Resource SS Monotype Bazaar

Attribute

HYPNOS | pulp
is a Top Tiering Contributor
Monotype Cup Winner
don't think there's gonna be any tours soon so imma share one of the better & one of my favorite teams ive built this gen
https://pokepast.es/4afd5df4ae69cdfe specs zapdos fly return
this team has underwent many drafts, whether it would be through mons/set changes. the paste above is the most recent version, though as the meta progresses, experimenting is definitely encouraged. even in the current meta i can think of many different set changes but ill go through those later. this is the first flying team i built w/o goltres (and the first time i realized you can actually afford to drop it), and i think it started the no goltres on flying trend. basically the way i see it is goltres can be unnecessary and makes some games easier (this is a whole other topic in itself so if ur that curious you can reach out to me personally and ill try to respond). i dont think u need a breaker of goltres' nature to beat things in the current meta (this team hard loses to glowking poison lol) and instead u can beat ppl through slowly making progress, while making sure you don't fall behind in the process. i do think this team can be difficult to use and i do advise at least thinking about what you would do vs certain teams ahead of time if you haven't used this before to reduce mistakes in the actual game so you don't spend your timer thinking about useless stuff. in other words, using your brain really helps when using this :x

members:
- dd boltbeam coverage dnite owns the other flyings and you're always gonna want to have real strong flying counterplay of some sort as its the best type and will be for a long time.
- corv handles the non sableye darks well and serves as a switch in to most of the stuff on steel, along with potentially pp stalling subtox aegi if they dont spdef drop you constantly. bpress + ihead is used so kyurem doesn't sub up on your life savings as well as be decently annoying to fairy (all it really does is pressure clef but it works on this regardless). occa is for hydreigon and maybe heatran if it gets that desperate. mostly for hydrei tho
- specs zapdos makes a return! ground and dragon can't switch in 70% of the time and provides some form of speed to the team. all around great breaker, static fishing is great, and many more. also since this team lacks a goltres, something super annoying vs psy is appreciated and this synergizes well with tornt since its gonna be knocking off the av on glowking, freeing up tbolt spam
- landot is the defogger, something specs zap + tornt especially is gonna appreciate throughout the game. toxic makes you not useless vs other electric flys that aren't running sub.
- tornt in my eyes is the most underrated mon on flying. its speed tier is amazing and justifies the lack of a scarfer on the team as long as you have a great defensive backbone. i use av as opposed to the usual boots as it can be a decent check to stuff like nidoking and hydreigon. even staying in vs thundt's to knock them is greatly appreciated. gknot is a cool tech for mamoswines that think they're safe by just crashing but even if they switch its not like ground is switching into it anyway. basically, specs hurricane as ur ground counterplay is the complete opposite of reliable so this is a nice option especially if ur opponent doesn't see it coming. another great trait tornt has is that it gets both knock off + heat wave + regenerator, making 1/2 things on the team that heavily annoy steel.
- auto steela but with a twist. flame + eq is hard for steel to switch into and if you play well you can pretty much solo ice with this thing since flame + flash is all you need. leftovers is there for longevity, no need for ebelt when you do enough damage to everything and no meteor beam since the other moves are too valuable. this can also serve as a progress maker of some sort vs fairy. though it is worth noting that you can't mindlessly click flash cannon at certain points if there is a fini + they know ur set, gotta double to specs zapdos on it and keep pressure the whole game with volt.

other options:
- stealth rock / protect / knock off > uturn on landot - uturn is pretty expendable and any of the other moves in theory are better, just didn't put them in the paste since i haven't tested any of them.
- heavy slam/giga steela + some different move on tornt > grass knot (optional) OR boots with something over grass knot still (maybe taunt? tox?) + wacan > occa on corv + some move good vs steel on lando > uturn - this is a great way in counteracting the rise in shell smash cloysters. as long as you break the sash before steela is in you just recover a good amount of health for steela to still be annoying to rain. what giga steela also means is is that you now have a second mon on the team that ground can't switch into well (aside from hippowdon i guess) which may allow you to remove gknot on torn. ive messed around with the idea of icy wind with a bulkier spread but not really necessary. ice counterplay now sucks so wacan helps with arctozolt.
...basically, changing the steela from offensive to defensive changes the team composition pretty significantly and the things i listed probably don't even scratch the surface of possibilities so don't feel obligated to change to the options above and adjust accordingly
- wacan > occa - arctozolt is still understandably a pain so this should help vs it if you are struggling to make the celesteela work before the arctozolt just bolt beam coverages you for the entire game, perhaps this is the best option if ice usage gets that obnoxious
- a bulker tornt spread > current - this would really just be 248 hp, same speed, rest in spdef or spa. 244 spa makes the gknot roll vs non av mamo not cringe but a bulkier spread is technically better vs everything else so.. yea
- max speed dnite (remove from attack, put all into speed + jolly) - if u want to have no friends and at least tie w the other bolt beam dnites

enjoy!

