic

Galvantula @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Modest Nature
- Thunder
- Bug Buzz
- Energy Ball
- Agility

Heracross @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Facade
- Knock Off
This is a fairly standard Bug team, with a few changes. I decided to make Heracross into a Flame Orb Guts set, as this allows Buzzwole to run Choice Scarf Ice Punch still while still providing the team an out against Steel's Defensive core. Araquanid was chosen as the web setter because it can apply pressure while setting Sticky Web and allow Galvantula to run a set to better take on Water and Flying teams. Substitute or Roost can be run on Volcarona. The former helps you dodge status, while the latter helps Volcarona's longevity.

HO Bug ft Ribombee
:shuckle::volcarona::scizor::buzzwole::galvantula::ribombee:
Shuckle @ Mental Herb
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sticky Web
- Encore
- Final Gambit

Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Psychic
- Roost

Scizor @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Superpower

Buzzwole @ Choice Scarf
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake
- Leech Life

Galvantula @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Timid Nature
- Agility
- Thunder
- Energy Ball
- Bug Buzz

Ribombee @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Shield Dust
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Moonblast
- Energy Ball
- Psychic
This team isn't much different from the one posted above; instead, it features Shuckle as the Sticky Web setter, with Ribombee as a secondary Quiver Dance sweeper and gives the team a good chance at beating Dragon.

Dark
Balanced Dark

:mandibuzz::tyranitar::hydreigon::weavile::urshifu::drapion:
Mandibuzz (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Toxic
- Protect

Urshifu @ Black Glasses
Jolly Nature
- Wicked Blow
- Close Combat
- Sucker Punch
- Bulk Up

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

Weavile @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick

Drapion @ Black Sludge
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 120 SpD / 136 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off
- Taunt
- Toxic Spikes
Not much to say here, another fairly straight-forward standard Dark team. Drapion was added as a 6th to help take on the Fairy matchup and act as Toxic Spikes/Knock Off support.

Screens HO Dark
:krookodile::tyranitar::grimmsnarl::hydreigon::moltres-galar::urshifu:
Krookodile @ Focus Sash
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Taunt

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam
- Ice Punch

Grimmsnarl (M) @ Light Clay
Careful Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Spirit Break
- Taunt / Thunder Wave

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

Moltres-Galar @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Berserk
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Hurricane / Air Slash
- Fiery Wrath
- Agility

Urshifu @ Black Glasses
Jolly Nature
- Wicked Blow
- Close Combat
- Sucker Punch
- Bulk Up
I wanted to include a screens Dark team, this has all the classic abusers Bulk Up Urshifu-S and Dual Dance Galarian Moltres, lead Krookodile, a form of Speed control in Choice Scarf Hydreigon, and finally a breaker in Choice Band Tyranitar. Shoutouts to Decem for giving me the idea of using Galarian Moltres here.

Dragon
Lead Garchomp Dragon

:dragapult::dragonite::garchomp::latias::latios::dracovish:
Dragapult @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Darts
- Phantom Force
- Substitute

Dragonite @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Multiscale
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake

Garchomp @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Healing Wish
- Defog

Latios (M) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Mystical Fire

Dracovish @ Choice Band
Ability: Strong Jaw
Adamant Nature
- Fishious Rend
- Outrage
- Psychic Fangs
- Crunch
This is a fairly standard Dragon team with Lead Garchomp.

Screens Dragon
:duraludon::hydreigon::garchomp::latios::latias::dragonite:
Duraludon @ Light Clay
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Steel Beam
- Thunder Wave

Hydreigon @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Substitute

Garchomp @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Fire Fang

Latios (M) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Aura Sphere

Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Defog
- Healing Wish

Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed
This is a screens Dragon using Duraludon as a screens setter. Hydreigon, Garchomp, and Dragonite are the screen abusers, while Latias acts as support/revenge killer, and Latios is a Specs nuke.

