Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Lava Plume
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Yawn

The pokemon I really wanted to emphasize here is Charizard. Charizard in sun, paired with a choice scarf, becomes a fast and powerful wallbreaker with coverage such as dragon pulse, air slash, solar beam, and focus blast which can heavily damage the rock, fighting, water, dragon, and ground type pokemon that threaten Charizard and fire in general. Torkoal is a must have, as it sets sun, and can spin away rocks for Zard. Fire isn't a type I hear about much, so I'd love to see what people can make of this.

Last edited:

roxie

https://www.youtube.com/@noxiousroxie
is a Tutoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
:ss/cinderace: :ss/incineroar:

Cinderace @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Libero
EVs: 180 Atk / 76 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Electro Ball
- High Jump Kick
- Sucker Punch
- Pyro Ball
- Zen Headbutt

Incineroar @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Toxic
- Taunt
- U-turn / Parting Shot

I've always been very interested in Electro Ball Cinderace teams in Monotype because of the fact that it OHKOs defensive Pelipper. This is moreso a lure and trying to get Swampert low in the Water matchup is crucial as it's a standard Electric immunity because of Stealth Rock + Flip Turn. With Spectrier being a common trend on Ghost teams and Tapu Lele on the rise for Fairy and Psychic teams, I really still see a lot of potential in Incineroar. Knock Off makes a lot of progress on Pokemon that doesn't have reliable recoveries like Swampert with Leftovers and just Pokemon using items in general lol. Yeah I have 5 moves on Cinderace, but make sure 1/4 moves is Electro Ball.

edit: bea suggested 76 Spa to 2HKO Defensive Toxapex!!
[19:53:17] beautifications: 76 SpA Libero Cinderace Electro Ball (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Toxapex: 152-180 (50 - 59.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Last edited:

bea

I COULD BEA BANNED!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator
Regieleki @ Light Clay
Ability: Transistor
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Explosion
- Rapid Spin

Zeraora @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Plasma Fists
- Knock Off
- Close Combat/Drain Punch

Been using this lately on a electric team with the idea of Regieleki setting screens up then either removing hazards or getting a explosion off then you go to sweep with zeraora. I use cc but drain punch can work as well.

roxie

https://www.youtube.com/@noxiousroxie
is a Tutoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
1627925976736.png (Click me)
I decided to host a CCAT and based off responses in the chat and room polls, the type decided was Rock. First, we started off with the general staples of Rock, Shuckle, Tyranitar, and Terrakion. Shuckle provides entry hazards and Knock Off support to hinder items like Choice Scarf on Landorus-T and Leftovers on Celesteela. Tyranitar is using Lum Berry so it's not instant stopped by Scald burns and Will-O-Wisp. The Speed EVs outspeeds Zeraora after two Dragon Dances while also outspeeding it after a Sticky Web at +1 Dragon Dance. The fourth slot felt pretty flexible with all holding purposes according to the player but Taunt is just on the pokepaste for easy importing. Terrakion does well in the Dark teams and it provides the team speed control. Yes, we have a Stakataka but its unlikely to see a Stakataka in the end game against types like Flying and Electric, therefore, we need a proper revenge killer to outspeed threats like Choice Scarf Zarude and Tapu Koko. Megahorn is a medium to hit Dark- and Psychic-types like Bulk Up Zarude and Slowbro. Rhyperior breaks through bulkier types like Steel and Poison. Other options can include Choice Band which OHKOes Amoonguss or Swords Dance for more effective breaking. Nihilego does well against Dragon, Flying, Fighting, and Fairy. After discussing, we decided to drop Grass Knot to use both Dazzling Gleam and Sludge Wave. We realized that using Grass Knot mainly targets Water / Ground Pokemon like Gastrodon and Swampert and at the end of the day, it's very unlikely for a Rock player to score a win versus a competent player that knows how to play the game lol...Finally, we added Stakataka, and first, it was going to be Substitute but I elaborated on how Steel is commonly using Melmetal, making the MU extremely one-sided. Steelbreaker options in Rhyperior and Terrakion are more ideal if a breaker was considered. Thanks for participating!

Attachments

Last edited:
View attachment 362579 (Click me)
I decided to host a CCAT and based off responses in the chat and room polls, the type decided was Rock. First, we started off with the general staples of Rock, Shuckle, Tyranitar, and Terrakion. Shuckle provides entry hazards and Knock Off support to hinder items like Choice Scarf on Landorus-T and Leftovers on Celesteela. Tyranitar is using Lum Berry so it's not instant stopped by Scald burns and Will-O-Wisp. The Speed EVs outspeeds Zeraora after two Dragon Dances while also outspeeding it after a Sticky Web at +1 Dragon Dance. The fourth slot felt pretty flexible with all holding purposes according to the player but Taunt is just on the pokepaste for easy importing. Terrakion does well in the Dark teams and it provides the team speed control. Yes, we have a Stakataka but its unlikely to see a Stakataka in the end game against types like Flying and Electric, therefore, we need a proper revenge killer to outspeed threats like Choice Scarf Zarude and Tapu Koko. Megahorn is a medium to hit Dark- and Psychic-types like Bulk Up Zarude and Slowbro. Rhyperior breaks through bulkier types like Steel and Poison. Other options can include Choice Band which OHKOes Amoonguss or Swords Dance for more effective breaking. Nihilego does well against Dragon, Flying, Fighting, and Fairy. After discussing, we decided to drop Grass Knot to use both Dazzling Gleam and Sludge Wave. We realized that using Grass Knot mainly targets Water / Ground Pokemon like Gastrodon and Swampert and at the end of the day, it's very unlikely for a Rock player to score a win versus a competent player that knows how to play the game lol...Finally, we added Stakataka, and first, it was going to be Substitute but I elaborated on how Steel is commonly using Melmetal, making the MU extremely one-sided. Steelbreaker options in Rhyperior and Terrakion are more ideal if a breaker was considered. Thanks for participating!
Slight nitpick with the Stakataka IVs: they should be 15 Def instead of 0 Def. 15 Def IVs with a lonely nature is the maximum defense possible while still getting the attack beast boosts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)