mushamu

God jihyo
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Dropping these 3 that I've been spamming the shit out of:

Choice Scarf Kingdra bulky offense:

https://pokepast.es/0f55ec8a99a15f54
Choice Scarf Kingdra lures in Alolan Ninetales and Kyurem with Flash Cannon and Draco Meteor respectively. Having speed control outside of rain is hella nice to not get destroyed by Pokemon such as Thundurus-T and Hydreigon too. Light Screen Slowking helps against Kyurem primarily as well as gives the team more wiggle room in matchups like Electric and Ghost. Choice Band Urshifu-R is broken and is the main reason to use rain in my opinion. Pelipper has Scald over Hurricane to burn Ferrothorn against Steel.

VoltTurn Balance:

https://pokepast.es/879a618e84f7a22c
Saw RestTalk Galarian Zapdos being used in SCL and wanted to make a Monotype team with it. It has incredible synergy with Tornadus-T and Mantine. Mantine is super passive but against a lot of teams Galarian Zapdos can get in easily and start clicking. Tornadus-T takes the pressure off Galarian Zapdos in terms of cycling out Pokemon like Toxapex, and is the "Dark and Ghost resist" on this team where it can beat Pokemon like Spectrier and Hydreigon with Assault Vest. Yache Berry Thundurus-T is for Kyurem and Ice in general. All 3 genies work together to bring Galarian Zapdos into the field safely with Volt Switch and U-turn.

Choice Scarf Bisharp balance:

https://pokepast.es/0e949fa86b3e9d56
Revised this over a couple of months from MPL. It's a pretty standard team that features Choice Scarf Bisharp as the main form of speed control. It's very good against pretty much everything thanks to Knock Off and shines vs Dark, Flying, and Fire thanks to its power. Brick Break prevents screens from beating the Steel team down while checking opposing Bisharp while Stone Edge is great against Flying and Fire. Toxic is the last move to cripple Pokemon like Cinderace and Hydreigon. Originally I had specially defensive Aegislash with the same moveset and Leftovers but this set is better to break types like Water and Steel. Excadrill is Shed Shell for Magnezone and Ferrothorn is Toxic to make up for the team being slightly weaker to Zeraora due to Bisharp being slower.

Thanks for all the submissions; it's always nice seeing people's unique team ideas. I'll work on updating this project soon!

Dead by Daylight

memory tapes cycling blankly
is a Pre-Contributor
Following in my mentor’s footsteps, I’ll post an Electric team that I really like and you might too. It went 1-1 in my first team tour (could’ve gone 2-0 if I hadn’t played on my phone both rounds). It plays insanely fast and either steamrolls your opponent or loads into a bad matchup.

Arc of a Life

:ss/tapu-koko: :ss/raichu-alola: :ss/regieleki: :ss/zapdos: :ss/arctozolt: :ss/zeraora:

Tapu Koko is the quintessential Electric Terrain setter. I gave it an interesting set, which lets it threaten Gastrodon and other Ground-types while staying healthy through the game. Don't be afraid to sacrifice it in case you need Raichu or Regieleki in Terrain to win.

Raichu-Alola is an incredible late-game cleaner, outspending everything and smacking it with a Rising Voltage. Nasty Plot lets it put even more pressure on passive teams. I chose it over Surf or Grass Knot since Arctozolt exists.

Regieleki is actually a threat to society. Transistor and Specs-boosted Rising Voltage under Electric Terrain can OHKO anything that’s not a Ground-type, while doing lots of damage and gaining momentum with Volt Switch. Ancient Power and Thunderbolt are mostly filler; Thunderbolt hurts out of terrain and Ancient Power smacks Volcarona.

Zapdos is the Ground-immunity and can hit surprisingly hard with Choice Specs. Heat Wave melts Steel-types that could switch into our threats, while Hurricane and Thunderbolt are great STABs. It is the team's main defensive answer due to Static and its typing, letting it take Close Combats and Knock Offs quite well.

Honestly, I'm surprised Arctozolt is UR on Electric. Its typing is key in dismantling slower, bulkier cores that neither Raichu nor Regieleki can brute-force through, namely the immunity core on Steel and the Degenerator Poison core, while also pressuring Ground- and Grass-types if it can get in. The team's momentum-gaining techniques let it get in for free more often than not, and it can take a hit or two in an emergency.

Finally, Zeraora shores up the team as a cleaner and/or set-up sweeper. Plasma Fists under terrain is quite useful, while Knock Off denies lots of things their items, softening them and making them much more vulnerable to our attacks. Denying things Leftovers is actually a big thing, considering how hard it is to take more than two hits from this team.