Zydog Dragon
:duraludon::latias::dragapult::kyurem::zygarde-10::dragonite:
Duraludon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Flash Cannon
- Body Press

Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Healing Wish
- Defog

Dragapult @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Darts
- Phantom Force

Kyurem @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Freeze-Dry
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power

Zygarde-10% @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
Jolly Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Toxic

Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
This is a pretty self-explanatory Zydog Dragon team, lead Duraludon, with Scarf Latias bringing in Healing Wish and Defog support, a breaker in Specs Kyurem, and setup in Dragonite and Dragapult. Shoutouts Splash for passing this team for samples.

Electric
Update to the Electric sample teams. I decided to revamp the Rotom-W team, thanks to LuckyPiper for tweaking it for me and getting rid of the team with Rotom-Mow. Instead, I decided to feature a team with Regieleki from Splash!

Standard Electric
:tapu-koko::raichu-alola::zapdos::rotom-wash::zeraora::magnezone:
Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Dazzling Gleam
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot

Raichu-Alola @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Grass Knot
- Volt Switch

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 100 Def / 160 Spe
Timid Nature
- Discharge
- Heat Wave
- Substitute
- Roost

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 116 SpD / 44 Spe
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Toxic
- Defog

Zeraora @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Jolly Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Bulk Up

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Analytic
Modest Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Steel Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
Tweaked the existing standard electric team into this.

Regieleki Electric
:regieleki::tapu-koko::zeraora::zapdos::raichu-alola::rotom-wash:
Regieleki @ Choice Specs
Ability: Transistor
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Rising Voltage
- Ancient Power

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Dazzling Gleam
- Grass Knot
- Thunderbolt

Zeraora @ Expert Belt
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Plasma Fists
- Knock Off
- Close Combat

Zapdos @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Def / 64 Spe
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Heat Wave
- Defog
- Roost

Raichu-Alola @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Rising Voltage
- Psychic
- Grass Knot
- Focus Blast

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
Fairly standard Regieleki Electric team, no explanations really needed. Thanks Splash again for passing this to me.

Fairy
Grimmsnarl Fairy

:klefki::tapu-bulu::azumarill::tapu-lele::grimmsnarl::tapu-koko:
Klefki @ Light Clay
Bold Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave

Tapu Bulu @ Leftovers
Ability: Grassy Surge
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Horn Leech
- High Horsepower

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 120 Def / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Brick Break

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Thunder

Grimmsnarl (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Darkest Lariat
- Sucker Punch
- Substitute

Tapu Koko @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn
- Roost
- Toxic
I feel like the only set that needs to be explained is Azumarill. Its HP is a multiple of 4, best for Belly Drum + Sitrus; Brick Break allows it to target Melmetal. Its Speed allows it to bop minimum speed Celesteela; then the rest is put into defense for bulk behind screens against such foes as Excadrill. Team made by Floss.

Clefable Fairy
:tapu-koko::tapu-lele::tapu-bulu::azumarill::klefki::clefable:
Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot
- Dazzling Gleam
- Roost

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Stone Edge
- Horn Leech
- High Horsepower

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Belly Drum
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet

Klefki @ Light Clay
Bold Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave

Clefable @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Knock Off
Team made by Decem, not much to explain about it.

Fighting
HO Fighting

:buzzwole::cobalion::keldeo::terrakion::urshifu::zapdos-galar:
Buzzwole @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Leech Life

Cobalion @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt

Urshifu @ Black Glasses
Jolly Nature
- Wicked Blow
- Close Combat
- Sucker Punch
- Bulk Up

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Flip Turn

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab

Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Brave Bird
- Blaze Kick
- U-turn
This team is fairly straightforward, nothing too complicated. Keldeo and Galarian Zapdos form a nice choice-wallbreaking / momentum pivoting core.

Fire
Standard Sun Fire

:torkoal::cinderace::volcarona::heatran::victini::blacephalon:
Torkoal @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Yawn

Cinderace @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Libero
Jolly Nature
- Pyro Ball
- High Jump Kick
- Sucker Punch
- Bulk Up

Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Psychic
- Substitute

Heatran @ Air Balloon
EVs: 32 HP / 224 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Taunt

Victini @ Choice Band
Ability: Victory Star
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Trick

Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower
- Psyshock
The Fire team is fairly self-explanatory, Sun+a bunch of fire stab to abuse the power boost. Volcarona can beat Toxapex and avoid its Toxic with Substitute. Blacephalon can revenge kill Nihilego with Psyshock, and Heatran can survive +2 Power Gem after Stealth Rock or +1 Meteor Beam. Victini hits like nobody's business under the sun and can pivot in teammates with U-turn.

