Tournament SS CAP Snake Draft Manager Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tadasuke

Tuh-dah-skay
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
SS CAP Snake Draft Manager Signups
1605569179141.png

Alright everyone, now's the time that we ask people in the CAP community to step forward as fearless leaders to direct the various teams for the CAP Snake Draft. As of now, we expect to have 6 managers directing their teams for 5 weeks of round robin, then 1 additional week for single elimination finals. Since this tournament will likely go through the holiday season, please be certain when signing up that you'll be able to maintain a reasonable amount of activity. Every team will have an assistant manager that will be picked from the pool of player signups prior to the draft. Managers will be expected to come up with a strategy to optimize their team for the drafting process, maintain frequent correspondence with me in regards to weekly line-ups and player substitutions, keep their team motivated and active, and discuss any concerns about the tournament with myself and the other managers.

Now if you've read the above and feel that you're both willing and qualified to be a manager, please make a post in this thread using the following format:
Code:
Manager:
Team Name:
List of Accomplishments:
CAP Involvement:
Why you would make a good manager:
This thread will be kept open until 6 qualified managers have signed up and been approved; this is assumed to be within 5 days of this thread being posted. There will be a thread discussing the formats to be played in this tournament posted shortly, I'll link it when it's up.

Last edited:
Manager: Jordy
Team Name: The Sizzling Smokomodos
List of Accomplishments: Managed in SSD 4, got picked up in SPL this year, won CAPPL this year, got into finals last year, lead the OU forum, lead the National Dex tier, I can go on.
CAP Involvement: I've been part of the TLT team for both Equilibra and Astrolotl. I was also part of the CAP council and won CAPPL this year and got into finals of CAPPL last year, as you read earlier. I also had some good results in individual tours in SM.
Why you would make a good manager: I like to believe that my grasp on the metagame is pretty good and I know how to draft a winning team.

Last edited:

SHSP

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributor
Manager: SHSP
Team Name: Eternal Equilibras (tentatively this?)
List of Accomplishments: TLT for Jumbao, TL for Equilibra, Assistant Manager of Pernicious Pajantoms (1st Place CAPTT 4), Manager of Kingly Kerfluffles (3rd Place CAPTT 5), played in several other CAPTTs and the like, Player for recent NDPL winners Pogging Pexes (thanks Jordy+Jho)
CAP Involvement: Aside from above mentioned, have been a CAP Moderator in the past (until school knocked me mostly out of commission). I was a CAP Council member, worked on other projects like the VR in gen 7, and have decent to above average results in solo tours.
Why I would make a good manager: I have proven managerial and competitive success, I'm a strong leader of teams, a strong drafter and have a good metagame understanding.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
Manager: G-Luke
Team Name: Malicious Miasmaws
List of Accomplishments: I was Movepool TL for CAP 26. I got a CAP Contributor badge sometime ago, that's neat.
CAP Involvement: CAP Prevos as you know them wouldn't exist without me I have submitted winning stats for Jumbao, Snaelstrom and winning movepools for Smokomodo, Astrolotl and Miasmaw, and I have been contributing to CAP since 2017 during update cycle.
Why you would make a good manager: I'm cool. I hosted some CAP offmeta tours and I have been a manager for an OM Snake Draft(!) and co manager of CB Revs last CAPPL. I'll also shun everyone if I am not chosen.

LucarioOfLegends

Master Procraster
is a CAP Contributor
Manager: LucarioOfLegends
Team Name: Red Hot Pyroaks
List of Accomplishments: TLT for Pajantom, Astrolotl, and Miasmaw. Got a CAP contributor badge. Led CAPPL VI to moderate success.
CAP Involvement: All of the above, involvement in CAP since Gen 7 and in the various Update process, good enough meta knowledge.
Why you would make a good manager: My memes are great. More seriously I believe with the experience I have gathered I would be able to draft and manage a team together that could possibly lead to victory. We may not win, but we will have one hell of a time.