How to Play w/ This Team

1. It's really not that difficult. Click buttons that do the most damage, and watch the opponent die to the sheer Electric assault.
2. Taking some Smash Bros jargon here, this team's advantage state is basically an auto-win, while disadvantage is very hard to climb out of. Try to keep your opponent on their toes until you can hit them with a move.
3. Don't be afraid to sacrifice anything on the team if it has no further purpose. It has so much breaking power that losing Raichu-Alola is fine.
4. Going off my previous point, don't be afraid to double-switch aggressively. That's how this team plays into its advantage state. If you predict wrong, it's fine; you have tons of firepower still there.

"Life is a fickle thing. It's capricious and unpredictable in its nature, sometimes going away without the slightest warning."

:ss/tapu-koko: :ss/Raichu-Alola: :ss/Zeraora: :ss/Zapdos: :ss/Rotom-Wash: :ss/Magnezone:
100baddays (Tapu Koko) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Roost
- Dazzling Gleam
- Toxic

rick and morty (Raichu-Alola) (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Surge Surfer
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Grass Knot

zack (Zeraora) @ Choice Band
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Blaze Kick
- Outrage
- Knock Off
- Close Combat

ray (Zapdos) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Static
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Ancient Power
- U-turn

wocktopoland (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 116 SpD / 44 Spe
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split
- Defog

uragirinoyuuyake (Magnezone) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 176 HP / 252 Def / 80 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Iron Defense
- Flash Cannon
- Body Press
Electric-less Electric:
Gonna drop this team that Aeova (doesn't have a smogon) from the monotype room gave me the idea to make for a ladder challenge. This is an electric team without ANY electric moves, and it's extremely fun to use. Koko is its pivot set, u-turn allowing to switch vs grounds. With Raichu I decided to give it nasty plot as its extremely strong after setting up once, psyshock being able to hit poison and lanturn really hard, grass knot for grounds. Not having plasma fists on zeraora really sucks but the coverage it gets is solid, CC/blaze kick for steels, knock off, and outrage for dragons. Specs zap needs no other explanation, and while it doesnt have volt/tbolt, u-turn still enables it to pivot out and can be useful when facing ground types. Rotom-wash is the usual set minus volt switch, important mon to have in order to remove rocks for zap. Magnezone is the an ID set + toxic + flash cannon to hit fairies.

Last edited:

Arase

Banned deucer.
the gen is almost over and i wanted to build a final funny team to end it in a nice way. https://pokepast.es/6293477223c3db2d enjoy

team description:

mew being the lead that can either rock or be an annoying stall breaker, its also there with taunt to stop rocks lead landorus and such
victini being the physical mon of the team brainlessly clicking vcreate or u-turn mostly and encore sometimes to catch ppl setupping calm mind or other stuff, it can come in handy sometimes. boots is there since theres no defog in the team but its no biggie.
reuni is there mostly for flying and it doesnt care about toxic. its a good mon to setup at the right times
slowking-galar is the fairy killer, i noticed it has sub which was kinda funny so the plan is mostly to sub on klefki while its setting screens or spikes and then go nuts but mostly of the times it can just click sludge bomb without a worry in the matchup
latias being the electric killer, it just wins alone kek
tapu lele being the speed control pretty much who can deal with dark mons, arcto on hail and whatnot

evs explaination: slowking-galar outspeeds melmetals who tryna creep for toxapex so if u setup a nasty plot vs steel in the mu earlier and they go melm later u can just drop a flamethrower on its face
reuni: outspeeds toxapex and melm tryna creep it and rest is in bulk
latias: speed is enough to outspeed scarf dragapult after an agility and spa is enough to one shot a zeraora after one agility and weakness policy boost
lele: it survives a volcarona fire blast after one dance guaranteed and one shots back with psyshock guaranteed
victini and mew are standard.

Last edited:
:ss/pelipper: :ss/tapu-fini: :ss/swampert: :ss/barraskewda: :ss/urshifu-rapid-strike: :ss/crawdaunt:

zion williamson (Pelipper) (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Hurricane
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn

hanajima saki (Tapu Fini) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Misty Surge
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Surf
- Calm Mind
- Trick

WILD SIDE (Swampert) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 28 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Flip Turn

city escape (Barraskewda) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flip Turn
- Liquidation
- Poison Jab
- Close Combat

giyu tomioka (Urshifu-Rapid-Strike) (M) @ Protective Pads
Ability: Unseen Fist
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Surging Strikes
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch

VITAL (Crawdaunt) (M) @ Mystic Water
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer

Offensive Rain Water:
With SS monotype soon to become an oldgen, I'd like to share perhaps the team I've had the most fun using since I've returned. Pelipper is the rain setter of the team, and your main defensive pivot. Tapu fini is a good source of speed control when rain isn't up, and once the scarf has been tricked, it can set up with calm mind + surf + moonblast. Its misty terrain also playing an important role in preventing status from being spread, allowing urshifu and crawdaunt to safely set up and sweep teams. Swampert is your usual spdef pivot, rocks setter, and elec immunity. Barraskewda is yet another form of speed control on the team, and an important wallbreaker. Banded close combat OHKO's kyurem, and poison jab can OHKO alolatales and tapu koko. Urshifu is absolutely dangerous after a bulk up, and protective pads can be used to ensure you can safely use moves against steel and mons that rely on chipping it such as garchomp and rocky helmet corviknight. Ice punch is ran over thunder punch to better handle bulky dragons like dragalge and dragonite. It can safely set up on pokemon like defensive celesteela and absolutely ruin what are usually strong defensive cores. Crawdaunt is another mon that can terrorize defensive cores, especially the degenerator poison core after a swords dance. Aqua jet is strong priority that can be used to chip and even kill mons that its super effective against such as volcarona and excadrill, and knock off/crabhammer are your main STABs. The item choice is also flexible, as life orb, black glasses, and mystic water are all tremendous options. Overall, this team is extremely fun to play, doesn't have too high of a learning curve, and can hold its own in most matchups. Just be sure to avoid a certain angry band kid that happens to be a gorilla and you'll be fine.

Last edited:
Before this generation ends i wanted to share one of the teams i have had more fun with. Enjoy!

Golisopod @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Emergency Exit
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- First Impression
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Liquidation

Galvantula @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Thunder
- Energy Ball
- String Shot

Heracross @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Facade
- Knock Off

Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Flamethrower
- Psychic
- Roost

Scizor @ Metal Coat
Ability: Technician
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Roost

Buzzwole @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

This team is build around the core formed by Guts Heracross and Golisopod, obviously offensive oriented since that is the only viable playstayle for one of the worst types this gen which is Bug.

This gen has made this thing viable. The combination of Spikes+Heracross helps Bug in matchups like Normal, Poison or Ground, but mainly versus Steel, which gets murdered by +2 Heracross. Although Emergency Exit is sometimes a pain, it can give a free switch in to Heracross or another member of the team The set runs enough Speed to be faster than Celesteela and allow Taunt to shut down defensive Pokemon like Weezing-Galar or Corsola. First Impression scares Raichu-Alola and Liquidation is the Water-type STAB of choice so you Golisopod is not that passive. Knock Off is an option but i decided to drop it since Heracross and Scizor already run it.

The lack of Hidden Power has hurt this thing but it remains a pillar for Bug teams because it can set Sticky Web up and help versus Water with the combination of Thunder+Energy Ball. I've tested running Heavy Duty Boots but i finally opted for securing Sticky Web thanks to Focus Sash. An Agility set was also an option to have even higher chances versus water but Galvantula's role as Sticky Web setter is more important for the team. On the last slot i used to run Toxic but eventually changed it for String Shot to deny boosters a guaranteed sweep (i guess Toxic might be better versus Flying on paper because of Thundurus-T, but i don't think Bug has the bulk to exploit Thundurus-T being poisoned in a extremely difficult matchup). It's up to you.

One of my favourite Pokemon to use. The combination of Guts+Sword Dance is just a nuke. Close Combat deals with Steel, Normal and Rock, while Knock Off helps versus Ghost and lets Heracross hit Aegislash, which would otherwise wall it in the Steel matchup. Facade is the last slot to take even more advantage of Guts, dismantling types like Poison and Ground.

Volcarona is a must in every Bug team. This thing is a secondary tool versus Poison (Roost allows it to 1v1 Slowking-Galar) and Fighting thanks to Psychic, while also being the best chance to beat Electric (once it gets +1 with Sticky Web up is basically over). Volcarona allows you to double to Heracross versus Steel since they are always going to switch to Heatran, and to deal with Grass (not that Bug has many difficulties in beating Grass).

Sword Dance Scizor is a massive threat for types such as Ground, Dragon, Ghost, Rock and Fairy, while also being a valuable tool versus Psychic. Bullet Punch needs no explanation, Knock Off hits Ghost and Psychic, and Roost allows Scizor to increase its longevity and have higher chances to sweep. This Pokemon is another must in every Bug team, its roleis just irreplaceable.

Buzzzwole gives Speed control to the team and prevents you autolosing to Fire. Earthquake+Stone Edge is all you need versus Fire (you will also need Sticky Web up), while Stone Edge+Ice Punch is the best tool the team has versus Flying. Close Combat murders Normal, Rock and Steel (you have Earthquake in case you predict an Aegislash switch in). Ice Punch is also a threat for Dragon which does not really have a switch in for Buzzwole.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)