Flying
HO Flying

:aerodactyl::landorus-therian::dragonite::tornadus-therian::celesteela::zapdos-galar:
Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Taunt

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Defog

Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- Heat Wave

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Autotomize
- Flash Cannon
- Air Slash
- Giga Drain

Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Brave Bird
- Blaze Kick
- U-turn
Aerodactyl is the suicide lead. Choice Scarf Landorus-T acts as removal as well as a revenge killer/electric immunity. Dragonite, Celesteela, and Tornadus-T make up the setup core. Finally, Galarian Zapdos is a wallbreaker with U-turn to help gain momentum for the team.

Ghost
Standard Ghost
:dragapult::mimikyu::blacephalon::gengar::aegislash::corsola-galar:
Dragapult @ Dragon Fang
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Darts
- Phantom Force
- Substitute

Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Drain Punch
- Shadow Sneak

Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower
- Trick

Gengar @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt

Aegislash @ Air Balloon
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Shadow Sneak

Corsola-Galar @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Will-O-Wisp
- Night Shade
- Strength Sap
Near the same team I used for the DLC1 sample, however now I am using Choice Scarf Blacephalon as a revenge killer/trick user over Jellicent.

Spectrier Ghost
:aegislash::corsola-galar::mimikyu::spectrier::dragapult::gengar:
Aegislash @ Air Balloon
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Shadow Sneak

Corsola-Galar @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Will-O-Wisp
- Strength Sap
- Night Shade

Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak

Spectrier @ Leftovers
Ability: Grim Neigh
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Will-O-Wisp
- Nasty Plot
- Hex

Dragapult @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Dragon Darts
- Phantom Force

Gengar @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
Trick
This is similar to a standard Ghost; however, it features Nasty Plot Spectrier, which can easily take advantage of a bulkier metagame, thanks to its good speed and high natural special attack. This team was again made by splash.

Grass
Balanced Grass

:ferrothorn::rillaboom::whimsicott::cradily::rotom-mow::zarude:
Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Protect

Rillaboom @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Grassy Glide
- Superpower
- Knock Off

Whimsicott @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Modest Nature
- Encore
- Moonblast
- Stun Spore
- U-turn

Cradily @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
Careful Nature
- Rock Blast
- Toxic
- Leech Seed
- Recover

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Leaf Storm
- Volt Switch
- Trick

Zarude @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Leaf Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Close Combat
- Power Whip
- Jungle Healing
I readjusted Roxiee's submission with help from adjustments.

Nasty Plot Celebi Grass
:ferrothorn::rillaboom::whimsicott::cradily::celebi::rotom-mow:
Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Protect

Rillaboom @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature Nature
- Swords Dance
- Grassy Glide
- Knock Off
- Superpower

Whimsicott @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Modest Nature
- Encore
- Moonblast
- Stun Spore
- U-turn

Cradily @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
Careful Nature
- Rock Blast
- Toxic
- Leech Seed
- Recover

Celebi @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Earth Power
- Dazzling Gleam

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Leaf Storm
- Volt Switch
- Trick
Thanks again adjustments for building me this grass team featuring Nasty Plot Celebi. Fairly standard, no explanation really necessary.

Ground
Sandless HO Ground

:excadrill::landorus-therian::nidoking::garchomp::seismitoad::krookodile:
Excadrill @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Nidoking (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower
- Toxic Spikes

Garchomp @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Fire Fang

Seismitoad @ Assault Vest
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 140 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Sludge Bomb
- Grass Knot

Krookodile @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Taunt
I wanted to include a sandless ground. Excadrill is the team's removal and can act as a win-condition with Swords Dance + Rapid Spin. Landorus-T and Nidoking were the next core to add, the former acts as speed control for the team, while the latter can set up Toxic Spikes and pressure Flying teams with boltbeam coverage. Garchomp is a nice SD user that can break holes in the team for Landorus-T to clean later on. Seismitoad is the Water immunity and Azumarill check; finally Krookodile is the HO lead.

