Tournament SS CAP Send-off Money Tournament - $1000 Prize Pool! - Round 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

dex

Hard as Vince Carter’s knee cartilage is
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a CAP Contributor Alumnus

SS CAP Send-off Money Tournament - $1000 prize pool!
hosted by dex
art by the masterful martinvtran

SS CAP is coming to an end, and there is no better way to celebrate the community that got me on Smogon in the first place than a massive, crazy money tournament! CAP was what first drew me to participate on Smogon, and while I am now active across the site, CAP will always hold a special place for me as the catalyst for my introduction to the community. The prize structure will be as follows:
1st Place: 40% ($400)
2nd Place: 20% ($200)
3rd-4th Place: 10% each ($100)
5th-8th Place: 5% each ($50)
Huge shoutout to the following users who helped me contribute to this absolutely massive prize pool:
The following rules apply:
Rules:
  • This is a standard [Gen 8] CAP tournament.
  • The format is best of three, single elimination. Quarterfinals, semifinals, and finals will be best of five, single elimination.
  • Changing teams in between matches is allowed.
  • It is required that you post your replays to avoid disputes.
  • All Smogon tournament rules apply.
  • Any change in tiering will not take effect until the following round. This includes the potential buffs/nerfs to Saharaja, Miasmaw, and Chromera. Should a buff/nerf go live in the middle of a week, that CAP will be banned for the duration of that week and any extensions for that week.
  • Matches must be played on Pokemon Showdown or Smogtours.
  • Please use this guide when scheduling with your opponent.
SS CAP Metagame Resources:
Intro to SS CAP | Viability Rankings | Sample Teams | Good Cores | Role Compendium | Sets

Pairings:

Ewin  vs  Revenge Killer
Azamat140499  vs  blastablasta
Potatochan  vs  Ikaishi
Gray  vs  faithviolet
Joeshh  vs  MTB
JayHeaven  vs  Maxouille
Failbor  vs  Juicyjaguar
jonfilch  vs  R1C3M4N
anique  vs  shiloh
zioziotrip  vs  QWILY
blunder  vs  Andrew M
hariyana grande  vs  IronFlashGaming
Sylveon used calm mind  vs  xavgb
Lily  vs  RaiZen1704
Reje  vs  talah
TJ  vs  crying

Reminder that this round is Best of 3. Replays are required. The deadline for this round is November 6, 11:59 PM GMT -4. Extensions have until November 2, 11:59 PM GMT -4 to complete their games.

Chromera is now legal this round.​

Last edited:

dex

Hard as Vince Carter’s knee cartilage is
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Ewin  vs  Revenge Killer: no more charles
Azamat140499  vs  blastablasta: really unfortunate bold
Potatochan  vs  Ikaishi: my guy.
Winner of (Gray vs Maya)  vs  faithviolet: knocking SoulWind out of this better be worth it
Joeshh  vs  Winner of (MTB vs DEG): the messiest of matchups
JayHeaven  vs  Maxouille: unsets everywhere
Failbor  vs  Winner of (Juicyjaguar vs pannuracotta): Failbor continues to win with ancient samples
Winner of (jonfilch vs Nobodynobody)  vs  R1C3M4N: jon is more handsome for starters
anique  vs  shiloh: anique has slightly more cap experience but shiloh has the prestige ig
zioziotrip  vs  QWILY: this one should be super close, I will edge towards QWILY
blunder  vs  Winner of (Andrew M vs Asher647): the Magnus of Mons gets a freebie
Winner of (hariyana grande vs noobiste)  vs  IronFlashGaming: we have entered the zazo state
Sylveon used calm mind  vs  xavgb: sadly this may be the end of the road for one of the people using my teams
Lily  vs  Winner of (Jordy vs RaiZen1704): no matter what happens, should be fun
Reje  vs  Winner of (talah vs D2TheW): irish time
TJ  vs  crying: my guy.

spoo

is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
Ewin  vs  Revenge Killer -

Azamat140499  vs  blastablasta
Potatochan
 vs  Ikaishi - out for blood after being forced to elim his twin
Winner of (Gray vs Maya)  vs  faithviolet
Joeshh  vs  Winner of (MTB vs DEG)
JayHeaven  vs  Maxouille - max somehow got a free pass last round but if this series actually gets played then i'm confident in this outcome
Failbor  vs  Winner of (Juicyjaguar vs pannuracotta) - failbors out here piloting sample teams from early 2021 like his name is rabia
Winner of (jonfilch vs Nobodynobody)  vs  R1C3M4N - go jon
anique  vs  shiloh
zioziotrip
 vs  QWILY - hype games
blunder  vs  Winner of (Andrew M vs Asher647) - dk either of the non blunder guys
Winner of (hariyana grande vs noobiste)  vs  IronFlashGaming - zazo state
Sylveon used calm mind  vs  xavgb
Lily  vs  Winner of (Jordy vs RaiZen1704) - go jordy
Reje  vs  Winner of (talah vs D2TheW) - yeah these games could go a lot of different ways but if you ever see me bolding d2 for anything whatsoever u will know aliens have abducted my body and replaced me with some fucked up lizard replicant with an almond for a brain D2TheW maybe try again next playtest sorry king
TJ  vs  crying - really sick series but gut says crying keeps farming

shnowshner

You've Gotta Try
is a Pre-Contributor
Ewin vs Revenge Killer : stronger imo
Azamat140499 vs blastablasta : the thing about stall in large tournaments is that it's an easy way to farm inexperienced players that don't know how to beat stall. Anyway blasta then beat an experienced CAP player specifically trying to counterteam stall even after loading the same team twice.
Potatochan vs Ikaishi
Gray vs faithviolet : Fun Fact, this match where faithviolet loads one of the most demonic teams I've seen the whole tour is fittingly the 666th replay compiled. call me crazy but i think this is split 50/50
Joeshh vs Winner of (MTB vs DEG) : Joeshh beating RaJ is actually less impressive than the fact that said games had me thinking about if Snaelstrom might actually have a niche and that sort of capability means more than any sort of performance thus far
JayHeaven vs Maxouille : JayHeaven
Failbor vs Winner of (Juicyjaguar vs pannuracotta) : pannu's gonna be too busy scared of BasedWhat's CAP excellence to prep properly and then Failbor sweeps with a DLC1 team or some bs idk maybe pannu also just wins
Winner of (jonfilch vs Nobodynobody) vs R1C3M4N : 2-1 johnfilche
anique vs shiloh : close game but gut tells me anique takes it
zioziotrip vs QWILY : can't really lean either way
blunder vs Andrew M : imagine getting free wins 3 times and making it to round 5 on a tour where you mostly just wanted to play the tier only to face off against mfn blunder. i have a very solid idea of how this series ends but godspeed
Winner of (hariyana grande vs noobiste) vs IronFlashGaming : gets the honor of the funny text
Sylveon used calm mind vs xavgb : the stresh
Lily vs Winner of (Jordy vs RaiZen1704) : also super close for me to call with any real confidence, even if jordy has played like 1 game so far which gives me, a worse player, the right to call him washed
Reje vs Winner of (talah vs D2TheW) : sat on this one for a while but D2 is still one of the best solo tour players in the pool for CAP and honestly i see his winning streak continuing especially so long as Maxouille is around because we all love this mu
TJ vs crying : for the culture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)