Voltage

OTTN5
is a Pre-Contributor
Manager: -Voltage-

Team Name: The Snake Brattlers

List of Accomplishments: Captain of the Galactic Astrolotls for CAPPL 6, Ability Leader for Miasmaw, Host of PodCAP, former member of the Choice Band Revenanhks and the Ravenous Roselia (NFEPL3 and 4). Also, my Ladybug is for CAP contributions and I'm doing my best to eventually eveolve it into something more significant.

CAP Involvement: I'm a current member of the Metagame Council, on the CAP Media team, on the QC team and a member of the TLT. I also regaulrly participate in conversation and do all that other cool stuff.

Why you would make a good manager: My first gig in managing was with the Galactic Astrolotls in CAPPL6. We were widely considered to be a team that would be near the bottom of the rankings in terms of standings, and instead we were a playoff contention team until the final week. You can ask any member of the Astros to verify my passion and devotion to making sure my team is the best it can be. Now that I've gotten one round of managing under my belt, I can fairly assess flaws I had in my initial stint managing and can move forward to be even more successful as a manager. Also we had a ton of fun too, with regular stupid voice calls where I built a team talking and everyone else contributed. In general, I know how to create a positive team environment that is also focused and determined to win.

(small edit, if I'm not a captain, I'm happy to assman)
(another edit after Tadasuke's post: ignore my previous edit)

Last edited:

Tadasuke

Tuh-dah-skay
After discussing with other mods involved in the snake draft, we've decided to not have assistant managers in this tour. The reasoning behind this being that since this is a tour with no restriction on drafting other than a predetermined order, it would be unfair to give free picks to managers. There are also concerns over whether or not the playerbase will be large enough to sustain a practice like that. If this affects your desire to sign up or remain a manager, please let me know.

Manager: Airwind

Team Name: Astrolotl Estrellados

List of Accomplishments: I don't have that many accomplishments outside of CAP were I manage Blazing pyroaks with Jay and we got second place in CAP TT4, got a pre contributor badge for cap contributions and I was roomvoice for a time in the CAP room although I got remove it because I retired for sometime and I have gotten some good results of tournaments and in the last CAP PL I went 3-2 and I have gotten First Place in the ladder in every single gen of CAP since ORAS, and I got an article of CAP in the flying press

CAP Involvement: I can say I have a lot of involvement in the competitive side of CAP
Articles wrote/helped:
https://www.smogon.com/articles/offense-cap
https://www.smogon.com/articles/cap-24-jumbao

Torunament experience
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/captt-iv-finals.3641206/
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/sm-cap-doubles-tournament-won-by-yellow-paint.3609349/
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/nostalgia-for-oras-cap-winner-by-heaven-jay.3627806/
Manager for Blazing Pyroak for CAP TT IV
Player of Punny Privatakes CAP PL
Player of Crackling Krilowatts for CAP TT 3

Projects I hosted/co-hosted
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/cap-player-of-the-week-8-heaven-jay.3626300/
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/cap-teambuilding-workshop-v3.3622730/
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/cap-replays-thread-v2-submit-your-fun-and-close-games.3627396/

And right now I'm really active in the PS room

Why you would make a good manager: Mostly because there are Spanish users that play cap but they haven't really been active in the community and as someone who speaks Spanish as a native language I can help those who want to participate and have problems with English and also because I really like to help newcomers play and become better and I want newcomers to feel how good, kind and welcoming the CAP community is and tho shape newcomers to become more of stronger players.

Another thing that can give me a plus is that I have been playing since ORAS which means that I have a ton of knowledge of every playstyle and made some off-pick playstyles work like Tailwind back in USUM and I know well the community so for those people that want to make a comeback I'm going to welcoming them with open arms. and I don't have any problem being a tutor while being a manager.

Last edited:

Tadasuke

Tuh-dah-skay
Hey pals, consider this the pseudo 24-hour-warning for manager signups. Although we already have 6 willing managers, you can still sign up for a manager position and myself and others in charge of the Snake Draft will pick 6 from the pool. This thread will close on Sunday, November 22 at 11:59pm GMT-6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)