Ice
Arctozolt Hail Ice

:ninetales-alola::darmanitan-galar::arctozolt::weavile::cloyster::avalugg:
Ninetales-Alola @ Icy Rock
Ability: Snow Warning
Timid Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Moonblast
- Freeze-Dry
- Encore

Darmanitan-Galar @ Choice Band
Ability: Gorilla Tactics
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Arctozolt @ Choice Band
Ability: Slush Rush
Jolly Nature
- Bolt Beak
- Icicle Crash
- Stone Edge
- Stomping Tantrum

Weavile @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Low Kick
- Foul Play

Cloyster @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Ice Shard

Avalugg @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 12 Spe
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Iron Defense
This team trades in the usual 8 turn aurora veil support for 8 turns of hail, allowing Arctozolt to have a field day. Cloyster can still take advantage of Aurora Veil to set up, however, the time span isn't as long as usual. The rest of the team is built to help support that. Darmanitan is a powerful wallbreaker alongside Arctozolt, Weavile is an excellent revenge killer being a great option for the Psychic matchup, and Avalugg can remove hazards.

Normal
Standard Normal

:blissey::ditto::porygon2::heliolisk::diggersby::bewear:
Blissey (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Bold Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Teleport

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Transform

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Discharge
- Ice Beam
- Teleport

Heliolisk @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot
- Glare
- Substitute

Diggersby @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- U-turn
- Quick Attack

Bewear @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Fluffy
EVs: 76 Atk / 252 Def / 180 Spe
Impish Nature
- Bulk Up
- Darkest Lariat
- Drain Punch
- Substitute
Blissey is standard on all normal teams, same with choice scarf ditto doing its job of being a revenge killer. This porygon2 adds to the momentum with another teleport and can target flying teams for good damage with boltbeam coverage, specifically hitting landorus. Heliolisk is for the water matchup, spreading paralysis is always nice as well. diggersby helps against steel and electric while providing momentum, and bewear helps vs. dark teams, especially urshifu-s.

Water
Slowking Rain

:pelipper::urshifu::seismitoad::barraskewda::slowking::kingdra:
Pelipper @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Drizzle
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Roost
- U-turn
- Defog

Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Close Combat
- Aqua Jet
- U-turn

Seismitoad @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Hydro Pump
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave

Barraskewda @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Close Combat
- Psychic Fangs
- Flip Turn

Slowking @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Future Sight
- Slack Off
- Teleport

Kingdra @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Surf
- Draco Meteor
- Hurricane
Standard Rain, not much to say here.

I added the Water team Attitude adjuster asked me to help him on discord for balanced water ft Slowking + Urshifu-R balance.

These should cover basic archetypes for each type without a sample. Sample Submissions are still open, however, now there is at least one good sample per type!​
This Better Be Your Job Lol

RoyalReloaded

n_n
is a Top Tiering Contributor
MPL Champion
not submitting a team, just noting an error in the OP

in the 2nd ghost importable, trick doesn't have a dash in front of it, idk if this makes it not importable but should fix :)

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader
Since MWP has ended, I have decided its an appropriate time to update the sample teams. Here are the types I will be taking suggestions/new teams. If you want to tweak something that is not listed below, please provide a decent description as to why, thanks!

- Dark
- Dragon
- Electric
- Fairy
- Fire
- Flying
- Grass
- Ground
- Psychic
- Steel
- Water

Last edited:
Here's a pretty standard Skarm Steel. Exca can be non choiced and bisharp can be black glasses or lo.
Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Roost

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Stealth Rock

Aegislash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Shadow Ball
- King's Shield

Bisharp @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Rock Blast / Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Protect

roxie

https://www.youtube.com/@noxiousroxie
is a Tutoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
did these two rq

Galarian Slowking's usage has risen since MWP as it deals with Special Attackers like Alolan Raichu and Kyurem because of its high bulk in SpD. I think including a sample for it is quite important~

Skarmory is one of the Steel mons that can help with Urshifu-S (aside Klefki) and being used over Corviknight and Celesteela because of that. This team features Chople Ferrothorn to help with the Urshifu-R + Barraskewda core on Water along with Lum Berry Bisharp to help with Substitute+Will Spectrier and defensive Pokemon like Toxapex that may try fishing for a burn. I am also liking Air Balloon Heatran to help with opposing Steels and Lava Plume over Heatran is an option~

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader
did these two rq

Galarian Slowking's usage has risen since MWP as it deals with Special Attackers like Alolan Raichu and Kyurem because of its high bulk in SpD. I think including a sample for it is quite important~

Skarmory is one of the Steel mons that can help with Urshifu-S (aside Klefki) and being used over Corviknight and Celesteela because of that. This team features Chople Ferrothorn to help with the Urshifu-R + Barraskewda core on Water along with Lum Berry Bisharp to help with Substitute+Will Spectrier and defensive Pokemon like Toxapex that may try fishing for a burn. I am also liking Air Balloon Heatran to help with opposing Steels and Lava Plume over Heatran is an option~
i already added the poison team, which is why i didn't include it in the list of updates. adjustments also posted the same steel team as you above, which is now in the archive.

I'm packing a semi-standard ground with some sets that may raise your eyebrows, but I hope to defend them and offer alternatives.

Excadrill @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Rush
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Hippowdon @ Eject Button
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Scale Shot
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Earth Power
- Gravity

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Power Whip
- Liquidation
- Protect
- Substitute

Nidoking (M) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power

Let's go through this one at a time.

Excadrill - It's your basic Excadrill, nothing to see here.

Hippowdon - Again, pretty basic set. No real description to be made other than that you could trade Toxic for Roar.

Garchomp - This set is a monster if it is set up properly. +1 Spe and +2 Atk gives it the tools it needs to sweep, and Rocky Helmet serves as extra chip. I prefer Stone Edge to help with the flying MU, but Fire Fang is a good option to help deal with Grass.

Landorus-Therian - NOW, we're getting into it. You may be sceptical about special Lando-T, but I believe it really completes the team. Sub CM is a spin on the classic Sub Bulk Up set, except this one has a better matchup against physical walls, something that a largely physical type like Ground tends to struggle with. For example, a physical Lando would struggle to no end against Corsola-Galar, but this one is capable of beating it pretty reliably and has a better matchup against physically oriented walls such as Ferrothorn and PhysDef Celesteela variants as well as Corviknight, although that does not see as much use with the addition of Celesteela. It also beats out non-Avalanche Avalugg variants. With the exclusion of Lando-I, this set could fill up its role. Gravity is an important tool for the whole team, as it pressurises the opponent and limits their switches. However, this set does rely on getting up Calm Minds in order to give or take strong Special hits, and as such it may be safer to swap this out for a Bulk Up + EQ variant.

Seismitoad - To be fully honest? Physical Seis is just to hit Water as hard as possible. By using its stronger attacking stat and its strongest Grass move, this set has a good matchup against a fair few mons on Water, including Gastrodon, Swampert and opposing Seismitoad, Toxapex due to Substitute, and Barraskewda as long as Power Whip OHKOs (68.8% chance.) However, if wanted, you could use a version with Scald and Giga Drain, as well as swap out either Sub or Protect for Toxic.

Nidoking - Yeah, yeah, I know, I know. Scarf Nidoking is normally seen as the lesser between it and LO, due to the loss of power that the loss of LO gives. You could very well run LO on this instead of Scarf, but I use Scarf as a secondary form of speed control, for when it may be hard to set up Sand and bring Excadrill in, notably made more difficult with the loss of Smooth Rock. Scarf also helps put pressure on Ice, and a lot of players will tend to stay in against Nidoking, thinking they outspeed only to be KOd or heavily chipped.

So that's the team. I have my doubts of it being accepted, due to the various unconventional sets, but any of them could easily be changed to a more common set. This is just a team I have been working on for a while, and am quite proud of and I believe it isn't too hard for a newcomer to use.

Havens

WGI World Champion
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
:dragalge: :dragapult: :kyurem: :hydreigon: :garchomp: :latias:
Dragalge @ Leftovers
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 HP / 228 SpD / 28 Spe
Calm Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Protect
- Sludge Bomb
- Flip Turn

Dragapult @ Muscle Band
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Phantom Force
- Dragon Dance
- Sucker Punch / Substitute

Kyurem @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 52 HP / 204 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Earth Power
- Roost
- Substitute

Hydreigon @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Roost
- Nasty Plot

Garchomp @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance / Toxic

Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Defog
- Healing Wish

A fairly simple, yet effective Dragon. Sash Lead Garchomp sets up Dragon Dance Dragapult and Nasty Plot Hydreigon for success in various matchups while also poses a threat to Ghost teams that are its biggest danger. Dragalge is a solid, Specially Defensive pivot that sets up Toxic Spikes and provides momentum. SubRoost Kyurem takes advantage of that fact by Pressure stalling its foes, and is critical in the Flying and Water matchups. Choice Scarf Latias provides a means to combat Poison and other Dragon teams, while also providing utility through Defog and Healing Wish to sustain momentum or give its teammate a second wind.

Balance Grass
:ss/ferrothorn: :ss/cradily: :ss/whimsicott: :ss/rillaboom: :ss/zarude: :ss/celebi:

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Protect
- Gyro Ball

Cradily @ Leftovers
Ability: Suction Cups
Careful Nature
- Rock Blast
- Recover
- Leech Seed / Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
EVs: 64 HP / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Stun Spore
- Defog / Taunt
- Encore

Zarude @ Leftovers
Ability: Leaf Guard
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Darkest Lariat
- Close Combat
- Jungle Healing

Rillaboom @ Leftovers / Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Grassy Glide
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off

Celebi @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Earth Power
- Recover / Giga Drain

Pretty standard Balance Grass. Defensive Ferrothorn+SpDef Cradily make up the backbone; Cradily is used over Appletun thanks to Rock Blast, which breaks subs and Multiscale, and also Toxic, making it less passive. Pretty Standard Whimsicott as well, its EVs allow it to outspeed the Swords of Justice, with the rest pooled into HP and SpA. SD Rillaboom is also very normal on grass, both Leftovers and LO work. Zarude is really good for the Psychic and Ghost mus, especially with Spectrier Ghost being extremely threatening. BU + Jungle healing allows it to break through defensive pokemon like SubToxic Aegislash. Finally Celebi is there as a special wallbreaker, Psychic+EP is nice for Poison teams.

HO sand Ground
:ss/excadrill: :ss/Hippowdon: :ss/Seismitoad: :ss/Nidoking: :ss/Mamoswine: :ss/Garchomp:

Excadrill @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- X-Scissor

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
EVs: 148 HP / 252 Atk / 108 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Power-Up Punch
- Earthquake
- Power Whip
- Substitute

Nidoking (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Flamethrower

Mamoswine @ Choice Band
Ability: Thick Fat
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Toxic
- Stone Edge

Knock off can be run over pp on Seismitoad it's a water killer set with enough speed for Azumarill and rest into hp and atack and Hippowdon is sdef for Kyurem and Spectrier.

Last edited:
https://pokepast.es/1fc4022838ca9e7d

Fighting HO ft. Hawlucha

Pretty straight forward sets so I don't think it requires many explanation. I used Substitute Hawlucha because it's nice for MU like mirror Fighting. I opted for Scarf Terrakion instead of Scarf Keldeo as it's better for Flying and Electric.
Small question but how would you fit an electric resist on this team? With all the Volt-Turning shenanigans being a main stay in gen 8, i figured that a resist to one of the most commonly used switching move would be quite useful and also since this fighting has still yet to receive a ground / volt absorb / motordrive mon. Best users for that specific criteria on top of my head are Virizeon and Kommo o. Maybe Viz can provide some use being a Spdef wall to try and eat a couple of unboosted moonblasts and sub leech them back, but i feel like Kommo o would be a lot more useful since it could either replace G-Zapdos as a wall breaker or Cobalion as a SR user and Def wall but not as a pivot. Also not part of the question but toxicroak also seems like a good addition especially since it can absorb the very powerful Fishious Rend with dry skin. Anyway i'd love to hear your thoughts on it since im quite new to this gen's monotype metagame.

mushamu

God jihyo
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Small question but how would you fit an electric resist on this team? With all the Volt-Turning shenanigans being a main stay in gen 8, i figured that a resist to one of the most commonly used switching move would be quite useful and also since this fighting has still yet to receive a ground / volt absorb / motordrive mon. Best users for that specific criteria on top of my head are Virizeon and Kommo o. Maybe Viz can provide some use being a Spdef wall to try and eat a couple of unboosted moonblasts and sub leech them back, but i feel like Kommo o would be a lot more useful since it could either replace G-Zapdos as a wall breaker or Cobalion as a SR user and Def wall but not as a pivot. Also not part of the question but toxicroak also seems like a good addition especially since it can absorb the very powerful Fishious Rend with dry skin. Anyway i'd love to hear your thoughts on it since im quite new to this gen's monotype metagame.
You lose to Electric as Fighting for the reasons you listed above. It's part of why Fighting is considered a terrible type in this tier; it falls short when competing against certain top types, Electric included. Electric in particular is hard; and even if you were to make minor optimizations like Virizion and Kommo-o Alolan Raichu, Tapu Koko, and Zeraora still beat the type down hard.

mushamu

God jihyo
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Specs Zapdos > Defensive atm with the addition of Hurricane so here's a team that features it:

https://pokepast.es/971dbfe2dc46825c

It's pretty similar to the previous Electric sample since Electric as a type has a linear team structure. This 6 is the most optimal, so the sets are just fixed up in comparison to last time. Specs Zapdos is really good since it gives you a nice shot against Grass (Cradily walls you otherwise), Rain Water (Can be frustrating with Barraskewda), Psychic, Poison, Fairy, etc. Specs Hurricane generally hits super hard and covers Electric's weakness in Grass well. Ancient Power is the last move to have as a midground against Flying and is nice against Fire as well. Wisp > Toxic on Rotom-W to cripple physical Pokemon that would otherwise rip through Electric, Iron Defense + Body Press is preferred now over Specs because there are already a lot of Specs users on the team and Iron Defense + Body Press can trap Ferrothorn. Magnezone's Speed EVs let it outspeed Crawdaunt. Knock Alolan Raichu is kind of optional, I just personally like it since you can remove Galarian Slowking's Assault Vest against Poison teams and Specs Zapdos 2HKOs everything. Lefties Close Combat is better than Boots Drain Punch on Zeraora because Boots Drain Punch is ridiculously weak and for every Heatran you don't OHKO at +1 you take a fuck ton of damage from Earth Power anyways.

Specs Zapdos > Defensive atm with the addition of Hurricane so here's a team that features it:

https://pokepast.es/971dbfe2dc46825c

It's pretty similar to the previous Electric sample since Electric as a type has a linear team structure. This 6 is the most optimal, so the sets are just fixed up in comparison to last time. Specs Zapdos is really good since it gives you a nice shot against Grass (Cradily walls you otherwise), Rain Water (Can be frustrating with Barraskewda), Psychic, Poison, Fairy, etc. Specs Hurricane generally hits super hard and covers Electric's weakness in Grass well. Ancient Power is the last move to have as a midground against Flying and is nice against Fire as well. Wisp > Toxic on Rotom-W to cripple physical Pokemon that would otherwise rip through Electric, Iron Defense + Body Press is preferred now over Specs because there are already a lot of Specs users on the team and Iron Defense + Body Press can trap Ferrothorn. Magnezone's Speed EVs let it outspeed Crawdaunt. Knock Alolan Raichu is kind of optional, I just personally like it since you can remove Galarian Slowking's Assault Vest against Poison teams and Specs Zapdos 2HKOs everything. Lefties Close Combat is better than Boots Drain Punch on Zeraora because Boots Drain Punch is ridiculously weak and for every Heatran you don't OHKO at +1 you take a fuck ton of damage from Earth Power anyways.
Just a random observation, but what about HDB > Specs on Tapu Koko? It would allow it to pivot much more and acquire much more longevity. Zapdos, Raichu, and Zeraora already make great breakers, and Koko is strong as hell as it is under terrain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)